Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 03:06:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use a bot for trading?  (Read 17821 times)
dhampir-D

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 02:29:20 PM

My friends always use bot for trading, he said that it it easier to control and easier to make the trade, but i myself never use any bot, i feel more satisfied by trading myself and i feel i can learn more things by doing trading myself
You may saw a number of people after involving in crypto currency start trading thinking that it is an easy way to earn money even the do not have any knowledge about trade. So only these people often depend on bots for trade because for them because they are unable to do trade manually and they find working with bot easier while professional know well about how to trade so they do not depend on these bots for to start the trade.
I think using this method may be profitable for some time, but I've seen reports that over time, earnings decrease because the market does not follow the same pattern for a long time. Prices are always changing, and this will depend on different events, which bots are not able to identify and analyze to make the right decision.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1052

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 02:58:43 PM

My friends always use bot for trading, he said that it it easier to control and easier to make the trade, but i myself never use any bot, i feel more satisfied by trading myself and i feel i can learn more things by doing trading myself
You may saw a number of people after involving in crypto currency start trading thinking that it is an easy way to earn money even the do not have any knowledge about trade. So only these people often depend on bots for trade because for them because they are unable to do trade manually and they find working with bot easier while professional know well about how to trade so they do not depend on these bots for to start the trade.
I think using this method may be profitable for some time, but I've seen reports that over time, earnings decrease because the market does not follow the same pattern for a long time. Prices are always changing, and this will depend on different events, which bots are not able to identify and analyze to make the right decision.

which bot are you using? kinda interested to know which bot works for you.
i saw an ad about gunbot, i'm not sure whether its for real that they could actually use it to earn big in crypto but who knows.  if anyone can give us a type of bot they use and which exchange it can be use?

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                                 
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████
   ██████████████████    █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌      ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████
|
  Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income
         Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!   
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 03:50:25 PM

Long time ago I downloaded a Python bot from Github, but I found it is difficult to configurate that bot. So I had to give it up. I always use my hand trading, which is more smart and accurate judgement by my smart brain, but slower than bot trading. I adapt trading without bot.
It is not advisable to use generic bots or even a paid one you do not understand its algorithm or mode of operation, because not understanding it is usually the grand recipe for the bot disappointing a trader. If possible one should build their own bots or make concerted effort to understand the working procedures of one before surrendering one's hard earned coins to them.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 04:27:35 PM

Long time ago I downloaded a Python bot from Github, but I found it is difficult to configurate that bot. So I had to give it up. I always use my hand trading, which is more smart and accurate judgement by my smart brain, but slower than bot trading. I adapt trading without bot.

a bot on github means it was open source, and in my experience the open source bots are not that good to begin with, mostly because those that i checked a while back that i was searching for bots were all bad with minimal features.

and besides these bots are good if you know the programming language yourself and want to start your own bot, you can start these to have some starting ground.

There is a FOMO brewing...
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 05:14:49 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2017, 08:55:29 PM by deisik

I think its not allowed using bots in any trading site, its like illegal if you use this one.

LOL  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

How many bots did you write yourself?

I guess none, since otherwise you would know that many exchanges are not allowing above certain number of authenticated connections per second (or per minute). And this is not with just Bitcoin exchanges, many other "real life" exchanges are doing basically the same, i.e. limiting or heavily constraining the possibility of using, for example, HFT bots (whether they are good or evil is another question). Moreover, most api's that I've seen are synchronous. The latter basically means that you can't send an authenticated request until your previous one gets processed

Sampey
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1040

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 05:26:03 PM

I think its not allowed using bots in any trading site, its like illegal if you use this one.

I guess none, since otherwise you would know that many exchanges are not allowing above certain number of authenticated connections per second (or per minute). And this is not with just Bitcoin exchanges, many other "real life" exchanges are doing basically the same, i.e. limiting or heavily constraining the possibility if using, for example, HFT bots (whether they are good or evil is another question). Moreover, most api's that I've seen are synchronous. the latter basically means that you can't send an authenticated request until your previous one gets processed

You guess wrong, very wrong  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
This is my Bot : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=507103.0
A well known bot of course.

exchanges are not allowing above certain number of authenticated connections per second (or per minute)

True, but we are talking about 1 call/second or much more.
Limits are clearly written in API Reference on any exchange.
That doesn't means exchanges doesn't allows bot, they only wants to avoid too much calls that will results in a similar DDOS Attack.

Moreover, most api's that I've seen are synchronous. the latter basically means that you can't send an authenticated request until your previous one gets processed

Any REST Api is synchronous. There's no problems about that, you ask an something -> you get something. If the API is Private you simply need to add info to the Http Call (usually a sha calculation over parameters using your API Key)

I'm selling my Bot since 2013, currently it works on 18 Exchanges, 20 in the next release, and i've NEVER and i repeat NEVER found 1 Exchanges that tells me "We don't want bot"
Bot means VOLUMES.
Volumes means FEES.
And Exchanges admins are very happy with that.
Sometimes they directly pay me to have my BOT Interfaced with them  Wink

distant

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 05:33:36 PM

I developed an automatic trading bot.  See this thread for more information.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1776722.0
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 05:40:56 PM

I guess none, since otherwise you would know that many exchanges are not allowing above certain number of authenticated connections per second (or per minute). And this is not with just Bitcoin exchanges, many other "real life" exchanges are doing basically the same, i.e. limiting or heavily constraining the possibility if using, for example, HFT bots (whether they are good or evil is another question). Moreover, most api's that I've seen are synchronous. the latter basically means that you can't send an authenticated request until your previous one gets processed

Okay, I stand corrected

Limits are clearly written in API Reference on any exchange.
That doesn't means exchanges doesn't allows bot, they only wants to avoid too much calls that will results in a similar DDOS Attack

Not necessarily. And you should know that better (if you have really written thus many bots)

Moreover, most api's that I've seen are synchronous. the latter basically means that you can't send an authenticated request until your previous one gets processed

Any REST Api is synchronous. There's no problems about that, you ask an something -> you get something. If the API is Private you simply need to add info to the Http Call (usually a sha calculation over parameters using your API Key)

Oh, really? I think you are certainly (and heavily) confusing something at this point

But let's get more specific here and try to run a reality check (if you don't mind, of course). Since you've written 18 trading bots (and 20 are still in the making), you should be pretty familiar with, for example, Bter API. Before it got hacked in February, 2015, it had been one of the top altcoin exchanges. So what are going to tell about it? What is its specificity (or peculiarity)? It is the same REST API which, as you claim, is always synchronous (which is a big time exaggeration)

Sampey
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 05:54:15 PM

Not necessarily. And you should know it better (if you have really written thus many bots)

COnsidering the fact that i have a directly mailing approach with exchanges dev i have no problem to ask limits (that are not only limit over API Call but also over decimal places and similar).
Not write API limits is usually forgetfulness and nothing more :

For example i take 4 exchanges i interfaced :
https://poloniex.com/support/api/ Limit is written and is 6 Call/SEconds
https://www.kraken.com/help/api As you can see in bold "API call rate limit"
https://www.okcoin.com/rest_faq.html
https://api.vaultoro.com/

There are also exchanges without any limit.

Oh, really? I think you are certainly (and heavily) confusing something at this point

Yeah, tell me more about Asynchronous bots  Cheesy Cheesy

But let's get more specific here and try to run a reality check (if you don't mind, of course). Since you've written 18 trading bots (and 20 are still in the making), you should be pretty familiar with, for example, Bter API. So what are going to tell about it? What is its specificity? It is the same REST API which, as you claim, is always synchronous

Well i've written 18 and 2 will be added to the next release, for a total of 20.
And yes, i've interfaced Bter.
https://bter.com/api
And they are REST synchronous, obviously. It was one of the first exchanges in interface.

Tell me everything you need. I can teach you a lot about bot world and API interfaces  Wink
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1052

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 05:55:06 PM

nice. i saw this past months but never really got into it. if i just want to buy an api for polo, that means all i'm just going to pay is 0.15 btc?
can you tell us the success rate of the API?  

has someone already request an api for liqui? there are coins that are only listed there such as GNT which i'm particularly interested.

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                                 
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████
   ██████████████████    █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌      ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████
|
  Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income
         Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!   
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
Sampey
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 06:00:25 PM

nice. i saw this past months but never really got into it. if i just want to buy an api for polo, that means all i'm just going to pay is 0.15 btc?
can you tell us the success rate of the API?  

has someone already request an api for liqui? there are coins that are only listed there such as GNT which i'm particularly interested.

Yeah, how do you know that  Cheesy
https://twitter.com/Liqui_Exchange/status/823307073916116993
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 06:01:06 PM

Well i've written 18 and 2 will be added to the next release, for a total of 20.
And they are REST synchronous, obviously. It was one of the first exchanges in interface

Tell me everything you need. I can teach you a lot about bot worlds and API interfaces  Wink

You must be kidding mate

You don't need to teach me anything since I know what I say from first-hand experience (a big wink here). And I'm very very doubtful now about your true knowledge and understanding since Bter authenticated calls are truly asynchronous unlike any other exchange api that I've seen. You don't need to prove me anything since I've been there myself and seen that with my own eyes, from inside, so to speak. Other than that, I can't possibly see how REST should necessarily be synchronous (unless you mean something very different from what I said earlier about synchronous/asynchronous api's)

Sampey
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 06:06:50 PM

And they are REST synchronous, obviously. It was one of the first exchanges in interface

Tell me everything you need. I can teach you a lot about bot worlds and API interfaces  Wink

You must be kidding mate

You don't need to teach me anything since I know what I say from first-hand experience (a big wink here). And I'm very very doubtful now about your true knowledge and understanding since Bter authenticated calls are truly asynchronous unlike any other exchange api that I've seen. You don't need to prove me anything since I've been there myself and seen that with my own eyes. Other than that, I can't possibly see how REST should necessarily be synchronous (unless you mean something very different from what I said earlier about synchronous/asynchronous api's)

Man, all REST Api Are synchronous , on ANY EXchange, and of course this Bter Private CALL is Sync

Code:
Place order API

API URL: https://bter.com/api/1/private/placeorder

Parameter submission method: POST

Do you know the difference between sync and asynch?
A Bot must ASK and Manage Request <-> Response. From The Http Call (Request) and The API Result (Result) there's a waiting time. It's synch.
Don't troll me please  Cheesy
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 06:13:41 PM

You must be kidding mate

You don't need to teach me anything since I know what I say from first-hand experience (a big wink here). And I'm very very doubtful now about your true knowledge and understanding since Bter authenticated calls are truly asynchronous unlike any other exchange api that I've seen. You don't need to prove me anything since I've been there myself and seen that with my own eyes. Other than that, I can't possibly see how REST should necessarily be synchronous (unless you mean something very different from what I said earlier about synchronous/asynchronous api's)

Man, all REST Api Are synchronous , on ANY EXchange, and of course this Bter Private CALL is Sync

Code:
Place order API

API URL: https://bter.com/api/1/private/placeorder

Parameter submission method: POST

Do you know the difference between sync and asynch?
A Bot must ASK and Manage Request <-> Response. From The Http Call (Request) and The API Result (Result) there's a waiting time. It's synch.
Don't troll me please  Cheesy

Why do you show me quotes from Bter api guide? I've been trading there myself using their api and know how it works. Just accept it as a fact of life. Wtf, now you only confirm that you either didn't really try their api or just thinking things up. You can send authenticated requests to this exchange without waiting for a reply and you get all requests processed with no errors (and likely not in the order you sent them). The same will result in an error condition on other exchanges. Just REALLY try that and see for yourself

And now tell me how REST is necessarily synchronous

Sampey
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 06:22:15 PM

Why do you show me quotes from Bter api guide? I've been trading there myself using their api and know how it works. In fact, now you only confirm that either didn't really try their api or just thinking things up. You can send authenticated requests to this exchange without waiting for a reply and you get all requests processed. The same will result in an error condition on other exchanges. Just REALLY try that and see for yourself

And now tell me how REST is necessarily synchronous

Man.....i'm Selling BTER API ok?
I've customers that trade on BTER. I really don't understand how you're not able to verify i'm a long time legit developer with big experience in api interfaces.
What do you need to check?
Official topic is not enough? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=507103.0
My Feedbacks Are not Enough?
My 200+ Positive Feedbacks are not Enough? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=130152
Or official exchange annocements :
https://blog.cex.io/news/cex-io-bitcoin-integrates-bot-15179
https://medium.com/the-rock-trading/c-a-t-now-available-for-trts-customers-f54139744f48#.o03cq2kxj
https://www.facebook.com/ccexcom/posts/1713206285561221

Or i need to tell you the exchanges admin who directly works with me? Starting from Tristan From Poloniex when Poloniex was a 50BTC/volume day exchange.....

I need to continue?

Now the question is for you :

If you make a asynch call to CREATE ORDER how did you get back the ORDER ID? That is the result of a successful CREATE ORDER Call?
Tell me the way you make a Bot using async call  Cheesy
If you find a method it's good for you, but you probably add complexity to your software.

I've never used an async call, because i need to wait for any response, obviously, if i'm asking for something i need the result to continue, so i need to wait, so we are talking about sync call.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 06:29:53 PM

~snipped~

I need to continue?

I don't care about anything you just said

You may tell it to someone else but please don't tell me, this has absolutely no effect on me. After all, this is not a pissing contest. I've been in the business for more than 25 years (really), but I'm not going to talk about that since if I (or you) tell bullshit, this will remain bullshit, no matter what. I think you were just using some standard routine and didn't actually try to work with this exchange in an asynchronous mode. Asynchronous mode means that you don't need to wait for a result after sending an authenticated request, i.e. you can send requests and process the results asynchronously as they come in, in different threads without synchronizing the threads

I've never used an async call, because i need to wait for any response, obviously, if i'm asking for something i need the result to continue, so i need to wait, so we are talking about sync call

Now tell me more mate. You said something about REST being synchronous if I remember correctly, right?

Sampey
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 06:35:01 PM

~snipped~

I need to continue?

You may tell it someone else but please don't tell me, this has absolutely no effect on me. After all, this is not a pissing contest. I've been in the business for more than 25 years (really), but I'm not going to talk about that since if you tell bullshit, this will remain bullshit, no matter what. I think you were just using some standard routine and did actually try to work with this exchange in an asynchronous mode. Asynchronous mode means that you don't need to wait for a result after sending an authenticated request, i.e. you can send requests and process the results asynchronously, in different threads without synchronizing the threads

This is asynch on YOUR CLIENT SIDE because you launch the API Call inside a Thread.
But it's not asynch at HTTP CALL Library level.

Of course i can do this
CLIENT Main Program <-> CLIENT Thread with Api Call -> REST SYNC POST (Wait For Response)
Main program will have control again after the thread launch.
But this workflow Thread with Api Call -> REST SYNC POST still remain Synch.

Please stop trolling man, that doesn't works with me.  Grin
Sampey
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 06:37:21 PM

Now tell me more mate. You said something about REST being synchronous if I remember correctly, right?

I confirm (and any programmer that had interfaced any API exchange could confirm) that Any Api Call is Synch.
The way you manage the API Call inside your Client it's up to you, but the HTTP CALL from your Client to API System in a REST environment is Sync.
I need to repeate once more or you have understand?  Wink
Sampey
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 06:38:20 PM

I've been in the business for more than 25 years (really)

I Can imagine  Roll Eyes
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 06:40:51 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2017, 06:53:39 PM by deisik

~snipped~

I need to continue?

You may tell it someone else but please don't tell me, this has absolutely no effect on me. After all, this is not a pissing contest. I've been in the business for more than 25 years (really), but I'm not going to talk about that since if you tell bullshit, this will remain bullshit, no matter what. I think you were just using some standard routine and did actually try to work with this exchange in an asynchronous mode. Asynchronous mode means that you don't need to wait for a result after sending an authenticated request, i.e. you can send requests and process the results asynchronously, in different threads without synchronizing the threads

This is asynch on YOUR CLIENT SIDE because you launch the API Call inside a Thread.
But it's not asynch at HTTP CALL Library level

You don't get it mate, absolutely

There is no HTTP CALL Library (like libc, for example). There is only a standard (and I'm not sure if it is a real standard like RFC, or ANSI C standard, or something like that). It just vaguely describes how data should be represented but it doesn't tell anything how requests should be processed either on the server or client side. It can be processed in any way possible (read either synchronously or asynchronously). There is no requirement for it being processed necessarily synchronously (which is what you seem to erroneously assume). As I already told you, if you send two authenticated requests to this exchange, your last request (by timestamp) can get actually processed first. This doesn't work with other exchanges but it works with Bter. Instead of arguing, you'd better really try it out yourself. If YOU send them synchronously (i.e. waiting for reply before sending next request) that doesn't mean that you can't send them asynchronously

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: