Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:05:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: If Bitcoin was made illegal by your government and the punishment was very bad would you still use it, would you still support it?  (Voting closed: December 25, 2016, 01:05:03 AM)
yes - 111 (63.8%)
no - 21 (12.1%)
not sure - 35 (20.1%)
other - 7 (4%)
Total Voters: 174

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin was made illegal by your government would you still use it?  (Read 16741 times)
agamasrori

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 09:36:21 PM

Don't know how many of you remember it used t be against the law in the US to have Gold. Jewellery was excepted but bars, coin etc  could not be owned.
Although governnent not allowed us to own bitcoin, they can not do anything to prohibit us to own bitcoin, becouse bitcoin have anonimity that protect the users. I read in some articles that even us is starting to regulated bitcoin.

▄
            ▄███▄
          ▄███████▄
   ▄▄▄    █
█████████
   ███
    ███████████▄
██    ████    ████████▄
      ████    ██████████
  ████    ████▀██████████
  ████    ██▀   ▀█████████▄
      █████       █████████▄
      ███▀         ▀████████
  ██████▀           ▀███████
  █████▀             ▀█████
   ████ █▄▄▄     ▄▄▄█ ████
    ███ ▀███████████▀ ███
     ▀▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
|●  facebook
●  reddit
●  ann thread
|
█ ██
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██

██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
██ █
triasel

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 05:17:49 AM

If Bitcoin was made illegal by your government and the punishment was very bad, would you still use it, would you still openly support it?

i think bitcoin not a crime so what a reason made illegal by your government, if this a happened i will use it whatever about goverment
MancyZz

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 03:57:45 AM

If Bitcoin was made illegal by your government and the punishment was very bad, would you still use it, would you still openly support it?

i am not sure , i don't want spend my time like  punishment because i am still a young
may be i will move to other coins

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 02:56:40 PM

I will use it because i don't use bitcoins for illegal activity, but i don't know what for people come from Europe, because Europe Will Have Power to Ban Blockchain Tech in January 2018.
At a blockchain conference last week in London, Patrick Armstrong, Senior Risk Analysis Officer, detailed ESMA’s approach to blockchain technology. One strategy he noted was to ban blockchain products or processes altogether.
https://news.bitcoin.com/europe-power-ban-blockchain/
It is bad for Europeans

Its really a bad news for Europeans since they are serious of banning blockchain products and processes.It may be implemented on 2018 but still a year to go left for those bitcoin users on Europe.Its quiet a big news for me that the government could possibly ban bitcoin on a particular place but i wont still totally believe until that time arrives i would like to see on how they gonna do it.
That is very bad news. Banning of bitcoin on europe has a huge effect on bitcoin. Bitcoin price might get dump.
Or if other country get an idea too to ban bitcoin on their country and spread the ban to the whole world
But earlier, most of the European countries had cleared their stand on bitcoin to treat it as a 'digital asset'.

But now we are hearing complete new things. I believe this will not get implemented when more number of people finds the advantages and potential of bitcoins.

Yes, governments will be forced to listen people's choice, that is the reality as per history. So no need to worry, I believe.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 03:35:51 PM

I will use it because i don't use bitcoins for illegal activity, but i don't know what for people come from Europe, because Europe Will Have Power to Ban Blockchain Tech in January 2018.
At a blockchain conference last week in London, Patrick Armstrong, Senior Risk Analysis Officer, detailed ESMA’s approach to blockchain technology. One strategy he noted was to ban blockchain products or processes altogether.
https://news.bitcoin.com/europe-power-ban-blockchain/
It is bad for Europeans

Its really a bad news for Europeans since they are serious of banning blockchain products and processes.It may be implemented on 2018 but still a year to go left for those bitcoin users on Europe.Its quiet a big news for me that the government could possibly ban bitcoin on a particular place but i wont still totally believe until that time arrives i would like to see on how they gonna do it.
That is very bad news. Banning of bitcoin on europe has a huge effect on bitcoin. Bitcoin price might get dump.
Or if other country get an idea too to ban bitcoin on their country and spread the ban to the whole world
But earlier, most of the European countries had cleared their stand on bitcoin to treat it as a 'digital asset'.

But now we are hearing complete new things. I believe this will not get implemented when more number of people finds the advantages and potential of bitcoins.

Yes, governments will be forced to listen people's choice, that is the reality as per history. So no need to worry, I believe.

Governments will be forced to listen to the people? What planet are you from?  Some of the most democratic countries in history have not listened to their people until it was too late to stop the revolution.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 06:14:21 PM

not so sure but maybe yes i will still use and support bitcoin secretly, if ever it is already prohibited in my country I will find a way to keep in touch with my coin and will keep it on a desktop wallet despite that I will be punished badly if they caught and traced me using this bitcoin Grin but i don't think they will implement a strict law on bitcoin that they will punish you like hell.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22]  All
  Print  

Jump to: