Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:40:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If Satoshi reveals himself, what would be of Bitcoin?  (Read 19651 times)
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 07:38:35 PM

I'd rather have his identity a mystery. I don't know all the technicalities of bitcoin but one thing's for certain... it challenged fiat. Who knows what they'd do to him if his identity is revealed. There might be troubles waiting for him.
oblomov

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 08:47:33 PM

I don't really think anybody could convince me beyond a reasonable doubt that they were Satoshi.

My 'fun' theory is that Satoshi is Hal Finney, or he was part of the group that is Satoshi, and he is dead.

My view is that Satoshi was John Forbes Nash, and is now dead.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 09:23:17 PM

I'd rather have his identity a mystery. I don't know all the technicalities of bitcoin but one thing's for certain... it challenged fiat. Who knows what they'd do to him if his identity is revealed. There might be troubles waiting for him.
It was a very smart move by Satoshi to go under after giving the world the revolutionary bitcoin and blockchain technology. Other than that, you and I would not have been here discussing bitcoin, because the authorities would have killed and buried everything that represents bitcoin. A closer look at history points to the fact that governments over the years, fought battles unending to capture or retain power.

It is not like the battles are over and done with yet, the true situation of things, is that battles have been repackaged and rebranded, but Satoshi's invention is a spoiler to all that and they are not pretending to be happy with him as till this moment, they are still hunting for him.
mrkevio

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 09:42:50 PM

If he reveals himself with enough proof to convince us, he would probably get assassinated by enemies who do not want Bitcoin in this world. For example, the Governments would do anything possible to get rid of him and his successful project. It's too risky to reveal yourself in this situation.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2016, 09:50:34 PM

Satoshi did reveal himself as Dr. Wright and nothing happened except mass treason by all the supposed Bitcoin loyalists cause Wright wasn't exactly like the mortal god they worshipped.

You monkeys should be asking the real important question like:  What if Dr. Wright gets fed up with you trolls and all the infighting and decides to dump his million Bitcoins and move all that money to an alt [along with 400+ Bitcoin/Blockchain patents]?

That's the biggest danger to Bitcoin which you all seem to miss while busy mocking Satoshi.   

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 10:28:58 PM

I guess you're right. To help protect the future of Bitcoin and blockchain technology, it is best for Satoshi to remain a mystery as governments would want to force him to take down his creation, or even persue him for jail.

In the end, I think the reason that Bitcoin is one of the most valuable cryptocurrencies out there is because its creator is unknown, and the coin itself has managed to survive 7 years since its inception challenging major banks, and our well known fiat system controlled by governments.

Nevertheless, with Bitcoin, we are able to take control of our money, without no middlemen, or banks in the way to take your funds. It is the most important thing Satoshi created and it is changing the world at a fast pace. Just sharing my thoughts.  Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2016, 10:40:35 PM

I guess you're right. To help protect the future of Bitcoin and blockchain technology, it is best for Satoshi to remain a mystery as governments would want to force him to take down his creation, or even persue him for jail.

In the end, I think the reason that Bitcoin is one of the most valuable cryptocurrencies out there is because its creator is unknown, and the coin itself has managed to survive 7 years since its inception challenging major banks, and our well known fiat system controlled by governments.

Nevertheless, with Bitcoin, we are able to take control of our money, without no middlemen, or banks in the way to take your funds. It is the most important thing Satoshi created and it is changing the world at a fast pace. Just sharing my thoughts.  Smiley

Miners and coders and payment processors aren't middle men?  What about regulators who make all the rules?

It's nearly 2017 and everyone is still asleep back in 2011. 

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2016, 09:47:52 AM

Satoshi did reveal himself as Dr. Wright and nothing happened except mass treason by all the supposed Bitcoin loyalists cause Wright wasn't exactly like the mortal god they worshipped.

You monkeys should be asking the real important question like:  What if Dr. Wright gets fed up with you trolls and all the infighting and decides to dump his million Bitcoins and move all that money to an alt [along with 400+ Bitcoin/Blockchain patents]?

That Dr. Wright has yet to prove that he is a genuine and authentic Satoshi first, then we would discuss the implications of that. Apart from just claiming to be the real Satoshi of Bitcoin fame, so far he did nothing to prove that claim. He didn't provide any cryptographic proof that he is the creator of Bitcoin. Ironically, after a few Bitcoin developers and security researchers came out stating that Craig Wright was no more than an impostor looking for publicity, Wright himself refused to present any further evidence that he is really the creator of bitcoin despite his earlier promises to provide real proofs. So we are all waiting when he is actually going to dump his million of bitcoins...

Because talk is cheap, show us the money

That's the biggest danger to Bitcoin which you all seem to miss while busy mocking Satoshi

Even if all this money enters the market, it won't change a thing in the long run. In fact, it might be a good thing if his stash is gone after all

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 01:49:41 AM

Miners and coders and payment processors aren't middle men?  What about regulators who make all the rules?

Well it could be seen that way, where payment processors like Coinbase can take control of your Bitcoins at any moment. Regulations from governments, would limit cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin to grow, eventually turning them into any ordinary payment system. As for coders and miners, they could make decisions that would affect Bitcoin in terms of scalability, and other important factors. As this would require consensus from a great majority, the Bitcoin protocol may be subject to change whenever they like.

Nevertheless, I'm glad to see that Satoshi's invention has paved the way towards innovation all around the world, from finance to healthcare and many other areas of interest.  Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
georgebtalk

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2016, 02:45:35 AM

After reading this thread, I felt compelled to write an article with my take on who the real Satoshi Nakamoto might be.

According to Greek mythology, humankind did not know to use fire until a titan by the name of Prometheus brought it down from Mount Olympus. For this, he earned the gratitude of the humans but was brutally punished by the Gods.

It’s unclear if Satoshi Nakamoto, the modern day Prometheus who introduced humankind to Bitcoins, has suffered a similar fate. No one knows what led Satoshi to create Bitcoin, whether Satoshi is a man or a woman, what race or religious background Satoshi possesses, or even if he or she really goes by the name “Satoshi Nakamoto”. Perhaps Satoshi Nakamoto isn’t a single individual, but an alter ego adopted by a collective, calling themselves “Satoshi” the way others might say “I am Spartacus”...

I won't post the entire article here, for fear of spamming, so if you're interested, please take a look here: http://blog.wetrust.io/the-real-satoshi-nakamoto/

would love to hear your feedback  Smiley
aarturka

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 03:01:16 AM

If he reveals himself he in the first place denounces those who are trying to harm bitcoin, those puny two-faced hypocrites Roger Ver and Gavin Andresen. He will show people that unlimited is just a fork with crucial flaws made by unskilled newbies in coding whereas Core is the best team in the field    Wink
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 03:09:42 AM

What do you think that will happen once the real Satoshi reveals himself (and proves that he created Bitcoin)? Will Bitcoin ever be the same? Will governments try to pursue Satoshi and put him in jail?

This will be something interesting to know, once it happens (if it ever does) sometime in the future. Please feel free to share your thoughts here.  Smiley
I don't think Satoshi will ever reveal himself willingly, there must be a reason why he went into hiding immediately when he created bitcoin, probably the reason is that he fears prosecution for creating such a tool.
rbitalk

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 03:10:08 AM

After reading this thread, I felt compelled to write an article with my take on who the real Satoshi Nakamoto might be.

According to Greek mythology, humankind did not know to use fire until a titan by the name of Prometheus brought it down from Mount Olympus. For this, he earned the gratitude of the humans but was brutally punished by the Gods.

It’s unclear if Satoshi Nakamoto, the modern day Prometheus who introduced humankind to Bitcoins, has suffered a similar fate. No one knows what led Satoshi to create Bitcoin, whether Satoshi is a man or a woman, what race or religious background Satoshi possesses, or even if he or she really goes by the name “Satoshi Nakamoto”. Perhaps Satoshi Nakamoto isn’t a single individual, but an alter ego adopted by a collective, calling themselves “Satoshi” the way others might say “I am Spartacus”...

I won't post the entire article here, for fear of spamming, so if you're interested, please take a look here: http://blog.wetrust.io/the-real-satoshi-nakamoto/

would love to hear your feedback  Smiley

hey georgebtalk, thank you for spending the time and writing that overview of who Satoshi might be, I learned quite a bit from it Smiley
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2016, 08:00:33 AM

Well it could be seen that way, where payment processors like Coinbase can take control of your Bitcoins at any moment. Regulations from governments, would limit cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin to grow, eventually turning them into any ordinary payment system. As for coders and miners, they could make decisions that would affect Bitcoin in terms of scalability, and other important factors. As this would require consensus from a great majority, the Bitcoin protocol may be subject to change whenever they like

No one forces you to use Coinbase after all

People use web wallets primarily because the transaction fees are paid by wallets for them, that is their killing feature, so to speak. Besides simplicity of use and better security overall when compared to what an average Joe can provide himself, of course. But then again, if the government regulations would restrict your use of Bitcoin in such a way that further use of these wallets makes no sense (e.g. through levying heavy taxes on transactions which will turn off the effect of free of charge transactions), you can always back off to transacting directly any time

uchma7

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 08:12:44 AM

Analogically, bitcoin has come to be like a building situated on a rock having a firm foundation. Hence Satoshi revealing himself will have little or no effect on the behaviour of bitcoin.
Positid

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 05:46:26 AM

Analogically, bitcoin has come to be like a building situated on a rock having a firm foundation. Hence Satoshi revealing himself will have little or no effect on the behaviour of bitcoin.
Because what we love is the system and not the creator of bitcoin. Bitcoin will continue to exist even without knowing it's creator so the creator is not  the big issue, it's always good this way I guess.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 05:51:16 AM

satoshi aka nash is already passed... will never reveal himself. Who else would have known about secp256r1 vs secpk256k1 in hindsight? noone but him.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 10:55:40 AM

No one forces you to use Coinbase after all

People use web wallets primarily because the transaction fees are paid by wallets for them, that is their killing feature, so to speak. Besides simplicity of use and better security overall when compared to what an average Joe can provide himself, of course. But then again, if the government regulations would restrict your use of Bitcoin in such a way that further use of these wallets makes no sense (e.g. through levying heavy taxes on transactions which will turn off the effect of free of charge transactions), you can always back off to transacting directly any time

I only use Coinbase for convenience, being able to buy and sell BTC directly from my bank account within my device, anytime and anywhere.

Still, the most secure option would be a BTC wallet software like Bitcoin Core to store my BTC without having the fear of losing them when using an online service like the one mentioned above.

Especially now, since the IRS is pushing Coinbase to give out information of its customers to the goverment for taxation purposes. While I'm not against taxation, I'm concerned of the privacy issues that this would get since after all BTC aims to be a payment system without the use of any identity at all.

Perhaps someday, Coinbase would adopt XMR or ZEC for privacy centric transactions. Just my thoughts.  Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 11:02:15 AM

satoshi aka nash is already passed... will never reveal himself. Who else would have known about secp256r1 vs secpk256k1 in hindsight? noone but him.

Horseshit!

manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 01:08:27 PM

Horseshit!

I also don't believe John Nash was satoshi. I mean sure, guy was really bright, but he was too old to code, I think he wasn't that good with computers, so how would he code the entire thing by himself? It's ridiculous.

I still think satoshi is someone that is currenctly working within the core dev, probably adam back, or even gmaxwell (which may have delayed his official appearance in the community to make it seem like a different person). We will never know I guess.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: