Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:44:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Girlbtc.com is copying my work [resolved]  (Read 2108 times)
Lutpin (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 10:35:27 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2016, 05:13:43 PM by Lutpin

What happened:: Long story short, I have just discovered that the user girlbtc.com is ripping off my work for their signature campaign.

Scammers Profile Link: girlbtc.com

Reference Link: Here is my signature campaign started 2nd October
And here is their signature campaign started just today (http://archive.is/ydHEJ).
Amount Scammed: Hard to put numbers to intellectual property, but this is about principles.
Payment Method/Proof of Payment/PM/Chat Logs:: None.
Additional Notes: Comparison

Update: girl btc and I were abled to find a solution that works for both sides. While the initial situation didn't change, I'm OK with the outcome as of now and won't hold it against them, hence I removed my rating.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oksana28

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 10:38:04 AM

I pinged them that they should not do so , may be they want to get exempted from paying for signature design , but it is really not a good courtesy.
It is something called plagiarizing..
girlbtc.com

Activity: 252

girlbtc.com

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 12:01:43 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1651437.msg16591838#msg16591838

Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 2216

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 10:37:38 PM

While I agree that Girlbtc.com has copied your work, this would be better suited to be put into the Reputation thread, not the scam, unless you are making the allegation that GirlBTC.com is scamming users?

I can't recall off the top of my head where I've seen it recently, but other UID's have used other UID's works as templates for their own and attributed the original work which GirlBTC.com hasn't done.

Because you are on the DT, your red flag has been copy-catted by others, which I guess you are ok with / what you set out to achieve - copying of your work.

As with any "scam accusation", the obvious question is "Did you contact this person first?"  Are there any screen shots / text of these conversations?  Did GirlBTC.com make an admission of copying your work?

When you say intellectual property, how did you create your own work?

If you review this trust wall https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=663403 you will see both myself and -Oxygen u=877812 have left neutral trust on their trust wall for what can only truly be described as "PLAGIARISM" - I can do the same here - that is to say leave neutral trust for plagiarism, if you like?

Thanks for reading.

Lutpin (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2016, 10:52:59 PM

While I agree that Girlbtc.com has copied your work, this would be better suited to be put into the Reputation thread, not the scam, unless you are making the allegation that GirlBTC.com is scamming users?
I usually get paid for my work as a campaign manager. Taking it, or parts of it, without compensating me for that is a scam in my book, as it's causing me financial damage.

I can't recall off the top of my head where I've seen it recently, but other UID's have used other UID's works as templates for their own and attributed the original work which GirlBTC.com hasn't done.
There's a thin line between inspiration and plagiarism, which we often see in copyright law. This case however is more than clear.
The user didn't select my thread as a template, they copied 99% of it.

Because you are on the DT, your red flag has been copy-catted by others, which I guess you are ok with / what you set out to achieve - copying of your work.
I'm not on DT to make money, it is however one of the reasons why I manage campaigns.
If someone backs up one of my feedbacks, that is supporting my point, hence helping. Copying my threads is not, it's damaging. There's the difference.

As with any "scam accusation", the obvious question is "Did you contact this person first?"  Are there any screen shots / text of these conversations?  Did GirlBTC.com make an admission of copying your work?
They tried to buy their way out of the situation with leaving me a positive feedback, at which point I decided to not pursue any further PM contact with the user.
"You are a professianal Signature Compain Manager, who make the details clear enough, that's why I choose and copy you , I just put a positive trust on you."

When you say intellectual property, how did you create your own work?
With a keyboard, cherry MX red switches and my 10 finger. Need a picture?

I can do the same here - that is to say leave neutral trust for plagiarism, if you like?
Leave trust up to your own standards.
I described the situation and whether you want to a feedback for it, and what sort of feedback it is, should be up to you.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
girlbtc.com

girlbtc.com

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2016, 01:18:35 AM

Thanks Timelord2067

you have said what I want to say

and to Lutpin

1.I am not going to disagree with you , that I did copy your thread and made a campaign.  because at that time , I think all campaigns are the same , there are no copyright. And the purpose of the campaign is to make the forum active.

2. ok, you are still thinking of copyright or something called plagiarism.  Ok I am sorry for what I have done, and immediately PMed you for solutions. you ignored all my PMs and opened this  Scam Accusations, which put me in a  bad situation.

3.I changed the Signature Design,and also  locked the old thread  ,started a new thread with nothing similar to you  almost immediately to show that I am positive and friendly  to  make this accident down.  also leaved a positive trust on you to mark your are a good Signature Campaign Manager.

I did all I can do to show that I am friendly and no offence to your great work.

However leaving or not leaving the neg trust is your right.

Best wishes

actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2016, 03:30:26 AM

1.I am not going to disagree with you , that I did copy your thread and made a campaign.  because at that time , I think all campaigns are the same , there are no copyright. And the purpose of the campaign is to make the forum active.

Is plagiarism ever okay? You may have thought that all campaigns were the same, but then why wouldn't you bother checking other campaigns? Or perhaps creating your own, with inspiration from Lutpin's layout?

3.I changed the Signature Design,and also  locked the old thread  ,started a new thread with nothing similar to youalmost immediately to show that I am positive and friendly  to  make this accident down.  also leaved a positive trust on you to mark your are a good Signature Campaign Manager.
Your new thread still has essentially the same things on it. Changing a few words here and there doesn't mean it's not plagiarism. You pretty much just removed centering and changed about 20 words, along with some of the text in the signature. I can't copy someone's essay, go into thesaurus.com and switch up a couple of words to state that it is my own. Also, leaving a positive trust has no purpose whatsoever.

About plagiarism: it doesn't matter if you apologized or PMed for solutions - it doesn't change the fact that you did it. And I would like to think that most people understand that copying work is not okay. At all.

Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 2216

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 11:12:28 AM

Make no mistake girlbtc.com - I am not on your side.  I simply wanted to say something and so I have.

margon3

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 01:39:21 PM

well lutpin is right but I think for copying and now that he has apologized I dont see a reason why you want to keep the red trust still

Moreover I see you are against site owners ( gambling ) is it because you just want to down others sites for the rise of cryto-games ?

Anyhow I dont think he deserves a redtrust mate.
girlbtc.com

girlbtc.com

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2016, 04:22:05 PM

Dear Lutpin,
I made a mistake by opening a signature campaign with pretty similar assets that you made.
I didn't made any money or generated any profit from your signature. I was unaware of plagiarism of reusing your OP contents and signature code. I will not repeat the same.
I'm sorry.
I am going to hire a manager to have complete different OP for my signature campiagn. Also will order appropriate new signature code.
I will remove all contents wherever I have used your assets.
Kind regards,
girlbtc.com

edit:  our campaign now , you can check
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1651598.0

mriulian

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 06:16:22 PM

At a moment at my life i had an website matesgate.biz

After some months a guy copied my payment sistem that 6 years ago was kind of unic on all the internet...

That guy send some good emails and my site was down for 1 month.

So yeah. fuck it copy/paste.

if you want to do something good, do it with your mind Cheesy
Gunthar

Activity: 1498
Merit: 614

Liable for what i say, not for what you understand

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2016, 06:51:38 PM

if you only asked Lutpin if you could use his (very well written) infos...he would have surely helped you to inplement your campaign...the problem here is not being sorry...the problem is the mental "starting point". It makes the difference! So if i was Lutpin i woudnt remove his red either if you "say" you are sorry.

▄██▀ ▄█████▄
     ▄██▀ ▄███▀ ▐███▄
   ▄██▀ ▄███▀    █████▄
 ▄██▀ ▄███▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄
██▀ ▄███▀    ▄██▀      ▀██▄
██ ███▀    ▄██▀    █▄    ███
██ ███    ███    ▄███    ███
██ ███▄    ▀███▄███▀     ███
██▄ ▀███▄    ▀███▀    ▄███▀
 ▀██▄ ▀███▄         ▄███▀
   ▀██▄ ▀███▄     ▄███▀
     ▀██▄ ▀███▄ ▄███▀
       ▀██▄ ▀█████▀
████
████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████
████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
         ▄█████▄ ▀██▄
       ▄███▀ ▐███▄ ▀██▄
     ▄███▀    █████▄ ▀██▄
   ▄███▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄ ▀██▄
 ▄███▀    ▄██▀      ▀██▄ ▀██
███▀    ▄██▀    █▄    ███ ██
███    ███    ▄███    ███ ██
███▄    ▀███▄███▀    ▄███ ██
 ▀███▄    ▀███▀    ▄███▀ ▄██
   ▀███▄         ▄███▀ ▄██▀
     ▀███▄     ▄███▀ ▄██▀
       ▀███▄ ▄███▀ ▄██▀
         ▀█████▀ ▄██▀
mriulian

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 09:02:27 PM

if you only asked Lutpin if you could use his (very well written) infos...he would have surely helped you to inplement your campaign...the problem here is not being sorry...the problem is the mental "starting point". It makes the difference! So if i was Lutpin i woudnt remove his red either if you "say" you are sorry.

I can not be in Lutpin position but every person is learning from mistakes. A neutral I think it could be enough.

It will be interesting if at a moment bitcointalk to be connected to the bitcoin network and give some special fees for scammers and etc. Till that moment this is just a forum.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2016, 09:05:41 PM

It will be interesting if at a moment bitcointalk to be connected to the bitcoin network and give some special fees for scammers and etc.

You mean you want to centralize the bitcoin network?

1. That goes completely against the point of the decentralized network.
2. That can't even be enforced since scammers would just send the coins to some other address and continue scamming with new addresses. If you are to refute this by stating that the fees will carry on, then that can simply be abused by people to have others charged extra fees for no reason.

And at the end of it, you can't really say who's a scammer. Anything can be faked, and if this "idea" were to be implemented in whatever way, what's to stop people from using someone else's address and fake-scamming someone to increase their fees? Think about it for a second.

bdonlan

Activity: 221
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 12:20:32 AM

this is a very good example of trust abuse....
plagiarism means you can not trust people when it comes to deals?
I'm not condoning plagarism in any way but a neutral trust rating would of been more than enough. By the looks of things girlbtc runs a gambling game, now that reputation is tarnished because he used your work.
Maybe someone should negative DT you for condoning signature campaign spam, but creating a signature campaign design? That would be just as absurd as this scam thread.
mammabitcoin2u

Activity: 266

Don't follow the herd~make your own path

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 03:58:35 AM

Loan scammer crawl back to your rat hole POS  Roll Eyes

well lutpin is right but I think for copying and now that he has apologized I dont see a reason why you want to keep the red trust still

Moreover I see you are against site owners ( gambling ) is it because you just want to down others sites for the rise of cryto-games ?

Anyhow I dont think he deserves a redtrust mate.

Victim MY ASS  Roll Eyes that's just TYPICAL LAZY scammer talk  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes 

You copied someone's stuff without their permission/consent/without recognition.   Then have the nerve to be called a "victim"?? I haven't a clue why anyone would play at your site, let alone participate in promoting you geez people are that desperate
hell, they must be part of your "crew" no one can be that stupid.

plagiarism means you can not trust people when it comes to deals?
I'm not condoning plagarism in any way but a neutral trust rating would of been more than enough. By the looks of things girlbtc runs a gambling game, now that reputation is tarnished because he used your work.
Maybe someone should negative DT you for condoning signature campaign spam, but creating a signature campaign design? That would be just as absurd as this scam thread.

uhmmm.....

unlucky , I am the victim

Smiley

~Be Wise & Scrutinize Everything~~Scammers are like roaches squash 1 there's millions more hiding~I will NEVER ask for a loan~I got plenty of my own ~ BIGGEST lie to date said about me: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2046485.msg20429473#new
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 05:21:23 AM

From what I can tell, Girlbtc.com cultural norms that are generally accepted throughout the western world. It also appears that Girlbtc.com responds to negative situations in a way that is not generally socially accepted in much of the western world, however they appear to respond in a way that they think is acceptable.

From what I can see, once something is explained to girlbtc.com why something is wrong, and why a certain action will make this right, then they will do the right thing.

I agree that Girlbtc.com was copying the OP's thread, however I am unsure of the value of what was plagiarized. There is a sticky thread in auctions that gives a recommended format of how to create auction threads, and there is a very limited number of formatting options that SMF allows. Having a fixed number of spots in signature campaigns is not something that Lutpin came up with, and the specific rates that he is offering is not realistically proprietary. Having rules in a signature campaign is fairly standard, and the rules that Lutpin imposes in his thread are fairly standard -- I would argue that the specific rules are almost "standard language" and would not reasonably be considered intellectual property. The "form" that needs to be filled out in order to join a campaign is also fairly standard.

What is copied from Lutpin is the exact order of how all the relevant information is laid out, the improper use of the center formatting feature, and the number of spaces between sections.

In regards to financial harm does to Lutpin, if I were considering to hire someone to be a signature campaign manager, I don't think how a signature campaign manger designs his signature campaign threads would be on the list of qualifications I would consider.

Most importantly, it appears that Girlbtc.com has corrected the issue and their thread is no longer copying the OP's thread.
timesearch

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 06:06:43 AM

From what I can tell, Girlbtc.com cultural norms that are generally accepted throughout the western world. It also appears that Girlbtc.com responds to negative situations in a way that is not generally socially accepted in much of the western world, however they appear to respond in a way that they think is acceptable.

From what I can see, once something is explained to girlbtc.com why something is wrong, and why a certain action will make this right, then they will do the right thing.

I agree that Girlbtc.com was copying the OP's thread, however I am unsure of the value of what was plagiarized. There is a sticky thread in auctions that gives a recommended format of how to create auction threads, and there is a very limited number of formatting options that SMF allows. Having a fixed number of spots in signature campaigns is not something that Lutpin came up with, and the specific rates that he is offering is not realistically proprietary. Having rules in a signature campaign is fairly standard, and the rules that Lutpin imposes in his thread are fairly standard -- I would argue that the specific rules are almost "standard language" and would not reasonably be considered intellectual property. The "form" that needs to be filled out in order to join a campaign is also fairly standard.

What is copied from Lutpin is the exact order of how all the relevant information is laid out, the improper use of the center formatting feature, and the number of spaces between sections.

In regards to financial harm does to Lutpin, if I were considering to hire someone to be a signature campaign manager, I don't think how a signature campaign manger designs his signature campaign threads would be on the list of qualifications I would consider.

Most importantly, it appears that Girlbtc.com has corrected the issue and their thread is no longer copying the OP's thread.

+1

I think lutpin should move the neg . At least to normal .

Everyone make mistakes ,don't kill some good guy with your law.

Give them a chance ,may be someday not far from today, you will get understanding by someone else when you are in girlbtc 's situation
Gunthar

Activity: 1498
Merit: 614

Liable for what i say, not for what you understand

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 08:55:28 AM

I agree that Girlbtc.com was copying the OP's thread
~

The moment you use ctrl-c/ctrl-v and the awareness of doing so...says it all about your "trusthworty" attitude. There is no west/no east "norms" about that: you use ctrl-c/ctrl-v hence you must take your responsabilities of doing so.

To me the attitude "let's copy this and let's see if anyone complain" cant be forgiven only because it was thought like this "让我们复制此,让我们看看是否有人抱怨"

+1 to Lutpin, definitely.

▄██▀ ▄█████▄
     ▄██▀ ▄███▀ ▐███▄
   ▄██▀ ▄███▀    █████▄
 ▄██▀ ▄███▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄
██▀ ▄███▀    ▄██▀      ▀██▄
██ ███▀    ▄██▀    █▄    ███
██ ███    ███    ▄███    ███
██ ███▄    ▀███▄███▀     ███
██▄ ▀███▄    ▀███▀    ▄███▀
 ▀██▄ ▀███▄         ▄███▀
   ▀██▄ ▀███▄     ▄███▀
     ▀██▄ ▀███▄ ▄███▀
       ▀██▄ ▀█████▀
████
████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████
████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
         ▄█████▄ ▀██▄
       ▄███▀ ▐███▄ ▀██▄
     ▄███▀    █████▄ ▀██▄
   ▄███▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄ ▀██▄
 ▄███▀    ▄██▀      ▀██▄ ▀██
███▀    ▄██▀    █▄    ███ ██
███    ███    ▄███    ███ ██
███▄    ▀███▄███▀    ▄███ ██
 ▀███▄    ▀███▀    ▄███▀ ▄██
   ▀███▄         ▄███▀ ▄██▀
     ▀███▄     ▄███▀ ▄██▀
       ▀███▄ ▄███▀ ▄██▀
         ▀█████▀ ▄██▀
Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 11:27:54 AM

I agree that Girlbtc.com was copying the OP's thread
~

The moment you use ctrl-c/ctrl-v and the awareness of doing so...says it all about your "trusthworty" attitude. There is no west/no east "norms" about that: you use ctrl-c/ctrl-v hence you must take your responsabilities of doing so.

To me the attitude "let's copy this and let's see if anyone complain" cant be forgiven only because it was thought like this "让我们复制此,让我们看看是否有人抱怨"

+1 to Lutpin, definitely.
LOL for the Chinese proverb.

IMO, Copy and pasting other people's work without asking their permission first isn't a good attitude in any community but it's up to Lutpin to forgive or not.
I also think that the negative should be changed to neutral since they corrected it after it was pointed out.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: