Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:00:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why isn't public transport free?  (Read 8593 times)
Masha Sha (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 06:59:13 AM

Taxes + tickets + ads revenues... All of this to pay executives and press relation managers high salaries?

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2016, 07:06:47 AM

Taxes + tickets + ads revenues... All of this to pay executives and press relation managers high salaries?
That obviously depends on the place you are from, in my city buses are free to use for many groups of people. Unemployed, handicapped, caretakers, mothers with children nad so on... only men between 18-55 are required to have a ticket... equality Roll Eyes
Some cities in my state also provide absolutely free public transport but they are in minority as of yet. So it is possible, still can be profitable thanks to adverts and fund's from national budget.   

Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 07:30:56 AM

Just for example, in USSR people were allowed to travel one stop for free.
Masha Sha (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 07:43:08 AM

Law of physics + automation + open source software... Public utility company CEOs and their staff didn't yet experienced efficiency combined with austerity. Stream lining the processes.

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 07:44:09 AM

Somebody has to drill for oil. Somebody has to refine the oil. Somebody has to build the vehicular transportation. Somebody has to build the roads. Somebody has to maintain all of it. Then there are the vehicle drivers. Somebody has to oversee all the activities. All these people need to get paid.

The real question is, why do politicians and government officials need to get paid? They do none of this, but they still get their cut.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Masha Sha (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 07:58:51 AM

Somebody has to drill for oil. Somebody has to refine the oil. Somebody has to build the vehicular transportation. Somebody has to build the roads. Somebody has to maintain all of it. Then there are the vehicle drivers. Somebody has to oversee all the activities. All these people need to get paid.

The real question is, why do politicians and government officials need to get paid? They do none of this, but they still get their cut.

Cool

And the biggest cut! If you look at salaries in public transportation you will see that the CEOs and her public relation propagandists take the biggest cut! Then all the traffic of influences about deserving an area or another...

ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2016, 08:10:35 AM

Cool

They get paid to take the blame for everything that's wrong with the country and believe it or not they play an essential role in the big picture. If people could learn to take full responsibility for their decisions and actions, there wouldn't be any need for politicians. But people are too busy doing as they please, the only way to be able to enjoy the pleasures of modern society to the fullest is by delegating responsibility to the man.
Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 08:57:33 AM

Gas money is needed,also for buying the vehicles so it's really hard for us to expect free public transport.Although I agree in some places the tickets are really expensive and I can't understand really why,it isn't a rational thing but that's it.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 09:12:49 AM

Cool

And the biggest cut! If you look at salaries in public transportation you will see that the CEOs and her public relation propagandists take the biggest cut! Then all the traffic of influences about deserving an area or another...

Corporate CEOs that run the transportation business are different than government officials.

In a free country, CEOs should get whatever cut they can get away with. Why? Because they are making the thing work. If someone can do it cheaper, they should do it. When this happens, CEOs will reduce their rates to remain competitive.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 09:23:06 AM

You'll see how successful a country is once you see them providing free services like this.
In my case, it's far from being possible. Everything is yet being controlled with money.
Masha Sha (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 09:36:58 AM

You'll see how successful a country is once you see them providing free services like this.
In my case, it's far from being possible. Everything is yet being controlled with money.

Children in public schools don't pay tickets to go to class... Why shall public transportation cost?

virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 10:29:30 AM

Yes. The public transportation system costs money (rail network, bus), this money has to be received somewhere. Even if the government has the money, they usually don't make it free because they get personal profits directly from the corporations. This service could be paid directly from tax money, but we pay tax only to make some poorly educated guys rich right?

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
Masha Sha (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 11:54:02 AM

we pay tax only to make some poorly educated guys rich right?

Too big to fail, too big to jail...

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 04:04:35 PM

Children in public schools don't pay tickets to go to class... Why shall public transportation cost?

Someone pays the expenses of the teachers, pays to print school books, pays to have classrooms built, etc.  Why should people who don't have any kids in school pay for somebody else's kids? Let the parents pay their kids' own way. Otherwise, don't have kids.

Cool

Masha Sha (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 07:47:06 PM

Someone pays the expenses of the teachers, pays to print school books, pays to have classrooms built, etc.  Why should people who don't have any kids in school pay for somebody else's kids? Let the parents pay their kids' own way. Otherwise, don't have kids.

Cool

Exactly Grin and those who have 10 kids while other have none... However everyone would win if all schools would provide a quality education... Same for only tax subsided "free" public transport... Everyone could go... And maybe less traffic jam... And then no more ticket vending machines slowing the commute, no cards what ever. Just hoop and go... And no ads!!!

LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2016, 08:00:49 PM

How public transport can be free? Vehicles costs big money, also fuel is expensive. Also, they need to pay for drivers. In my country bus transport companies hardly can surive, they almost don't have profit. Imagine, if public transport would be free, it would end with bankrupt.

Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 08:12:35 PM

Most public transport in the UK is owned by private firms from abroad.

The labour party wants to change this, and put into public ownership, but still, this will not matter, prices will still rise and the consumer will have to pay.

When the UK builds a new railroad, the taxpayer pays for it, the taxpayer builds it, the taxpayer pays for price rises.
The taxpayer is always out of pocket, and we always complain about it.

The taxpayer pays all of his life, then dies at the end of his working career, or not long thereafter.

No one pays the ferryman except for ourselves, and only then if we have some cash.

And its gone.
Masha Sha (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 08:19:36 PM

How public transport can be free? Vehicles costs big money, also fuel is expensive. Also, they need to pay for drivers. In my country bus transport companies hardly can surive, they almost don't have profit. Imagine, if public transport would be free, it would end with bankrupt.

By free I mean no more tickets... Only taxes. Like the interstate highway system... You know there is a federal trust fund... Same for public transport but more at the county, city or state level...

LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2016, 08:58:13 PM

By free I mean no more tickets... Only taxes. Like the interstate highway system... You know there is a federal trust fund... Same for public transport but more at the county, city or state level...
Well, we already paying so much taxes, I don't think we need another tax. And not so big part of people using public transport, because they have their own cars. Who is main part of public transport clients - kids, students and old people. Kids don't pay taxes, students and pensioners are not rich people and they don't have money to pay more taxes.
But, I remembered that public transport is free in capital of Estonia Tallin since 2013
http://tallinn.ee/eng/freepublictransport/
Talinn citizens have to buy green card to prove identity which costs only 2 euro. So, maybe free public transport can exist.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 10:03:35 PM

Cool

Exactly Grin and those who have 10 kids while other have none... However everyone would win if all schools would provide a quality education... Same for only tax subsided "free" public transport... Everyone could go... And maybe less traffic jam... And then no more ticket vending machines slowing the commute, no cards what ever. Just hoop and go... And no ads!!!

Quite the opposite. You wanna ride, you pay. You pay, you get the ride. Otherwise walk.

You wanna have kids, you pay to get them trained. Otherwise, don't have kids.

It is absolutely NOT fair to take money from people who don't get anything back in return. Why should somebody take your money, and use it to pay my ride, or my kids' schooling? It's your money. It isn't your fault I want to go from here to there, or I want to have kids to train.

But, if you WANT to give your money away, that's up to you. Just make sure I get a benefit when you take my money from me by force in something called taxation.

Cool

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: