Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:39:01 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex: ACCOUNT_DISABLED  (Read 13173 times)
bitcoinrocks (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 03:17:30 PM

I get ACCOUNT_DISABLED when I try to withdraw from Bittrex.  Has anyone seen that before?  I submitted a ticket.  Are they starting to require KYC?
Hugh Jass

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 04:13:40 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2016, 06:01:27 PM by Hugh Jass

I get ACCOUNT_DISABLED when I try to withdraw from Bittrex.  Has anyone seen that before?  I submitted a ticket.  Are they starting to require KYC?

This redditer had the same message. Bittrex already had his ID card, but wanted more information about how he obtained the funds before it would release them. It said it had disabled his account because it suspected his deposit was related to a crime.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/4n9yxe/bittrex_account_disabled_and_coins_seized_for/

epictrading

hi all, support does not respond. when I try to withdraw I get an error: ACCOUNT_DISABLED.

I sent several times my id card. Sad

[–]epictrading

This is the bittrex reply:

A suspicious deposit is one where we suspect that it is related to a crime or an active law enforcement investigation. I'm going to need more information about how you got the funds.

I don't know if Bittrex is already starting to require KYC but it will sooner or later according to this article.

https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/215282838--Draft-Frequently-asked-questions-about-account-verification
bitcoinrocks (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 04:51:15 PM

I saw that post about a crime too but it's easy to rule out in this case.  I wonder if there was a hacking attempt against my account or something.

How long do they take to respond to a ticket?
Hugh Jass

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 05:04:48 PM

I saw that post about a crime too but it's easy to rule out in this case.  I wonder if there was a hacking attempt against my account or something.

How long do they take to respond to a ticket?

Bittrex claims it's a maximum of 24 hours, but I'm skeptical about that. If you get unlucky it's probably longer, most of the time it's probably within a day.

Bittrex support uses Pacific Standard Time (PST) and it's now 10:00 AM PST. Its support center has eight hours left before it closes today. Hopefully you will get a reply within those eight hours.

https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201323140-Support-Center

Our normal hours of operation are 9-6pm PST.  Requests made outside of those times may encounter a slight delay.  We will respond to all support tickets no later than 24 business hours from receiving it.
bitcoinrocks (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 07:11:07 PM

I heard back and it was indeed a hacking attempt.
bitcoinrocks (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 08:47:19 PM

Here it was:

https://twitter.com/BittrexExchange/status/791220722341335040
https://twitter.com/BittrexExchange/status/791225251103281152
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 06:00:27 AM

So now does your account got unblocked?
I think what they have done is good temporary solution to protect users fund. I have withdrawn few bitcoin from them without any problem.
Better not to use same email password combination in all sites, i remember few months ago my cex.io getting compromised as i have used quite weak password combination.

SG1spike

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 05:47:14 AM

Same problem here!
When I try to sell I get also "Account disabled" for some reason.
I'm waiting for a reply of bittrex
prizrak73

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:54:07 AM

Bittrex SKAM

Get Free VpnCoin, Join BitNet !VaxpxFrtU74xfpFxZWC8Xp61CekU3JQ99U
RamBahadur.Gurung

Activity: 457
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 04:24:29 PM

I wouldn't blame the exchange. If they have suspicion that the coins came from a crime (especially from ransomware), then they will have to face the music later if they don't report about it to the authorities.
65dos

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 01:06:29 PM

I have the same problem. The support does't reply for a week already.
vinipoars

Activity: 581
Merit: 507

To the moon!

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 03:31:58 PM

Same problem.
So does that mean it's a company you can not trust? Are they stealing money from their users?
Hamphser

Activity: 2520
Merit: 329

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 03:51:24 PM

Same problem.
So does that mean it's a company you can not trust? Are they stealing money from their users?
If they do detect suspicious activity on your account then they would probably disabled such account of yours and dont expect for them to answer because i do experience the same thing too on which i just moved on and did create another one account and i do really get angry since my coins are stuck on there but well we cant do anything about it.I dont know whats the reason behind on this account blockage since i didnt do anything wrong.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
vinipoars

Activity: 581
Merit: 507

To the moon!

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 04:07:27 PM

Same problem.
If they do detect suspicious activity on your account then they would probably disabled such account of yours and dont expect for them to answer because i do experience the same thing too on which i just moved on and did create another one account and i do really get angry since my coins are stuck on there but well we cant do anything about it.I dont know whats the reason behind on this account blockage since i didnt do anything wrong.

I opened a ticket and it seems that the problem was fixed. I was able to make the transaction and now I'm waiting for the withdrawal. If everything is ok I will come back here to confirm.
We need to denounce companies that are not correct, but also point out when they act in the right way.

Edit: Everything is alright. Withdraw was made. I will use the service again in the future.
Hamphser

Activity: 2520
Merit: 329

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:00:03 PM

Same problem.

I opened a ticket and it seems that the problem was fixed. I was able to make the transaction and now I'm waiting for the withdrawal. If everything is ok I will come back here to confirm.
We need to denounce companies that are not correct, but also point out when they act in the right way.

Edit: Everything is alright. Withdraw was made. I will use the service again in the future.
Oh im glad that they did their job and do make their service back to normal now. Yesterday on Bittrex it has a problem when the fork is still happening on which it cant be accessed but it only last for just an hour as far as i remember.They do really always fix things up and just as expected for a reputable exchange. Hope others issues would be resolved as well.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:18:15 PM

I'm running into the same issue, it's been more than 24 hours, and they aren't replying to my support request after having received an automated message from them that doesn't seem to apply to my situation. I'd already successfully completed basic verification, and am not trying to trade large amounts:

For security purposes, once your account is locked there will be a minimum 24 hour wait period before it will be unlocked.

For Accounts valued at over $1000 USD we will require additional information proof of identity.

2 forms of government identification and a selfie of you holding one of those identifications where we can match your face. Please also write Bittrex and today's date on a piece of paper and hold it in the picture. Please make sure the text on your ID is readable in all photos. Note: This means we need all 3 things in 1 photo. You, your ID, and the paper with Bittrex and the date on it. Also we do not accept .pdf or zip files, or links to files.

For expedited support and to streamline support agents verifying your account please consider performing Enhanced Verification by visiting https://www.bittrex.com, log into your account and click Settings on the top of the page.

After a minimum of 24 hours has passed we will check your ticket and enable your account. In some circumstances we may require additional information.

Thank you,

Your Bittrex Support Team

I replied that my account isn't valued at over $1000, that I'm trying to trade small amounts at only the Basic level, and that I thought the 2 forms of government identification was only for Enhanced Verification.

I haven't received a response after that.

It seems that they'll gladly accept your funds, but will give you no indication that they have trading/withdrawals disabled on your account until right at the worst time -- when you're trying to execute a trade. Sad

Could they not tell you that trading is disabled on your account *ahead* of depositing so that your funds don't get stuck there? It's absurd.
gradys225

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:31:10 PM

I have this problem too ACCOUNT_DISABLED wrote a ticket waiting for more than 24 hours no one answers
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:33:08 PM

I joined their #customer-service thread on their slack channel and was able to get mine resolved: https://bittrex.slack.com/
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 10:17:05 AM

I joined their #customer-service thread on their slack channel and was able to get mine resolved: https://bittrex.slack.com/

Their channel seems to be closed, how do I join? Having the same issue, and I don't have a clue why.
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 05:04:10 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2017, 05:26:37 PM by DarkStar_

Their channel seems to be closed, how do I join? Having the same issue, and I don't have a clue why.

Having the same problem as well. Just sent a support ticket but would be nice to ask on their slack as well.

Edit: Figured it out, you get an invite from http://slack.bittrex.com/ and then you log on in https://bittrex.slack.com/

taking a break - expect delayed responses
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: