Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:47:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I give BTC away?  (Read 2304 times)
chubogo (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 01:42:36 PM

I want to give the smallest practical amount of BTC to friends and family to introduce them to it.
What is the best way to do this?
What are the smallest amounts that can be sensibly transferred?
Thank you.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 01:47:49 PM

You can print paper wallet from bitaddress.org and give them printed paper wallet containing bitcoin address and private key. And also guide them how they can import those private key to online wallets and use those bitcoins in address. I think 0.001BTC could be considered as good amount to give away as fee is like 0.0001BTC around per transactions.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Yutikas_11920

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 01:48:43 PM

I am very moved if you will do it. But it will be better yet, before you give Trial BTC better you introduce some things that could give them a btc manner. So the trial btc that you provide only to give confidence to them that bitcoin is real and credible
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 01:50:29 PM

I'd suggest keeping a backup copy of the paper wallets, and sweeping them yourself if the BTC hasn't been claimed in 6 months.... No need to throw coins away Wink

requester

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 01:52:41 PM

you can plan to introduce bitcoin with your family on a special occasion by gifting each member few bitcoin in the form of QR code along with a user manual. then too can elaborate about the money in family gathering and advantages of bitcoin. they will really love it.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2016, 02:39:41 PM

I would suggest that you create online wallets for them with either Coinbase or Blockchain. From experience, explaining to non-techie people how Bitcoin works and asking them to download a special software to receive the Bitcoin is just too complicated. With an online account, they won't need to wait for the Blockchain to download every time, you just need to show them how to send and receive Bitcoin from their wallet and that's it.
I'm not sure what the smallest amount you can send from Coinbase but I imagine it would have to be 30k sats (around 20c) or above. Also, you don't pay any transaction fees when you send from your Coinbase wallet  Smiley
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 02:41:18 PM

i think it will be a good idea if they install bitcoin wallet in their android phone if they have and you can send bitcoin into their wallet. while you transfer, you can explain to your family and your friends about benefit of bitcoin. i don't know about paper wallet because i am not using it. i only use bitcoin wallet in my android phone.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2016, 03:19:09 PM

I think it's best to give them a paper wallet and show them how to get those coins on the Mycelium app or something like that.
It's an easy process and will look pretty cool to people who don't know about this kind of stuff.

But I would send like 0.01 or 0.02 BTC, something that they can actually spend.

arseaboy

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 03:24:59 PM

I would suggest that you create online wallets for them with either Coinbase or Blockchain. From experience, explaining to non-techie people how Bitcoin works and asking them to download a special software to receive the Bitcoin is just too complicated. With an online account, they won't need to wait for the Blockchain to download every time, you just need to show them how to send and receive Bitcoin from their wallet and that's it.
I'm not sure what the smallest amount you can send from Coinbase but I imagine it would have to be 30k sats (around 20c) or above. Also, you don't pay any transaction fees when you send from your Coinbase wallet  Smiley
i agree with you because i also try this once, i did introduce btc with my brother and i allow him to create our local btc wallet after explaiing how btc works and how to receive and send btc i gave him .01btc and allow him to try converting it with our on currency from then after he seen big possibility of investing with btc he immediately buy some of it and now we both enjoying little earnings especially because we both learn alt trading as well.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 03:31:08 PM

That is very nice of you. I suggest that you give them symbolic amount for the start that will not make much damage if they waist it (like 0.005 BTC) and you try to learn them everything they know, so this will make their start much easier.

malaj
Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 03:32:56 PM

I want to give the smallest practical amount of BTC to friends and family to introduce them to it.
Thank you.
technically you can send them any amount of btc, no matter how small. but the transaction fee is going to be around 0.0001 so it would only make sense for your transaction to be atleast bigger than that, otherwise you would be paying for to transact than the transaction is actually worth.
isen

Activity: 854

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 03:52:28 PM

If your friends and family members are already familiar with online payment processors like pay pal,payza etc a good option for them is to create an account on any online Bitcoin wallet that keeps no fees (Xapo or Coinbase for example) and then you can send them any amount you think it is enough for their introduction in Bitcoin.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 04:10:29 PM

this is a very good idea, just make sure that you know everything yourself so you can answer their questions easily.

there are a lot of ways, most popular one is to give away a paper wallet you made yourself. especially with a nice print and a short help on the back of it about how to spend the coins by sweeping the private key you give them.

Thank you.

the smallest amount (if i am not mistaken) is the dust amount which is around 5600 satoshi.
but you should give something away that has a real value like at least $1 anything lower than that is not even worth giving since they can not really do anything with it.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
MONKEYJUNK

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 06:36:50 PM

What they will do with that ammount? Just let it on the wallet?
Give bitcoins like as a xmas gift, so don't know, maybe they can buy some steam game or other thing like that...
andyste

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 06:41:15 PM

if you want give bitcoin to your friend or family
but your want send in small
you can try is use wallet , every send without fee you can try coinbase or xapo
Shibashi Dogemoto

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 06:43:45 PM

To send bitcoins to them you need to make sure that they are aware about bitcoins and they do have an bitcoin wallet and should know how to use it or else the amount that you will send will go in vain.
btcwhiskey

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 07:00:37 PM

Have them download blockchain.info on their phone and transfer a few mbtc to them.

Let's hope 2017 is better than 2016.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2016, 07:29:38 PM

Thank you.

In terms of BTC, I think you should gift them no less than BTC0.10. 1 tenth of a bitcoin is small, but enough to make people understand they have a fair portion of a full coin. If you give them something less it will feel insignificant. People using fiat aren't familiar working with or realizing the value of less than a tenth of basic denomination, e.g., no one sees value in having 7 cents, but a dime or more is something.

Now the challenge is that a tenth of a bitcoin is roughly $60 right now, not a cheap gift! But you could wow them with the amount of things they can buy with just a tenth of a bitcoin.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 07:38:13 PM

Thank you.

Its very simple just ask them to create a wallet, or crate one for them and give them access to the password and make them not change it yet until they are fully ready, so in case they abandon it then you can have access to it then make the transfer also dont forget to teach them how to spend or convert to Fiat because thasts equally important and also how make more to the Bitcoin they have already as a result of bonus because that's equally essential.
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 07:51:05 PM

You can load a virtual gift card with Bitcoin and send it to your family & friends. A lot of festive themes are available for the upcoming holidays. Website: http://www.bitgreet.com/

Also you could print out a festive Christmas Bitcoin paper wallet and give it to your relatives loaded with the amounts you like.
Website:  https://bitcoinpaperwallet.com/bitcoinpaperwallet/generate-wallet.html?design=holiday

Printable Bitcoin tips : https://www.bctip.org/en/

Just do a Google search for more entries  Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: