Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:41:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Collection Thread] Series and films in which Bitcoin (or Altcoins) appear  (Read 25206 times)
moriskarlov

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 09:12:38 PM

I do not remember what episode it was, but it "Almost Human" tv series. It mentions physical Bitcoin Wallet
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
edbitko

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 09:15:13 PM

I haven't watched any series or films in which bitcoin appeared but I'm quite excited to have read about such series and films in your post. Thanks for sharing
DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 09:18:49 PM

I do not remember what episode it was, but it "Almost Human" tv series. It mentions physical Bitcoin Wallet

'Almost Human' is one of my favorite sci-fi shows of all time. Too bad they cancelled it because it had great potential and they should have kept developing the story. Such a gem of a TV show gone to waste. Anyways if someone is interested to see the Bitcoin reference featured in the show it was a Bitcoin wallet stick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8LqlMzEe-I

Priam

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 09:27:11 PM

There's Deapool, as from what people are saying. Though I did not verified it myself in spite of having watched the movie three times especially for that purpose, I believe it considering how many people told it.
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 11:42:26 AM

Since many are interested in the Bitcoin mentions in Mr. Robot, I've picked out a scene on Youtube.

Mr Robot - character wanting Ecoin to take over Bitcoin before it's too late S2E11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPPjZ7TbmgE

Unfortunately, I could not find scenes for further mentions and where Bitcoin sign is shown.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 11:50:50 AM

Since many are interested in the Bitcoin mentions in Mr. Robot, I've picked out a scene on Youtube.

Mr Robot - character wanting Ecoin to take over Bitcoin before it's too late S2E11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPPjZ7TbmgE

Unfortunately, I could not find scenes for further mentions and where Bitcoin sign is shown.
in the last 10 episodes this tv show really accentuate cryptocurrency as main plot , everything always related to cryptocurrency. love this tv show so much every time they mentioning bitcoin. btw someone have cut the scen where bitcoin mentioned in several movies/tv series i just don't remember where it is.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
tyz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 03:11:36 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2016, 07:06:52 PM by tyz

I just found the brand new series "StartUp" by coincidence about a female programmer who invented a crypto currency called Gencoin. This somehow reminds me of Satoshi. In any case, Bitcoin is also mentioned when she is speaking with investors.
The first episode of the first season was aired recently. The first episode was really promising.

Here is the trailer of the first season.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6txTQnEPnU
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2016, 06:24:33 PM

i think there was a similar thread, not that i can find it though.

the only Movie that i have seen bitcoin feature in it so much like in being the main story was called "Dope" it is a 2015 movie where a teenager used bitcoin to sell drugs anonymously online and get out of his neighborhood Smiley

p.s. is Mr Robot any good, i keep hearing about it?

Mr. Robot is really good it's about a hacker who wants to change the world. The cinematography, actors, and concepts are good. They show real codes that are used for hacking/programming. Things that are possible in real life can happen.

Yea, bitcoin has been mentioned in the series

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
ivanpoldark

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 06:35:39 PM

'Almost Human' is one of my favorite sci-fi shows of all time. Too bad they cancelled it because it had great potential and they should have kept developing the story. Such a gem of a TV show gone to waste. Anyways if someone is interested to see the Bitcoin reference featured in the show it was a Bitcoin wallet stick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8LqlMzEe-I

Thank you, Brother, it was a really good scene.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 09:30:44 PM

Most of these films/series mentioned bitcoin as a "high tech, difficult to understand" form of money. Good advertisement but also may make people think that it is just a myth and it is something that "may" happen in the future.
MONKEYJUNK

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 02:31:59 AM

From mainstream series and films? I think just Mr. Robot, a series in front of their time with an perfect production and writting...

It was a shock to see the "we accept bitcoin" posters in the series however I think no-bitcoin people don't recognise those details.

edit: can Elliot be Satoshi Nakamoto?  Roll Eyes
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 04:04:28 AM

p.s. is Mr Robot any good, i keep hearing about it?

I love the first season and the concept behind the series. The second season unfortunately can not keep up with the first. It focuses more on the main character instead of further story. I was a bit disappointed. But still very worth seeing and recommended.
I had watched few episodes of Mr. Robot, nice film and concept of hackers and the main  character looks so good with his social interaction problem. I've watched some film and documentaries that mentions about bitcoin as anonymous payment, it quite good introduce and explanation about bitcoin and could attract people to learn more about it.
prabowo96

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

it's showtime

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 05:16:19 AM

It's not a movie or filme but I remember when I listened to Gramatik sound called Satoshi Nakamoto talking about the cryptocurrency and it's a great sound btw...

"I never take a break
That shit is too commercial"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAwC0swp96I

crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2016, 05:41:14 AM

I've seen some and saw some documentaries on youtube.

Life On Bitcoin - A Documentary Film

Life Inside a Secret Chinese Bitcoin Mine

for me this was very good

Bitcoin Documentary - The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin

and this

Good Bye Money Welcome Bitcoin Full Documentary-2016

Mr robot is crazy, I mean, that guy is crazy. In the early episodes of the series I thought he was talking to his father and then find that he spoke alone. Shocked Shocked Shocked

I will try to look up these documentaries you posted. I hope it would also be a lecture for me, so I can learn more about Bitcoin.

I agree with Mr. Robot. I was really surprised that he was both his own self and his dad. I guessed that that was his dad. It turned out right, but one thing that I wasn't certain was, he is really dead. I thought he was still alive. Oh no spoiler alert  Roll Eyes Shocked

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
tyz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 10:46:41 AM

From mainstream series and films? I think just Mr. Robot, a series in front of their time with an perfect production and writting...

It was a shock to see the "we accept bitcoin" posters in the series however I think no-bitcoin people don't recognise those details.

edit: can Elliot be Satoshi Nakamoto?  Roll Eyes

Interesting question. I've seen both seasons, but I did not get such a thought, although it might be possible. The character of Elliot could also be that of Satoshi. Both seem rather selfless, fight against monopolies, high talented and want to give the world something. In addition, the personalities of both are hard to grasp.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 11:44:27 AM

As far as i can remember the movie called "Dope" uses the term bitcoin. In that movie the main characters are just a school guys who are invited in a party by their drug dealer friend and somehow the police raids the party and the drug dealer passes/put the drugs on the back pack of the school boy and then they decided to sell it on black market and accepts bitcoin as a payment.
doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 12:41:30 PM

I did not know about this series before you posted it. I found an online stream. Really cool story and a must watch for every crypto enthusiast.
I really hope they will produce and broadcast a second season.

The production company has even set up a real website for the coin including the actors and actresses. It is available on http://gencoin.io

I just found the brand new series "StartUp" by coincidence about a female programmer who invented a crypto currency called Gencoin. This somehow reminds me of Satoshi. In any case, Bitcoin is also mentioned when she is speaking with investors.
The first episode of the first season was aired recently. The first episode was really promising.

Here is the trailer of the first season.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6txTQnEPnU

JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 07:53:14 PM

I am not sure exactly the serious name but i think ot was "community" the one guys speaks about how he believes in bitcoin but is not quite yet ready to make the switch and he needs more time.

I thought it was cool to have bitcoin mentioned st the same time I went to watch this with my brother. Funny how things work that way. I dont even watch it only sometimes a bit when he does and boom bitcoin appears. ^^ Nice !
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2016, 10:32:48 PM

Enjoyable thread.  Here's my contribution to it.  There's an episode about the "Silk Road" on American Greed.  I just watched it last night, but it's been around for awhile: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4vjrlb  The Silk Road episode starts a minute or two into the clip because the previous episode is still winding down in the clip.
shamzblueworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2016, 04:29:22 AM

It also appeared on The Blacklist, I think it was episode 22 of last season. When a transaction/trade was made using bitcoin. I think at that moment I thought of joining bitcoin and I did afterwards.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: