Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:24:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Somebody is trying to steal batch 1 Avalon shippments from DHL!  (Read 12504 times)
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 11:27:05 PM

That's messed up. Hopefully there are tracking numbers in batch 2/3. I don't want to have to worry about the Avalons getting here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 11:51:46 PM

I just talked with DHL.  Somebody called them and changed the address of my shipment to:

1826 West Pearce Boulevard
Wentzvill MO 63385

Because I caught this in time the package will be delivered to me.

The reason I figured this out is that when I looked at the tracking web site the last two entries were:

11 Recipient moved BOSTON, MA - USA  07:52   
10 Arrived at Delivery Facility in BOSTON - USA BOSTON, MA - USA  05:54 

Quite strange...

So, how DHL changed the address back to you? What they required to confirm that you are the original receiver and not the person which changed the address?
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 11:53:11 PM

I just talked with DHL.  Somebody called them and changed the address of my shipment to:

1826 West Pearce Boulevard
Wentzvill MO 63385

Because I caught this in time the package will be delivered to me.

The reason I figured this out is that when I looked at the tracking web site the last two entries were:

11 Recipient moved BOSTON, MA - USA  07:52   
10 Arrived at Delivery Facility in BOSTON - USA BOSTON, MA - USA  05:54 

Quite strange...

So, how DHL changed the address back to you? What they required to confirm that you are the original receiver and not the person which changed the address?
This is a good point... What the hell stops the guy from changing the address Again

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Fullsurface

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 12:03:47 AM

Yifu, you have to fix that!!
[/quote]

I fail to see how this is my problem. this has everything to do with DHL. Also there are people on this forum who have yet to receive their units, this is correct. I am not blind, but there isn't anything I can do because I have not gotten a response back for these packages, I can only assume they are on the way. however instead of waiting it out like I suggested in newsletters because units have been shipped, aside from those with problem addresses, which once returned to us, will be corrected and sent out again ( you'll get a email for this, as many others have. )

few people however, like OP can not wait and are impatient, then something like this happens.

Yifu a question what will be the time frame that you will say yes let me go check on the units that have not been received or that i  haven't gotten a response back on 1 Month  2 months or 6 months
( in short when wil you start a investigation on why your products are not on route because customers can't investigate without tracking numbers there 4 kinda making it your problem as seller)
sgravina (OP)

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 12:20:36 AM

I showed them my drivers license which has the original shipping address on it and my picture.
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 12:23:36 AM

I showed them my drivers license which has the original shipping address on it and my picture.

So you just got to a DHL office and then presented your ID.

What did they said regarding the change of address? What information you precisely learned about this?
Entropy-uc

Merit: 501

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 12:45:49 AM

I can't understand why anyone thinks this is Yifu's problem.

Someone posts enough information here to be social engineered at DHL - definitely not Yifu's fault.

Then you're foolish enough to announce it here so that the thief won't show up for pickup at the bar they rerouted it to.  Why didn't you get DHL security to ship an empty box and have the cops waiting for whoever claimed it?
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 12:46:07 AM

Some excerpts from a quick research to understand how it is possible to change the delivery address:

https://www.facebook.com/Fedex/posts/531831740195113

Meanwhile, I, have travelled to Lumby, B.C. (about 40 miles north of Westbank) to see my daughters & welcome the birth of my 1st Great Grandson. I am in Lumby, & planning to leave about the same time the “parcel” is going to be released from customs. I advised DHL of the change of address, to Westbank, & was told, by a DHL service rep, in the east, this would not be a problem…this took place on Tues. Feb, 26 /13.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/dhl-express-international-c292353.html

(...) In addition, if I had to arrange for it to be delivered to my workplace instead (since I would not be free on Tuesday night to receive the item), I had to fax a request to DHL requesting a change of delivery address. I have no fax machine and have to look for someone with one. On top of that, they could not guarantee the delivery by Tuesday with the change in address.

(...)

I called DHL Wednesday morning after I managed to get access to a fax machine (since the representative serving me yesterday said I had to fax in a request for change in delivery address). The representative I spoke to this morning now told me that I could have emailed a request for change in delivery address, something that the DHL representative whom I spoke to yesterday neglected to mention to me.

http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=225055

Hello,

Our company has been the victim of credit card fraud. We sent a delivery to a certain company delivery address to Ireland, recipient changed the delivery address to a completely different home address of which we had knowledge.

DHL refuses to accept any responsibility, however we paid them to deliver to a certain company address, in stead they delivered to a very dodgy home address. We did not authorise this change of address nor were we informed of this at any stage. After an interview with the driver, the real delivery address has come to light.

Can anybody shed some light whether DHL should have delivered to the different delivery address although we did not authorise this? (it is our fulfillment's house DHL account)

Best,

Venka

(...)

Whenever our customers have tried that, DHL have always told them that only we - as the account holder - can change the delivery address.

So looks like something rather untoward has happened in your case.

James
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 12:56:26 AM

Well the good news is we now have an address to investigate.

I'm not sure of DHL delivery and hand-over policies are, but it's possible if this was an attempted theft, that the address was just one the thief figured he could pick the package up, knowing where it would be delivered and the time by tracking the shipment online.
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 12:57:50 AM

Someone posts enough information here to be social engineered at DHL - definitely not Yifu's fault.

Then you're foolish enough to announce it here so that the thief won't show up for pickup at the bar they rerouted it to.  Why didn't you get DHL security to ship an empty box and have the cops waiting for whoever claimed it?

This is not Yifu's problem, it is problem for his business. If BiySyncom did not provide shipment tracking, and something bad happens, they are 100% responsible. Go read any online business clause. Ever dealt with Ebay or Amazon or any other online retailer ?

I do not understand on the other hand, why you are unable to understand this.
Aseras

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 02:05:25 AM

Then you're foolish enough to announce it here so that the thief won't show up for pickup at the bar they rerouted it to.  Why didn't you get DHL security to ship an empty box and have the cops waiting for whoever claimed it?

This is not Yifu's problem, it is problem for his business. If BiySyncom did not provide shipment tracking, and something bad happens, they are 100% responsible. Go read any online business clause. Ever dealt with Ebay or Amazon or any other online retailer ?

I do not understand on the other hand, why you are unable to understand this.

Yes except Yifu will only replace the avalon, perhaps when they get around to it in a few weeks. Maybe. If he feels like it. If he ever acknowledges your email or support ticket. In that time you lost 1-2 avalons worth of mining value.

There's not much you can buy on ebay that could pay for itself in one day to one week.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 02:18:47 AM

No need to panic, no need to be anxious, but tracking numbers provided at shipment will make everybody safer and will reduce the noise. There should be a way of getting that.

A good friend that I admire says that breakdowns are business opportunities.  There is a problem shipping.  I have students who are majoring in business and are from mainland China.  I don't know why they took Chemistry.  Anyway...Hmm.

If you are unhappy, fix the problem for everybody.  If you are not willing to fix part of the problem, shrug.

I try to be respectful and informed.
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 02:21:18 AM

Then you're foolish enough to announce it here so that the thief won't show up for pickup at the bar they rerouted it to.  Why didn't you get DHL security to ship an empty box and have the cops waiting for whoever claimed it?

After the shooting, I learned how detectives think.  Few people here think that way.  It is not natural to us.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 03:10:52 AM

few people however, like OP can not wait and are impatient, then something like this happens.

Not the best sentence. If he wouldnt have been impatient the avalon would simply have been stolen. And when you give the package to the post you get the tracking number in this moment. If the trackingid didnt arrive then i only can think of that an employee didnt collect it carefully to give it to you.

Unfortuanately, Bitsyncom used a forwarding service to save money on shipping. It is this random forwarder that actually ships them with DHL. Bitsyncom chose a forwarder that won't provide him with the tracking numbers, so he can't provide them to his customers.

Bitsyncom, stop using that forwarding service!

Buy & Hold
Entropy-uc

Merit: 501

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 03:12:27 AM

After the shooting, I learned how detectives think.  Few people here think that way.  It is not natural to us.

Who did you shoot?  Grin
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 03:39:41 AM

Who did you shoot?  Grin

I started with lawyers and bankers....

No wait.  That was a dream.

My daughter's boyfriend shot us.  The EMS team was all concerned that "he's mottled."  Which my vet. friends say is a sign that circulation has stopped.  I woke up in the ICU with the detective asking to get a statement before I died. 

But detectives basically build paperwork.  The remember everything, they give away nothing.  They don't stop crime, they document it's progress well enough to survive a courtroom battle.  I would know not to let the thief know that I knew that he existed.

shibaji

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 03:52:20 AM

You really are a troll.

Ever tried to deal with Amazon when something goes wrong?  I have.  It is a complete nightmare.

Yes, many times - never had a problem. So you resort to calling names whenever cornered ? No wonder things did not go well with you and Amazon.
A Meteorite

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 04:01:26 AM

You really are a troll.

Ever tried to deal with Amazon when something goes wrong?  I have.  It is a complete nightmare.

Yes, many times - never had a problem. So you resort to calling names whenever cornered ? No wonder things did not go well with you and Amazon.
This. Amazon goes to great lengths if I have a shipping problem. Sure, I do pay for Prime, but if I paid the equivalent of near $7000 for a product that used to be <$2000, I wouldn't expect any shipping problems. Getting a tracking number is practically a given at any price point anyways (and would avoid any problems to begin with).

BitSyncom, as a customer who ordered in batch 3, I hope you dearly consider giving out tracking numbers. It can help prevent things like this happening. We also will know when it's coming so we can sign for it and keep us from having to call DHL daily (which is hit and miss anyways!). This is the least we could ask of you. I get tracking numbers when I get $10 items, so I don't think this is too much to ask. This is an expensive device which, if lost, will mean that ROI becomes impossible at that point by the time it is eventually replaced - which, if I recall, being able to make a reasonable ROI was behind your pricing strategy.

BTC: 1MeTeorfxZNsY6gJDBtrF8JA8KEv6SKGUmLTC: Lejxgou6hUkjupF6RoruxJGG9AQ7t3ovYt
shibaji

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 04:42:08 AM

You really are a troll.

Ever tried to deal with Amazon when something goes wrong?  I have.  It is a complete nightmare.

So you expect better service from 3 guys with the hottest product in Bitcoin than a company with armies of customer service reps.  That is what I call trolling.  Go buy from BFL and see what you get.

If you are on here shouting about having 10- boxes running in your garage netting $5k a day in Bitcoin, and leave enough of a trail that someone finds you in real life and steals them, is that Yifu's fault?  There is no difference between that and broadcasting to the whole internet that you just confirmed that DHL has your gear.

I to have Amazon prime, and have a 5 figure spend with them from last years records.  It is still impossible to get a response from them on the phone or by email when I have problems (which is blessedly rare).

That is very strange, since I too have prime, and using Amazon happily for years (so are many many of my friends). I have not claimed ever to get better service from BitSyncom in compared to Amazon (it is not possible) - why are you putting words in my mouth ? I merely expect the tracking number to be sent to the customer - how is that too much to expect ?

Are you in any way compensated by BitSyncom to blindly defend them ? Just curious, as your adamant and screwed up logic is hard to comprehend.

I have full appreciation for BitSyncom about what they have done - but if they do bad business, then as a customer I certainly have right to complain. If you do not realize the issue here, move on.  

I am done replying to you.
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:01:02 AM

Avalon, you guys are doing a great thing. Why not be more customer friendly while at it? No harm in giving a tracking number..

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: