Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:08:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is USD being used for illegal activities?  (Read 20114 times)
millgates

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:21:00 AM

I think so, USD or whatever monetary that has it's value can be used in any  illegal activities. Even bitcoin and other currency that can be easily transfer can be used to do their hidden agenda.
Most of transactoin using USD is not recorded, althpugh the transaction is more difficult than bitcoin, but the crimminals will safe after the transaction is done. Its different with bitcoin the crimminals is not safe only because the transaction is completed. the law enforcement still can trace it.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MAJICOIN

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:17:22 AM

USD is the international currency which can be used for many purposes if the people of the Europe and other countries want to do some illegal activities then they will use the USD for this purpose it is not the fault of the currency it is the fault of the people. the currency can be used for good things and bad things as well it is up to you that do the good things for you and your family.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
wolfgang56

Activity: 248

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:28:39 AM

I see more and more articles of the USD being used for illegal activities, such as funding of terrorists and unconstitutional, illegal wars, funding of wars that cause severe infringement of civil liberties like the war on drugs, among other things. I am pretty sure that when goons smash into convenience stores and steal stuff, then the money they probably steal is USD, which makes it criminal currency. Also, I am pretty sure that the baseball bats that majority of the goons have bought were paid for by the USD.

Also, most people collect rain water, drink raw milk, and throw cannabis seeds in soil, all three acts which are considered serious illegal felonies punishable by seriously expensive fines and extensive jail time, possibly life in prison.

Some people also walk, drive, fish, or hunt without a permit that can easily be bought for in USD.

Will this hurt USD in the long run? Will governments ban this just like they started to do with paying in cash for some services to harden the use of illegal activities, and money laundering?
Actually all of the currency around the world can be used in illegal actions like buying and selling drugs online or in real world without noticing the government yet it can be revealed. But in bitcoins you can't leave any trace with your transactions with drugs because it is all hidden.

katarin2030

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:33:43 AM

I think so, USD or whatever monetary that has it's value can be used in any  illegal activities. Even bitcoin and other currency that can be easily transfer can be used to do their hidden agenda.
It's not the question of USD, all other types of currencies also being used for illegal activities. Drug maffia, human trafficking, prostitutions are the results of illegal use of USD. Cash is used for such illegal activities because that does not give any clue to the government that's how money is used for illegal activities.
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:09:36 AM

All fiat currencies are used in illegal activities. USD is the world currency. USD is easily accepted almost in every part of the world, it get exchanged with any currency of the world. It is the most powerful currency ever. Almost all illegal international trades and transactions USD is widely used. This is happening since decades. Drug trafficking, human trafficking, money laundering and funds to terrorist activities are also pain in USD. Due to unique features of bitcoin, illegal traders are using bitcoin currency in their businesses.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:42:59 AM

It's not the question of USD, all other types of currencies also being used for illegal activities. Drug maffia, human trafficking, prostitutions are the results of illegal use of USD. Cash is used for such illegal activities because that does not give any clue to the government that's how money is used for illegal activities.

Anything is being used by evil people. As long as they can take advatage of something they will do it. Dollar, bitcoin, gold, these are things that is obviously being used probably on a consistent basis

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Neerajkumar

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:56:32 AM

At present time every thing can be used for illegal activities.If we talk about the USD its the most valuable currency in the world and is accepted worldwide.It can be used by anyone in the world and hence can be used for illegal activities easily.Best examples are the terrorists who use it for illegal works all around the world
Activitycoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:44:32 PM

This is terrible, I saw some of this on the news. Ban USD and Euro right away. I think when we are at it I hear some people use phones and internet for illegal purposes too, and cars. When will it end?

I like your sarcasm, but don't subevaluate governamental bureaucrats' stupidity: some roumanian friends said to me that in communist era, to fight "enemis of revolution" propaganda, it was forbidden for the public to posses a typewriter....
It’s not from today from a long time UAD is using in crime which is very bad for world USD is using for some terror activities around the world and also its using in human trafficking so it must be stop because it’s going to take world on dangerous side there are also some currencies which are using locally but USD is on the top and the reason behind this is that USD is an international currency so that’s why its use is high than any other currency.
shata

Activity: 547
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 09:27:02 PM

USD is the international currency which can be used for many purposes if the people of the Europe and other countries want to do some illegal activities then they will use the USD for this purpose it is not the fault of the currency it is the fault of the people. the currency can be used for good things and bad things as well it is up to you that do the good things for you and your family.

Well, I think that USD is the international money but if you are entering to other country, Like Philippines, You must changed all of your money into their money with their currency. Well, I'm not agree that USD has been always used in illegal activities because I believe that ALL CURRENCIES with value can be used in illegal transactions and activities even Cryptoccurencies like Bitcoin they are using.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄    
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:14:40 PM

Any currency can be used for illegal activities. Why the dollar is the most popular currency for these purposes?
because dollar is the most common currency in the world.
In general, bitcoin has more prospects for use in this area, because of anonymity
Exactly, that is why we should not get surprised if in the future becomes the number one currency of the world then bitcoin is going to be used not only by good people but by bad people as well and to be honest there is nothing we are going to be able to do about it.
I do agree but i don't think that the government will approve that bitcoin should be the number one currency. They will just agree to the idea of bitcoin can be alternative currency in terms of global transaction. If bitcoin replaces fiat then the governmen cannog manipulate the money cycling over their economy. In other words, they will loose power over their nation.

But at the end it is not their choice, if people decide to use bitcoin and bitcoin spread all over the world and begins to be used in that way governments are not going to have any other choice but to accept that reality no matter how much they dislike it.
Anco_Marzio

Activity: 186
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:15:18 PM

Money is a tool, and any tool can be used in a good or a bad way. Of course it's used to financig terrorist, to trade drugs and so on, but... anything of value (and of course any currency) can be used to this purpose.

HalfDeck

Activity: 223
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:22:26 PM

I see more and more articles of the USD being used for illegal activities, such as funding of terrorists and unconstitutional, illegal wars, funding of wars that cause severe infringement of civil liberties like the war on drugs, among other things. I am pretty sure that when goons smash into convenience stores and steal stuff, then the money they probably steal is USD, which makes it criminal currency. Also, I am pretty sure that the baseball bats that majority of the goons have bought were paid for by the USD.

Also, most people collect rain water, drink raw milk, and throw cannabis seeds in soil, all three acts which are considered serious illegal felonies punishable by seriously expensive fines and extensive jail time, possibly life in prison.

Some people also walk, drive, fish, or hunt without a permit that can easily be bought for in USD.

Will this hurt USD in the long run? Will governments ban this just like they started to do with paying in cash for some services to harden the use of illegal activities, and money laundering?
Actually all of the currency around the world can be used in illegal actions like buying and selling drugs online or in real world without noticing the government yet it can be revealed. But in bitcoins you can't leave any trace with your transactions with drugs because it is all hidden.
Really? As you said, why do the Korean and Japanese government catch a lot of criminals related use cryptocurrency for crime? Because after all, you need to exchange crypto to FIAT and that is the time for the police track the source, data, information of seller and buyer through exchanger.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:33:13 AM

Really? As you said, why do the Korean and Japanese government catch a lot of criminals related use cryptocurrency for crime? Because after all, you need to exchange crypto to FIAT and that is the time for the police track the source, data, information of seller and buyer through exchanger.
We are living in a world of technology and digital gadgets. It is nothing impossible here to trace someone. We are surrounded by CCTV cameras, our google and other researches are having tracks stored in the databases of these search engines.

You cannot escape from the grip of intelligence agencies. It is not just about bitcoin or dollar used in illegal activities and being caught with them, the point is that we cannot escape from technology.
kudapeler

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:23:54 AM

I think the USD has been hired for illegal activities and that's not new to us just because even this discussion board is not being produced, now we know that USD or other products are important that they use in illegal activities such as illegal buying of things or make payments for criminals. I know that even bitcoin is used to doing this kind of action.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:30:18 PM

We are living in a world of technology and digital gadgets. It is nothing impossible here to trace someone. We are surrounded by CCTV cameras, our google and other researches are having tracks stored in the databases of these search engines.

You cannot escape from the grip of intelligence agencies. It is not just about bitcoin or dollar used in illegal activities and being caught with them, the point is that we cannot escape from technology.
I agree with you that we cannot escape from the technology because the technology will be the key for the authorities to find out something and to solve the current issues that have right now in our world and one of the major problem that we have is the illegal activities because they are not just USD to transact but also bitcoin but like you said, even though they have the hidden places, the technologies can still be the key for them to get caught.
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:57:36 PM

I agree with you that we cannot escape from the technology because the technology will be the key for the authorities to find out something and to solve the current issues that have right now in our world and one of the major problem that we have is the illegal activities because they are not just USD to transact but also bitcoin but like you said, even though they have the hidden places, the technologies can still be the key for them to get caught.
Nothing is safest!
Included the blockchain technology, it still has some methods to track illegal activities through this technology.
If the government can not do that, they did not accept cryptocurrency, because they have not way to manage it.
While if they can do that though it is very hard, but they still choose to try and accept crypto.

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
hastag_80

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:24:22 AM

Actually all kinds of cryptocurrency is can be used in illegal activities if its intentionaly to be used as instrument in doing an illegal activities like drugs,money laundering or the most worst case is used this money for buying weapon to destroy the entire humanity an one example of this weapon is nuclear ,or buy more firearms to supply to those group like ISIS to bring a world wide war.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
RebeccaCole

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:29:17 PM

Not sure this is troll or just serious question, haha.
It is definitely being used by terrorists. It is the most acceptable money in the world.
And yes nothing damages it at all.
albos

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:39:00 PM

It has been used for such thing since its creation. Money itself is used for corruption and other illegal things for thousands of years, read some history books !
waichi

Activity: 359

Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:51:08 PM

I believe USD has been used to fund illegal activities. The government should ban them but the illegal acts are too large to destroy. Or maybe some in political position is the one who's doing and funding illegal activities.

███ TWITTER Udego Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: