Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:25:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If Satoshi reveals himself, what would be of Bitcoin?  (Read 19651 times)
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2017, 04:04:50 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2017, 05:16:38 PM by deisik

What do you think that will happen once the real Satoshi reveals himself (and proves that he created Bitcoin)? Will Bitcoin ever be the same? Will governments try to pursue Satoshi and put him in jail?

This will be something interesting to know, once it happens (if it ever does) sometime in the future. Please feel free to share your thoughts here.  Smiley

There's no need for that, because we all know that Satoshi Nakamoto is the only one who created bitcoin, and of course the Government won't put him in jail, I mean, the government knows that there are million people who are using bitcoin right now, including yourself, but are they making any actions to put us on jail? NO, because as long as we are using bitcoin in the right way, there is nothing to worry about

You seem to be of too high an opinion about governments in general

In many jurisdictions issuing of currency substitutes is strictly forbidden. Maybe, the punishment is not as severe as for outright counterfeiting (for which you can easily inflict a death penalty upon yourself) but it is not very far from it. Really, if someone is using counterfeit money without knowing that (or if he successfully denies such beforehand knowledge), he will be exempt from punishment in most cases. But the counterfeiter himself will pay in full if caught. In this way, you can't possibly claim that using Bitcoin is equal to creating it

Here's a proof that one of them does match. Hah!

How come that the only key that (allegedly) matches is freely available to anyone?

mattermaster

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 04:56:48 PM

Well, Satoshi is the common but noticeworthy  person who put a bitcoin's value in  millions of  satoshis.  Here if we notice, he really has devalued himself conspicuously because a millions of satoshis makes one Satoshi.

iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 05:02:58 PM

Satoshi died on the NJ turnpike recently. I am not joking.
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 02:21:39 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2017, 02:42:53 AM by andyatcrux

Based on everything I have seen, I've thought Szabo to the be best candidate. Do you mind linking me to some more info on John Nash being Satoshi?

Edit: I made the same request that often annoys me and leads me to say "google it man!"

Allow me to enumerate, is there anything you are privy to that is not in the top 20 google search results? To sum up my best guess, it would make sense if Szabo was inspired by Nash and utilized the "Nash Sato Koto" in conjunction with his own initials. When comparing this to the email to Hal Finney in which Satoshi indicated his initials as being NS, it makes sense. Anyway, pure conjecture. 
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 02:51:55 AM

I dont think that it will be a big matter because not all oc the users are really curious about him, I think they will be more curious how did he think of it or made bitcoin. As a user I dont really care when the true Satoshi Nakamoto enters the stage and tell the people that he dicovered it, it is not that I dont love his work, I am more focused on what he discovered, than him, I really idolize him making such discovery and thank him eternally for making our lives really efficient.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 10:51:43 PM

I think if satoshi revealed himself the bitcoin will still be the same because maybe the government wouldn't bother that satoshi the one who created bitcoin and why would the government will put satoshi in jail ? if he didn't do anything wrong. Am i right ?

He may not do anything wrong, but depending on his country of residence, it will demand for him to pay taxes and the number of Bitcoins he has in his addresses. Not to mention that he created a financial system that rivals’ government’s issued fiat currencies, which is like a threat to those central banks from the most prominent countries like the USA.

Maybe that is the reason he hasn't showed up yet, due to fear of governments and big entities that would try to put an end to Bitcoin and the blockchain.

Nevertheless, no matter if Satoshi reveals himself or not, Bitcoin will always be in the eyes of investors, traders, and everyday people. Just my opinion.  Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 02:39:37 AM

That's a LOL and a half,  because satoshi probably IS the government.   And if it turns out that the CIA, IRS or some other agency or foreign government created bitcoin, the communit would collectively shit their pants and crypto would shit the bed.  So it is best that fools keep guessing.   Not that it matters anyway.
It will be an ironic twist don’t you think? That governments or their agencies were the ones to create the hydra known as bitcoin, but it should not surprise us since there are many projects that were invented for military use that were taken by the civil society and were made bigger than anyone imagined.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 03:56:57 AM

Yea tell me something I don't know Smiley Already posted it in this thread many months ago.
Witchlist

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 07:27:41 AM

i dont think it would be wise for him to do so.
revealing himself means he will have to face difficulties in his country
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2017, 08:38:39 AM

That's a LOL and a half,  because satoshi probably IS the government.   And if it turns out that the CIA, IRS or some other agency or foreign government created bitcoin, the communit would collectively shit their pants and crypto would shit the bed.  So it is best that fools keep guessing.   Not that it matters anyway.
It will be an ironic twist don’t you think? That governments or their agencies were the ones to create the hydra known as bitcoin, but it should not surprise us since there are many projects that were invented for military use that were taken by the civil society and were made bigger than anyone imagined

I've been telling that myself before

Namely, that Bitcoin might in fact have been created by some special agency as an economic weapon of sorts ("economic hitman" coin, so to speak). It is obvious that if its gets traction, it will be competing with local currencies. And the most vulnerable among these would quite naturally be the weakest currencies. In other words, the US dollar would be the last to fall, so you shouldn't get surprised that the US is mostly neutral toward Bitcoin (with an overall friendly sentiment) and that some US government agency like the NSA could in fact be behind its creation

Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:35:10 AM

What do you think that will happen once the real Satoshi reveals himself (and proves that he created Bitcoin)? Will Bitcoin ever be the same? Will governments try to pursue Satoshi and put him in jail?

This will be something interesting to know, once it happens (if it ever does) sometime in the future. Please feel free to share your thoughts here.  Smiley

There's no need for that, because we all know that Satoshi Nakamoto is the only one who created bitcoin, and of course the Government won't put him in jail, I mean, the government knows that there are million people who are using bitcoin right now, including yourself, but are they making any actions to put us on jail? NO, because as long as we are using bitcoin in the right way, there is nothing to worry about.
You seem obviously at the periphery of the Bitcoin ecosystem, because you seem not to realize that the only thing holding the governments from nailing the coffin of Bitcoin is simply because they are helpless. They are simply licking the wounds inflicted on them by the emergence of Bitcoin and Satoshi's appearance would actually help them in solving lots of puzzles before them. Firstly, they would arrest  him and slam huge tax on the 1 million Bitcoin he mined and charge him for creating a drain pipe through which government loses revenue from tax. At that point, the price of Bitcoin would most likely nose dive.

This actually happened to Craig Wright 2 years ago in Australia, for claiming to be Satoshi:                    
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-australia-bitcoin-exclusive-idUSKBN0TS0AB20151209
btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:50:03 AM

i dont think it would be wise for him to do so.
revealing himself means he will have to face difficulties in his country

Yes, I agree with you because this is not the right time because many government sectors are angry about Bitcoin because many people diverted from forex trading to bitcoin, this will leads to big issues if comes out and reveals means.
Gens09

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:50:16 AM

We cannot know if Satoshi Nakamoto is the real creator of bitcoins no one is sure who really Satoshi Nakamoto and no one knows if Nakamoto is alive but if he do create bitcoin and reveal himself we cant say or think that he can do anything about bitcoin or anything. Without him bitcoin still become successful and become famous in digital world and at this point of success we dont really need to know the make of bitcoin just do the opportunity it gives.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:48:41 PM

We cannot know if Satoshi Nakamoto is the real creator of bitcoins no one is sure who really Satoshi Nakamoto and no one knows if Nakamoto is alive but if he do create bitcoin and reveal himself we cant say or think that he can do anything about bitcoin or anything. Without him bitcoin still become successful and become famous in digital world and at this point of success we dont really need to know the make of bitcoin just do the opportunity it gives.
Satoshi is the real creator of bitcoin.. check the wp
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 07:41:35 PM

We cannot know if Satoshi Nakamoto is the real creator of bitcoins no one is sure who really Satoshi Nakamoto
First thing expected of a newbie to do is to learn and learn right! Now Satoshi Nakamoto is the known creator of Bitcoin, what we cant tell is whether that is his real name or not and if he is dead or alive.

Without him bitcoin still become successful and become famous in digital world and at this point of success we don't really need to know the make of bitcoin just do the opportunity it gives.
Wrong! He was the first to picture the success of Bitcoin to have thrown his time and resources behind it, even when nothing was clear. Bitcoin's success was only possible after the great work and foundation he laid - always give credit to whosoever it is due, that is the way to attract yours.  
I like ur coin

Activity: 18

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 08:32:59 PM

Do you believe Nash wrote the original code?
Nomad88
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1268

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2017, 08:40:39 PM

One day, we will find out whether it is a single person behind this name or several people. If this is a single person, I think it is sad. Because, this means we have a new John Nash which we never met or perhaps never will.

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 01:20:50 PM

You seem obviously at the periphery of the Bitcoin ecosystem, because you seem not to realize that the only thing holding the governments from nailing the coffin of Bitcoin is simply because they are helpless. They are simply licking the wounds inflicted on them by the emergence of Bitcoin and Satoshi's appearance would actually help them in solving lots of puzzles before them. Firstly, they would arrest  him and slam huge tax on the 1 million Bitcoin he mined and charge him for creating a drain pipe through which government loses revenue from tax. At that point, the price of Bitcoin would most likely nose dive.

This actually happened to Craig Wright 2 years ago in Australia, for claiming to be Satoshi:                   
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-australia-bitcoin-exclusive-idUSKBN0TS0AB20151209

Yes. That may probably happen with Satoshi, once he reveals his true identity. At the cost it would take, I think that it would be best for Satoshi not to reveal himself and remain a mystery, to help the blockchain become bigger each day, and not become interrupted by the likes of the government. Although, Bitcoin's network is strong and resistant against 51% attacks, or network splits, there could exist the possibility of the government trying to force Satoshi to dump all his coins, to plummet the digital currency's value.

As for Wright, I feel sorry for him as he managed to fool the Bitcoin community, by making them believe that he was the real Satoshi. Now, he has to pay taxes to the Australian government, due to the alleged amount of Bitcoins under his control. Unless he proves that doesn't own the addresses associated with the genesis block and the first Bitcoin transactions, he will be doomed. Just my thoughts.  Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
hidemyname2

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 01:50:54 PM

This will be something interesting to know, once it happens (if it ever does) sometime in the future. Please feel free to share your thoughts here.  Smiley

More opportunity for bitcoin industry, He will be credited a name on history of Currency development. It will be fun to know who real he is, I think if satoshi reveal their will be a lot of work ? or projects like giving a work of homeless that let ear money ? something like that can help the world.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 01:49:56 PM

You seem obviously at the periphery of the Bitcoin ecosystem, because you seem not to realize that the only thing holding the governments from nailing the coffin of Bitcoin is simply because they are helpless. They are simply licking the wounds inflicted on them by the emergence of Bitcoin and Satoshi's appearance would actually help them in solving lots of puzzles before them. Firstly, they would arrest  him and slam huge tax on the 1 million Bitcoin he mined and charge him for creating a drain pipe through which government loses revenue from tax. At that point, the price of Bitcoin would most likely nose dive.

Yes. That may probably happen with Satoshi, once he reveals his true identity. At the cost it would take, I think that it would be best for Satoshi not to reveal himself and remain a mystery, to help the blockchain become bigger each day, and not become interrupted by the likes of the government. Although, Bitcoin's network is strong and resistant against 51% attacks, or network splits, there could exist the possibility of the government trying to force Satoshi to dump all his coins, to plummet the digital currency's value

I don't know how real these claims would be in any "decent" jurisdiction

And whether he can actually be prosecuted for creating Bitcoin. Regarding taxes, he didn't cash out his stash, so why should he pay taxes and which taxes specifically? I don't know what really happened to Craig Wright and the article by the link doesn't specify if the police raid had anything to do with Bitcoin as such. But the guy seems to have been involved in a number of scam enterprises long before Bitcoin. He even served some short term in prison, so it is no surprise that the police keeps a close eye on him. But that again may have nothing to do with Bitcoin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: