Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:53:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: For The First Time In The History, You Can Vote On The BlockChain! [DATACOIN]  (Read 630 times)
sampei7777 (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2016, 10:56:20 AM

We did it...

http://www.bytestamp.net/vots/new

Thanks

ByteStamp
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2016, 11:50:22 AM

So how this things work? you just posted a link without any further explanation your thread looks like spam to me,is this a new crypto currency features or just an additional

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 12:09:06 PM

the old data coin?

kanazawa

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 03:35:33 PM

So how this things work? you just posted a link without any further explanation your thread looks like spam to me,is this a new crypto currency features or just an additional

That's right! Could you explain it better... Sorry, but I really don't understand well the system at all and I'm curious because I really like this content.

]░░░░░░▄▄███████████▄▄
░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██▄
░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
░░███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░█░░░░░░░█▀▀▀█░░░░░░░░░█░██
█▌░█░░░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░█░▐█
█▌░░█░░░░░░██▀▀▀░░░░░░░░█░░▐█
█▌░▄▄░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▐█
███▀░░░░░░░█░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░▀███
██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
░░░░▀██▄▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄▄██▀
░░░░░░░▀▀███████████▀▀

]░░░░░░▄▄███████████▄▄
░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██▄
░░███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░█░░░░░░░█▀▀▀█░░░░░░░░░█░██
█▌░█░░░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░█░▐█
█▌░░█░░░░░░██▀▀▀░░░░░░░░█░░▐█
█▌░▄▄░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▐█
███▀░░░░░░░█░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░▀███
██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
░░░░▀██▄▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄▄██▀
░░░░░░░▀▀███████████▀▀

sampei7777 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2016, 04:59:51 PM

OK, sorry, I will explain.

If you follow the link you will have a page where you can vote the next USA President.

The vote is registered in the Datacoin Blockchain, with a unique voting code.

This voting code must to be kept secret. Everyone can read on the blockchain the vote of that voting code, but no one knows who is the user to which belongs the voting code.

But the user that owns that voting code can always check on the blockchain that his/her vote is counted correctly.

Besides, because the votes are saved in the blockchain, no one can change them at a later time.

I think this is the first time an election can be made on the blockchain.

Thanks

ByteStamp
Suggestive Melon

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 06:18:46 PM

1.) how do you prevent bad actors from voting multiple times?  What limits are there on making an account?

2.) In this system you will be able to verify to a 3rd party what your vote was, and with that it becomes far easier to buy/sell votes.  This has already been a problem in some places, Hong Kong for example https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/53bq34/hong_kong_election_ballot_papers_outnumbered/d7rtxyj

I only see this getting worse in this kind of system, do you have any solution in mind for that?
sampei7777 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 02:54:14 PM

1.) how do you prevent bad actors from voting multiple times?  What limits are there on making an account?

2.) In this system you will be able to verify to a 3rd party what your vote was, and with that it becomes far easier to buy/sell votes.  This has already been a problem in some places, Hong Kong for example https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/53bq34/hong_kong_election_ballot_papers_outnumbered/d7rtxyj

I only see this getting worse in this kind of system, do you have any solution in mind for that?

-----BEGIN TIMESTAMPED TEXT-----
Sorry for the long delay,

well, first of all we have to say that this is a Proof Of Concept. In a real environment things would be different.

In order to prevent bad actors from voting multiple times, I image this scenario.

When someone wants to vote, the ByteStamp server assigns a unique vote code. This code vode is assigned by ByteStamp, but in a real environment it would be assigned by an institution.

Let's say you go to an office where there is an officer who attests that you can vote.

Let's say there is a box full of electoral codes in that office. Whoever has the right to vote randomly picks a single electoral code from the box. No one knows which electoral code is taken, as well as no one knows who is the owner of a Bitcoin address. But everyone can see that the electoral code is a valid code.

Then the voter votes using that code and then destroy the code itself.

Now, the unique electoral code is recorded in the blockchain along with the vote. In this way no one can vote multiple times because only the first vote will be valid. In order to vote multiple times you would need multple electoral codes (that are issued by an Authority).

To prevent to buy/sell votes, let me say it's arguable.

One can say "I have voted with the code 1234 so give me your money".
But everyone can see on the blockchain how voted the code 1234 and everyone could say that 1234 is his/her own vote code.
Lat's say that the vode codes are simple paper pieces that anyone could print with a PC at home.
No one can prove that 1234 is its own vote code.

In my opinion, the risk of buy/sell votes is higher now that peoples take photos with smartphone on how they voted.

Thank You for your interest in ByteStamp

By ByteStamp - MIDA SRLS - http://www.bytestamp.net - 29/04/2017
-----END TIMESTAMPED TEXT-----

The file is timestamped at UTC Date/Time:
2017-04-29 14:46:17 UTC in block number 1784978 - ID transaction: 9caf6293f66b27d06c4f93986579533bbd7349fdd9e67cc5d2b934926e83bcf8 #ByteStampProof

http://www.bytestamp.net/docs/qdoc/en/76849f912edd14aa53cc7f04092aab60

Thanks

ByteStamp
Chicago

Activity: 592
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 06:42:48 AM

Hello,

This is a really cool application from ByteStamp on the Datacoin blockchain.

If you're interested in exploring further, it might be very worthwhile to make contact with the Poll Mole people.
    They're doing similar things and may benefit from decentralized blockchain storage with Datacoin.

With the technology built by ByteStamp, an interesting partnership with the Poll Mole folks would certainly improve the value of Poll Mole and ByteStamp's block explorer suite.

I will donate some DTC to help with some of the transactions for putting more ballots on the blockchain in furtherance of the above marriage of technologies.
    Additionally, I would be happy to run a full node on the Datacoin testnet to contribute in some way.

Best Regards,
-Chicago
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: