Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:58:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HarambeCoin (HMBC) Initial Release - #bitsoutforharambe  (Read 3479 times)
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 07:27:11 PM

need more pools

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thaReal (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 03:03:43 AM

need more pools

Well this is definitely an understatement considering the network is at ~400Mhash already. I know that number might not be mind blowing by many standards but I'm amazed how quickly that rose in such a short period. So just maybe a nod to some of the pools out there, might want to give harambecoin a thought  Wink

Anyway, I spent a little time messing with p2pool and I have my fingers crossed that I set it up correctly, but it seems like everything is working at the moment. I know it's not the greatest solution, but I think it should at least be a decent short-term solution for people looking to mine some harambecoins. For anyone considering it that has the capability, running your own p2pool node right now would be extremely helpful so that the network can actually support some legitimate mining. You can find a modified version with code added for the harambecoin network here:

https://github.com/harambe-dev/p2pool

It's set up to (hopefully) work exactly how it would for litecoin - compile the scrypt module and then run: python run_p2pool.py --net harambecoin -a <harambecoin_address>
There are more detailed instructions that are included in the readme. Another thing to note is that the default worker port is 53000.

If you just are looking for a pool to use, you can point your miner at my node:

stratum+tcp://45.63.22.60:53000/

with your address as the username and anything as a password.

Enjoy!!!

xmr_waifu

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 04:23:10 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2016, 04:33:41 AM by xmr_waifu

I've been running 600Mhash most of the day... so far up to 4k HarambeCoin Smiley Bits out!
Golova4lena

Activity: 546
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 06:39:01 AM

I've been running 600Mhash most of the day... so far up to 4k HarambeCoin Smiley Bits out!

Silence Huh Anybody alive here?

███                         
                                   █████                         
                                 ███████                      
                    ███          █████████         ███           
                   █████        ███████████       █████         
                  ███████      █████████████     ███████         
                 ██████████ ███████████████ █████████       
                ██████████ ███ █████████████ ███ █████████       
               ██████████ █████ ███████████ █████ █████████     
              █████████ ████████ █████████ ███████ █████████     
             █████████ ██████████ ███████ ██████████ ████████   
            █████████ ████████████ █████ ████████████ ████████   
           █████████ ██████████████ ███ ██████████████ ████████ 
          █████████ ████████████████ ████████████████ ████████
PEERMOUNTAIN

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
thaReal (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 07:31:59 PM

Silence Huh Anybody alive here?

Don't worry, Harambecoin is alive and well  Wink. Seriously, I do apologize for not being more active posting on the forum and promoting harambecoin in general, but that's because I've been focused on setting up things on the backend and making sure that the network is running/targeting okay which it looks like it has been as far as I can tell.

Also, I feel like p2pool hasn't really been working (or at least has been touch and go) - the repo I posted does work and I have successfully mined blocks with my gpu's pointed at the node I advertised, however, I started hitting issues yesterday where my miners either weren't connecting or weren't getting work properly - it's possible that it has something to do with the fact that the difficulty is so low still because of how new harambecoin is coupled with the fact that I probably set the share time too low for p2pool which might be causing shares having a way too low calculated difficulty to generate sufficient work.. Anyway, I'll probably attempt to update that although I think I may just put together a standard MPOS backed pool - looking forward I feel like as soon as people take notice and the hashrate spikes again solo mining for most of us becomes virtually impossible so I've been looking into that.

Over the next week or so I think you should see a lot more going on so for everyone running harambecoin, hang in there a little longer.
houvan92

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 07:49:42 PM

I've mining this coin. Will wait for exchange. Good luck for your project

▄▀▀▀▄
             █     █
▄█▀▀▄▄       █     █       ▄▄▀▀█▄
█     ▀▄▄    █     █    ▄▄▀     █
 █▄      ▀▄▄ █     █ ▄▄▀      ▄█
   ▀▄       ▀█▄   ▄█▀       ▄▀
     ▀▀▄     █ ▀▄▀ █     ▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄  █▄▀ ▀▄█  ▄▀▀
           ███     ███
        ▄▄▀  █▀▄ ▄▀█  ▀▄▄
     ▄▄▀     █ ▄▀▄ █     ▀▄▄
   ▄▀       ▄█▀   ▀█▄       ▀▄
 █▀      ▄▀▀ █     █ ▀▀▄      ▀█
█     ▄▀▀    █     █    ▀▀▄     █
▀█▄▄▀▀       █     █       ▀▀▄▄█▀
             █     █
              ▀▄▄▄▀

▄████████████▄▄████████████████████▄██▄███████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████████████▄██████████████████▀████▄████████████████
████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀████▄████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▀███████████████
▀████████████▀▀███▀███████████████████████████▀█████████████
thaReal (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 01:07:42 AM

Okay so a couple pretty big updates that I want to announce. First of all the biggest issue was with mining/lack of pools. I had a p2pool node running with limited success so for now I no longer have it running. I do intend to update at least the subsidy function in my fork of the p2pool repo  if anyone is interested in running it down the road, can be found here: https://github.com/harambe-dev/p2pool

That aside, I have an actual pool setup for what I assume to be the vast majority of people that are trying to mine. The pool is www.harambepool.com and there's no need to sign up, just set the username of your miner to your harambecoin address and use any password. Vardiff port is 4444, or stratum+tcp://harambepool.com:4444
Let me know if anyone has any issues, although I've been testing it for a few days now with none to speak of. Also you can view the getting started page as there are a few additional ports configured for static difficulties.

Next, we have member bitsOut joining the team - he's been working on getting the harambecoin website up and running and will be handling social media and some of the announcements so expect to start seeing more on the communication front. For now, he'll be receiving 10k of the 100k HMBC Bounties - I'll post details of the Bounty Account address and details of the transaction once everything is done. Just a reminder that we're still looking for members to be a part of the team or even just the community so come and get involved anyway you can!

As a final smaller note, now that things are up and moving I finally have time to start reworking the code so expect more updates and a new version with an osx binary coming out in the near future.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 04:03:32 AM

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
EnacDomains

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2016, 04:10:00 AM

when is the release date?

http://eNAC.com -Buy and sell domain names with Bitcoin
thaReal (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 12:54:25 PM

Already released when this thread was started. You can grab the wallet/source from the initial post.

@DecentralizeEconomics  Cheesy
docker

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 01:19:57 PM

I don't know who is more scary between the two mates...
overseer470

Activity: 162

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 01:23:01 PM

Already released when this thread was started. You can grab the wallet/source from the initial post.

@DecentralizeEconomics  Cheesy

why didn't you post a link to this thread in your pre-ann thread? why didn't you update your github? it looks like you don't really give a hoot about your project at all. i was following your pre-ann thread for about a month and i just found out a few days ago about the release of the coin. i kept my eyes on that thread and the github page. this is really a lost opportunity, your pretty much wasted the "harambecoin" with a poorly-made project
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 01:26:40 PM

can someone post nodes?
overseer470

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 02:09:16 PM

addnode=185.122.58.10
addnode=45.63.22.60

works for me
thaReal (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 02:16:24 AM

Ha! Listen, Harambe isn't scary, he was just misunderstood. He's was all about just hanging out in his enclosure, relaxing, maybe tossing around a kid if he hopped in, whatever. If you ask me, I would want to be that kid - That sounds like the ultimate zoo experience. I honestly can't remember one interesting event from one time I've been to a zoo in my life, that kid's gonna get to tell his first grade class in like a year about how he went to the zoo and kicked it like bro's with harambe.

Spreading some awareness  Wink

#bitsoutforharambe
dianikusuma

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 03:22:10 AM

Any bounty dev??? translation, social media campaign or signature campaign?
inlovewith

Activity: 257
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 03:27:06 AM

No logo?
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 04:13:23 AM

Ha! Listen, Harambe isn't scary, he was just misunderstood. He's was all about just hanging out in his enclosure, relaxing, maybe tossing around a kid if he hopped in, whatever.

Harambe was a gorilla of peace.

It's obvious the parents didn't want that kid, so Harambe stepped up to the plate and took him in like the gentle, peaceful creature that he was.  In my opinion, they should have shot the parents.  Why wasn't there at least a custody battle?

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
overseer470

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 06:04:38 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2016, 11:38:49 PM by overseer470

Ha! Listen, Harambe isn't scary, he was just misunderstood. He's was all about just hanging out in his enclosure, relaxing, maybe tossing around a kid if he hopped in, whatever. If you ask me, I would want to be that kid - That sounds like the ultimate zoo experience. I honestly can't remember one interesting event from one time I've been to a zoo in my life, that kid's gonna get to tell his first grade class in like a year about how he went to the zoo and kicked it like bro's with harambe.

Spreading some awareness  Wink

#bitsoutforharambe

have you even read the posts in this thread? could you post some nodes for the people here instead of spewing memes without even mentioning how you'd also like to be the kid shrek visited while he was in bed? do you even give a damn?
thaReal (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 04:10:08 PM

have you even read the posts in this thread? could you post some nodes for the people here instead of spewing memes without even mentioning how you'd also like to be the kid shrek visited while he was in bed? do you even give a damn?

FYI, for now the two nodes YOU gave:

addnode=185.122.58.10
addnode=45.63.22.60

should work and are the only two that I can pretty much guarantee will be running for now since I control them. I plan to add another seed node server which I'll bundle into the next release that will hopefully be ready by the end of the weekend with a few other fixes I've been working on. @lootz - if those aren't working, let me know what general area you're located in as that may shed some light into whether or not other people will have issues, although for the  most part it seems like people are able to connect with those.

as for "you'd also like to be the kid shrek visited while he was in bed? do you even give a damn?" - what???

No logo?

Well I'm not an artist so maybe a harambe logo contest is in order... Although I did create an initial logo that's being used in the client now. Truthfully, I just completely forgot to post it.

Any bounty dev??? translation, social media campaign or signature campaign?

So yes and no - There's definitely bounties available but I'd like to reserve a good amount of it for hopefully some contributions to coding and developing/improving the network. For now, there are 100k HMBC designated to be used as bounties with 10k of that set aside already for the creation of the website and eventually social media accounts. For the time being, I'm open to suggestions for smaller bounties for things like a logo redesign. As far as translations are concerned, maybe someone can shed some light on what effort that actually consists of? I'd seriously like to know because I feel like google translate would get pretty close and take literally no effort at all.

As for a social media campaign, maybe down the road but not right now and honestly I have no idea what a signature campaign even is.

Harambe was a gorilla of peace.

It's obvious the parents didn't want that kid, so Harambe stepped up to the plate and took him in like the gentle, peaceful creature that he was.  In my opinion, they should have shot the parents.  Why wasn't there at least a custody battle?

Cheesy - thank you for restoring my faith that some people may get some enjoyment out of this effort

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: