Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 05:29:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DarkNet (DNET) up 400% the past week. Breaks top 100 crypto by cap. Thoughts?  (Read 1092 times)
badenglishtea (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 10:17:37 PM

DarkNet is up about 400% over the past week. A lot of movement recently and 25 BTC+ trade volume.

Also, just smashed through top 100 crypto by market cap. Is ranked 83, and just passed the $500K mark. Thoughts?

I think a big component of the future with crypto is anonymizing technology.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1262920.0

I picked up about 500,000 DNET at 500 SATs. I sold all my Dash a few weeks ago. The coin is basically a Dash clone with active devs working on improvement. 10k masternodes. Also (most important to me) distribution was fair (some would argue unlike Dash). Community is pretty good. They seem to be working on a new website, forum, and have got a number of pretty big development bounties. I think a coin payment processor got up and running.

Currently trading on Bittrex (not Polo).

Anyway, what do you guys think? Should I dump for $$$. There is really small amount of supply on exchanges. It looks like everyone either is running a masternode or holding for the long term. It is so tempting to just cash out ..
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 12:22:43 AM

As a correction, the masternode count is currently 1371, not 10k.

I also own a couple BTC's worth of DNET, most of it I mined and some of it I generated with masternodes and staking. But I'm not planning on selling any of it anytime soon.

I don't think the current 882 BTC marketcap with 47.6mil supply is where things will calm down. Long term this should be priced much higher imo. It's still pretty much flying under the radar.

Also, anyone can submit proposals to the network and masternode owners can vote on it which is awesome.

Not your keys, not your coins!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 08:58:51 AM

DarkNet is up about 400% over the past week. A lot of movement recently and 25 BTC+ trade volume.

Also, just smashed through top 100 crypto by market cap. Is ranked 83, and just passed the $500K mark. Thoughts?

I think a big component of the future with crypto is anonymizing technology.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1262920.0

I picked up about 500,000 DNET at 500 SATs. I sold all my Dash a few weeks ago. The coin is basically a Dash clone with active devs working on improvement. 10k masternodes. Also (most important to me) distribution was fair (some would argue unlike Dash). Community is pretty good. They seem to be working on a new website, forum, and have got a number of pretty big development bounties. I think a coin payment processor got up and running.

Currently trading on Bittrex (not Polo).

Anyway, what do you guys think? Should I dump for $$$. There is really small amount of supply on exchanges. It looks like everyone either is running a masternode or holding for the long term. It is so tempting to just cash out ..

Await polo listing, cash out for more. Dashers will spot it and wake up to this coin eventually. Hopefully a mass exodus so a fairer version of dash will sit at the 50M MC and dash is squashed for good. Cash out 1/3 now so you're even anyway. Keep the rest.

badenglishtea (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 12:12:14 PM

I also own a couple BTC's worth of DNET, most of it I mined and some of it I generated with masternodes and staking. But I'm not planning on selling any of it anytime soon.

I don't think the current 882 BTC marketcap with 47.6mil supply is where things will calm down. Long term this should be priced much higher imo. It's still pretty much flying under the radar.

Also, anyone can submit proposals to the network and masternode owners can vote on it which is awesome.

I should clarify. The masternodes require 10,000 DNET (Dash requires 1,000) for collateralization. There are 1,400 masternodes: http://178.254.23.111/~pub/DN/DN_masternode_payments_stats.html

What is crazy is the crypto still has a website in development but is already passed $650k market cap with fair distribution. There is very low supply on the exchanges, and it looks like the community is holding for the long term. Also, the masternodes keep 30% of the supply locked down indefinitely. The price appears to be going up because no one is selling.
bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 12:11:13 AM

I should clarify. The masternodes require 10,000 DNET (Dash requires 1,000) for collateralization. There are 1,400 masternodes: http://178.254.23.111/~pub/DN/DN_masternode_payments_stats.html

What is crazy is the crypto still has a website in development but is already passed $650k market cap with fair distribution. There is very low supply on the exchanges, and it looks like the community is holding for the long term. Also, the masternodes keep 30% of the supply locked down indefinitely. The price appears to be going up because no one is selling.

Oh yeah, 10k DNET per masternode, I misunderstood you.

badenglishtea (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 04:26:57 PM

Just jumped back into top 100 by market cap.

Darknet
$704,364
$0.013909
50,640,535 DNET
$4,339
23.92%

Also going through rebranding project. Being called PIVx. Private Instant Verified Transfers.
What think?
Rockie1234

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 05:52:13 PM

I would be careful of any coin that's a clone. Especially amazingly high increases in price (400%), since that can be a sign of a coin that's waiting to be pumped and dumped. Look at steemit, for example, went up 1000s of percent, now slowly falling, the owners having made millions (no exaggeration) of dollars. In other words, do your own research.
badenglishtea (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 06:46:01 PM

Held strong; looks like returns here are going to be solid. Price is up 30% today; back in top 100 and just passed $1MM market cap for the first time.

Project is completing rebranding to PIVX (just community-funded 1.5 BTC to change on Bittrex). Volume and price both picking up today. New website looks pretty good. Community is getting bigger faster, and dev timeline looks promising.

My take is a masternode is about $230 and rewards are still good. I really like the masternode model that was innovated by Dash (collateralizing the network for rewards). I've just always had a problem with the 'launch controversy'. Although I do own a Dash masternode. Unlike Dash, most supply has already been fairly distributed, and rewards are going to start dropping fast, so supply is getting close to cap. I also think core team has most of supply, and a lot of people have big expectations on project, so sell supply is going to be low?

I think we got more energy here. I have got a large percentage of holding that I think I am going to sell at 10,000 SATs or go down with the ship./
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 10:38:09 PM

Must be getting ready for another pump and dump.  Shittiest scam on the forums.

The dev was going bankrupt.  Fedora wearing hipster ... God I don't miss that guy.
badenglishtea (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 02:51:20 PM

Must be getting ready for another pump and dump.  Shittiest scam on the forums.

The dev was going bankrupt.  Fedora wearing hipster ... God I don't miss that guy.

So just broke $2MM market cap. Now top 70 crypto. Trade volume has picked up, community is growing. So excited I took risk here. I bought in big so have made so much damn profit here. I have sold a little to recoup investment, and I am still riding wave. I am taking risk on a lot of holding that we are passing 10k SATs. Estimate is $10MM market cap.

I think those 10K masternodes are going to look really attractive when price kicks. Is basically a fair distribution Dash but POS and zerocoin protocol for improved privacy.

Masternode count just passed 1,600; http://178.254.23.111/~pub/DN/DN_Info.html, or 30% of total supply.
altcoiner555

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 03:08:35 PM

This is just a DASH clone.
bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 03:11:10 PM

Because DASH was not a clone and was written from nothing, right?

altcoiner555

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 03:51:14 PM

Because DASH was not a clone and was written from nothing, right?

It wasn't a straight clone. + Compare Darknet code 6 months in, to Darkcoin code 6 months in.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: