Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:35:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How many people around the world use Bitcoin?
< 2 Million - 45 (35.4%)
2 to 5 Million - 34 (26.8%)
5 to 15 Million - 27 (21.3%)
15 to 20 Million - 9 (7.1%)
20 to 30 Million - 2 (1.6%)
> 30 Million - 8 (6.3%)
IDK, I worship the god of Ethereum - 0 (0%)
What's Bitcoin? - 2 (1.6%)
Total Voters: 127

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Many Millions of People Use Bitcoin?  (Read 11836 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mastsetad

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 04:15:03 PM

i think no one know the fixed number of bitcoin users, may be the administrators know about that.

Even the administrators does not know about that, administrators only can know about bitcoin users of this forum but not of all the world which are not possible to be counted as there aren't any certain thing which every bitcoin users use, all of them use wallets but again not everyone use one.
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 05:33:48 PM

I think it will be less than 2 million people who use bitcoin.Bitcoin is in its earlier stage only.It will take 5 to 10 years for bitcoin to reach 25 percent of world population. At that time, most of companies would start to accept bitcoin as payment.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 05:35:34 PM

I believe at my place there are only 0.5 % of main population that using bitcoin because my goverment still not accept bitcoin usage
That's a bad fact ! If my goverment accept bitcoin usage, it will affect into bitcoin value on the future
anaderwan

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 04:26:43 PM

the total population is around 1 or 2 % of the total population, This is a very positive opinion but I guess the number can very likely around that specially when you consider how many big markets are currently in place in china and india which have a very big portion of the world population.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 04:35:51 PM

the total population is around 1 or 2 % of the total population, This is a very positive opinion but I guess the number can very likely around that specially when you consider how many big markets are currently in place in china and india which have a very big portion of the world population.
We can not predict exactly how many people are using bitcoins since we are almost anonymous here and we dont know each other..
But in my speculation we are 8% of population using bitcoin in the world. .

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 1161

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 04:39:28 PM

We can not predict exactly how many people are using bitcoins since we are almost anonymous here and we dont know each other..

Also The fact is that new users and even old vets have downloaded a software wallet and had the PC crash at some point and they had not backed up the keys or wallets. So we cant count exactly.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 04:55:49 PM

Also The fact is that new users and even old vets have downloaded a software wallet and had the PC crash at some point and they had not backed up the keys or wallets. So we cant count exactly.
Yeah i think 10% or more are orgot their wallet. and manypeople are using multiple wallet so there is no other way to know the exact amount thats why almost opinion here are just estimation.

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
krishna1

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 04:59:35 PM

i think there are 2-5million users involved in bitcoin and this is actully to low because even a phone has much more popularity than this but we can atleast say we have no dumpmided users every bitcoiner is inteligent enough to understand the technology

requester

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 06:16:29 PM

it's quite impossible to figure out the exact number of people using bitcoin because 1 guy usage many wallet and also 1 wallet have 100s of address so there is no scope of finding the real number of people using bitcoin. what we can do is we can take a survey and ask each person whether they use bitcoin. although this is not going to happen in reality because it would cost huge amount and there no use of doing this. bit still we can guess that bar about 2 million people usage bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2016, 04:54:23 AM

it's quite impossible to figure out the exact number of people using bitcoin because 1 guy usage many wallet and also 1 wallet have 100s of address so there is no scope of finding the real number of people using bitcoin. what we can do is we can take a survey and ask each person whether they use bitcoin. although this is not going to happen in reality because it would cost huge amount and there no use of doing this. bit still we can guess that bar about 2 million people usage bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies

A good place to start would be the exchanges and the online wallet sites.  I tried this once for just one site and it is near impossible.  You can only give the estimate and no exact value.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 06:19:11 AM

I do not think that the number of bitcoin users is big.
I would really be surprised if there are more than 5 million people out there who use it.
Bitcointalk.org has 890254 members (says the members section). I'm sure that there are many alt accounts included, but let's say 500000 people use this board.
When you start with bitcoin it's very likely that you open an account here.
If only 10% of all people who started with bitcoins has an account here, we would reach the 5 million users.
If the percentage is higher, the number of bitcoin users would drop.

What do you think about my theory how to calcultae the number of bitcoin users??

It's me!!!
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1134

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 08:42:02 AM

A good place to start would be the exchanges and the online wallet sites.  I tried this once for just one site and it is near impossible.  You can only give the estimate and no exact value.

It would be very  impossible to calculate on how many  bitcoin users as of today. Even  if you do surveys  it would   need time and  money and  still be useless and  even  you  start  into exchanges  and  online wallet, its still useless. and  how  you gonna  count those  people do  have desktop wallets and  hard drive and  paper wallet? Its too impossible  to count off.

arseaboy

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 09:30:44 AM

thats right estimate can be possibly done figure change and we cant say if the wallet belongs to anybody
so it cant really count exactly.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 01:50:00 PM

There are 7 billions people in the whole world and I think the number of users that uses Bitcoin is just 1 million or even less.
- Half of the people doesn't want to know about Bitcoin.
- A lot of people thinks Bitcoin is a scam
- Some people just don't care about it
- Some don't even have a phone, or a computer
- People in the provinces have very limited access of the Internet (in my country, at least)
- People who isn't capable of learning such thing
- People who don't need to grind at all because they've been rich ever since.
- A lot of people are too young or too old for it.
- Uneducated people

There's a lot of percentage to subtract from that 7 billion people. A lot of people as of today are computer literate but only few of them uses Bitcoin.

satdas

Activity: 281

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 02:01:17 PM

to me i think not more that 2 million people will be using bitcoin but it is also a fact that the user of bitcoin are increasing day by day and i am hopeful that a time will come when the users of bitcoin will be increase too much.
posternat

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 04:06:02 AM

Assuming a site like YoBit uses a hierarchical system for addresses I tried to trace just one address back and, at least for me, it was not anywhere near doable.  But, if you want even a clue, I think that is the approach
chixka000

Activity: 910

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 04:14:44 AM

Assuming a site like YoBit uses a hierarchical system for addresses I tried to trace just one address back and, at least for me, it was not anywhere near doable.  But, if you want even a clue, I think that is the approach

Your strategy is quite good but the credential of that one is really low because as we all know a one bitcoin user is averaging  of having atleast two wallets so if we also assume that one we atleast try to divide it by 2
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 04:23:10 AM

I selected 2 to 5 million since at least already 3 billion people heard of bitcoin once and half of them more than once again half of them did some research 750 M so far and half of them kept track of news about bitcoin for a while then at last 10% of 375 M got involved with it some how.
Though I could be totally wrong.

🖤😏
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 1161

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 03:01:51 PM

A new user that is just starting and finds out they have to download the blockchain for a software wallet they just got usually balks and hits an online wallet, usually from blockchain.info.
Very difficult to measure,  i guess.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
2girls

Activity: 1002
Merit: 254

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 03:03:37 PM

i think no one know the fixed number of bitcoin users, may be the administrators know about that.

Even the administrators does not know about that, administrators only can know about bitcoin users of this forum but not of all the world which are not possible to be counted as there aren't any certain thing which every bitcoin users use, all of them use wallets but again not everyone use one.

Maybe they have, buried on the site, a public report showing things like market cap and that same report may have a little of what you are looking for.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: