Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:59:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How profitable it is to set up masternodes?  (Read 5574 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 07:58:41 PM

Have you ever tried to set up Dash masternodes? If so, then how profitable it is to set up one?

Will I be able to ROI fast, or will it take quite some time? Just asking because I've been curious about this as I will likely get started with Dash masternodes later this week. Right now, Dash prices have been declining, so it would make it a great opportunity to buy some cheap Dash and meet up with the minimum amount needed in order to run a masternode.

Any helpful tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.  Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 09:09:17 PM

Have you ever tried to set up Dash masternodes? If so, then how profitable it is to set up one?

Will I be able to ROI fast, or will it take quite some time? Just asking because I've been curious about this as I will likely get started with Dash masternodes later this week. Right now, Dash prices have been declining, so it would make it a great opportunity to buy some cheap Dash and meet up with the minimum amount needed in order to run a masternode.

Any helpful tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.  Smiley

Hey,

For me yes it is very profitable. It was 10% last year but it went down a little (to ~9.x% a year) because of increasing number of MN, but the number of MN increase really slowly now:
http://178.254.23.111/~pub/masternode_count.png

I like this site to see the statistic for one MN (you can change the value= to whatever you want.)
https://dash-news.de/dashtv/#value=1000

Don't forget that having a/some MN will give you some power to vote on Dash budget system  Cool:
https://www.dashcentral.org/budget

Cheers  Smiley
Cryptotraider16

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

http://www.leocoinapp.com/

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2016, 09:33:50 PM

its good one..i think its super pos! Wink

http://www.leocoin.info - LEOcoin info App!
LEOcoin - traded on 8 exchanges! more coming - Solo POS coin!
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 01:27:39 AM

Hey,

For me yes it is very profitable. It was 10% last year but it went down a little (to ~9.x% a year) because of increasing number of MN, but the number of MN increase really slowly now:

I like this site to see the statistic for one MN (you can change the value= to whatever you want.)

Don't forget that having a/some MN will give you some power to vote on Dash budget system  Cool:

Cheers  Smiley

Thanks mate for sharing your experience. I think that masternodes system is the best one implemented for a crypto currency in order to increase interest into supporting its network by earning rewards in return.

The dash-news statistics site has been very helpful to me in order to determine an estimated amount of earnings I would receive with a given amount of Dash on a masternode. Since Dash prices have gone lower these days, I think that it will be the best entry point towards masternodes and a good way to reach ROI in a year.

There are so many exciting things about Dash, that I didn't even knew about them before.  Grin

Yeah. I think that it is even way better than PoS as you get bigger rewards, in my own opinion, than with ordinary PoS coins. Also, given the fact that Dash's price is not that volatile (unlike most PoS coins) it makes it a great investment. One good thing would be to earn masternode rewards without having to leave your computer and wallet open at all times (sort of like offline staking). If this could be accomplished, then it would be great.  Cheesy

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 09:55:00 AM

Its a scam coin and will be very unprofitable soon when it takes a nose dive due to other better coins coming out with no scam start to hold them back.

Take note of

DNET I expect it to go past dash in the near future in terms of returns on Masternodes. Seems like they had a much fairer distribution too.

Or look for other coins where a 10% return annually is a joke.

I mean 10% in crytpo is totally laughable in this marketplace. Who would lock down funds in a masternode like dash the downside is WAY too high. You get 10% in low risk schemes not this ponzi scam. You get 10 percent increase in dash tokens a year later but the tokens are worth 50 percent less. Seems a terrible idea.

Dash has only one way to go DOWN. It's market cap is very deceiving indeed if a few masternode owners wanted out you would see it sink like a stone.

Get in on things at ground level not wait until they are in the top 10 MC.

Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 10:57:10 AM

Hey,

Cheers  Smiley

Thanks mate for sharing your experience. I think that masternodes system is the best one implemented for a crypto currency in order to increase interest into supporting its network by earning rewards in return.

The dash-news statistics site has been very helpful to me in order to determine an estimated amount of earnings I would receive with a given amount of Dash on a masternode. Since Dash prices have gone lower these days, I think that it will be the best entry point towards masternodes and a good way to reach ROI in a year.

There are so many exciting things about Dash, that I didn't even knew about them before.  Grin

Yeah. I think that it is even way better than PoS as you get bigger rewards, in my own opinion, than with ordinary PoS coins. Also, given the fact that Dash's price is not that volatile (unlike most PoS coins) it makes it a great investment. One good thing would be to earn masternode rewards without having to leave your computer and wallet open at all times (sort of like offline staking). If this could be accomplished, then it would be great.  Cheesy

Of course you can buy into a shared masternode hosting service, where your coins are part of a masternode, paying out shares every time the masternode is rewarded. This way you can participate in the Masternode infrastructure but you do not get voting rights. Using such a service does not require any wallets to remain open and whatnot. If you at some point you achieve 1000 Dash, you may withdraw your shared coins and setup your own masternode if you like.

The average payback for a masternode is in the sub 10% range right now, but will decline as more masternodes come online and strengthen the network. This said, with new features being laid on the masternode network, additional fees or revenues might help bring this up in the coming years. Do notice that the hardware requirements (ram, cpu, hdd, ethernet) for running a masternode are likely to be higher as well, as the functions of the masternodes will be greater.
housebtc

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 04:12:03 PM

Hey,

Cheers  Smiley

Of course you can buy into a shared masternode hosting service, where your coins are part of a masternode, paying out shares every time the masternode is rewarded. This way you can participate in the Masternode infrastructure but you do not get voting rights. Using such a service does not require any wallets to remain open and whatnot. If you at some point you achieve 1000 Dash, you may withdraw your shared coins and setup your own masternode if you like.

The average payback for a masternode is in the sub 10% range right now, but will decline as more masternodes come online and strengthen the network. This said, with new features being laid on the masternode network, additional fees or revenues might help bring this up in the coming years. Do notice that the hardware requirements (ram, cpu, hdd, ethernet) for running a masternode are likely to be higher as well, as the functions of the masternodes will be greater.

I don't have 1000 Dash to invest into Masternodes but I will like to invest in the shares set-up, it seems to be more profitable than the Genesis contract mining offer. Can you recommend any credible site
muhcoins

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 05:28:15 PM

yes and no.
imo, if you were one of the lucky one's to hold dash at the begin, great! do a masternode and enjoy your profit.
if you want to buy it now, well, i wouldnt do it.... too much money involved and too much risks.

i have a few nodes(not dash, unfortunatelly) and all were bought at the begin. Right now i have just bought a few coins of a "new" project that might be great some day and i will make a node. it's risky but it's cheaper.

Daffadile

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2016, 05:48:16 PM

ALso it is not very helpful if you have a node in a country far from most wallet holders right ? Or am I wrong.
I would assume I was right but some nodes are better then no nodes. Also do the best nodes get the most traffic ?
How does traffic allocation work ?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 08:19:10 PM

Thanks for the tip. Sounds pretty interesting to run a masternode remotely, without the need to leave your wallet open at all times. Do you happen to know of any good shared masternode services that you would like to recommend me? I might give this one a shot since, I don't have a high end hardware to help serve the purpose to run masternodes by my own. However, 1000 Dash at current USD price seems like a lot of money to put into, just to get started with this. I think that you would need pretty good capital in order to earn good with this thing.

Still, I would consider doing this someday as it looks that you can reach ROI within a year.  Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 12:29:48 PM

Thanks for the tip. Sounds pretty interesting to run a masternode remotely, without the need to leave your wallet open at all times. Do you happen to know of any good shared masternode services that you would like to recommend me? I might give this one a shot since, I don't have a high end hardware to help serve the purpose to run masternodes by my own. However, 1000 Dash at current USD price seems like a lot of money to put into, just to get started with this. I think that you would need pretty good capital in order to earn good with this thing.

Still, I would consider doing this someday as it looks that you can reach ROI within a year.  Smiley

I use a service https://masternode.me/ that user Moocowmoo https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=494744 runs. Each shares cost 25 Dash and with these shares you get parts of the masternode payouts that your shares belong to. E.g. if you have 1 share of the total 40 shares, you get 1/40th of the payouts - fees, every time the masternode is paid for it's services.

But you are mistaken, you aren't going to reach ROI in one years time, it's about 10% annually.
raphma

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 04:55:15 PM

I use a service https://masternode.me/ that user Moocowmoo https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=494744 runs. Each shares cost 25 Dash and with these shares you get parts of the masternode payouts that your shares belong to. E.g. if you have 1 share of the total 40 shares, you get 1/40th of the payouts - fees, every time the masternode is paid for it's services.

But you are mistaken, you aren't going to reach ROI in one years time, it's about 10% annually.

at moocowmoo website, it says "Each 25 Dash share earns approximately 0.04122395 Dash every 7.2 days after 15% hosting and maintenance fee."
that's even less than 10% annually... you can get a better rate using an exchange lending service  Tongue
K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 05:47:28 PM

I'm in Splawik's masternode sharing service and I'm a happy customer.  I only have a small share at the moment but I'm building up gradually  Grin  It's nice to be earning a bit of interest on my Dash that would otherwise just be sitting in my wallet doing nothing.
Dank14

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 06:22:00 PM

Its a scam coin and will be very unprofitable soon when it takes a nose dive due to other better coins coming out with no scam start to hold them back...

Ques: What is the definition of a "scam coin"

Ans: Any coin I do not support Cheesy
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 08:35:55 AM

Its a scam coin and will be very unprofitable soon when it takes a nose dive due to other better coins coming out with no scam start to hold them back...

Ques: What is the definition of a "scam coin"

Ans: Any coin I do not support Cheesy

Real Ans : xcoin/darkcoin/dash

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560138.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=559028.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999886.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=995710.0

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 12:04:34 AM

Thanks for the clarification. I thought that you would be able to actually ROI within a year, but I guess that it would take a couple of years in order to see good returns on your investment. Still, I like the idea of buying shares since it is the most affordable way to get into masternodes with no effort involved. It is way better than just holding onto your coins, without growing them in the long term.  Smiley

at moocowmoo website, it says "Each 25 Dash share earns approximately 0.04122395 Dash every 7.2 days after 15% hosting and maintenance fee."
that's even less than 10% annually... you can get a better rate using an exchange lending service  Tongue

Yeah that limits your opportunity to make profit with this thing, but still a great way to serve as passive income. If I would consider investing full on the masternodes feature, I would just set up my own VPS leaving the wallet open 24/7 in order to receive the rewards.  Smiley

I'm in Splawik's masternode sharing service and I'm a happy customer.  I only have a small share at the moment but I'm building up gradually  Grin  It's nice to be earning a bit of interest on my Dash that would otherwise just be sitting in my wallet doing nothing.

It's more like interest earnings on a savings account. This is preferably the best way to get rewarded by just holding onto your Dash instead of leaving it on the wallet without the chance for it to grow (like Bitcoin). If you'd like to earn more, then lending would be the best way to go here. Just my opinion.  Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 08:24:34 AM

Yeah that limits your opportunity to make profit with this thing, but still a great way to serve as passive income. If I would consider investing full on the masternodes feature, I would just set up my own VPS leaving the wallet open 24/7 in order to receive the rewards.  Smiley

Just wanted to clarify a bit. When running a masternode on a VPS, there is a full node wallet running 24/7 on the server providing work to the Dash network. For this you are paid rewards around once a week. You don't have to have a local wallet at home open all the time, in fact many (all?) masternode owners run their nodes off funds that are effectively in cold storage or soon on a hardware wallet like a Trezor. Running a masternode is not the same as Proof of Stake although both can pay out rewards so that is the only similarity.

The masternode keeps a transaction reference to a transaction of 1000 Dash collateral, so the masternode does not contain any funds, instead they are secured in the owner's wallet and not exposed on a cloud server somewhere.

Granted, lending out your funds to a shared masternode service of lending them on an exchange exposes you to a risk, but for this risk some payouts can be made as a compensation.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 11:47:21 PM

Just wanted to clarify a bit. When running a masternode on a VPS, there is a full node wallet running 24/7 on the server providing work to the Dash network. For this you are paid rewards around once a week. You don't have to have a local wallet at home open all the time, in fact many (all?) masternode owners run their nodes off funds that are effectively in cold storage or soon on a hardware wallet like a Trezor. Running a masternode is not the same as Proof of Stake although both can pay out rewards so that is the only similarity.

The masternode keeps a transaction reference to a transaction of 1000 Dash collateral, so the masternode does not contain any funds, instead they are secured in the owner's wallet and not exposed on a cloud server somewhere.

Granted, lending out your funds to a shared masternode service of lending them on an exchange exposes you to a risk, but for this risk some payouts can be made as a compensation.

Thanks for the information, mate. I've always thought that you needed to have the wallet open at all times in order to receive masternode rewards, but now that you have clarified me about it, I think that I will use my DASH paper wallet for this task. It is much safer than using a third party VPS where funds can be lost anytime due to many factors, including but not limited to: hardware failures, company closing, theft of private keys, etc.

I hope that Dash price could go even lower, so that it would become much cheaper to start with masternodes (either shared service, or by myself). If there is any other useful information or resource about Dash & masternodes, please let me know. I'm always eager to learn new stuff everyday  Cheesy

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 09:42:27 AM

Thanks for the information, mate. I've always thought that you needed to have the wallet open at all times in order to receive masternode rewards, but now that you have clarified me about it, I think that I will use my DASH paper wallet for this task. It is much safer than using a third party VPS where funds can be lost anytime due to many factors, including but not limited to: hardware failures, company closing, theft of private keys, etc.

I hope that Dash price could go even lower, so that it would become much cheaper to start with masternodes (either shared service, or by myself). If there is any other useful information or resource about Dash & masternodes, please let me know. I'm always eager to learn new stuff everyday  Cheesy

This is a good starting point to broaden the understanding of Dash and the masternode system: http://dashmasternode.org/
Or consider joining the Dashnation slack, http://dash-nation-invite.herokuapp.com/ for more information and chats with the devs, supporters and masternode owners.
Cointribute

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:20:06 PM

Any helpful tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.  Smiley

I just set up masternode for Monero and MonacoCoin. Its good. I want to get into setting up more new and high potential coins. Any recommendations?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: