Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:22:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If Satoshi reveals himself, what would be of Bitcoin?  (Read 19653 times)
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 05:19:56 PM

If he reveals himself? I think satoshi would not do that act because he started this all and he can be put into jail with that or pay tax for what he done, but no one knows what the government will act in that situation. But for me satoshi will not do that act.

Put on jail for starting a revolution that saved thousands of people from fiat slavery? I hardly think so. Just think of the altcoin developers. A lot of them have their faces uploaded online. They even post selfies of the conference/seminar regarding the cryptocurrency that they are making. Those people and Satoshi did the same thing. It's only that Satoshi did it first. But if such action is illegal, all altcoin team would never show their faces. They would never conduct any meetups to fully explain the project.

He is not going to pay tax at all because he didn't sign up a contract with the government. The government is simply not in the picture here

I'm curious which contract you refer to here

Regarding paying taxes, the government is always in the picture even if you think they are not (whether you like or not). If he starts selling his bitcoins, he will book profits and the tax agency of the country where he is found to reside may start asking questions. It is one thing when you go for tax evasion in the amount of a few hundred dollars and a completely different one when the question is about a few million dollars

CODE200

Activity: 1484
Merit: 311

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 05:28:00 PM

I think if satoshi revealed himself the bitcoin will still be the same because maybe the government wouldn't bother that satoshi the one who created bitcoin and why would the government will put satoshi in jail ? if he didn't do anything wrong. Am i right ?

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Frank Alister

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 05:30:00 PM

Nothing would seriously change after everything the community has seen Cheesy
If he's still alive & well on his mind the best thing he/she should do is stay neutral
as he/she has done since 2011  Roll Eyes
edden

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 06:04:49 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2017, 06:19:25 PM by edden

I think you people do not know the reality. Governments is not after Satoshi Nakamoto the inventor of Bitcoin at all but government was after Dread Pirate Roberts and government has got him. There are more than one Dread Pirate Roberts. The Governments is now searching for the next Dread Pirate Robert. Satoshi Nakamoto the inventor is one person and he has done nothing illegal. I think government has full knowledge about him. If he reveal himself and tell the truth no governments is going to come after him. If he do not have access to his email and has lost his passwords then how can he come and proof that he is Satoshi Nakamoto ? Government was after DPR but not after Satoshi.

If any impostor of Satoshi manage to hack his email  accounts then he can dance for a while with the media but then the real Satoshi will be outed by the government to facilitate to find out all the Dread Pirates Roberts. Therefore, any one claiming to be Satoshi Nakamoto must be the genuine one. Otherwise he will become a laughingstock. Now, If the real Satoshi come and say here I Am Satoshi Nakamoto. This will become a news. Bitcoin market will grow faster and he will be able to implement all his Bitcoin plans in to action. Why the Bitcoin community are so reactant to bring Satoshi out. They knows who is real Satoshi. No body want another fake Satoshi. Lets bring the real Satoshi  on the media. Does any one have any clues who is the real Satoshi Nakamoto ?
Xandan

Activity: 1106
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 06:10:39 PM

If he's still alive & well on his mind the best thing he/she should do is stay neutral

I believe Satoshi is nothing more than just a project code. There is no person behind this name maybe a group of developers created the code of bitcoin than made an agreement to put huge amount on an address for a time limit.
edden

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 06:31:33 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto is not a project or code. Satoshi Nakamoto is a pseudonym. Bitcoin has very little things to do with codes. Bitcoin is an economic ideology and it is based on digital numerical values. Blockchain is the invention and Bitcoin Blockchain Network is based on codes and cryptography for making secure transaction. Many developers join later but Bitcoin and Blockchain was invented by one man. Pyramids were built by Pharaoh of Egypt but he needed thousands of workers and engineers to do various tasks.
oktana

Activity: 1638
Merit: 288

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 07:27:17 PM

I believe Satoshi is nothing more than just a project code. There is no person behind this name maybe a group of developers created the code of bitcoin than made an agreement to put huge amount on an address for a time limit.

If sathosi is a project code you may also connect bitcoin as illuminati project, lol. I still believe satoshi is pseudonym of professional programmer and work together in teams. Given that the bitcoin creation is decentralized and valuable, he decided not to appear or will continue to be hunted and became seizure of all governments in the world, if he appears in public, it would make bitcoin become damaged and will take away the bitcoin rights by the central government, I assume satoshi that's a complement of cryptology ever developed by Alan Touring, and I call as Cryptonextgen.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 07:33:44 PM

I think you people do not know the reality. Governments is not after Satoshi Nakamoto the inventor of Bitcoin at all but government was after Dread Pirate Roberts and government has got him. There are more than one Dread Pirate Roberts. The Governments is now searching for the next Dread Pirate Robert. Satoshi Nakamoto the inventor is one person and he has done nothing illegal. I think government has full knowledge about him. If he reveal himself and tell the truth no governments is going to come after him. If he do not have access to his email and has lost his passwords then how can he come and proof that he is Satoshi Nakamoto ? Government was after DPR but not after Satoshi

How can you know that for sure?

As to me, Satoshi made a wise decision to disappear without trace into oblivion. Altcoin developers who make public appearances and try to look smart are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Only Bitcoin counts, and after it gets required updates that will allow it to scale up indefinitely, it will become a real pain in the ass of many governments. Right now it can't fully realize its potential due to scalability issues, but after they are done with, it will be literally unstoppable, and then it may be too late to fight with it

Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 01:09:35 AM

Maybe he is even in the open already who knows but in my own opinion, if he eventually shows himself and we believe him, which is a determining factor of the effect such outcoming will have, I think its going to be negative in the sense that then people who want to remain anonymous will become sceptical that its might no longer be possible since the creator of the anonymity is back.
I don’t think he is someone we know, I think he has been successful in avoiding revealing his identity to the world and there is a big chance that we are never going to know his identity and I think that is better for us and for bitcoin.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:39:02 AM

Maybe he is even in the open already who knows but in my own opinion, if he eventually shows himself and we believe him, which is a determining factor of the effect such outcoming will have, I think its going to be negative in the sense that then people who want to remain anonymous will become sceptical that its might no longer be possible since the creator of the anonymity is back.
I don’t think he is someone we know, I think he has been successful in avoiding revealing his identity to the world and there is a big chance that we are never going to know his identity and I think that is better for us and for bitcoin.

Precisely. It would break the mystique at this point, ruin his life, and people would start to ascribe political ideology because of his background/national orign once it was known for certain. Better to just let this dog sleep, it would be like finding out the cake is a lie. But the scandal would probably make the price dip; I guess it just depends on who 'Satoshi' is (having it be someone like Steve Hawkings could be a bonus, meh).
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 03:45:16 AM

That's a LOL and a half,  because satoshi probably IS the government.   And if it turns out that the CIA, IRS or some other agency or foreign government created bitcoin, the communit would collectively shit their pants and crypto would shit the bed.  So it is best that fools keep guessing.   Not that it matters anyway.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 03:57:28 AM

That's a LOL and a half,  because satoshi probably IS the government.   And if it turns out that the CIA, IRS or some other agency or foreign government created bitcoin, the communit would collectively shit their pants and crypto would shit the bed.  So it is best that fools keep guessing.   Not that it matters anyway.

Whenever who create this , there must be something why they won't to let people know their identity.
Maybe security reason for their life or something they are fear against. I think if satoshi is a goverment then it will be found more quickly !

Smiley
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2017, 11:20:33 AM

That's a LOL and a half, because satoshi probably IS the government.   And if it turns out that the CIA, IRS or some other agency or foreign government created bitcoin, the communit would collectively shit their pants and crypto would shit the bed.  So it is best that fools keep guessing.   Not that it matters anyway.

We cannot completely exclude such a possibility

But even if Bitcoin was deliberately created by some government agency, what does it change in the end? Bitcoin is an open-source project anyway, so it is ultimately irrelevant who created it since this won't change how it works and what it does. Besides that, it is not clear what purpose those who created it are pursuing. As to me, Bitcoin may in fact be created by some (likely former) employee of the NSA or similar agency which is heavily involved in developing (or investigating into) cryptographic tools. After all, the SHA256 cryptographic algo which Bitcoin uses for hashing had been developed by the NSA itself

Dorky

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 11:24:17 AM

Alright, you motherforkers. Let's put this shit to rest once and for all. I, am Satoshi Nakamoto.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2017, 11:56:08 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2017, 12:06:56 PM by deisik

Alright, you motherforkers. Let's put this shit to rest once and for all. I, am Satoshi Nakamoto.

Talk is cheap, show us the keys

Whenever who create this , there must be something why they won't to let people know their identity.
Maybe security reason for their life or something they are fear against. I think if satoshi is a goverment then it will be found more quickly !

They may just want to see how the project survives on its own

Apart from that, making themselves public will inevitably force them to reveal their attitude toward this or that proposal regarding ongoing Bitcoin development, and this attitude, first, may not get accepted and in the end completely rejected (which will be a devastating blow to the reputation of whoever created Bitcoin). And, second, that would significantly affect the purity of the experiment, i.e. how well Bitcoin will fare on its own. Other than that, if it was just one human being behind the whole endeavor, this individual might have just died already (but the debates will go on, obviously)

Dammit! You asked for it!

They don't match! Impostor!!!

Dorky

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 12:03:13 PM

Dammit! You asked for it!

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Dorky

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 12:08:46 PM

They don't match! Impostor!!!

Oh, really? Really? Are you sure?

Here's a proof that one of them does match. Hah!

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 01:46:55 PM

I have seen everything in this thread, and all of your post are hilarious!  Cheesy was observing all of the conversation and I thing you can not really claim you are satoshi just like that in this forum because no one will ever believe you! it is like I am saying that I am Jesus and the second coming was now! would you ever gonna believe me because of it even if you have the KEYS???  Cheesy
SamMurphy

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Bitcoin unionhead who's neglecting fiat :)

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:37:49 PM

If he/she is still alive, I think he/she will do whatever it's best for BTC. Otherwise, if he'she isn't exist or is dead, then we are the only we can fix the problems we have. And I think it will be the best to do. We control the bcs and we are the only one we can change it Smiley
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 03:27:28 PM

What do you think that will happen once the real Satoshi reveals himself (and proves that he created Bitcoin)? Will Bitcoin ever be the same? Will governments try to pursue Satoshi and put him in jail?

This will be something interesting to know, once it happens (if it ever does) sometime in the future. Please feel free to share your thoughts here.  Smiley

There's no need for that, because we all know that Satoshi Nakamoto is the only one who created bitcoin, and of course the Government won't put him in jail, I mean, the government knows that there are million people who are using bitcoin right now, including yourself, but are they making any actions to put us on jail? NO, because as long as we are using bitcoin in the right way, there is nothing to worry about.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: