Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:12:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin help poor countries?  (Read 73774 times)
drwtsn32

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 09:58:21 AM

You know what saddens me is the fact that not many people want to go to these places and volunteer because they are not be able to make money here. The rich companies out there (which we are trusting our money with) do not want to that because they are all thinking about business and money and profit. Something that you can't get from the poor countries.
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 10:00:32 AM

For Bitcoin to be a helping factor in poor countries, we've got only one big problem: these poor countries cannot afford a phone, a computer or even an Internet connection. Therefore, there's no way it can help poor countries.
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 10:10:28 AM

For Bitcoin to be a helping factor in poor countries, we've got only one big problem: these poor countries cannot afford a phone, a computer or even an Internet connection. Therefore, there's no way it can help poor countries.

Maybe true. As in some countries, even access to electricity is a big problem,even they have access but paying  monthly bill is another struggle.

But as of now,there are already affordable phones and there are efforts to make internet as a basic needs that's why there are projects of free internet in some  countries. I do believe that bitcoin is a good leverage for the poor to earn an income anywhere.Its a great opportunity where we are equal on this currency.

Open for Campaigns
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 10:40:42 AM

Internet access is more widespread in African countries like many of us think. Therefore internet access is not actually a problem. Look at mobile payment apps like MPesa which are very commonly used in some African countries. I think Bitcoin could help poor people because it does not cost much fees to send money to relatives for example. Western Union and others charge up to 30% fees for a transaction.

yes bitcoin can help the poor people but not a lot. because poor people have very little opportunities of using internet and computer, therefore they find it hard to get benefit from bitcoin.
Weeya

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 11:17:42 AM

Bitcoin can't help solve the poverty of one country but it can surely help its citizens by using it. When people start using it and earn profit from it then they would become successful enough to help its country. When you can't help you self, neither it is in other things.
caxandra

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 11:26:41 AM

I think bitcoin can help poor countries indirectly through offering investment options as well as a cheap method to transport money globally even when conducting worldwide transactions. it can also offer few earning options for the residents of poor countries.
davis196

Activity: 3010
Merit: 918

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 11:47:27 AM

Bitcoin can't help an entire country. but it can surely help the person who use bitcoin if he's poor. and if a country have a lot of bitcoin users then it will surely be beneficial and for that country.
bitcoin need some contribution. if you contribute with bitcoin and crypto currencies . they will reward you for sure. but if you think bitcoin should give you fortune without doing anything just because you are a poor person then keep dreaming.

That`s right at some point.

Maybe bitcoin can help some poor and small countries if they adopt it 100% and use it as paper money.

Bitcoin price can be more stable than the national currency rate of that country and this is a benefit.

Cresciuanto

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 11:48:53 AM

no i do not think so that bitcoin can help poor countries because poor countries have no facilities of internet and computers.
Chennai

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 01:22:27 PM

I think bitcoin can help poor countries indirectly through offering investment options as well as a cheap method to transport money globally even when conducting worldwide transactions. it can also offer few earning options for the residents of poor countries.
Good to go. It is better to teach the countries to fish instead of buying them fish. I am sure online has reached every corner. We have already discussed about making all aware of BTC by keeping stores in big cities. This could be a method to spread bit faster. All unemployed would become employed around the world. All sources can be used to advertise BTC. Wish there should be none suffering from poverty. 
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 01:33:35 PM

no i do not think so that bitcoin can help poor countries because poor countries have no facilities of internet and computers.
Maybe years ago, poor countries doesn't have Internet and computer, but today, even third world countries have Internet and almost everyone has a computer. If not, they have a smartphone, which is enough to connect to the Internet and start earning Bitcoins. I think the countries that you were talking about are countries that aren't civilized. Even India has an Internet and a lot of Indians can actually be found on the Internet.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

isen

Activity: 854

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 01:34:10 PM

Bitcoin may be revolutionary and unique but it's still a currency and a currency is not enough to change the financial situation and solve all the problems of a whole country,it can only help combined with other actions but in order for this to happen you need politicians who take the right decisions and are not corrupted.
18thacccount

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 01:56:26 PM

I think it can help the residents of poor countries, offering them an option to earn a decent amount of money specially since it is in usd, also can help those working abroad to send the money back home and therefore helping there families and the country overall.
rinhunter

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 01:58:31 PM

Maybe years ago, poor countries doesn't have Internet and computer, but today, even third world countries have Internet and almost everyone has a computer. If not, they have a smartphone, which is enough to connect to the Internet and start earning Bitcoins. I think the countries that you were talking about are countries that aren't civilized. Even India has an Internet and a lot of Indians can actually be found on the Internet.
True, but now in technology sector india has no doubt. Even in small oceania countries like tuvalu, vanuatu, tokelau, nauru and so on, Already had a internet domain. May Bitcoin if used there can help that's country especially for people, because i think there is difficult to find a job.
klopcoin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 03:26:13 PM

Can Bitcoin or any other altcoin help poor countries?
how? what can be done?
I do nit yhink that people in africa can use hitcoin this day. But i am sure they can use it in the future. Bitcoin only can nit help them. I think the bitcoin users can help them by teach them how to earn, invest and use bitcoin. I think it could be work. Shall we try?Huh
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 03:32:38 PM

I think you need to realize the following things.

1- Poor people aren't interested in investments since they need the money that they barely have for things with far higher priority.

2- Poor people aren't interested in a tool that will allow them to transfer money world wide as they need the money that they barely have themselves.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 03:35:43 PM

how? what can be done?
I do nit yhink that people in africa can use hitcoin this day. But i am sure they can use it in the future. Bitcoin only can nit help them. I think the bitcoin users can help them by teach them how to earn, invest and use bitcoin. I think it could be work. Shall we try?Huh
While you can always try to get people in Africa using Bitcoin, it doesn't mean that they have the infrastructure or anything to support it. If they don't have access to exchanges, the internet, phones or computers, etc., there is no way that they'll be able to effectively use it.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 03:37:11 PM

I think you need to realize the following things.

1- Poor people aren't interested in investments since they need the money that they barely have for things with far higher priority.

2- Poor people aren't interested in a tool that will allow them to transfer money world wide as they need the money that they barely have themselves.

Correct. What will they offer if they got nothing. The brokers wont even talk to them because they knew they have nothing to offer. So it can help the government of one country. Maybe this investment can be something like a reserve for them and somehow it can get huge at some time.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 03:49:57 PM

how? what can be done?

I don't how they can help poor countries because it is a crypto currency,maybe a philantropist can set up a foundation using bitcoin and all interest coming from it's value will go to help poor countries,this is all I can think of.

RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 04:15:16 PM

YES.

This is bitcoin's primary goal. Africans and Asians pay huge comissinos to use banks, Bitcoin is a workaround to eliminate corruption.

Bitcoin will make poor countries rich.

gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 07:53:10 PM

It can surely help poor countries, if some charitable trusts come up and ask for charity in Bitcoins for a bigger cause and wait for a price hike, sell it and protect the lives of many others by compensating food, jobs, cloth, shelter, etc...
But this ain't gonna happen unless steps are taken and everyone gets involved...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: