Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:28:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Unlimited 4G LTE Data Smartphone/Hotspot Forever- It's.....Magicphone!  (Read 14746 times)
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 03:34:59 PM

I purchased a phone from Magicphone with OGNasty serving as an escrow agent. They cut me a deal in exchange for taking a less desirable phone model (I don't care, I'm using it as a hotspot).

I'll come back and edit this post in the future with my overall impression, but for now I will say that Magicphone is quick to respond to questions, and pretty professional. I asked a dozen or so questions, and got responses back pretty quickly. No problems with setting up escrow, and nothing so far that would lead me to believe that Magicphone is a scammer. I'll update this post when I have the phone in hand.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
magicphone (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 04:25:19 PM

Would you consider selling this as a guide if i got my own phone & sim?

It would only work with a specific series of phones that are no discontinued, they are very hard to find.  I would not consider releasing a guide anyway.
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2728
Merit: 1181

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 05:02:37 PM

I purchased a phone from Magicphone with OGNasty serving as an escrow agent. They cut me a deal in exchange for taking a less desirable phone model (I don't care, I'm using it as a hotspot).

I'll come back and edit this post in the future with my overall impression, but for now I will say that Magicphone is quick to respond to questions, and pretty professional. I asked a dozen or so questions, and got responses back pretty quickly. No problems with setting up escrow, and nothing so far that would lead me to believe that Magicphone is a scammer. I'll update this post when I have the phone in hand.

How will you know when to release escrow, as in if a week later it doesn't work?

thanks!

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 05:16:43 PM

How will you know when to release escrow, as in if a week later it doesn't work?

thanks!

I will have escrow released as soon as I open the package and see that the phone is working as it should. The OP said it should continue to work as it has, but of course there are no guarantees for the future. I had that in mind when purchasing, and it was a risk I was willing to take. If it doesnt work a week later, that would be on me. However, I do have every reason to believe that it will continue to work based on information that I have gathered.

I will only be able to provide my impression at the time of receiving the phone. I'd be happy to come back and revisit the thread in a month, two months, three months, etc, but if it arrives and works as expected to, the OP has fulfilled their part of the deal.
magicphone (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 07:55:34 PM

thanks!

I will have escrow released as soon as I open the package and see that the phone is working as it should. The OP said it should continue to work as it has, but of course there are no guarantees for the future. I had that in mind when purchasing, and it was a risk I was willing to take. If it doesnt work a week later, that would be on me. However, I do have every reason to believe that it will continue to work based on information that I have gathered.

I will only be able to provide my impression at the time of receiving the phone. I'd be happy to come back and revisit the thread in a month, two months, three months, etc, but if it arrives and works as expected to, the OP has fulfilled their part of the deal.

If the phone doesnt work a week later, a refund would be issued immediately.  I will be honoring up to a one year warranty should the phone not work, because that's how confident I am at having it last forever.

SaltySpitoon, I ask that before you leave any sort of review, try to use as much data as possible, whether it be downloading torrents, or larger files, just to show everyone that it really is unlimited.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 08:03:28 PM

If the phone doesnt work a week later, a refund would be issued immediately.  I will be honoring up to a one year warranty should the phone not work, because that's how confident I am at having it last forever.

SaltySpitoon, I ask that before you leave any sort of review, try to use as much data as possible, whether it be downloading torrents, or larger files, just to show everyone that it really is unlimited.

The warranty is appreciated. I'll do some damage on the data, don't you worry about that.  Grin
jacobreed222

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 09:15:28 PM

Would you consider doing this remotely to my Galaxy Core Prime?
magicphone (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 10:41:16 PM

Replied via PM.
jacobreed222

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 11:00:20 PM

Replied via PM.

Thanks. Does this include roaming on Verizon by any chance?
magicphone (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 06:40:40 AM

Replied via PM.

Thanks. Does this include roaming on Verizon by any chance?

Responded again privately, but for anyone else wondering, sometimes if no other towers are near for this specific carrier, it has capabilities to roam on the Verizon network, but this is very rare.
magicphone (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 05:17:05 PM

Bumpity bump
magicphone (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 03:45:10 AM

tuesday bump
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 04:57:01 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2016, 05:54:11 PM by SaltySpitoon

Received my phone today, all set up as promised and ready to go out of the package. At Magicphone's request, I'm going to put it through streaming/torrenting hell, so I can use a bunch of data, and then I'll write the review for it tomorrow morning.
efx

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 05:03:06 PM

Very unique offering  Smiley, sending PM.
magicphone (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 07:21:08 PM

Received my phone today, all set up as promised and ready to go out of the package. At Magicphone's request, I'm going to put it through streaming/torrenting hell, so I can use a bunch of data, and then I'll write the review for it tomorrow morning.

Yes please report back here once you've used a crap-load of data, haha, thanks again for the purchase and I hope you enjoy it!
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 10:50:48 PM

Does this phone works only on U.S.A or it works also in Europe, mostly here are GSM so don't know if Sprint phones are supported here, have you shipped any phone in europe and got any feedback if it works or not?

The only other country outside the US that it works in is the UK.  It achieves Roaming status when in the UK, but is still able to connect to 4G LTE without any issues.

Would it be possible for you to get also unlimited 3G/4G for Europe GSM. I'm excited to see the SaltySpitoon review since nobody wrote a review yet. I know that it was possible for unlimited data with Verizon or T-mobile (not sure which one) but that was patched fast.
magicphone (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 11:38:15 PM

Does this phone works only on U.S.A or it works also in Europe, mostly here are GSM so don't know if Sprint phones are supported here, have you shipped any phone in europe and got any feedback if it works or not?

The only other country outside the US that it works in is the UK.  It achieves Roaming status when in the UK, but is still able to connect to 4G LTE without any issues.

Would it be possible for you to get also unlimited 3G/4G for Europe GSM. I'm excited to see the SaltySpitoon review since nobody wrote a review yet. I know that it was possible for unlimited data with Verizon or T-mobile (not sure which one) but that was patched fast.

Unfortunately it would most likely need to have CDMA coverage.  It roams in the United Kingdom so anything may be possible.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 02:13:51 AM

So heres my review of day 1 with my magicphone hotspot. I'd wait and review it later, but given its current performance, I don't have much reason to believe that it will suddenly limit the data. That and I had 15 HD video streams going trying to suck up as much data as possible, but it just made my house hot instead.

Full disclosure, I was not willing to shell out the full $430 asking price for something I was taking a gamble on, the gamble being that it will continue to work into the future. Magicphone offered me a cheaper less desirable phone model in exchange for a break in the price. I'm just using it as a hotspot, so I didn't especially care. I asked a lot of questions, and found all answers satisfactory. There was no hesitation to use escrow, so we did through OGNasty. I received the phone today, two days after ordering it. I turned it on, and it was all set up already with the stock calling and texting app disabled to prevent an accidental lock of service. On the front page was a shortcut to the USB Tethering and Hotspot settings. I turned it on, changed the SSID and Wep, and was using it within a minute or so. Using an internet speed test, I clocked it at around 12mb/s though I assume thats highly dependent on the area and signal strength. I figured I'd test out the unlimited data usage, and streamed 5Gb worth of movies before turning off my computer because I was getting hot. Strange fall weather.

I can't see the future, so I can't really say for certain that it wont stop working at some point in the future, but every claim that Magicphone has made for certain to this point has been true, so I don't see much reason to doubt them now. I'm satisfied with the phone, and I'd say to anyone who is interested, shoot Magicphone a pm and ask any questions you have, its worth the time anyway.
magicphone (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 05:00:28 PM

So heres my review of day 1 with my magicphone hotspot. I'd wait and review it later, but given its current performance, I don't have much reason to believe that it will suddenly limit the data. That and I had 15 HD video streams going trying to suck up as much data as possible, but it just made my house hot instead.

Full disclosure, I was not willing to shell out the full $430 asking price for something I was taking a gamble on, the gamble being that it will continue to work into the future. Magicphone offered me a cheaper less desirable phone model in exchange for a break in the price. I'm just using it as a hotspot, so I didn't especially care. I asked a lot of questions, and found all answers satisfactory. There was no hesitation to use escrow, so we did through OGNasty. I received the phone today, two days after ordering it. I turned it on, and it was all set up already with the stock calling and texting app disabled to prevent an accidental lock of service. On the front page was a shortcut to the USB Tethering and Hotspot settings. I turned it on, changed the SSID and Wep, and was using it within a minute or so. Using an internet speed test, I clocked it at around 12mb/s though I assume thats highly dependent on the area and signal strength. I figured I'd test out the unlimited data usage, and streamed 5Gb worth of movies before turning off my computer because I was getting hot. Strange fall weather.

I can't see the future, so I can't really say for certain that it wont stop working at some point in the future, but every claim that Magicphone has made for certain to this point has been true, so I don't see much reason to doubt them now. I'm satisfied with the phone, and I'd say to anyone who is interested, shoot Magicphone a pm and ask any questions you have, its worth the time anyway.

Thank you for the fantastic review Salty, I hope you enjoy all that sweet sweet data!
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2728
Merit: 1181

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 07:47:04 PM

looking forward to my phone, and will leave a review as well once it arrives and i run it through the ringer Smiley

thanks!

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: