Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:02:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 [734] 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191687 times)
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:29:59 AM

What is the situation for BTCD holders? How is this not abandonment?

BTCD hodlers had 12 months to swap, by crypto standards that's like a century, really it is. Some other coins make an announcement and give you weeks to swap, or lose your coins, that didn't happen with BTCD.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:42:01 AM

Komodo is climbing again and yet I did not have a chance to stack up when the price is at around 3 dollars or something. Missed opportunity but I will certainly rack up some more. I mean look at the current price right now , it is still a bargain in my opinion.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Jabba the Hodl

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:53:57 AM

Power is in the hands of KMD owners, guys running nodes for other people will just stand for election themselves now, only whales can afford to pay a node manager, everyone else needs to win votes by doing good deeds and campaigning. Inactive early adopter who aren't whales have no future, maybe one last year for top 30 who don't run this time.

When KMD make next ATH @ +10$ notary earnings are +15k per month, that attracts a lot of attention, running a node isn't coding, just server admin.

I agree, just saying if we go down the route of pools and such they should distribute profits after expenses and fair compensation for the server admin

There'll always be good server admins willing to manage servers for peanuts, and just because they're cheap doesn't make them monkeys. THis is a free market, node managers earnings will follow the law of compensation like for everyone.

"the amount of compensation you receive is in direct proportion to; the need for what you do, your ability to do it, and ease of replacing you"
ealarry

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:05:59 AM

Komodo is climbing again and yet I did not have a chance to stack up when the price is at around 3 dollars or something. Missed opportunity but I will certainly rack up some more. I mean look at the current price right now , it is still a bargain in my opinion.
It's the best chance to get in when the price has an advantage, but most people can not step on that pace, and as you can see, it's still a very good time
boomboom

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:07:58 AM

There'll always be good server admins willing to manage servers for peanuts, and just because they're cheap doesn't make them monkeys. THis is a free market, node managers earnings will follow the law of compensation like for everyone.

"the amount of compensation you receive is in direct proportion to; the need for what you do, your ability to do it, and ease of replacing you"

yeah, I see this attitude all the time now , "I'll just hire an Indian guy to code my application and run my business backend for 10 bucks an hour", it doesn't work bro, not when reliability counts, and here it clearly does. You might get elected once, but your node will be so unreliable you'll always be in the bottom half facing re-election, and nobody will vote for you again. And it's nothing against guys from India either, but unless he/she is into komodo off their own steam, you can't rely on them for 24/7 attention. Hiring cheap from low wage countries only works for one off projects with zero after sale service, and running a notary requires day-to-day attention. Notary nodes need to be run by crypto people with a stake in the success of the project.
tiimothy

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:15:51 AM

It's the best chance to get in when the price has an advantage, but most people can not step on that pace, and as you can see, it's still a very good time
though it's a good chance. a lot of people can't catch him.they are afraid that the price will fall again.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:49:32 AM

1500 KMD @ 3.90 = 5850 USD at todays prices, and this is AFTER recent crash .... and another guy does the work. Even if you paid that guy 2K USD a month, you're making ~1000 USD a week - who reading wouldn't want this deal? No risk, no stake, no (compulsory) work.

Don't underestimate the effort required to keep a notary up and running, and it's only going to increase as more assetchains come online with dICO's. We need reliable nodes, and if you pay peanuts you get monkeys. I hope the pendulum doesn't swing too far the other way, Yes, there are some guys sitting back making good money today who pay a manager to run their node, but early adopters always get those amazing deals, like mining bitcoins in 2010-11.

If we drive down compensation for running notaries too far, and break things, it's actually worse than having a few early adopter fat cats creaming off the profits.

I don't under estimate the work involved, these notaries will generate a lot of wealth over the next few years, it's mind boggling really, and that's cool, I find it all fascinating to watch unfold. I get my 5% per year too, so all good Smiley

I really can't see unworthy people lasting too long, the top 30 spots must coĺlectively control a huge amount of KMD between them, and as they don't have to get elected again this time but still have a vote, I suppose some of them could conceivably run again this time and get elected for more nodes, which is fine by me, as it's proof of stake based, and those people obviously want to see kmd succeed.

afaik notaries aren't critical for preventing security problems like dble spending, so concentration of notaries isn't so much of a worry like with bitcoin. As long as notaries are selected by stake and merit, nobody can really complain.

Any early adopter 'Leeches' will get wiped out by pools, or other early adopter whales, or new whales.
acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:58:22 AM

Any early adopter 'Leeches' will get wiped out by pools, or other early adopter whales, or new whales.

Define "leeches"

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Big Naturals

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:03:42 AM

Define "leeches"

Someone who got elected last year using mostly votes from other KMD holders, who pays someone to manage their notary, and who doesn't contribute much to the community.

@10USD those people are earning 150K USD a year (less fees) for doing very little, risking very little, and contributing very little.
acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:08:36 AM

Define "leeches"

Someone who got elected last year using mostly votes from other KMD holders, who pays someone to manage their notary, and who doesn't contribute much to the community.

@10USD those people are earning 150K USD a year (less fees) for doing very little, risking very little, and contributing very little.

Yep, that's a Leech lol

How many are there? Lucky bastards  Grin

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
███████████████████████████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Big Naturals

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:26:21 AM

Define "leeches"

Yep, that's a Leech lol

How many are there? Lucky bastards  Grin

DYOR, not sure if it's possible to determine who voted for whom last time, if there are leeches they'll only survive if their node stays in the top 30. A smart node manager might make sure their node drops to the bottom 30 next election, so they have to campaign again.

The real power lies firstly with the KMD holders, and secondly with the skilled guys who can run nodes, so chances are those two groups work together to remove leeches.

It shouldn't be personal though, those guys were following jl777 in the early adopter phase, they supported the project and who can blame them for getting elected when we all had the chance but it obviously can't last forever.

Pro tip: If you're running a node for a non-whale who's paying you fees ... you can negotiate a better deal, he needs you more than you need him lol
boomboom

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:33:14 AM

Define "leeches"

I've been following Komodo since day 1 and I don't see any "leeches".

Last election didn't even have 64 candidates, so some people ran nodes on behalf of other non-tech community members to make up the numbers. Not exactly leeching behavior, is it?
Zeneize

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:42:02 AM

Now that almost all crypto assets are cheaper, it is easier for the masses to adopt and use it in their daily activities . So I got to stack up more KMD as this could be the cheapest that can get nowadays.

Komodo didn't become much cheaper though in this blood in the streets scenario - at least not in BTC terms.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Big Naturals

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:49:05 AM

Last election didn't even have 64 candidates, so some people ran nodes on behalf of other non-tech community members to make up the numbers. Not exactly leeching behavior, is it?

Fair point!
indianstake

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:19:43 AM

nice congrats all luckygames user for new currency
Saytan

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:21:25 AM

Now that almost all crypto assets are cheaper, it is easier for the masses to adopt and use it in their daily activities . So I got to stack up more KMD as this could be the cheapest that can get nowadays.

Komodo didn't become much cheaper though in this blood in the streets scenario - at least not in BTC terms.

This weekend is important for btc, we will touch 10k barrier, then go back to 9.6-9.8. I hope KMD will follow and we go little higher. This is time in crypto to show up which coin will stay in battle.

GO UP KMD! WE CANT STAND THIS UNDERVALUED PRICE!

30$ in feb is must!
Karasugoi

Activity: 113
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:14:50 PM

What is the situation for BTCD holders? How is this not abandonment?

Sell it already.  You have had more than a year and plenty of warnings. 

| S U P E R N E T 's BarterDEX | DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE |
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |
Islapdonkey

Activity: 882
Merit: 277

If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 07:46:55 AM

LAST I CHECKED THIS EXCHANGE IS BEEN TOUTED AS SCAM BY SEVERAL PROFILES. APPARENTLY YOU CAN DEPOSIT COIN BUT INCAPABLE OF WITHDRAWING. SO MAKE SURE TO DO A THROUGH RESEARCH.

THIS DONKEY IS KNOW FOR POSTING THIS ENTICING OFFERS WHENEVER HE SEE AN OPPORTUNITY TO LURE IN NAIVE INVESTORS. AGAIN DO A THOROUGH RESEARCH BEFORE SENDING YOUR COINS TO THIS EXCHANGE

Dear Traders and Crypto Enthusiasts and fellow Miners!

Free Bitcoin promotion for all new users registering, just sign up and complete one trade to receive your free Bitcoin - LIMITED TIME ONLY

We would like to welcome Komodo to its service!
Trade: https://koinbi.com/markets/kmdbtc

We welcome Komodo to its family of crypto currencies and has opened the order books for Komodo to be traded!
Our mission is to provide you, the user and trader with a clean, fast and secure platform to trade your crypto currencies.

URL: https://koinbi.com
Trade: https://koinbi.com/markets/kmdbtc
API: https://koinbi.com/api_v2

Thank you,
James Etherington
and the team at Koinbi.com

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
yubit

Activity: 796
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:58:56 PM

Also interesting, wthat will happened with unclaimed BTCD? They will unusable and dead?

████▄▄████████████▄▄████
██▄██████████████████▄██
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██▀██████████████████▀██
████▀▀████████████▀▀████
  Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:29:57 PM

....[stuff]....
The only thing worse than a full page post is when it's been deleted and some jackwagon requotes the entire feken post in "protest".  Angry

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
Pages: « 1 ... 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 [734] 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: