Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:48:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CampBX - location /yellow flags  (Read 5906 times)
r.schulz

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 08:07:34 AM

My experience is good so far. Dwolla withdraw and trading worked just fine. But I would also be interested whether they are already or planning to register as MSB.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GuiltySpark343

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:48:39 AM

Try PM's Keyer at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=15102 and ask him about CampBX's status with FINCEN regulations. Actually, I think they just registered with FINCEN this week:

MSB Registration Number: 31000026967575
Registration Type: Initial Registration
Legal Name: Bulbul Investments LLC
DBA Name:
Street Address: 13010 Morris Rd, Bldg 1 Suite #600
City: Alpharetta
State: GEORGIA
Zip: 30004
MSB Activities:
Check casher (Including traveler's and money orders), Money transmitter, Other, Seller of money orders
States of MSB Activities:
Alabama, Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District Of Columbia,
Federated States Of Micronesia, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas,
Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Marshall Islands, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri,
Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Northern Mariana Islands,
Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Palau, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee,
Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virgin Islands, US, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
All States & Territories & Foreign Flag: All States/Territories
Number of Branches:
Authorized Signature Date: 05/15/2013
Received Date: 05/16/2013

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
Ƀ:17wbDetEw2aESM5oWXbm5ih9NSdDruyWNT
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 02:52:21 PM

Try PM's Keyer at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=15102 and ask him about CampBX's status with FINCEN regulations. Actually, I think they just registered with FINCEN this week:

MSB Registration Number: 31000026967575
Registration Type: Initial Registration
Legal Name: Bulbul Investments LLC
DBA Name:
Street Address: 13010 Morris Rd, Bldg 1 Suite #600
City: Alpharetta
State: GEORGIA
Zip: 30004
MSB Activities:
Check casher (Including traveler's and money orders), Money transmitter, Other, Seller of money orders
States of MSB Activities:
Alabama, Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District Of Columbia,
Federated States Of Micronesia, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas,
Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Marshall Islands, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri,
Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Northern Mariana Islands,
Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Palau, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee,
Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virgin Islands, US, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
All States & Territories & Foreign Flag: All States/Territories
Number of Branches:
Authorized Signature Date: 05/15/2013
Received Date: 05/16/2013

Nice!

Think they will change their terms & conditions so that we're not "selling to other people" or is that not necessary?

I don't mind the details, but right now I registered with coinbase b/c they said i am buying & selling from them and they are registered as an MSB.

Feel free to tell me I'm worrying too much about the details, but I'm trying to make sure I understand those details so I can guide others as well.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
CompNsci

Activity: 332
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 09:00:05 PM

Good to hear CampBX is registered. I thought they must have it pending.

I've dealt with them a fair bit and they have fairly good service, reasonable fees, and transactions in and out of Dwolla.

Volume is a bit lower, but other than that, good.
chillin151

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 09:20:36 PM

I am never going to use this company again!!   This is the second time that I have had money missing and have gotten completely ignored for days!!  There is really no excuse for it.  The first time, I wired $980 and I didn't know that you could only use one bank account to wire money to.  The matter was fixed after about a week, but my emails were ignored until I threatened to come on the boards and let people know what I have been going through.  After issuing a threat, I got a response within 10 minutes.  But why make a customer wait a week for a simple response to an email!  I thought maybe this was a one-time problem and decided to give them another chance...

And here we are again!  I am missing $960 and have emailed them, messaged them, and opened tickets EVERY, SINGLE DAY since June 25th... and nothing.  I have gotten no response what-so-ever.  I am trying to post here as a last resort to get my money returned to me!

If you were smart, you would stay away from this company!  Unless you can afford to take the chance of your money being held in limbo for days or weeks on end.  I cannot!

If you are listening CampBX --- RETURN MY MONEY!!!  So, we can part our ways
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 09:41:24 PM

I am never going to use this company again!!   This is the second time that I have had money missing and have gotten completely ignored for days!!  There is really no excuse for it.  The first time, I wired $980 and I didn't know that you could only use one bank account to wire money to.  The matter was fixed after about a week, but my emails were ignored until I threatened to come on the boards and let people know what I have been going through.  After issuing a threat, I got a response within 10 minutes.  But why make a customer wait a week for a simple response to an email!  I thought maybe this was a one-time problem and decided to give them another chance...

And here we are again!  I am missing $960 and have emailed them, messaged them, and opened tickets EVERY, SINGLE DAY since June 25th... and nothing.  I have gotten no response what-so-ever.  I am trying to post here as a last resort to get my money returned to me!

If you were smart, you would stay away from this company!  Unless you can afford to take the chance of your money being held in limbo for days or weeks on end.  I cannot!

If you are listening CampBX --- RETURN MY MONEY!!!  So, we can part our ways

Sounds like you need a new forum name... not sure how chillin you are right now...

As for sending money, why not open a Dwolla account?  My money shows up instantly and it only costs a quarter...

And wow, you're concerned about 5 days?  That's the problem with fiat currency and wire transfers... which is why you should just keep all your money in BTC!

Fold for spending BTCs

chillin151

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 07:00:38 PM

I will consider a dwolla account, but right now I'm just trying to 1) Get my money back from them, and 2) Warn people that this is not a good company to do business with. 

I have posted my issue in more depth on the "Is CampBX a ripoff" thread but this one is more active.  I'm just desperate at this point and worried they really are stealing my money and since there is no way to actually locate/contact them it's a bigger issue.

Keyur contacted me saying the issue would be fixed that day.  As of 7/3 it still hasn't.  No one has contacted me even though I've written dozens of emails.  What's starting to make me really worry about this company is all that I need is a confirmation or transaction number of the wire they supposedly sent and in 10 days, they can't produce one??  If this is truly a legit company, how is it possible that they don't have the wire confirmation?  I just want my money back and we can part ways.  If anyone knows what kind of legal action I can take, please let me know.  It would be greatly appreciated.
Keyur @ Camp BX

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 07:45:24 PM

I will consider a dwolla account, but right now I'm just trying to 1) Get my money back from them, and 2) Warn people that this is not a good company to do business with. 

I have posted my issue in more depth on the "Is CampBX a ripoff" thread but this one is more active.  I'm just desperate at this point and worried they really are stealing my money and since there is no way to actually locate/contact them it's a bigger issue.

Keyur contacted me saying the issue would be fixed that day.  As of 7/3 it still hasn't.  No one has contacted me even though I've written dozens of emails.  What's starting to make me really worry about this company is all that I need is a confirmation or transaction number of the wire they supposedly sent and in 10 days, they can't produce one??  If this is truly a legit company, how is it possible that they don't have the wire confirmation?  I just want my money back and we can part ways.  If anyone knows what kind of legal action I can take, please let me know.  It would be greatly appreciated.

Chillin,
    I reviewed your ticket and looks like helpdesk already replied to it on June 26th.  We also exchange PM, so your claim that no one is replying to you is exaggerated and alarmist.

When a wire fails it takes bank at least 7-9 business days to send us a written confirmation of wire failure.  We cannot give status updates on tickets in the meantime, because we don't have anything informative to share.  Please give it time while we hear back from the bank.

- Keyur

Please stay tuned to our news and announcements feeds at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CampBX
Facebook: https://facebook.com/CampBX
chillin151

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 08:31:00 PM

It's not exaggerated.  Your first reply was immediately after I opened a ticket and that was to say that the wire went through and to check with my bank (6/26).  Since then, I have written every day asking for the confirmation number of the wire, per the bank's request, which you still haven't provided.  I am asking, again - to please send me the confirmation or transaction number of the wire.  The bank can help me with it if you would provide that information.

Your second reply wasn't until I had to get on a public board and was yesterday (over a week later), after countless emails, where you said that you would get the matter taken care of yesterday (7/3) and not only didn't take care of it, but never sent me an apology or an explanation or update of what's going on.

So, please do not tell me that my complaints are exaggerated.  I have stated the exact truth of events, including the fact that this was my mistake in the first place by entering the wrong zip code and that I've had dozens of successful transactions go through with no problems but this is unacceptable to hold someone's money for over a week with very little help or explanation.  People should know that this is the treatment they should expect when dealing with your company, when, or if something goes wrong with their transaction. 
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 01:29:30 AM

It's not exaggerated.  Your first reply was immediately after I opened a ticket and that was to say that the wire went through and to check with my bank (6/26).  Since then, I have written every day asking for the confirmation number of the wire, per the bank's request, which you still haven't provided.  I am asking, again - to please send me the confirmation or transaction number of the wire.  The bank can help me with it if you would provide that information.

Your second reply wasn't until I had to get on a public board and was yesterday (over a week later), after countless emails, where you said that you would get the matter taken care of yesterday (7/3) and not only didn't take care of it, but never sent me an apology or an explanation or update of what's going on.

So, please do not tell me that my complaints are exaggerated.  I have stated the exact truth of events, including the fact that this was my mistake in the first place by entering the wrong zip code and that I've had dozens of successful transactions go through with no problems but this is unacceptable to hold someone's money for over a week with very little help or explanation.  People should know that this is the treatment they should expect when dealing with your company, when, or if something goes wrong with their transaction. 

I'm not saying you are misrepresenting any information, but e-mailing daily doesn't sound like it will get you anything...

I'm thinking you should be patient and wait 7-9 business days before e-mailing again...  If there's no information to share, what do you want them to say?

As far as legal action, talk to a lawyer, not random people on a forum...

Not to be cruel, but you're talking about less than $1,000, right?  That's really not that much money... if it's too much for you to go without for a couple weeks, then why are you investing it in bitcoins, and/or sending it to a start up company via wire transfer?

Calm down and be patient, and I'm sure everything will be just fine.

If they turn out to be a scam, rest assured, that I have much more with them than you do... so I'll gladly lead the charge of legal action if necessary, but I'm thinking if we just wait a few weeks, you'll be fine.

Good luck and happy 4th!

Fold for spending BTCs

readonlyaccess

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 02:58:55 AM

I just recently opened an account with CampBX and Dwolla.  Dwolla deposits take 3-4 business days, but once that clears you can instantly transfer into CampBX.  My only complaint so far is that the CampBX website is terribly slow so navigating the site takes 10-30secs per page click.
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 03:53:16 AM

I just recently opened an account with CampBX and Dwolla.  Dwolla deposits take 3-4 business days, but once that clears you can instantly transfer into CampBX.  My only complaint so far is that the CampBX website is terribly slow so navigating the site takes 10-30secs per page click.

I concur

Fold for spending BTCs

readonlyaccess

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 03:56:00 AM

Also their API requires user/pass not token.
Keyur @ Camp BX

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 04:05:59 AM

I just recently opened an account with CampBX and Dwolla.  Dwolla deposits take 3-4 business days, but once that clears you can instantly transfer into CampBX.  My only complaint so far is that the CampBX website is terribly slow so navigating the site takes 10-30secs per page click.

I concur

RO and Kjlimo,
    We are working on a major data center upgrade to resolve the speed issue. Trade times should be back under 3 seconds by end of this month.

Our apologies for the slow performance in the meantime,
     Keyur

kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 02:59:07 AM

Did you recently change you website policy to stop allowing for old deposit addresses?

"This address expires in 1 Week"

I could have sworn that a few days ago it said I could reuse the address...

Feel free to PM me your best non-QT client source of a static address.  Mtgox?  Vircurex?

Fold for spending BTCs

pirate1

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 09:22:01 PM

If Keyur is monitoring this thread I would like to mention a problem that has come up.  I have been using the service for a few weeks and have been liking it.  The problem is that the bitcoin deposits are taking longer and longer.  I have been using the same address since I started.  Originally, a few minutes after sending the bitcoins it would show as a pending deposit and then within an hour or so it would be confirmed.  Then it started taking longer and longer.  It started taking an hour or more to show up and then a few hours to get the six confirmations.  Then today I sent a deposit at 11:30 EST and now at 5:15 EST it still is not even showing as pending.  What is going on?  I have sent an e-mail, submitted a support ticket and tried every number I could find to call.  I am disabled and my bitcoins are my only income so this is very important to me.  It says the turn around for tickets is three days and that is an awful long time for me.  I would really like to know what happened to my bitcoins and why they are not showing.  I sent to the same address I have been sending to and nothing has shown.  If they were going to quit using an address they should let the customers using that address know that fact.  I don't think that is what happened but something is going on.  I would appreciate it if someone from campbx could resolve this for me.  I have the same name there as I do here, pirate1.  You have my e-mail address on file under pirate1 or can message me here.

As long as I wake up breathing it's all a bonus.  Sometimes not much of a bonus but still a bonus.
Keyur @ Camp BX

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 10:23:23 PM

If Keyur is monitoring this thread I would like to mention a problem that has come up.  I have been using the service for a few weeks and have been liking it.  The problem is that the bitcoin deposits are taking longer and longer.  I have been using the same address since I started.  Originally, a few minutes after sending the bitcoins it would show as a pending deposit and then within an hour or so it would be confirmed.  Then it started taking longer and longer.  It started taking an hour or more to show up and then a few hours to get the six confirmations.  Then today I sent a deposit at 11:30 EST and now at 5:15 EST it still is not even showing as pending.  What is going on?  I have sent an e-mail, submitted a support ticket and tried every number I could find to call.  I am disabled and my bitcoins are my only income so this is very important to me.  It says the turn around for tickets is three days and that is an awful long time for me.  I would really like to know what happened to my bitcoins and why they are not showing.  I sent to the same address I have been sending to and nothing has shown.  If they were going to quit using an address they should let the customers using that address know that fact.  I don't think that is what happened but something is going on.  I would appreciate it if someone from campbx could resolve this for me.  I have the same name there as I do here, pirate1.  You have my e-mail address on file under pirate1 or can message me here.

Hi Pirate,
       As of July 15, Bitcoin deposit addresses come with an expiry date or ~2 week.  Make sure you generate a fresh address for every deposit.  If you sent your deposit to an older address, put in a ticket and we should be able to credit it for you by tomorrow PM.

We have also upgraded to a new data center on Sunday, so your Bitcoin deposits / withdrawals should show up within 10 minutes + time required to earn 6 confirmations.

- Keyur

kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 12:44:06 AM

Hi Pirate,
       As of July 15, Bitcoin deposit addresses come with an expiry date or ~2 week.  Make sure you generate a fresh address for every deposit.  If you sent your deposit to an older address, put in a ticket and we should be able to credit it for you by tomorrow PM.

We have also upgraded to a new data center on Sunday, so your Bitcoin deposits / withdrawals should show up within 10 minutes + time required to earn 6 confirmations.

- Keyur

Cool, perhaps there was an announcement that I missed...

Guess July 15 was the date that changed.

Did you recently change you website policy to stop allowing for old deposit addresses?

"This address expires in 1 Week"

I could have sworn that a few days ago it said I could reuse the address...

Feel free to PM me your best non-QT client source of a static address.  Mtgox?  Vircurex?

I will be recommending Vircurex for those who need a static deposit address until further notice.

Fold for spending BTCs

pirate1

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 12:55:02 AM

Keyur thanks for answering so promptly.  I was really getting worried.  I have already put in a support ticket on the matter and I will put in a new one reflecting what you just told me.  I will make sure to use a new address for every deposit after this.  I must have missed the anouncement about that but as long as it gets cleared up tomorrow no problems.  I hope the new data center works out well for us.

Thanks again.
pirate1

As long as I wake up breathing it's all a bonus.  Sometimes not much of a bonus but still a bonus.
shbtc

Activity: 60

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 03:24:27 AM

I handed over $19,000 in Bank of America money orders exactly one week ago and the funds are still not available. I drive to the location every time, since their office is only 45 mins from my house. I have personally met both the owner and his sister, who usually picks up the deposits. I sat in the break room at the Regus office, filled out the money orders, then personally handed this particular deposit to his sister and we counted the money orders together to confirm the amount. I sent an email yesterday and have not yet gotten a response. I have been using CampBX for about 2 years now and it has never taken more than 48 hrs for funds to be available. I'm starting to get worried...
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: