Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:12:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dubai accepts Bitcoin  (Read 3543 times)
Dassi

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 08:35:43 AM

I think Dubai decided to adopt bitcoins because of its numerous tourists - trying to make it easier for them to spend money without having to convert to fiat.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 09:13:33 AM

10months back I've been to Dubai on a visit. During those days I found very few bitcoin traders in the city region while I was to convert btc to fiat. Now the current news of bitcoin acceptance into Dubai tourism gets much importance from people travelling to Dubai.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SourThunder

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

:)

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 09:36:05 AM

Wow good news Smiley thats bitcoin is for all people and for all country and dubai is very advanced country because of adnvanced technologyand more business. I hope dubai using also as bitcoin payment for their payments. Bitcoin is more powerful this year and the next year. More country plss accept bitcoin.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ OROCOIN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
" The first cryptocurrency with block rewards creatively and uniquely pegged to the rice of gold. "
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Visit Our TwitterWebsiteANN Thread & SLACK ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
Bitcoin0916

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 09:57:51 AM

Wow good news Smiley thats bitcoin is for all people and for all country and dubai is very advanced country because of adnvanced technologyand more business. I hope dubai using also as bitcoin payment for their payments. Bitcoin is more powerful this year and the next year. More country plss accept bitcoin.
Dubai is one of the entrances to the Arab and Asia countries, hopefully with the receipt of the Bitcoin in Dubai can make the Cities and other countries in Arabic or Asia to accept bitcoin including my country (India).
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 10:15:33 AM

It's often seen that getting tourist to come is difficult and those that do manage to come often struggle with currency fluctuations, recent ones being when euro broke down, and in India news which is getting global attention Rs. 500 and 1000 notes invalid. In all this this is a welcome news that Bitcoins is accepted in dubai also now, cheers to the entire community.

Blockchain can ‘gamify’ tourism https://cointelegraph.com/news/dubai-and-norway-use-blockchain-to-redefine-tourism

this is a nice news and strangely enough from cointelegraph which makes it hard to believe Smiley

but I think this is a good start even if it is not as good as it sounds but eventually using bitcoin which is the only money that can be used globally in every single place around the world, is a great start towards the adoption we are all hoping for.

Only Bitcoin
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 10:47:39 AM

It's a good progress of bitcoin to widely using all over the world as accepted and mainstream payment that more flexible and fast transaction which could replace paper money. The price will increase as well along its use,  another thing to note is the regulation of bitcoin use in those countries, how it will support bitcoin and how much stores, hotel, restaurants that accepted bitcoin.
croutonhexagon

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 04:17:00 PM

Awesome, when Dubai Wii accept bitcoin then obviously there will be price rise in bitcoin in my view because all rich people resides in Dubai and they will demand heavy bitcoin when they Will know the advantages of bitcoin. Dubai is going to play a significant role in bitcoin market very soon. Waiting for that great moment.
requester

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 04:21:39 PM

It's another good news in bitcoin world because when developed country like Dubai started to accept bitcoin then I think it's demand will increase as tourist would use it more to pay for bill with bitcoin as exchanged money someone's get over nad one have no option to pay bill. Or it could make their transaction easier with bitcoin
Gasturcas

Activity: 188

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 09:09:17 PM

If that is true. Honestly, I see it coming. I am hoping that someday, Bitcoin will be used in any form of transactions anywhere globally. Since we are on Digital age, I think we are almost there. Since many people now are getting interested with bitcoin, higher chances are, it will be possible. Soon, Bitcoin will also be in public here in my country 😁.

calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 09:29:10 PM

What do you mean bitcoin is accepted in Dubai, what everyone in the country no matter where you shop will accept bitcoin ?
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 11:38:03 PM

This has nothing to do with BTC nor its values, which are freedom and decentralization. This is about centralization, and tracking of all foreigners visiting the country by recording all their moves in a blockchain.

It's not a game, except for the rulers who will have all the foreign visitors on a virtual leash.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
BlokF4No27

Activity: 138

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 07:58:38 AM

I think this is a good news for us, but I doubt because Dubai citizens not know about bitcoin, if in Singapore I think is better.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 12:08:29 PM

It's often seen that getting tourist to come is difficult and those that do manage to come often struggle with currency fluctuations, recent ones being when euro broke down, and in India news which is getting global attention Rs. 500 and 1000 notes invalid. In all this this is a welcome news that Bitcoins is accepted in dubai also now, cheers to the entire community.

Blockchain can ‘gamify’ tourism https://cointelegraph.com/news/dubai-and-norway-use-blockchain-to-redefine-tourism

the funny thing is that the article is not even mentioning bitcoin in it! so your topic is completely irrelevant and this is about an altcoin because they are talking about the "blockchain" which is only the technology of bitcoin which they probably are going to use to make their own chain aka altcoin and do everything that way!

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 01:31:44 PM

I can't wait for the day when bitcoin is more widely accepted for everyday items across the globe, imagine never having to be bothered by exchange rates again when you travel.  It would be like the Euro 2.0 without the limitations.

Sooner or later it will really be happen that bitcoin is more widely accepted across the globe. Actually its the future of bitcoin from the very start to all countries in the world.
marleybobthedog

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 05:26:24 PM

Now let's see the game because Dubai week play a significant role in bitcoin all are millionaire in Dubai and they would demand heavy from bitcoin and and it's price will increase. Dubai is also my preferred holiday destination and I would also love to pay for bill in bitcoin so I think there are many user like me who loves bitcoin and wants to transact in bitcoin
marleybobthedog

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 05:26:40 PM

Now let's see the game because Dubai week play a significant role in bitcoin all are millionaire in Dubai and they would demand heavy from bitcoin and and it's price will increase. Dubai is also my preferred holiday destination and I would also love to pay for bill in bitcoin so I think there are many user like me who loves bitcoin and wants to transact in bitcoin
Juggy777 (OP)

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 05:41:28 PM

Why are you double posting the same thing? But I'm reply to your post yes I feel btc prices shall be surging up very soon. As one can see swizz has accepted it for a railway tickets, and it's just a tip of the ice ❄. More and more shall follow it very soon, who knows all currencies one day could be replaced by btc. Way long but let's hope for the best
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 07:45:56 PM

I think Dubai decided to adopt bitcoins because of its numerous tourists - trying to make it easier for them to spend money without having to convert to fiat.
i personally visited Dubai and a lot of my friends ae there in Dubai, but i think there is the same situation as here in my county, their government has also not yet given any statement about bitcoin that either bitcoin is legal there or not, and therefore people are yet using bitcoin as legal currency.
Milkduds

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 07:59:44 PM

This story made little sense to me when it was posted,reason I held off responding to it.
But I can not shake the idea of getting caught up in some unknown laws or custom break that would have you potentially in a bad place.
Rather not risk my skin on my back over a need to use bitcoin on holidays in countries like this one.

U2

Activity: 676
Merit: 503

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 08:10:45 PM

Huh? What do you mean they accept it now? Dubai isn't a store or something so how does a whole city accept bitcoin overnight? I didn't understand a lot of the article.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: