Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:35:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Mincoin Cryptocurrency Project, World's Fastest Rare Altcoin [ANN]  (Read 114446 times)
Britainacoin

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 02:19:55 PM

Cool. I'd like to get things going with a purchase of 10,000 mincoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 02:22:03 PM

I'm gonna need another category in cryptocoin list stickie. maybe "a total piece of crap" ?
every day they release some shitcoin which is a total copy/paste of BTC  or LTC , this is a joke... each time i see "new coin have been released" i get sick. maybe i will do the same and release some 10 new  dickcoins just by copying the source code of BTC or LTC hey it is open source this gives me the right to, just funny people these days
manface

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 02:22:58 PM

I'm gonna need another category in cryptocoin list stickie. maybe "a total piece of crap" ?
every day they release some shitcoin which is a total copy/paste of BTC  or LTC , this is a joke... each time i see "new coin have been released" i get sick. maybe i will do the same and release some 10 new  dickcoins just by copying the source code of BTC or LTC hey it is open source this gives me the right to, just funny people these days

What did litecoin change over bitcoin? Not much and it's $5/coin right now. Mincoins has as much change over LiteCoin as Litecoin does over Bitcoin. Stop being jealous and do something about it.
Britainacoin

Activity: 256

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 02:23:34 PM

I dread to think what the "Accepted Here" logo would be....
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 02:26:01 PM

What did litecoin change over bitcoin? Not much and it's $5/coin right now. Mincoins has as much change over LiteCoin as Litecoin does over Bitcoin. Stop being jealous and do something about it.
do you know what encryption is ? BTC is SHA256 LTC is Scrypt it is a huge change if you know what this even means
bushstar

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 02:32:03 PM

Awesome. I always have time for new coins, especially headless daemons with no QT GUI available at all. Currently mining this with 2,400Kh/s Smiley

mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 02:34:55 PM

I dread to think what the "Accepted Here" logo would be....

if we continue this way , you will see only $ or fiat in general accepted anywhere , if you wont make some real new coin who comes with changes and improvements not just copying, than you better just fellow other altcoins because it is never to late to be an adopter , people who will join the community after few years they will say "shit if i just got in when BTC was 140$ or LTC was 5$ ..." you do not wanna be one of them.

all what you are trying is to be an early adopter hoping some day you will be multimillionaire. people are just ignorant these days  
shinkicker

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 02:43:18 PM

sounds bloody awful based on its first day
manface

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 02:45:11 PM

do you know what encryption is ? BTC is SHA256 LTC is Scrypt it is a huge change if you know what this even means

lol. Ok. Encryption huh. May want to look up what the definition of a checksum or hash is there.
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 02:54:39 PM

lol. Ok. Encryption huh. May want to look up what the definition of a checksum or hash is there.
yes you might as well, than you maybe can come and ask some questions , i wont go to your level anymore .
manface

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:06:42 PM

yes you might as well, than you maybe can come and ask some questions , i wont go to your level anymore .

Do you know how silly you sound when you say Litecoin is such a big change over bitcoin and then list one thing which is quite small? The proof of work mechanism? And you call it encryption? I would love to see you encrypt data with scrypt or SHA256! Please, go ahead.
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:24:33 PM

Obviously it's great for you if you were mining 500 mincoin blocks at less than 0.001 difficulty. Roll Eyes

If you guys really like the idea, I can fork it and put up a version that has 10 reward for the first 7 days or so and then jumps to 50 to give the difficulty a change to adapt.  Then I can put up encrypted binaries and give everyone a chance to mine at the same time rather than this bullshit.

Considering you were one of the first posters in here complaining about how you couldn't work out how to download the blockchain I doubt you could do much of anything.

The difficulty doesn't matter. Satoshi was mining bitcoins using his celeron and we are mining them with GPUs and ASICs. Is it a premine if someone wakes up tomorrow and finds out about bitcoin? It's no different. Just because you couldn't figure out how to use the daemon you like to call premine or scam or whatever. Considering there is no exchange for mincoins if you truly want to be a "First adopter" I'm sure you could buy all of them for 10btc , but you don't want to and that is your own loss.

Tried the windows build, didn't work.  Didn't feel like building the linux version. *shrugs*

Forking the chain only requires me to
1) Change the genesis block and the channel on freenode the chain connects to
2) Change the 2 lines that give you 10% of the coins in the first few days

It's a shame I have to work or I'd do it right now.  It sounds like you're the author though.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:30:42 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2013, 03:40:50 PM by mmitech

Do you know how silly you sound when you say Litecoin is such a big change over bitcoin and then list one thing which is quite small? The proof of work mechanism? And you call it encryption? I would love to see you encrypt data with scrypt or SHA256! Please, go ahead.

i did point one and major difference , if you want more go ahead and google it or just visit the WIKI , i know that most of you are lazy so do you want me to do it for you , hell no .

and before even acting as a smart ass you should do some home work , before you've heard of BTC and before you even knew what is an encryption , NOKIA used that on their locking program SL3 (SHA1)... ah sorry do i have to explain more , ok i will just go a little bit simpler , NOKIA did lunch their SL3 phone series few years ago i cant recall when exactly . which were locked with an encryption of SHA1 thinking that this will prevent people from unlocking their phones and using it in different providers.
there was the first ATI used for Bruteforce to get the 16 digit NCK code , which was simply a solution of the phone hash with its IMEI , we used Oclhashcat to bruteforce attack the encryption in order to find the NCK , BTW they still use it today ... google it , go to Gsmhosting forum read about it , maybe you have a nokia and you do not even know about it .

i can make a list but i think this will be just a waste of my time and yours .

and hey i am an IT engineer so maybe when i was writing my first algorithm you were sucking your fingers, or you may still do it today who knows . do not underestimate people.
manface

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:34:24 PM

Tried the windows build, didn't work.  Didn't feel like building the linux version. *shrugs*

The windows build works fine here (just tested in a VM). Just because you are incompetent you try to blame it on others.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 04:03:40 PM

Wow there are a lot of new coins popping up! No gui yet?

ChaosFox

Activity: 178

Certified fox posing as a cat posing as a human

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 04:37:57 PM

Wow there are a lot of new coins popping up! No gui yet?

There's a mincoin-qt client in the repository, but I have yet to try to actually compiling it. So yes, this thing does have a GUI, but the OP only provided a Windows binary of the command-line version.

Look! An ad-free signature!
biodieselchris

Activity: 579
Merit: 500

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 04:54:26 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2013, 10:15:58 PM by biodieselchris

In the main Mincoin mining post, the author indicated the following:

If you use CGMINER set the flag "--expiry 1" option to make sure you avoid stales, ie
    cgminer --scrypt -o http://127.0.0.1:9335 -u user -p pass --expiry 1

Wondering if there is a way to accomplish this in Windows?

phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:30:09 PM

Are the scrypt parameters the same as for litecoin? If not: what are they?
DonChate

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:37:04 PM

LOL... goes to 2 MNC block reward after pre-mine. Moving on...
manface

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:56:45 PM

LOL... goes to 2 MNC block reward after pre-mine. Moving on...

Did you know Bitcoin will go to 2 BTC eventually? And eventually even 0! Will people in those years call it a premine because they missed the boat?

It's a shame you missed out! I got 10000.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: