Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:47:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Somebody is trying to steal batch 1 Avalon shippments from DHL!  (Read 12504 times)
cosurgi

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 08:43:35 PM

So, the track number is part of your privacy. Never post it publicly.

I didn't post my tracking number.  But I did post that I have a tracking number and sgravina is my real name.

I wouldn't have even been be talking about my shipment on this forum if Yufi would have answered any of my questions.  He still hasn't acknowledge that my unit has been built or shipped.

If he didn't inform you that your unit has been shipped, then how did you receive the tracking number???

EDIT: this is serious, if people don't get their tracking numbers then anything could happen to the packages!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sgravina (OP)

Activity: 451

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 09:07:16 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2013, 09:27:41 PM by sgravina

So, the track number is part of your privacy. Never post it publicly.

I didn't post my tracking number.  But I did post that I have a tracking number and sgravina is my real name.

I wouldn't have even been be talking about my shipment on this forum if Yufi would have answered any of my questions.  He still hasn't acknowledge that my unit has been built or shipped.

If he didn't inform you that your unit has been shipped, then how did you receive the tracking number???

EDIT: this is serious, if people don't get their tracking numbers then anything could happen to the packages!

I called DHL, gave them my name and zip code and they gave me the tracking number.  I assume the thief did the same.

Calling DHL was necessary because this is a valuable package and I needed to know when it would arrive.  I did this every day from when Yufi said 90% of batch 1 had shipped to when I finally got a tracking number (about 2 weeks).  Avalon should have given me the tracking number but they do not give out tracking numbers.

I was so excited to have a tracking number I told the forum so that others waiting might have hope.  That is probably when the thief got his diabolical idea.
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 09:12:38 PM

I called DHL, gave them my name and zip code and they gave me the tracking number.  I assume the thief did the same.

Calling DHL was necessary because this is a valuable package and I needed to know when it would arrive.  I did this every day from when Yufi said 90% of batch 1 had shipped to when I finally got a trakcing number (about 2 weeks).  Avalon should have given me the tracking number but they do not give out tracking numbers.

I was so excited to have a tracking number I told the forum so that others waiting might have hope.  That is probably when the thief got his diabolical idea.

Thanks for reporting this to the police. I hope the wanna-be-thief gets proper reward. I do not understand why Avalon would not send out tracking numbers. If someone knows BitSyncom / Yifu, please attract his attention to this incident.
regular

Activity: 297

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 09:17:13 PM

DHL should have a policy like with UPS or Fedex.  They won't redirect or change address until the first attempt is made.
cosurgi

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 09:24:07 PM

omg, so it means that anybody who can find on internet your real name and address can call DHL and redirect the package.

question is - will the redirection work also across the countries? For example original owner is in Bulgaria and somebody calls DHL and changes shipping address to Argentina?

If no - then people in smaller countries might feel safer...

Yifu, you have to fix that!!

Aseras

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 09:27:41 PM

DHL should have a policy like with UPS or Fedex.  They won't redirect or change address until the first attempt is made.

which makes it even more interesting how the redirect was done.

Sam you should contact your state attorney general, that may get more things done for you than a police report.

/ wasn't ThiagoCMC drama with rudrigorc2 one of the addresses in missouri?
BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 09:28:19 PM

omg, so it means that anybody who can find on internet your real name and address can call DHL and redirect the package.

question is - will the redirection work also across the countries? For example original owner is in Bulgaria and somebody calls DHL and changes shipping address to Argentina?

I fail to see how this is my problem. this has everything to do with DHL. Also there are people on this forum who have yet to receive their units, this is correct. I am not blind, but there isn't anything I can do because I have not gotten a response back for these packages, I can only assume they are on the way. however instead of waiting it out like I suggested in newsletters because units have been shipped, aside from those with problem addresses, which once returned to us, will be corrected and sent out again ( you'll get a email for this, as many others have. )

few people however, like OP can not wait and are impatient, then something like this happens.

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 09:33:36 PM

What you can do is to give out tracking info. Will you do that for batch 2? Or you will enjoy us going mad for this investment?

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Aseras

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 09:34:28 PM

I fail to see how this is my problem. this has everything to do with DHL. Also there are people on this forum who have yet to receive their units, this is correct. I am not blind, but there isn't anything I can do because I have not gotten a response back for these packages, I can only assume they are on the way. however instead of waiting it out like I suggested in newsletters because units have been shipped, aside from those with problem addresses, which once returned to us, will be corrected and sent out again ( you'll get a email for this, as many others have. )

few people however, like OP can not wait and are impatient, then something like this happens.

Of course if you gave out the tracking info LIKE YOU PROMISED people wouldn't be jumping all over demanding it and things like this wouldn't happen either.
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 09:34:58 PM

What is the issue with informing customer about tracking number ? In fact, if OP did not get the tracking number and someone else did, this would happen unknowingly! Is it too much work to send a simple email with tracking number - or even update on the account (which is probably the best) ?
sgravina (OP)

Activity: 451

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 09:35:30 PM

I fail to see how this is my problem. this has everything to do with DHL. Also there are people on this forum who have yet to receive their units, this is correct. I am not blind, but I'm also at lost of what is going on to those I have not gotten a response back for. however instead of waiting it out like I suggested in newsletters because units have been shipped, aside from those with problem addresses, which once returned to us, will be corrected and sent out again ( you'll get a email for this, as many others have. )

Yufi, you shipped me an Avalon yet have never, ever responded to my email, support ticket or personal message.  You never told me that you shipped the computer.  As far as I can tell you haven't told anyone about their shipment.  They just show up.  That is not safe.  When I receive a magic money making machine in the mail I like to be there to sign for it so I don't lose anytime turning it on.

cosurgi

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 09:36:32 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2013, 09:57:26 PM by cosurgi

If you don't give the tracking number, then everybody MUST daily call DHL and ask if they have any package being shipped to their address, and ask them for the tracking number. If people don't do this, then somebody else will call DHL and change the shipping address.

If you send tracking numbers to people, then they do not need to call DHL each day, but simply keep monitoring the package via internet, and take action only if the destinantion address was changed by a thief.

So this is your problem. Yifu, you must give people tracking numbers, or some random units will get stolen, because not everybody has the nerve to call DHL daily.

see my point now?

Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 09:41:55 PM

Well the good news is we now have an address to investigate.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Aseras

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 09:45:40 PM

Well the good news is we now have an address to investigate.

No, now it's a big can of worms.

Now that one idiot has tried and partly succeeded, there's going to be 100 or more try and redirect the next shipment announcement. All it takes is one "bad guy" to have a friend in DHL to take a tiny bribe of like 1 weeks worth of btc and they can redirect the whole lot of avalons.

There's enough information out now that everyone knows how they are declare and who the transfer agent is. becuase bitsyncom couldnt be bothered to give people the tracking numbers so they all posted enough info online trying to help that enabled this to happen.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 09:47:11 PM

You see his point of view? Its our fault.
We cannot wait for the divine gift they are giving us and so we don't deserve it.

When I will not receive my units I will complain and it will be my fault.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Aseras

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 09:49:18 PM

tell ya what. you promise to make any delayed or lost or stolen avalon owners whole, cover their lost mining profits and we wont bother you anymore.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 10:21:03 PM

No need to panic, no need to be anxious, but tracking numbers provided at shipment will make everybody safer and will reduce the noise. There should be a way of getting that.

myrond

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 10:46:05 PM

Batch 1 is still shipping? was under impression all batch 1 customers had received units -aside from your atypical delay/problems.

I wish, no tracking # or delivery for me.  (batch #1 customer).  I don't think mine has even left HK.  I know I'm not the only one either.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 11:00:03 PM

Not the best sentence. If he wouldnt have been impatient the avalon would simply have been stolen. And when you give the package to the post you get the tracking number in this moment. If the trackingid didnt arrive then i only can think of that an employee didnt collect it carefully to give it to you.

I saw all the complaints about machines that didnt arrive... and now i really wonder now if the same thing happened more often.

Its really strange that "someone" can change the address. I believe showing the id is needed for such service. So was it an average joe or even an employee at the post? I mean its easy to check packages coming from an address for sure. And when you have the access to their computers... man... the world is full of slimy ash... that try to scam others in every possible way.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 11:23:36 PM

Seriously, Call the cops, Get this guy arrested for a federal crime, the guy is more than likely to be doing more than just this as far as illegal actions go

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: