Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:51:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PEEPCOIN / PCN: CLASSIC COMMUNITY, SINCE 2016  (Read 46127 times)
bestcryptomen

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:02:52 AM

I don't want be volunteer ,  but i can and want help this project ... I like PCN coin. We can talk pm and discuss some details if you want...
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oblique

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:45:04 PM

Hi devs,

I want to join this community so I bought some PCN on Coinexchange and would like to transfer to my wallet but I'm getting this error in Windows 7 x64:

http://i68.tinypic.com/2cyoefm.jpg

The first time I ran the wallet it worked fine and started syncing but after a reboot I would only get this.

That error suggests possible database corruption. Did you shut down the wallet cleaning before the reboot?

If you hadn't synced many blocks already then you can try restarting the sync from scratch:

0. Close the client and back up (copy elsewhere) the wallet.dat file, just in case something goes wrong
1. Delete the file blk0001.dat
2. Delete the folders database and txleveldb
3. Restart the client

Yes exactly - Windows spontaneously crashed and after that the wallet wouldnt load. Thanks for the tips I will start the sync from the beginning.
oblique

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:32:15 PM

Any reason why coinmarketcap doesnt report circulating supply for us? Would be good to know whats going on with the coin...the site is like a crypto wiki.
pocketart

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:06:29 PM

Hey OP,
How do we bring this coin back?
Any plans?
How to fix its bad reputation from original dev being a scammer?

I am interested in taking part in bringing back this coin.
Let everyone know with more details, thanks  Grin

HHWlife

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:01:56 AM

almightyruler

Hello can you tall me what is the official working website for  PEEPCOIN  Huh

Thank you !!!

No official website at the moment, but I guess given the recent interest in this coin that's probably a good idea. Anyone want to volunteer?
i can volunteer and create a website and do some promotional stuff.
how many pcn do i get for it. are you the dev for this coin?
GODisGOOD

Activity: 12
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:23:33 PM

Please how do i get or download the newer client? Download link please

By 'newer' I mean the one listed in the OP... http[Suspicious link removed]

It is basically the original client, but with added seed nodes, and newer versions of the QT/SSL etc libraries.

First of all, thank you for bringing this Peepcoin back to life!!  You are amazing!!

May I ask if I download this link----    http[Suspicious link removed]  on the same laptop, will it interfere my old wallet?  And will the funds be automatically synced and put into the new wallet once I download the above link?  Please advise.

I just looked at the DEBUG WINDOW, it showed that my current block is only 644,660+ and the estimated block should be 899,065, what can I do to make it right?  It did show that it has 10 connections.   But on the main page next to the "WALLET", it keep showing "Out of Sync", but the staking interest is still coming in.   So, it should be working, but have no idea how to correct it.  Please help!

AlmightyRuler, we appreciate your effort!
almightyruler (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:54:43 PM

Please how do i get or download the newer client? Download link please

By 'newer' I mean the one listed in the OP... http[Suspicious link removed]

It is basically the original client, but with added seed nodes, and newer versions of the QT/SSL etc libraries.

First of all, thank you for bringing this Peepcoin back to life!!  You are amazing!!

May I ask if I download this link----    http[Suspicious link removed]  on the same laptop, will it interfere my old wallet?  And will the funds be automatically synced and put into the new wallet once I download the above link?  Please advise.

I just looked at the DEBUG WINDOW, it showed that my current block is only 644,660+ and the estimated block should be 899,065, what can I do to make it right?  It did show that it has 10 connections.   But on the main page next to the "WALLET", it keep showing "Out of Sync", but the staking interest is still coming in.   So, it should be working, but have no idea how to correct it.  Please help!

AlmightyRuler, we appreciate your effort!

Hmm, bitcointalk thinks my website is a suspicious link Sad

As I explained in PM the new client is really just a slightly fresher version; apart from finding peers a bit more easily (which was a real problem when peepcoin first launched) it shouldn't act any differently to the original.

You can copy peepcoin-qt.exe over the old one, or just run it from a different location. It will find your existing blockchain and wallet data. I recommend you BACK UP your wallet.dat first though, and also back it up periodically. If you lose that file, for example due to a hard drive crash, your funds are gone!
manov32

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:04:30 PM

Hi everyone! I just put 2mil coins in my wallet and it says "Expected time to earn reward is 465 days". So I need to wait 465 so I can stake some coins? Or I just don't get it Cheesy sorry if the question is stupid, but this is my first staking coin Smiley
almightyruler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:47:40 PM

Hi everyone! I just put 2mil coins in my wallet and it says "Expected time to earn reward is 465 days". So I need to wait 465 so I can stake some coins? Or I just don't get it Cheesy sorry if the question is stupid, but this is my first staking coin Smiley

Does that mean you just withdrew the coins? An output (the proceeds of a transaction) won't be eligible for staking until it's at least 8 hours old. So the 465 day estimate is probably bogus. With 2 million you should stake at least a few times a day, once your 2 million get split up into smaller outputs.
manov32

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:06:57 PM

Does that mean you just withdrew the coins? An output (the proceeds of a transaction) won't be eligible for staking until it's at least 8 hours old. So the 465 day estimate is probably bogus. With 2 million you should stake at least a few times a day, once your 2 million get split up into smaller outputs.

Yes just did! Thank you for the fast response! Yes, actually the days numbers are dropping down, now it says 382 days.
Joker07

Activity: 502
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 09:33:01 AM

what is the max supply of this coin ? And why it doesn't appear in Coinmarket cap ??
thank you

TheKingInYellow

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

Have you found the Yellow Sign?

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:21:14 PM

Let's see where this ends up...  Cool

DAPS Project, anonymizing assets for the world. Controlling your financial sovereignty is your right, join now!
DAPS (Decentralized - Anonymous - Payment - System)
Zero-Knowledge Proofs - Revolutionary Proof-Of-Audit algo - Masternodes - PoSv3 - Worldwide community
wgaca

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:01:36 PM

It already ended
bitcoinbabys

Activity: 208
Merit: 51

I SUPPORT CRYPTO!!! ;^)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:04:45 PM

NEW COMMUNITY DISCORD!! JOIN BELOW WE NEED HELP FROM THE PEOPLE TO GET THIS MOVING AGAIN!! https://discord.gg/UuqNDgm

REVIVE YOUR LIGHT. MANIFEST YOUR DREAMS. REALIZE YOUR WORTH.
Crypto_King31

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:49:27 AM

New Twitter Account Made Please Join by Link Below We Need Help From The People To Make This Move!!!
https://twitter.com/PCNcoin?s=01
almightyruler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:35:38 AM

I've noticed PoS difficulty has been going fairly high lately. PoS generation rate is constant (1440 per day) regardless of how many people are using the coin, so with more people competing it's getting harder to mint one of those PoS blocks. Would there be any interest in a PoS pool?
TheKingInYellow

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:55:41 PM

I've noticed PoS difficulty has been going fairly high lately. PoS generation rate is constant (1440 per day) regardless of how many people are using the coin, so with more people competing it's getting harder to mint one of those PoS blocks. Would there be any interest in a PoS pool?

I've definitely noticed it too. You used to be able to stake regularly with as little at 10 million, now 25 million+ chunks seem to be doing well. Sometimes the PoS difficulty goes even higher, into the mid 100's.

Peepcoin's price hasn't been keeping up with how hard it is to get your hands on a large amount. I'm sure this will change in the near future.

For those who aren't experienced, when difficulty is trending upward the price tends to follow. At this level ~450 million Peepcoin generate roughly 1 million a day (likely less). Around 2,000 DOGE, about 180,000 satoshi per day.

For a similar investment in a comparable coin, about 9000$ worth of Bitbean, you'd be earning 1 sprout every 2 days if you're lucky. Or about 60,000 satoshi equivalent per day.

I'd say the price is about half of what the difficulty entails it should be. Obviously liquidity will make price discovery come into play.

DAPS Project, anonymizing assets for the world. Controlling your financial sovereignty is your right, join now!
Zero-Knowledge Proofs - Revolutionary Proof-Of-Audit algo - Masternodes - PoSv3 - Worldwide community
Joker07

Activity: 502
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 08:23:34 PM

what is pcn ? and tell me what is the max supply ??
TheKingInYellow

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:03:35 AM

i thought u wanted to build the pcns community. why dont you respond to a simple question like "whats the max coin supply?'
cmon homes r u stupid (no offense. just saying) when it comes to dealing w/ ppl?

so u r interested in just getting/mining as many pcn as possible and sell for profit?...
w/o caring about people interests? i thouht this was peep's coin.
maybe u could start selfishcoin or onlyformecoin or imtheonlymightykingandimonlyhereformecoin or imalmightyrulerofmemyselfandionly&noonewillfollowmebcisuck@pplskillscoin or something like that that caters to your self aggrandisement.
just saying. nothing personal bc i dont know you.
maybe u can watch some videos on how to communicate w/ other homosapiens.
gl homes.

ps
wait a minute. why didnt i notice ur name here: "almightyruler?" darn i should ve known. now evrything makes sense.

That's alot of typing when you can just go to the source and read it yourself.

bitcoinbabys

Activity: 208
Merit: 51

I SUPPORT CRYPTO!!! ;^)

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:28:57 AM

Peep coin now listed on new exchange!!! https://tradeogre.com/exchange/BTC-PCN

REVIVE YOUR LIGHT. MANIFEST YOUR DREAMS. REALIZE YOUR WORTH.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: