Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:23:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to have a serious discussion about BFL  (Read 4037 times)
battmann (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

I am a student of programming and design.

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 02:42:11 AM

OP, if I had any money with BFL, I would request a refund IMMEDIATELY and buy BITCOINS.

BFL is full of shit.

Eh, Idk i really like the idea of having a Jalapeno...and if they do end up coming out with some i'd be pissed. I'll let it ride and file a paypal dispute, like everyone else will, if they end up trying to fuck everyone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 02:43:48 AM

OP, if I had any money with BFL, I would request a refund IMMEDIATELY and buy BITCOINS.

BFL is full of shit.

Eh, Idk i really like the idea of having a Jalapeno...and if they do end up coming out with some i'd be pissed. I'll let it ride and file a paypal dispute, like everyone else will, if they end up trying to fuck everyone.

And I would like a yacht of my own with tons of hot models, but in reality that likely wont happen.

But anyways, you wanted my take...that is my take. We'll see how it all pans out.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

battmann (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 02:57:24 AM

BFL is full of shit.

And I would like a yacht of my own with tons of hot models, but in reality that likely wont happen.

But anyways, you wanted my take...that is my take. We'll see how it all pans out.

Hey worse comes to worse we egg Brians house! Haha, be all like "take that fucker" and run like mad!

Also this:

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 03:22:43 AM

I have a FPGA single so the ASIC was "only" about $700 down which I put on a credit card. For me, waiting is really the best option. I can't get an ASIC for anywhere near $700 and if BFL folds, I can always do a charge back, especially since I have never done one before.

I'll let it ride and file a paypal dispute, like everyone else will, if they end up trying to fuck everyone.

You guys do know that the chargeback window normally closes about 90 days after the purchase is made, right?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
IMakeComps

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 03:41:24 AM

Most CC issuers allow chargebacks either 90 days after payment or expected delivery date.
battmann (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 03:45:12 AM

I have a FPGA single so the ASIC was "only" about $700 down which I put on a credit card. For me, waiting is really the best option. I can't get an ASIC for anywhere near $700 and if BFL folds, I can always do a charge back, especially since I have never done one before.

I'll let it ride and file a paypal dispute, like everyone else will, if they end up trying to fuck everyone.

You guys do know that the chargeback window normally closes about 90 days after the purchase is made, right?

Well I ordered mine in the first week of March, so I have some time to be hopeful. I mean if they never deliver then what is PayPal going to do, just say afuckayou? I am being serious, I really don't know.
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 05:24:28 AM

How about you start with having a moderated thread.

This isn't going well.
battmann (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 06:49:43 AM

How about you start with having a moderated thread.

This isn't going well.

lolwut
PulsedMedia

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 12:20:06 PM

i Purchased multiple units.
2xLittle SC (upgrade from jalapeno), 2xFPGA Upgrade and 2xSingle SC. That's 300Ghash right there.
First order in july i think, full expecting they will not deliver early on, infact, i was thinking of getting FPGA but knowing they will take 6months to deliver even those, i went for the SCs to get in the early batches.

Yes, i worry sometimes will they deliver or not, but the Risk VS Gain ratio is for myself was so far in the black i decided to go for them, infact, i made 2 purchases during this month. (1*Single SC, 2*FPGA Upgrade)
For offsetting the risk on ASIC i also spent on bASIC and ASICMINER. Was considering Avalon but they looked too scammy, and seeing they have delivery issues as well, and the unit is something i can't definitely operate at home, i'm kinda glad i didn't even attempt to get into batch #1.

When i see more proof i intend to purchase couple more Single SCs, or going for Minirig, partly from the Single SC profits and partly from ASICMINER divs+selling those shares when above 1BTC/Share which i expect to happen within 1½ months. The ASICMINER shares i got, if i sold them right now i could probably purchase already a Minirig, but i'm not really too keen on putting down that kind of money on BFL just yet, i want Single SCs in my hands first.

Also during the summer i will move my mining gear to a datacenter. Secure and climate controlled.
bASIC has yet to refund or even reply to me.

and yes, BFL sometimes worries me, but i try not to stress over it.
In hindsight 20/20 i didn't purchase enough ASICMINER shares early on, should have for higher offset on risks, but ASICMINER is that much opaque i didn't want to really. In the end, that was all that remained from GLBSE fiasco (Gigamining, what a scam). All other shares were a complete loss for me (probs 60BTC+ worth) as i'm yet to see any divs, refunds etc. from any of the other shares.

That's how i tend to roll, if i'm making an investment i want to offset the risk by spreading the whole investment in multiple choices, so if one goes downhill i still have something else and not complete loss. That strategy has well paid off so far, in BTC and IRL investments.

Why choose BFL? The FPGAs are *finished and polished* product, easy to use, just plug it in and let it do it's work. I hate the other FPGA products because you need to purchase power supplies, casings, fans etc. you just can't plug'em in and have them going on. for bASIC i had to order in some power plugs up front etc. and full knowing it's going to be messy setup. I want my setups to be tidy.
Nevermind that BFL's offer is on the better side on power efficiency, thus their lifetime will be longer, therefore profits are bigger, and cooling expenses lower.

I shut down my GPU farm last summer, it was too much work to keep it all stable, messy, noisy and too power hungry. One of my GPU rigs even burned due to bad chinese PCIe connector Sad Plus the final nail was when i blew 3 5850/5870 GPUs within couple of weeks and the replacement cards had severe heat & stability issues (purchased locally 2nd hand from gamers). at once i had 5 fully outfitted GPU rigs running, with total of 16 GPUs running, and 5 GPUs sitting on shelve waiting for me to bother to assemble another one. Today it would be worth to power it all up again tho, and been thinking maybe i should boot them up again until little scs arrive Smiley

http://PulsedMedia.com - Semidedicated rTorrent seedboxes
BBQKorv

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 06:41:17 PM

1. Buy as many BFL as you can.
2. Say it's a scam all over the forum.
3. Make people scared to buy, more hashing power for yourself.
4. Huh
5. Profit.

Sorry for outing your methods. (You know who you are.)

Oh no, my cover is blown.

But in reality, praying might be the most effective way to get BFL ASICs some day.
deathcode
Copper Member

Activity: 1428
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 06:48:17 PM

serious and BFL in the same sentence? mmmm that's a contradiction!

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 07:20:12 PM

I want the facts, I want the skeptics points of view, the supporters points of view, fuck even the morons points of view. Everything.

Oh, and to boot, I made this shirt and bought it; so if you like it you can buy it too ^.^
LOL clever. Start a thread begging people to start a flame war about BFL, the deadest horse on BCT, and advertise your new shirt, just like THIS THREAD, and THIS ONE.
This is the best shirt on that site http://skreened.com/bitcoin/block-finder

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
battmann (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 07:37:02 PM

I want the facts, I want the skeptics points of view, the supporters points of view, fuck even the morons points of view. Everything.

Oh, and to boot, I made this shirt and bought it; so if you like it you can buy it too ^.^
LOL clever. Start a thread begging people to start a flame war about BFL, the deadest horse on BCT, and advertise your new shirt, just like THIS THREAD, and THIS ONE.

Thanks, although I like my "I Mine Hard" shirt better than my block finder one.
battmann (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 07:38:10 PM

Put some colored BTC on each cube and I'd buy it.

What color do you want?
needbmw
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 07:45:23 PM

Why choose BFL? The FPGAs are *finished and polished* product, easy to use, just plug it in and let it do it's work.
Their polished "proprietary implementation of both FPGA and ASIC technology" product (which based on sanded Altera chips actually) is awful creature with three fans (one at bottom is really looks strange) and half of these bricks throttles heavy at room temperature.
Looks like you will have same troubles with they next gen devices.

NO PSAKING!
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 07:47:31 PM

The FPGAs are *finished and polished* product, easy to use, just plug it in and let it do it's work.

You should at one point open up one of those "polished" products and have a marvel at the mess of hot glue and velcro inside.
battmann (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 07:52:42 PM

The FPGAs are *finished and polished* product, easy to use, just plug it in and let it do it's work.

You should at one point open up one of those "polished" products and have a marvel at the mess of hot glue and velcro inside.

So if I wanted to buy an FPGA is there one you would recommended?
NEO2012

Activity: 162

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 08:11:29 PM

I told they are scam many months ago. Few persons believed.

SEEMS LIKE U WERE RIGHT

ITS JUST THEY ARE ALEBORATE SCAM

AKA THEY USED A FEW MILLLION OUT OF THE 15-25 THEY GOT IN PREODERS

TO BUY  NICE CASES WITH MANY FANS DESIGNED A BOARD

HIRED  SCAM ARTIST INABA JOSH

I MEAN TO REALLY MAKE IT LOOK LEGIT AT EVRY LEVEL

NOT LIKE BASIC  JSUT SEND ME UR MONEY AND IM GONE WITH IT

ANYBODY CAND DO A TURD SCAM LIKE THAT

BUT BFL WENT THE EXTRA MILE
battmann (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 08:13:40 PM

So if I wanted to buy an FPGA is there one you would recommended?

Talk to Yohan at enterpoint.

Or bid on my auction.  there are a few slow ones up for bids there still going for a bargain price.

Can you link me?

And thank you for help me I appreciate it! If you have a valid BTC related website I will add it to my sites list for free Smiley
NEO2012

Activity: 162

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 08:44:33 PM

1. Buy as many BFL as you can.
2. Say it's a scam all over the forum.
3. Make people scared to buy, more hashing power for yourself.
4. Huh
5. Profit.

Sorry for outing your methods. (You know who you are.)

lick bfls asss  prove it to them in hope of winning one of there none existing asics prizes

go and blow josh in the steam room  u fruitcake
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: