Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:51:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us  (Read 424115 times)
Spiffy_1

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 10:10:02 AM

Don't worry too much about the guys who can't figure out why they have to share the blocks with the hundreds of other miners on the pool.  On a side note, how goes the ability to choose what we mine on the multipool?  I'm getting tired of trying to sell my lky coins when the difficulty gets easy for  minutes.  Keep up the good work.

If you like what I've posted, mine for me on whatever algo you like on www.zpool.ca for a minute using my bitcoin address: 1BJJYPRcRPzTEfByCwkeJ8SCBcrnGD1nhL
MickeyT2008

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

This account was recently hacked

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 01:51:07 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2013, 02:17:29 PM by MickeyT2008

I'm still having trouble with the US server sometimes losing its connection, or taking up to a couple of minutes to accept shares, resulting in all stale shares, the EU pool is unusable because it's behaving in the same way but worse.  I also assume that it's not my computers or internet connection causing it because my brother is having the same trouble.  The server stays connected but stops working properly, meaning that I have to disconnect and then reconnect, something that I can only do if I'm at the computer and notice it.

I'm not nagging you here, I'm just wondering if you're aware of this issue, it affects your income as well as ours.  (We're in the UK by the way, maybe this problem is less noticeable to you if the server is nearby).

Anyway, hopefully you'll be able to sort this out because other than that issue this is my favourite pool so far and I want to be able to stick with it, clearly you've put a lot of work into designing it.

Edit:  I've also noticed that both my computers seem to do this together, and because I was chatting on Skype with my brother at the time I found out that his did at the same time too.

This account has recently been hacked and taken over, I haven't posted anything for about two years.  Whoever has been using it and pretending to be me is a scammer.
Torn

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

Free Dog to good home

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 03:10:39 PM

I'm still having trouble with the US server sometimes losing its connection, or taking up to a couple of minutes to accept shares, resulting in all stale shares, the EU pool is unusable because it's behaving in the same way but worse.  I also assume that it's not my computers or internet connection causing it because my brother is having the same trouble.  The server stays connected but stops working properly, meaning that I have to disconnect and then reconnect, something that I can only do if I'm at the computer and notice it.

I'm not nagging you here, I'm just wondering if you're aware of this issue, it affects your income as well as ours.  (We're in the UK by the way, maybe this problem is less noticeable to you if the server is nearby).

Anyway, hopefully you'll be able to sort this out because other than that issue this is my favourite pool so far and I want to be able to stick with it, clearly you've put a lot of work into designing it.

Edit:  I've also noticed that both my computers seem to do this together, and because I was chatting on Skype with my brother at the time I found out that his did at the same time too.

Are you using skype on your mining rig? Just curious. Also, have you done a tracert to the server you are connecting to? What does it show if anything? There are several things that can affect your connections so you need to go through them and see where the issue is.
When 875 miners are doing fine w/0 issues and you and brother have a problem then it is highly likely the issue is on your end somewhere. Do a little geekwork and we can probably help you fix whatever it is.

GL.

Will not trade sex for coins regardless of rumors! You may still attempt if you want.
Igotcha

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 03:24:25 PM

Have the same problem for 2-3 days now. cgminer crashes often using this pool. It ran for weeks without any problems before.
MickeyT2008

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 03:39:05 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2013, 03:58:05 PM by MickeyT2008

Are you using skype on your mining rig? Just curious. Also, have you done a tracert to the server you are connecting to? What does it show if anything? There are several things that can affect your connections so you need to go through them and see where the issue is.
When 875 miners are doing fine w/0 issues and you and brother have a problem then it is highly likely the issue is on your end somewhere. Do a little geekwork and we can probably help you fix whatever it is.

GL.
I'm only using Skype for text chat or occasionally audio, and most of the time it's either doing nothing or not running, besides which it's only running on one of my machines and both are having trouble, but they are sharing their internet connection (60Mbps down/3Mbps up fibre).  Other than that I'm running Google Chrome with a few things like Clark Moody's on them, but the other machine is only running GUIMiner-Scrypt.  These are the only two machines on my network, there isn't someone else here running uTorrent or anything like that.  My neighbours are all elderly so it's unlikely that any of them are downloading through my WiFi, I do run an open WiFi but according to the logs it just gets used occasionally by my one younger neighbour for his iPhone and iPad, most of the time he's out anyway.  As for my brother having the same issue at the same time, he lives sixty miles away and uses a different ISP.

I'll run that trace in a bit when I get back from the shops, thanks for your suggestions.  Neither my brother nor I can get the EU server to play nicely, if we could then that might sort the problem as it could just be because we're using a server that's half way around the planet from here.

Thanks

Edit:  I've just tried the EU server again and now it seems to be working and happily submitting shares, maybe it's been fixed.  Hopefully it'll be okay now, I'll see how well it's been running when I get back from my shopping mission in a bit.

Edit:  Could running a proxy server on each machine on the same internet connection cause this problem?  After I posted the last edit I put my second machine onto the EU server and then it started having the same sort of trouble again.  I've just switched one to the US server and the other to the EU server, it's only been five minutes since I did that but so far they seem a lot happier.  I'll see if I can set up a single server for them to share when I get back if they're still running okay.

This account has recently been hacked and taken over, I haven't posted anything for about two years.  Whoever has been using it and pretending to be me is a scammer.
MickeyT2008

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 04:14:20 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2013, 04:26:27 PM by MickeyT2008

Have the same problem for 2-3 days now. cgminer crashes often using this pool. It ran for weeks without any problems before.
I'm still having the same problems, those things I just tried didn't work.  Between you, my brother and I that's three of us having problems so maybe it's nothing to do with my configs, I've not had this problem on any other pools and both machines have happily worked together with a proxy server each before.

I only joined this pool three days ago so I can't refer back to how it was before then

Edit:  The problem seems to be intermittent, one thing I did wonder about was the high popularity of this pool and the speed of the server which is hosting it or its internet connection, things which of course are beyond my control and which I have no information about.

Aurum

Activity: 453

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 04:26:16 PM

I'm still having trouble with the US server sometimes losing its connection, or taking up to a couple of minutes to accept shares, resulting in all stale shares, the EU pool is unusable because it's behaving in the same way but worse.  I also assume that it's not my computers or internet connection causing it because my brother is having the same trouble.  The server stays connected but stops working properly, meaning that I have to disconnect and then reconnect, something that I can only do if I'm at the computer and notice it.

I've got 9 cgminers running and haven't had any issues in days. Post your *.conf file and maybe I can help.

ghghghfgh
MickeyT2008

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 04:50:30 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2013, 05:12:44 PM by MickeyT2008

I've got 9 cgminers running and haven't had any issues in days. Post your *.conf file and maybe I can help.
Which conf file?  Reaper's?  I'm not quite sure which files you mean, so this will be a long post as I try to make sure that I include everything.  I appreciate your help.  I'll put these in separate posts so that it's less confusing than putting them one after the other.

First, poclbm_scrypt.

{
    "profiles": [
[(snip!  That's all the irrelevant parts that refer to other pools removed!)]
        {
            "username": "",
            "hostname": "pool1.us.multipool.us",
            "texcache": "Disabled",
            "external_path": "PROXY",
            "intensity": "",
            "gputhreads": "",
            "thrcon": "",
            "device": 0,
            "warpflags": "auto",
            "password": "",
            "port": "7777",
            "balance_auth_token": "",
            "worksize": "",
            "name": "Multipool US Proxy",
            "singlemem": "Yes",
            "vectors": "",
            "affinity_mask": 1,
            "flags": "",
            "autostart": false,
            "stratum": "Yes",
            "interactive": "Yes"
        },
        {
            "username": "",
            "hostname": "pool1.eu.multipool.us",
            "texcache": "Disabled",
            "external_path": "PROXY",
            "warpflags": "auto",
            "password": "",
            "port": "7777",
            "name": "Multipool EU Proxy",
        },
        {
            "username": "MickeyT2008.MLT",
            "hostname": "localhost",
            "texcache": "2D",
            "external_path": "CUDAMINER",
            "warpflags": "32x8",
            "password": "1",
            "port": "8332",
            "name": "Multipool CudaMiner",
        }
    ],
    "bitcoin_executable": "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Bitcoin\\bitcoin-qt.exe",
    "show_console": true,
    "show_summary": false,
    "show_opencl_warning": true,
    "console_max_lines": 5000,
    "start_minimized": false,
    "blockchain_directory": "C:\\Users\\Mickey\\AppData\\Roaming\\Bitcoin",
    "window_position": [
    ]
}

EDIT:  The bitcoin executable referred to in the last section isn't installed on this machine

Aurum

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 04:52:21 PM

GL.
I'm only using Skype for text chat or occasionally audio, and most of the time it's either doing nothing or not running, besides which it's only running on one of my machines and both are having trouble, but they are sharing their internet connection (60Mbps down/3Mbps up fibre).  Other than that I'm running Google Chrome with a few things like Clark Moody's on them, but the other machine is only running GUIMiner-Scrypt.  These are the only two machines on my network, there isn't someone else here running uTorrent or anything like that.  My neighbours are all elderly so it's unlikely that any of them are downloading through my WiFi, I do run an open WiFi but according to the logs it just gets used occasionally by my one younger neighbour for his iPhone and iPad, most of the time he's out anyway.  As for my brother having the same issue at the same time, he lives sixty miles away and uses a different ISP.

I'll run that trace in a bit when I get back from the shops, thanks for your suggestions.  Neither my brother nor I can get the EU server to play nicely, if we could then that might sort the problem as it could just be because we're using a server that's half way around the planet from here.

Thanks

Edit:  I've just tried the EU server again and now it seems to be working and happily submitting shares, maybe it's been fixed.  Hopefully it'll be okay now, I'll see how well it's been running when I get back from my shopping mission in a bit.

Edit:  Could running a proxy server on each machine on the same internet connection cause this problem?  After I posted the last edit I put my second machine onto the EU server and then it started having the same sort of trouble again.  I've just switched one to the US server and the other to the EU server, it's only been five minutes since I did that but so far they seem a lot happier.  I'll see if I can set up a single server for them to share when I get back if they're still running okay.
Any chance you're mining XPM??? With a single core CPU it can almost bring it to a halt.
Did recently install a new wallet and you're downloading its blockchain? That slows my PC down to a snail's pace.
What difficulty have you set? I know with Block Erupters a high difficulty is detrimental. But, my GPU miners don't care what difficulty I set.
Open your Task Manager and see what applications and processes are running. I downloaded a shareware ap the other day and it installed this obnoxious PCBackUp that was grinding away in background. Uninstalling it sped my PC back to normal.

ghghghfgh
Aurum

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 05:07:49 PM

Which conf file?  Reaper's?  I'm not quite sure which files you mean, so this will be a long post as I try to make sure that I include everything.  I appreciate your help.  I'll put these in separate posts so that it's less confusing than putting them one after the other.

First, poclbm_scrypt.

I only use CGMiner 3.4.3 and don't know GUI-Miner or Reaper.
Are you mining scrypt or SHA-256? What kind of miner are you using?
poclbm_scrypt sounds like a contradiction. I thought poclbm was Kon's custom SHA-256 kernel, not for scrypt.
I see a lot of empty parameters "". How do they get assigned?

ghghghfgh
MickeyT2008

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 05:11:01 PM

Any chance you're mining XPM??? With a single core CPU it can almost bring it to a halt.
Did recently install a new wallet and you're downloading its blockchain? That slows my PC down to a snail's pace.
What difficulty have you set? I know with Block Erupters a high difficulty is detrimental. But, my GPU miners don't care what difficulty I set.
Open your Task Manager and see what applications and processes are running. I downloaded a shareware ap the other day and it installed this obnoxious PCBackUp that was grinding away in background. Uninstalling it sped my PC back to normal.
I'm mining whatever the Multipool server has switched to, but XPM isn't one of the coins it deals with.  I do have the EMD (Emerald) and BTB (Bitbar) wallet applications but neither are running.  I'm not doing any CPU mining, just GPU.  The first machine's specs are:  QX9650 Core2Quad Extreme, 4GB DDR3-1600, GTX580 running Cudaminer  (difficulty 16).  The other one's are:  Phenom X3 710, 4GB DDR2-800, HD5870 running Reaper (difficulty 32).  Both are running their miners via GUIMiner-Scrypt Alpha x0.04.  Google Chrome is fully using one processor core on the machine with the GTX580 as this is my main machine, both machines are running HWMonitor to keep an eye on their GPU temperatures, other than that there's not much else running, the HDD is mostly idle and there's plenty of ram free.  I set the difficulties as suggested by the Multipool website, I could try raising them, maybe that would cut down on the network traffic.

Cudaminer's batch file that starts it for the GTX580:

"C:\Users\Mickey\Downloads\guiminer-scrypt_win32_binaries_v0.04\cudaminer\cudaminer.exe" -o http://localhost:8332/ -O MickeyT2008.MLT:1 -d 0 -i 1 -l 32x8 -C 2 -m 1

Reaper.conf from the machine with the HD5870:

kernel reaper.cl
save_binaries yes
enable_graceful_shutdown no
long_polling yes
platform 0
device 0

mine litecoin

And the litecoin.conf file that it uses, I assume that using that is correct with scrypt:

host localhost
port 8332
user MickeyT2008.MLT2
pass [removed]

protocol litecoin

gpu_thread_concurrency 6720
worksize 256
vectors 1
aggression 18
threads_per_gpu 1
sharethreads 32
lookup_gap 2

MickeyT2008

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 05:15:46 PM

That poclbm file is from the machine with the GTX580 in it.  I'm not sure how the empty values get assigned, maybe GUIMiner-Scrypt passes them over when you start the miner because changing the settings in GUIMiner-Scrypt does change its behaviour.

Edit:  The batch file that starts CudaMiner passes them over, the poclbm-scrypt.ini file just seems to be holding a record of the various miners that I've set up.

I have to go out to buy something to eat now, I've been sat here all day and haven't eaten yet, and it's getting dark.  I'll be back in an hour or so and I do appreciate your help.  Tbh I'm not sure that the problem is with the configuration of my machine considering how I'm not the only person having this problem.

flound1129 (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 05:20:54 PM

I'm still having the same problems, those things I just tried didn't work.  Between you, my brother and I that's three of us having problems so maybe it's nothing to do with my configs, I've not had this problem on any other pools and both machines have happily worked together with a proxy server each before.

I only joined this pool three days ago so I can't refer back to how it was before then

Edit:  The problem seems to be intermittent, one thing I did wonder about was the high popularity of this pool and the speed of the server which is hosting it or its internet connection, things which of course are beyond my control and which I have no information about.

There was an issue with one of the FTC pool servers that I have just corrected.  Let me know if your situation improves.  It's looking like I'm going to have to add a 4th US pool server to maintain N+1 redundancy as two servers are not able to fully handle the load when one goes down.

I'm also going to be adding an EU wallet server, to help improve the situation with the EU pool.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
MickeyT2008

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 05:23:21 PM

Edit:  The problem seems to be intermittent, one thing I did wonder about was the high popularity of this pool and the speed of the server which is hosting it or its internet connection, things which of course are beyond my control and which I have no information about.

There was an issue with one of the FTC pool servers that I have just corrected.  Let me know if your situation improves.  It's looking like I'm going to have to add a 4th US pool server to maintain N+1 redundancy as two servers are not able to fully handle the load when one goes down.
Okay, thanks.  I'll let you know how it goes.  I suppose that could cause an intermittent problem because the pool switches cryptocurrencies regularly, if so then that would explain why it's fine sometimes and not others.  I'll also have a look next time to see if the pool has switched to mining FTC when this happens.

Anyway, I really need to go out and hunt down some food before I fade away!!  Going for a walk instead of endlessly sitting in this chair sounds like a healthy idea too.  Thanks everyone.

Aurum

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 05:30:50 PM

That poclbm file is from the machine with the GTX580 in it.  I'm not sure how the empty values get assigned, maybe GUIMiner-Scrypt passes them over when you start the miner because changing the settings in GUIMiner-Scrypt does change its behaviour.

Edit:  The batch file that starts CudaMiner passes them over, the poclbm-scrypt.ini file just seems to be holding a record of the various miners that I've set up.

I have to go out to buy something to eat now, I've been sat here all day and haven't eaten yet, and it's getting dark.  I'll be back in an hour or so and I do appreciate your help.  Tbh I'm not sure that the problem is with the configuration of my machine considering how I'm not the only person having this problem.
Difficulty: For GPUs just use MP's recommended values. Not an issue.
Coins: Are you mining TRC or ZET (SHA-256) or LTC, NVC, FTC...CGB (scrypt) coins? Two different ball games.
Server: Try the US server. I've used EU servers before and couldn't tell the difference.
CGMiner: Are you interested in trying it? I could show you how and you can leave the other programs on your PC and pick which you like.

Edit: I see now, you're following MultiPort in the scrypt coins.
Sounds like flound identified your problem.

ghghghfgh
raveneye

Activity: 122

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 06:35:10 PM

Okay, thanks.  I'll let you know how it goes.  I suppose that could cause an intermittent problem because the pool switches cryptocurrencies regularly, if so then that would explain why it's fine sometimes and not others.  I'll also have a look next time to see if the pool has switched to mining FTC when this happens.

Anyway, I really need to go out and hunt down some food before I fade away!!  Going for a walk instead of endlessly sitting in this chair sounds like a healthy idea too.  Thanks everyone.

Another thing to consider is that maybe some other device on your home network is choking out your internet connection.  Run "ping -t pool1.us.multipool.us" and see what kind of ping times you are getting.  If they are more than 100-200 ms, it may be a network issue on your end.

One-by-one, go around the house and either disconnect, disable wi-fi, or power off anything that is using the connection.  Computers, cell phones, DVRs, TVs, gaming consoles, etc.  If the ping rate drops significantly when you turn one of them off, it might be causing you problems.
MickeyT2008

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 06:47:35 PM

Difficulty: For GPUs just use MP's recommended values. Not an issue.
Coins: Are you mining TRC or ZET (SHA-256) or LTC, NVC, FTC...CGB (scrypt) coins? Two different ball games.
Server: Try the US server. I've used EU servers before and couldn't tell the difference.
CGMiner: Are you interested in trying it? I could show you how and you can leave the other programs on your PC and pick which you like.

Edit: I see now, you're following MultiPort in the scrypt coins.
Sounds like flound identified your problem.
The difficulty levels I'm using are the recommended ones.  The US server ping time is about 155-165ms, the EU server's ping is 25-27ms.  At the moment I've been using the US server, the PC with the GTX580/Cudaminer so far has about 4% stale shares, the one with the HD5870/Reaper has about 10% stale shares.  However, it is mining FTC right now and not running into trouble.  I'll try switching to the EU server again to see if it's working properly, it might help to reduce the amount of stale shares.  To know if it's definitely running better or not with either server means running it for long enough to be sure, as opposed to me running it for five minutes and then posting back here.  There's nothing connected to my network which could be overloading it, just my phone, my neighbour's two phones and his iPad, and my Netgear Stora NAS hard drive, which I can see from here isn't doing anything because its hard drive lights aren't flashing.

Jaden

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 08:14:37 PM

Where did all of the hashing power go?
raveneye

Activity: 122

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 08:24:49 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2013, 09:19:13 PM by raveneye

It looks like shares for FTC are not getting counted.  Hopefully it is just a display issue.
We did find a FTC block a few minutes ago:
http://explorer.feathercoin.com/block/eb1ec25d993803adb911be466bd5a2e49383e983ea7827dbc999f36f3fa8a116
It just has not shown up on the multipool website yet.

EDIT: The block is now on the MP site, and seems to be correct.  https://www.multipool.us/blockdetail.php?block=87906&curr=ftc
MickeyT2008

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 09:17:34 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2013, 09:37:42 PM by MickeyT2008

It looks like shares for FTC are not getting counted.  Hopefully it is just a display issue.
We did find a FTC block a few minutes ago:
http://explorer.feathercoin.com/block/eb1ec25d993803adb911be466bd5a2e49383e983ea7827dbc999f36f3fa8a116
It just has not shown up on the multipool website yet.
I was just going to mention that.  By switching to the EU server it seemed to be happily staying connected now, providing work to my miners but it seems that a lot of my shares haven't been being counted, well it looks that way from the graph on the website anyway.  It also looks the same for the rest of the pool too.  According to the Multipool website I've only made 0.0060015BTC (60p UK pennies for about £4 spent on electricity) in the last 24 hours so unfortunately I have to stop mining here for now.  I'll keep checking back and as soon as I see the pool hash rate graph showing solidly I'll be back again because other than this issue I like this pool.

Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: