Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:42:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CampBX - location /yellow flags  (Read 5912 times)
pirate1

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 12:41:35 AM

Keyur, I wanted to check in with you again.  I still have not gotten my bitcoins.  I have done two new deposits and withdrawals using a new address each time with no problems.  However, I still am missing my Monday deposit.  You said on Monday that I should have it by Tuesday afternoon.  On Wednesday I got three e-mails, probably one for my e-mail and one each for the two tickets I ended up with. 
All three said I should have my bitcoins from my deposit within one to two days.  It is now Friday evening.  I have heard nothing else and still do not have my deposit.  I am hoping you can check into this and fix the situation.  I noticed the morning after we talked here it started showing up in red at the site that addresses will age out.  That is after we talked and indeed I have had no problem on my last two deposits and withdrawals.  I still need to get my deposit from Monday as it was over 4 bitcoins and I really need the money.  As I said before, I am disabled and bitcoins are my only income so this is very important to me.  I am hoping you can help

Thank you,
pirate1

As long as I wake up breathing it's all a bonus.  Sometimes not much of a bonus but still a bonus.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
skinnybook12

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:56:11 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2013, 06:10:14 AM by skinnybook12

CAMPBX CHANGED THE BITCOIN ADDRESS I HAVE ALWAYS USED FOR BITCOIN DEPOSITS from my Btc Wallet, with me totally unaware of their change, and unable to know about their change without first logging in to their system before the Bitcoin transfer.
As such, I now have about 57 BITCOINS THAT ARE NOT BEING POSTED BY CAMPBX TO MY ACCOUNT.  I have not received help from
their help desk or systems administrator in "finding" my bitcoins which from the data on blockchain.info are clearly
sitting in their deposit address!  This would be a lot of money for me to loose, and Campbx has not taken it as seriously
as I do.

Is there any way anyone at Campbx or anywhere knows what can be done to get my bitcoins back from their previous deposit
address with Campbx ?  I needed this $ "yesterday" and have no idea what Campbx is doing about the matter because they have
not kept me updated.  Is there any agency besides the Federal Department of Treasury Regulation, and the State of Georgia
Department of Finance and Banking is able to help me in this matter if Campbx fails to honor it's promises?
Campbx User: skinnybook12
skinnybook12

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 06:10:56 AM

Keyur,

Please tell me what is being done to "find" and POST my Bitcoins that were deposited to the address I have always
used, to my Campbx account? I needed this money last week. What, if any, additional things do I need to do to get my 57
bitcoins from you into my account?

Thank you,
campbx user: skinnybook12
skinnybook12

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 08:36:46 PM

Campbx came through in "finding" my Bitcons on the old Btc deposit address.  The bitcoins were back in my account a couple days after I posted on this facebook site.  Campbx from my POV has delivered and I would certainly use them in the future!  Good job Campbx.  I noticed that even their site is way faster with few to no programming hiccups (as there were in the past), I assume because of their data center upgrades.

Campbx came through in my case, and I would certainly use their services again.  The only issue I see is that their help desk / IT support desk is not big enough and they need to spend money on that to keep the customers they do have and grow their business.  If they keep improving with good leadership and help desk services, I could imagine Campbx taking away significant market share from MtGox in the coming years.
pirate1

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:07:47 AM

Now if they would just credit mine to my account.  Glad yours got cleared up skinny.  I am still waiting on mine and have heard nothing since I got three e-mails last Wednesday saying I would have my bitcoins in 1-2 days.  That was Wednesday the 24th.  I have written more e-mails and have no response of any kind.  I hope someone will transfer my bitcoins from the address they gave me and I used to use to my account sometime soon.  I think it is great that the day after I talked to Keyur here they put a notice up in red on the site warning people that addresses would expire.  I have used it since and get a new address each time and have had no problems and found it faster than it used to be.  However, that over 4 bitcoins deposit is a lot of money for me and I really need to get it.  Hopefully soon.  I will post when it is resolved or I hear something.

As long as I wake up breathing it's all a bonus.  Sometimes not much of a bonus but still a bonus.
oneblackman

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 03:43:39 AM

They received my money order on the 30th and have yet to credit it to my account. No one has responded to my emails either. What's going on with their service? I left a post on the facebook wall and they respond to general questions, but when I asked when will my acct be credited I get ignored.

campbxuser : 1blackman
wingspan

Activity: 54

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:43:28 AM

Good job Campbx. 
    +1   Smiley

I want to stick up for Camb BX.  Since starting bitcoining in March, I'd give them a "C" grade on website design/speed, a "B" on support, and an "A" on USD transfers.  My experience lately with their dwolla<-->campbx transfers has been near perfect - I've done $4K transfers many times and each took about a minute to show up in both sides' available balances -- both for deposits and for withdrawals.

Ideas for improvement on their website design:  I wish they'd remove their wasted space on their depth table page - my screen only displays 13 rows - they could single space their data and fit much more.  And that is just an example of little website improvements they need to do.
pirate1

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:18:40 AM

I have been ignored since the 24th of July.  I got in touch with Keyur, the owner here on the day my deposit didn't show up.  He said I would get my bitcoins the next afternoon.  Then I got three e-mails on the 24th all saying I would have my money in 1-2 days.  Since then I can get no response of any kind.  I have sent several e-mails and another ticket.  I get the automatic, we got your submission and then never hear anything else.  This has really hurt my situation financially as I had already made commitments for that money.  It has worked fine every time I have used the service since then.  I   kept using the service but at this point I am looking around for another one.  It is totally unacceptable that they are keeping my 4.1+ bitcoin deposit.  The owner and support have both said I would get my bitcoin in a day or two and we are now at almost three weeks.  Monday will make three weeks.  That is Monday the 12th of August.  This is wrong.  All they have to do is check the transaction, go to the address and move my bitcoins to my account.  This all happened before they put up the notice that bitcoin addresses would age out.  In fact, that notice got put up the day after I talked to Keyur on this forum about this.  I guess Monday I try to call every phone number I can find and see if I can actually get in touch with anyone since they won't respond to e-mails or support tickets.  This has been really frustrating.  I have been a good customer of CampBX but that may be changing soon.  I can't see continuing to do business with someone who will occasionally take a bit of your money.  That may be a little harsh but they need to resolve my problem or it certainly looks that way to me.

kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 03:09:48 PM

I have been ignored since the 24th of July.  I got in touch with Keyur, the owner here on the day my deposit didn't show up.  He said I would get my bitcoins the next afternoon.  Then I got three e-mails on the 24th all saying I would have my money in 1-2 days.  Since then I can get no response of any kind.  I have sent several e-mails and another ticket.  I get the automatic, we got your submission and then never hear anything else.  This has really hurt my situation financially as I had already made commitments for that money.  It has worked fine every time I have used the service since then.  I   kept using the service but at this point I am looking around for another one.  It is totally unacceptable that they are keeping my 4.1+ bitcoin deposit.  The owner and support have both said I would get my bitcoin in a day or two and we are now at almost three weeks.  Monday will make three weeks.  That is Monday the 12th of August.  This is wrong.  All they have to do is check the transaction, go to the address and move my bitcoins to my account.  This all happened before they put up the notice that bitcoin addresses would age out.  In fact, that notice got put up the day after I talked to Keyur on this forum about this.  I guess Monday I try to call every phone number I can find and see if I can actually get in touch with anyone since they won't respond to e-mails or support tickets.  This has been really frustrating.  I have been a good customer of CampBX but that may be changing soon.  I can't see continuing to do business with someone who will occasionally take a bit of your money.  That may be a little harsh but they need to resolve my problem or it certainly looks that way to me.

Sounds like you owe someone money... perhaps it's time they accept bitcoin?  That way you can send it to them anytime the internet is on... 24/7???

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Keyur @ Camp BX

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 06:54:22 PM

Hi Pirate1,
      We have received a higher than expected number of requests for recovering Bitcoins sent to expired addresses.  We have resolved a large majority of tickets so far, and yours is in the pipeline.  Our apologies for the delay.

Thank you,
       Keyur

Please stay tuned to our news and announcements feeds at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CampBX
Facebook: https://facebook.com/CampBX
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 07:00:44 PM

Hi Pirate1,
      We have received a higher than expected number of requests for recovering Bitcoins sent to expired addresses.  We have resolved a large majority of tickets so far, and yours is in the pipeline.  Our apologies for the delay.

Thank you,
       Keyur

Enough to make you reconsider the expiring addresses idea?

Or does having the expiring addresses help your operations somehow?  I'm not trying to be a d***, I'm just curious why you made the switch.  Seems like Mtgox has been operating fine allowing old addresses to be re-used.

Fold for spending BTCs

Keyur @ Camp BX

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 07:12:36 PM

Or does having the expiring addresses help your operations somehow?  I'm not trying to be a d***, I'm just curious why you made the switch.  Seems like Mtgox has been operating fine allowing old addresses to be re-used.

Excellent question: MtGox and CampBX are architecturally different.  We handle all Bitcoin transactions in real-time and ensure full synchronicity with P2P network at all times.  This has major advantages in terms of security and redundancy, but it does take a toll on performance.

Disposable addresses is a stop-gap solution which helps performance significantly.  We are working on developing and testing a more permanent fix.

kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 07:18:32 PM

Excellent question: MtGox and CampBX are architecturally different.  We handle all Bitcoin transactions in real-time and ensure full synchronicity with P2P network at all times.  This has major advantages in terms of security and redundancy, but it does take a toll on performance.

Disposable addresses is a stop-gap solution which helps performance significantly.  We are working on developing and testing a more permanent fix.

Cool, thanks for the explanation.

Good luck!  If you're looking for additions to your team, feel free to reach out.

Fold for spending BTCs

pirate1

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:17:31 AM

Keyur, thanks for responding and letting me know what is going on.  I can see how you could have had a lot more requests than anticipated.  The worst part is not getting any feedback.  Now that you have told me what is going on I can be patient for a little longer.  I am really hurting for the money but knowing I will eventually get it is a big relief.  I will keep watching for it and hope not much more time goes by before it shows up in my account.  I will keep posting developments and will post when this is all resolved.  Thanks again for answering me, you don't know what relief a simple answer can be.

coindexter

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:26:42 AM

It's not just coins sent to an expired address that disappear.Sent coins 12 hrs ago to a newly generated address and nothing, the account is empty.No response to my inquiry either. 
pirate1

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 10:13:21 PM

I thought it was time for an update.  It has now been a month since I made my missing deposit.  On the 24th of July I had three e-mails saying I would have my bitcoins in 1-2 days.  That has been the only response from the site.  I have had Keyur answer me here on this forum on a couple of different occasions.  The first time on the 22nd of July I was told I would have my money by the next afternoon.  The second time on the 10th of August to tell me my request was in the pipeline and they were handling more requests than they anticipated.  I really hope this doesn't take much longer.  I do appreciate that Keyur answers my postings on this site but it would be nice if the CampBX  site actually responded to my e-mails.  I am definitely giving them the benefit of a doubt given Keyur's postings here but it sure is dragging on a long time.  I really need the money and the longer it takes the more of a hardship it is.  I am still using the site and have had no further problems.  It is working better than ever as long as I change my address each time.  Nevertheless, it was the day after I talked to Keyur that they put up in red, on the site, that they would be aging out addresses.  When I made my last deposit that change had not been made.  I have been assured I will be getting my bitcoins and I am trusting that.  I am just wondering when I will finally receive them.  Today makes one month I have been waiting.  Anyway, that's my update and I am still hoping for the best.  I will update as this is resolved.

pirate1

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:04:40 PM

Finally I have my bitcoins.  This morning when I checked my account the deposit finally showed up.  Thanks Keyur.  Now I can breathe a sigh of relief.  Since they changed to the new system everything has been running very smoothly.  My only complaint has been the missing deposit which has now been taken care of.

DealMaker

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 02:09:35 PM

Finally I have my bitcoins.  This morning when I checked my account the deposit finally showed up.  Thanks Keyur.  Now I can breathe a sigh of relief.  Since they changed to the new system everything has been running very smoothly.  My only complaint has been the missing deposit which has now been taken care of.

At least something has happened for you.  Being a business man and one who follows things to the letter I've had a not-so different experience that is currently on-going.  I don't want to take this to a legal level however since I am running a business and the funds, not to mention my personal information plus the time invested all have a direct relation to keeping my operation running.  With that being said I don't typically have the "luxury" of someone doing something when they basically feel like it (ignoring you and not responding to you when they have your money is highly unethical and extremely unprofessional).  Maybe you made a mistake, sure but, ignoring you a paying customer?  That makes no sense.  Also don't think I'm being critical without offering assistance.  I have offered Campbx assistance and they ignored me (as they did all other emails that were about doing what they claim per their own statements).

I like you probably thought they were legit and doing the right thing in a timely, professional manner.  Sadly they are not and I'm seeing MANY folks on here have tried to be patient with them (it's very difficult to be patient when someone is playing "games" with your hard earned money) so it's with a heavy heart I had to write my last post and my final post on the matter before (not without proper response although plenty of time has been given already, from Campbx).  Please read/follow the events here as they unfold -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=278973.0
Keyur @ Camp BX

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 02:22:44 PM

Finally I have my bitcoins.  This morning when I checked my account the deposit finally showed up.  Thanks Keyur.  Now I can breathe a sigh of relief.  Since they changed to the new system everything has been running very smoothly.  My only complaint has been the missing deposit which has now been taken care of.

Hi Pirate1,
     I made a typo when forwarding your PM on this forum to sysadmin, which caused the delay in finding your coins.

Apologies for the delay.

Keyur @ Camp BX

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 02:29:59 PM

At least something has happened for you.  Being a business man and one who follows things to the letter I've had a not-so different experience that is currently on-going.  I don't want to take this to a legal level however since I am running a business and the funds, not to mention my personal information plus the time invested all have a direct relation to keeping my operation running.  With that being said I don't typically have the "luxury" of someone doing something when they basically feel like it (ignoring you and not responding to you when they have your money is highly unethical and extremely unprofessional).  Maybe you made a mistake, sure but, ignoring you a paying customer?  That makes no sense.  Also don't think I'm being critical without offering assistance.  I have offered Campbx assistance and they ignored me (as they did all other emails that were about doing what they claim per their own statements).

I like you probably thought they were legit and doing the right thing in a timely, professional manner.  Sadly they are not and I'm seeing MANY folks on here have tried to be patient with them (it's very difficult to be patient when someone is playing "games" with your hard earned money) so it's with a heavy heart I had to write my last post and my final post on the matter before (not without proper response although plenty of time has been given already, from Campbx).  Please read/follow the events here as they unfold -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=278973.0

DM,

1) Compliance is working on performing KYC verifications for applications.  They have a backlog because a lot of apps have come in this month.  Should be cleared next week.  We are also working on Compliance upgrades that will resolve backlogs for good by end of September.

2) Can you PM me ticket number regarding your MOs for $1,500?  Keep in mind you can cancel unprocessed MOs and get the full amount back at any time. 

- Keyur

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: