Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:31:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If Satoshi reveals himself, what would be of Bitcoin?  (Read 19653 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 01:27:50 AM

yeah me too. nothing big will happen if satoshi exist and show the world his true face. THe price of Bitcoin will not change at all and nothing will happen to the world we live.

Perhaps. While Satoshi won't make a difference in Bitcoin's underlying value, he would make it even better as he comes up with solutions to the pioneer cryptocurrency's current issues.

Everything about Bitcoin is perfect, but the lack of the community reaching consensus to scale Bitcoin is a huge problem for it, making it stale in the future. Unless Satoshi or another genius comes with a brilliant solution for Bitcoin, the pioneer cryptocurrency will decrease further in market share, as altcoins take the lead in processing every day transactions.

Nevertheless, if Satoshi is still alive, he would be very disappointed with Bitcoin's current issues, as his original vision was for it to scale to serve its purpose as a peer to peer electronic cash system. Just my opinion.  Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
DainSLane

Activity: 784
Merit: 112

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 02:15:39 AM

Satoshi would never reveal himself because satoshi holds 1million bitcoin and it's value is equivalent to $2.5 billion dollars that's a lot of money if i were him i won't reveal myself to the world lol i can get killed easily because of bitcoin.
mademerich

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 02:24:19 AM

Satoshi would never reveal himself because satoshi holds 1million bitcoin and it's value is equivalent to $2.5 billion dollars that's a lot of money if i were him i won't reveal myself to the world lol i can get killed easily because of bitcoin.

By that logic every billionaire should have already been killed. In reality rich people are well protected, and he could easily reveal himself and do a lot of things with that money both for personal pleasure and for his legacy. But in reality as soon as he reveals himself there would be a panic but he would probably promise not to release his coins so the price would stabilize again.
kuyaJ

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:00:00 AM

By that logic every billionaire should have already been killed. In reality rich people are well protected, and he could easily reveal himself and do a lot of things with that money both for personal pleasure and for his legacy. But in reality as soon as he reveals himself there would be a panic but he would probably promise not to release his coins so the price would stabilize again.
Satoshi not being revealing himself is a better choice to himself of course and to the entire Bitcoin community. Also choosing not to reveal yourself has its perks also like he don't need to waste his money hiring body guards to secure himself with those people having bad intents like what the rich people do. By this, he will not have too much restraints as whatever he will do and the Bitcoin community would stay as it is because the moment he will reveal himself, just like as you said, will promote panic which will greatly affect the Bitcoin itself.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 03:33:02 PM

yeah me too. nothing big will happen if satoshi exist and show the world his true face. THe price of Bitcoin will not change at all and nothing will happen to the world we live.

Perhaps. While Satoshi won't make a difference in Bitcoin's underlying value, he would make it even better as he comes up with solutions to the pioneer cryptocurrency's current issues.

Everything about Bitcoin is perfect, but the lack of the community reaching consensus to scale Bitcoin is a huge problem for it, making it stale in the future. Unless Satoshi or another genius comes with a brilliant solution for Bitcoin, the pioneer cryptocurrency will decrease further in market share, as altcoins take the lead in processing every day transactions.

Nevertheless, if Satoshi is still alive, he would be very disappointed with Bitcoin's current issues, as his original vision was for it to scale to serve its purpose as a peer to peer electronic cash system. Just my opinion.  Smiley
Bitcoin will remain number 1 for a long time but it is impossible to avoid altcoins to take away some of the market share of bitcoin, since some of the coins are really good projects deserving attention, and also because there are so many coins that even if they only get a small investment, that is investment bitcoin is not going to get.
posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:36:09 PM

Bitcoin will remain number 1 for a long time but it is impossible to avoid altcoins to take away some of the market share of bitcoin, since some of the coins are really good projects deserving attention, and also because there are so many coins that even if they only get a small investment, that is investment bitcoin is not going to get.

Bitcoin will always be Top digital currency. Satoshi is not revealed yet and bitcoin is doing great. If somehow Satoshi is revealed, it wont have much affect on bitcoin price and volume. No doubt Satoshi developed the bitcoins but he is not the owner of this.  Bitcoins are decentralized and those who have bitcoins are the real owners and no one can manipulate the prices and volume, not even Satoshi. Grin
25hashcoin

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:50:38 PM

He would ridicule us for not having larger blocks right now.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
Panda Trump

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 06:12:36 PM

He might not even be alive anymore..

Panda Trump

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 06:13:54 PM

Bitcoin will always be Top digital currency. Satoshi is not revealed yet and bitcoin is doing great. If somehow Satoshi is revealed, it wont have much affect on bitcoin price and volume. No doubt Satoshi developed the bitcoins but he is not the owner of this.  Bitcoins are decentralized and those who have bitcoins are the real owners and no one can manipulate the prices and volume, not even Satoshi. Grin

Bitcoin has way too high fees... What if those grow even more? You're sure BTC will stay the number 1?

alkiw21

Activity: 344
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 06:49:23 PM

We can not know what the future will be like. After satoshi expresses itself
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 08:04:35 PM

Bitcoin should go to the price Satoshi is expecting for Bitcoins, if he ever reveals himself or already found.  Roll Eyes
But I don't get it why governments would put him into jail? He just introduced an experiment, a concept that became huge success and got started to be used as a mode of payment giving financial freedom to all the citizens of each and every country. Aren't we FREE to do anything? If we are, then I don't think Satoshi needs to get arrested, but instead should get rewarded for giving such a gift to the society.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 02:27:32 AM

Agree. Bitcoin will remain the number one cryptocurrency for years to come. It will be very difficult for another alternative to take the lead, since Bitcoin has a solid branding and principles, which most altcoins of the market lack of. But as you said, it would be inevitable for altcoins to increase their market share and decrease Bitcoin's dominance within the markets.

There are many alts with better features than Bitcoin, some of which have better transaction capacity than the pioneer cryptocurrency. The only thing is that no alt has managed to overcome Bitcoin's market cap ratings, but it may change in the future as the same is unpredictable, especially in the highly volatile world of cryptocurrencies. Just my opinion.  Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
moooonu

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 02:38:09 AM

One thing for sure that he won't be alive for much time Cheesy.
All the persons who were suspected of being satoshi nakamoto are dead already and if someone got their hands on the code behind making of bitcoin it will be useless crypto.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 07:38:47 AM

One thing for sure that he won't be alive for much time Cheesy.
All the persons who were suspected of being satoshi nakamoto are dead already and if someone got their hands on the code behind making of bitcoin it will be useless crypto

It's a difference that makes the difference

People got suspected of being Satoshi Nakamoto after they had already passed away (e.g. Hal Finney who perished in 2014 or Dave Kleiman who died a year before). It would be really sinister and ominous if people started dying after having been suspected of being Bitcoin's creator. On the other hand, Craig Wright outright claims to be Satoshi himself (and for long time already) but he is still alive and kicking (at least, he was when I last heard of him)

South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 09:30:48 PM

While satoshi cannot any longer decide where bitcoin goes when it comes to the development process, you are very mistaken when you say satoshi has no influence, according to some estimates satoshi has more than a million bitcoins that is more than enough to give him a tremendous power to do as he pleases with bitcoin, if he wanted he could crash the price of bitcoin like nothing we have seen.
DomainReseller

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 03:56:53 PM

it wouldn't be making much of a difference, considering how satoshi remained incognito for this long, even him/her revealing hi(e)(m)self probably won't happen anytime soon, also considering how bitcoin is open, Satoshi doesn't have specific implications on it anyway. also it would be too much of a hassle for him/her too.

btw: I'm politically correct, Yay!
alexis3

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 03:33:34 PM

First of all, I'll be quite surprised, it's true that BTC is probably his masterpiece and if he announces himself he might be remembered in history if BTC did well, however the more real-world issues would be horrible. The media, being treated as a movie star in the bad sense of being surrounded by curious, scandal-waiting predators. The unwanted attention from governments, issues about asking him to find ways to counter TX's. Possibly even lawsuits.
Not to mention the mafia, someone with billions of dollars and normal security is a sitting duck.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 05:05:52 PM

While satoshi cannot any longer decide where bitcoin goes when it comes to the development process, you are very mistaken when you say satoshi has no influence, according to some estimates satoshi has more than a million bitcoins that is more than enough to give him a tremendous power to do as he pleases with bitcoin, if he wanted he could crash the price of bitcoin like nothing we have seen.

Exactly. Even if Satoshi doesn't have the power to change things in the development side of Bitcoin, he could still determine Bitcoin's path if he ever decides to sell all his Bitcoins. If he does, then the pioneer cryptocurrency would be doomed as it massively declines in value within a short amount of time.

So, having a huge amount of the digital currency could have a great effect over its long term value, which at some point it wouldn't be ideal for Bitcoin's original creator to reveal himself.

Nevertheless, nowadays Bitcoin has performed well without its creator and I believe that it will continue to do so for years to come. No matter if we don't know who Satoshi is yet, he created something revolutionary that will change the world in every way possible. Just my opinion.  Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
bettercrypto

Activity: 1372
Merit: 269

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 05:54:01 PM

If Satoshi reveal himself then we got a big news.  This news will increase Bitcoin exposure and popularity.  With this the price of bitcoin will be affected since it will be hyped by the news about Satoshi and we can see an increase of price.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
briny

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:51:06 PM

I dont know about other governments but, as i can assume, DOnald Trump gonna invite him to a dinner and having a discussion on how btc can help USD to grow in comparison to currencies in term of values. cause, as far i have seen in my little life, USA and USD are always same to me. nothing good for us but everything is for them. ha ha ha

regards
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: