Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:24:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Crypto Imperator "Anniversary" coin 2 Troy Oz. .999 Fine silver  (Read 2021 times)
CryptoImperator (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1312

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 09:52:55 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2016, 04:17:18 PM by CryptoImperator

Crypto Imperator is pleased to present its latest creation, a coin that has been kept as a secret since its inception, minted to commemorate 2 years together; here is the:

2 Oz. Silver 0.5 BTC Crypto Imperator Anniversary coin

Specs:

- 50mm diameter
- Limited to 10 coins
- Using our new hologram
- 0.5 BTC Denomination
- 2 Troy Oz .999 Fine silver
- Really limited distribution

The coin is not numbered, why? All of our limited edition coins have been numbered, and the first numbers have sold really really quickly, so in this case there is not a coin more valuable than another due to its serial number.

We are celebrating 2 years together, and this being a not numbered series makes it even more special.

Why not a picture of the back?

It showcases our new hologram, and it won't be shown publicly until the Gold coin is released (later this year)

9/10 of the coins are already sold and shipped. There is one left that will be auctioned in the following days, so stay tuned!

Original price was 450$ + 0.5 BTC for funding (shipping included).

I will not PM you with other accounts, double check via mail or Twitter that you are dealing with the correct account. Be careful, I will not send you any links.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 11:41:52 PM

Love the clean and elegant design!
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 11:58:40 AM

I have to agree with Minerjones. Many of us have supported your brand since the beginning. I have bought pretty much every coin (including error coins). The Super BTC was offered to 25 regular customers (before making them available for the public). Why not thank all of those customers by offering them this coin? With the Super BTC we paid for the coin without even seeing a design. That shows quite a bit of trust from your customers. I am  pretty disappointed that you are ignoring a fair share of your 'regulars' by offering only 10 of these. For that reason I'll pass on this auction.
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 08:04:02 PM

waw !  Cool  this coin is just beautiful !  i really love the design ..

congratulations   Wink
bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 04:11:03 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2016, 04:21:45 AM by bithalo

9/10 of the coins have been offered to previous notable customers, privately, and are are already sold and shipped. There is one left that will be auctioned in the following days, so stay tuned!

Original price was 450$ + 0.5 BTC for funding (shipping included).

Guess I wasn't notable either.  Feels like a slap in the face that only the elite gold-owners need apply.

I'm fine with a gold coin limited to 10, since not everyone will be able to afford the markup and spot price of Gold, but it would have been nice to be given a chance to preorder this, especially for those others who supported CI from the beginning.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
bitenvy

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 05:00:41 AM

So, "we" have been together but no one here got one.   Roll Eyes   Huh  No one here is notable enough from the looks of it.  Not bidding.  Thanks for sharing something I couldn't even buy... I guess.    Undecided
CryptoImperator (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2016, 04:15:45 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2016, 07:22:21 PM by CryptoImperator

Sorry for locking the thread, I burnt my hands and could not write (for real, don't play with liquid nitrogen, its same as fire on skin), so best option was to lock it and explain later.

First of all, from Crypto Imperator, we would like to apologize to all customers who have felt offended, disrespected or betrayed by how the sale of these coins has been managed on our end.

We feel that having a good and close relationship with customers is the basis for us to be able to deliver top quality products, and we would hate to have that relationship broken by an error on our part, so we accept the responsibility, and if you feel that not participating on the auction is the right thing to do its perfectly fair. Having seen the overall reaction, we can assure that this will be handled different in the future.

Thanks for understanding, we are looking forward to deliver more awesome coins on this forum Smiley

Kind regards,

The Crypto Imperator Team

I will not PM you with other accounts, double check via mail or Twitter that you are dealing with the correct account. Be careful, I will not send you any links.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2016, 11:11:26 AM

Where is the list of the 9 people that *got* offered and *bought* these coins? I'm pretty sure that not all of them want to remain private, so might as well let us know (otherwise the story can't be verified at all).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 11:43:19 AM

I got one and it arrived safe and sound.

monkeynuts
Legendary

Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 12:16:28 PM

Where is the list of the 9 people that *got* offered and *bought* these coins? I'm pretty sure that not all of them want to remain private, so might as well let us know (otherwise the story can't be verified at all).

I am one, it landed here last week. Story is as described. Individual PMs sent, so I dont have a list of any other buyers.

I dont know the criteria used to select the lucky few. I feel Halo may be on the right lines with the gold coin. I am assuming those that have got at least one of each coin that has come before (including the goldie) were asked. But I dont know (I just know my own purchase history with CI).

Please dont be down on CI. This was well intentioned. But I know there are many not seeing it that way. This was just a misjudgement, nothing more.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2016, 12:27:13 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2016, 09:54:06 PM by Lauda

Please dont be down on CI. This was well intentioned.
Asking an absurd premium ($450 for 2 oz), and making only a single coin available to the collectors is "well intention"?

But I know there are many not seeing it that way. This was just a misjudgement, nothing more.
Update: Okay, I'm out of this thread completely. There have been so many fallacies, such as classic ad hominem (to specialized forms such as poisoning the well), false assumptions, hasty generalizations, straw man arguments and so on (not to mention the false knowledge regarding the trust system). This is really intelligence damaging. That said, I'm looking forward to see how CI will make up for this *misjudgment*.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
defcon23
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 02:01:48 PM

Lol ... I was meaning we are still in a free market .. Bitcoin was never intended for this kind of attitude...
this will become communism, or what ?
apparently, few users think to have the right to judge... pathetic...

Lauda want a list .. LOL why ? would you feel better once you have names ? LOL  even if you has a chance to buy one , I 'm pretty sure you won't do it...  in what are you concerned by "the list of people who got the chance to get one ? )

I really hate this "Burn the witch" feeling .

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2016, 02:37:11 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2016, 02:47:47 PM by Blazed

This is ridiculous, to say the least. If CI wants to release 10 coins then what is the issue? Since when do buyers dictate what the sellers do? I agree it was a pretty silly move and pissed off his future buyers...

edit: I just feel like people are overreacting here
CryptoImperator (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2016, 02:58:43 PM

“Years of love have been forgot, In the hatred of a minute.”
Edgar Allan Poe

- More than two years since the first coin was released
- 1.170 Coins minted (10 more on the way)
- 7 series, four in Silver and one in gold (another on the way)
- 2 different holograms
- 150+ customers

Very sad to see that after all that, there is such an aggressive feeling towards Crypto Imperator, we try our best to make customers happy. We admit our error, but reading some of the messages on the thread kills our illusion to continue to deliver coins to the community.

We were not expecting such amount of grief to occur from this incident.

@minerjones

Sad to see that our good relationship has been broken this way, it was a pleasure collaborating with you as coin receptor and raffles.
As you know, this is not the first, but third time we've privately offered coins to previous customers, the variables we use to determine the offerings are different every time, and take a lot of data into account. Not the first 10 customers as you say.
Would your reaction had been the same if we had offered you a coin?

Quick money grab, why? Our interest is to maintain a long relationship with customers  Making more coins is always much more profitable when running the numbers.

Buying back the 9 coins is not a feasible option, as current buyers would be on their right not to accept it, it would end up making everyone unhappy.

@Lauda
Why doubting 9 of the coins have been sold? We can't publish the list of buyers for privacy reasons, if a buyer wants to say he has bought the coin (as it already happened, its up to him). What we would do, is publish the public BTC address of the 10 coins.
We are on a free market, if you feel that our price is excessively high, you are completely free not to buy from us.

As said on our previous message, we are sorry, and measures will be taken for any future coin launch we make.

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes."
Oscar Wilde

Regarding "The Coin Council", we have no idea what that is about, so any info would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Hellot

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 02:59:33 PM

I agree with Blazed.  You really can't hold someones feet to the fire for things they didn't say or haven't promised.  

For the record I bought a gold doge and I was not offered one of these coins nor am I offended.   Smiley
defcon23
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 03:26:06 PM

This is ridiculous, to say the least. If CI wants to release 10 coins then what is the issue? Since when do buyers dictate what the sellers do? I agree it was a pretty silly move and pissed off his future buyers...

edit: I just feel like people are overreacting here
Nobody is dictating anything. You are free to put a turd on a 2 oz of silver, and ask $500 for it. This, however, does not mean that you are *protected* from the opinions of past/future buyers or general population.

I am sorry to inform you but it is YOU that is not in The Coin Council (the true Coin Council).
I didn't see anyone elect you into the CC either.

Short reply to CI post:
Minerjones mentioned "Money grab" - because you're asking $450 for 2 oz of silver. People do not just *feel* that the premium is absurd; it is absurd. Small note: Relying on past work as protection from criticism is a logical fallacy.

this is NOT your problem Lauda..  you're NOT btctlk god. Wink

Regarding "The Coin Council", we have no idea what that is about, so any info would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

it's just NOTHING,  CI ... just a group a teenager who think they will make a sort of new "order" , and decided who have the right  to sell things on this forum , and who have not this right ...
I have tonnes of logs to give you , from IRC  where you will read and judge for yourself Wink

I agree with Blazed.  You really can't hold someones feet to the fire for things they didn't say or haven't promised.  

For the record I bought a gold doge and I was not offered one of these coins nor am I offended.   Smiley

+ 1
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 04:30:27 PM

Something to consider is that since only 10 coins were made, the cost of having the dies made and design fees are only split between 10 coins rather than that of a larger batch.

20 Oz of silver + Minting charge ~ $450
Dies ~ $500
Paying whoever designed the coin ~ ?$
Shipping
Premium added

Total cost/10 makes them expensive to begin with. The market being exactly what it is, its not a huge deal that you were willing to find someone uhh... gullible enough to pay $450. But the stealth sale to premium customers, as you have seen from others comments was probably not the greatest move. Perhaps next time, if you want to give premium customers a perk without getting the masses up in arms with their pitch forks, maybe tell them about the coins before they come out or maybe offer them priority pick of which they want, but saying "Hey look at what I made, you can't have any" is kind of meh.

Not that I don't understand, if I had to take a guess, I'd say this limited batch of premium coins was your way of covering the expenses of having the new holograms made. I just got quoted $5k for the ones I'm trying to design.
defcon23
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 05:38:37 PM

Definitely a bad move considering the amount of people in here, and those that buy CI *regularly* (which also limits the total number then).

why a bad move ? cause  you were not ( and few others) counted  in these  "premium or much valuables " customers ?

Which would make this even worse; could have just come straight in the first place. Just my 2 cents.

once again... this is only based on your false opinion. why dont you talk only about you what know ( or even be sure about.. )
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1072

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 06:42:15 PM

I was offered one and it looks like a nice coin, but I decided against it due to price / funding requirements.  Crypto Imperator can create/sell their coins any way they would like and I was appreciative that I received an offer for one via PM.

defcon23
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 06:43:59 PM

I was offered one and it looks like a nice coin, but I decided against it due to price / funding requirements.  Crypto Imperator can create/sell their coins any way they would like and I was appreciative that I received an offer for one via PM.
at least,  here's a polite and normal way to tell it... much appreciated..
Thanx for this .....       .....       digicoinuser........ Wink
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: