Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:12:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [IoP] Fermat presents the Internet of People App Token  (Read 66323 times)
trader19
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 04:23:55 PM

Networks Statistics Road-map

The Location Based Network, Content Address Network and Profiles Servers have already been released on alpha. So far it is very difficult to collect statistics network wide, since there are no tools developed for this purpose. I can imagine a series of public sites run by different community members to keep track of these networks, collecting statistics and providing insights on their growth, the information that is stored there and many other facts. Also, by being able to visualize them, it will become easier to explain what they are and how they work.
A Network Statistics Roadmap can include the following[.....]

continue reading

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
trader19
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 04:26:50 PM

IoP Wallets Road-map

User Experience is a critical aspect of our products and is directly tied to the success of the project. Bad user experience introduces adoption barriers that can have very serious implications on the rate of adoption of whatever we create.
So far we have deployed only wallets. Very soon two mobile apps which are part of our governance system will be added to the list. In the case of wallets, we have two [.....]

continue reading

marmai (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

We know our future, because we are building it!

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 08:54:00 PM

I want to announce, that the Fermat Chapters are going to install the LOC, PS and CAN during this weeks on their servers. We will make first tests in production network and take further developments from there!

In this stage the Fermat Team proved, that out Vision is ambitious, but we get there! The whole Team is more than ever confident in reaching our goals!

Thanks the Fermat Chapters, that so far believed in us, that trusted us, and like us for not generating falsified hype around nothing (or just a bitcoin fork).

Libertaria - Freedom, Peace, Prosperity!
We are developing the decentralised stack for a freer world.
1524mash

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 08:56:19 PM

Added to my bookmarks will come back to follow Smiley
@Hakermania@

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 09:46:57 PM

I want to announce, that the Fermat Chapters are going to install the LOC, PS and CAN during this weeks on their servers. We will make first tests in production network and take further developments from there!

In this stage the Fermat Team proved, that out Vision is ambitious, but we get there! The whole Team is more than ever confident in reaching our goals!

Thanks the Fermat Chapters, that so far believed in us, that trusted us, and like us for not generating falsified hype around nothing (or just a bitcoin fork).

I love Fermat, i would really love to get more deep  , but for sure is more complex project than dash coin! I really will follow this project in the near future!

_Crypto made easier than cash_
▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
Kimpoiluiseta

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 08:33:55 AM

hello. what is the real supply of IOPs? On coinmarketcap there are three different numbers:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/internet-of-people/

Circulating Supply
? IOP

Total Supply
2,128,765 IOP

Max Supply
21,000,000 IOP

Anybody knows what these numbers mean? What is difference between total and max supply? For example bitcoin does not have a total supply figure

What inflation rate do we have right now?

total suply is ready coin in market
and maximal suply, coin is still must use mining and distribution still use mining

▄▄▄
            ▄█████▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
    ▄████▀███████████▀████▄
  ▄████▀   ▀███████▀   ▀████▄
  ████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
   ▀████▄ ▄████▀████▄ ▄████▀
     ▀███████▀   ▀███████▀
       ▀████▄     ▄████▀
         ▀████▄ ▄████▀
           ▀███████▀
             ▀███▀

▐███████▌           ▐███▌      ▐███▌        ████         ██████████████
     █████████           █████      █████        ████         ▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀
    ▐███▌ ▐███▌         ▐█████▌    ▐█████▌       ████              ████
    ████   ████         ███████    ███████       ████              ████
   ▐███▌   ▐███▌       ▐███▌███▌  ▐███▐███▌      ████              ████
   ████     ████       ████  ███  ███  ████      ████              ████
  ▐███████▄ ▐███▌     ▐███▌  ▐██▌▐██▌  ▐███▌     ████              ████
  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀ ████     ████    ██████    ████     ████              ████
 ▐███▌       ▐███▌   ▐███▌    ▐████▌    ▐███▌    ███████████       ████
 ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀
███▀
▐▌

▐▌

███▄
....The Token of Compliance....

❱❱  Facebook   ❱❱  Twitter   ❱❱  Telegram   ❱❱  Blog
▀███
▐▌

▐▌

▄███
███▀
▐▌

▐▌

███▄
▀███
▐▌

▐▌

▄███
davembg

Activity: 340
Merit: 251

Smell the glove.

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 05:58:16 AM

How does one get "whitelisted"?
Can I just use an address from the list and mineto my address?
CroDam

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 12:50:22 PM

Hello,
you can find all answers here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1686369.0
davembg

Activity: 340
Merit: 251

Smell the glove.

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 08:51:51 PM

Hello,

I do see requirements, not necessarily answers.

From what I can see, you have to "know someone" in order to take advantage of mining the IoP network at this time.
I can't help but think this project has an "Amway business opportunity" to it - I'd love to be wrong about this.
The concept and philosophy seems aligned with the crypto movement. But, seems to missing the open aspect on
which it's core software was conceived.
marmai (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

We know our future, because we are building it!

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 09:19:55 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2017, 02:32:09 PM by marmai

Hello,

From what I can see, you have to "know someone" in order to take advantage of mining the IoP network at this time.
I can't help but think this project has an "Amway business opportunity" to it - I'd love to be wrong about this.
The concept and philosophy seems aligned with the crypto movement. But, seems to missing the open aspect on

Hi there,
thanks for your interest in Fermat!

The Fermat Project is not "just" a coin and thus about mining coins. We have a token, which is more or less a Bitcoin fork today with some significant modifications. The token price reflects like a share the perceived value of the current project.
The Project is at this stage in a very early alpha stage. The early adopters like chapters help us building the network and as a reward, they can mine (cpu mining) some tokens. The token will later be transformed into hybrid PoS system and those Chapters be rewarded for the year long trust and support! Measurements like our mining cap is enforcing CPU miners and avoid a race among them.
The topic Fermat is difficult to understand and harder to explain. The amount to read seems lucky (not our intention) to be an obstacle that filters unqualified people.
The requirements are not that high, as it seems, believe me :-)
we just want to make sure, that not pure miners join, but people that like to make in impact and change the world.

In this stage, the project is open for Fermat Chapters to join, and people can join those chapters. We want people that support us and invest time and share the same vision. Not preliminary (only) miners. We started exclusive and slowly switch more to an inclusive model. I expect the project to open completely to the public after we have bootstrapped a stable network of chapters with almost worldwide coverage and after we reached significant milestones that can be considered as beta. If all goes well, we will be there in the second half of this year! The overall delay in our project is so far "only" one month!

This strategy is in this stage necessary so that one cannot take us down (gov.) with abuse behavior (bad people). We have a long term plan and don't want this to be endangered.

On the other hand, we are very open to new people that like to join and teach the world about decentralization, cryptos and Fermat. If you, for example, make meetups, that we can see (proof) online, then you are eligible to mine, too.

There are two options for you:
a. Connect to a chapter in your country and talk to them about what you could do to help Fermat and earn tokens.
b. If there is no chapter in your area then set one up and connect to us. Reserve your spot on the mining sheet and we take it from there...

In the end, as you see, it is not thaaaaaat difficult to join and become active member of the community ;-)

Cheers,
Markus

Libertaria - Freedom, Peace, Prosperity!
We are developing the decentralised stack for a freer world.
camelia_ena

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 06:39:57 PM

Hello,

Hi there, even a newbie like me managed to join the Fermat project. So no, it's not difficult at all. And I surely don't know someone inside the organisation, I've never even heard of Fermat untill 1,5 month ago. :-) 
Just read the thread and see what you can contribute to the community.
That's it. :-)
HomoHenning

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 08:40:01 PM

what happened to the price. what a crash. any reason?
trader19
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2017, 08:58:31 PM

what happened to the price. what a crash. any reason?
good opportunity to get in imho. i already did.

trader19
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2017, 09:50:35 PM

IoP Contributors APP Tutorial

Alpha Version of the Contributors App tutorial. Honestly I believe there is a lot of room for improvement on the app’s UX. Anyway, here are my two cents on how to create your first Contribution Contract.
This step by step tutorial will help you submit a Contribution Contract into the IoP Governance System. First of all you need an Android device and with it download the IoP Contributors App from the Play Store:

continue reading

download contribution APP for Android

trader19
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2017, 04:50:01 PM

Media @cointelegraph: Fermat Releases Alpha Profile Server In Bid To Launch “Internet of People”

“Internet of People” (IoP) startup Fermat has announced the release of a major part of its architecture for building P2P applications.

The Swiss-headquartered company has already been issuing tokens, mining contracts and wallets, and has now completed its Profile Server, an essential component allowing discovery and propagation of IoP.

The organization is currently organized into the so-called “chapters,” among which various tasks are distributed in order to maintain and expand the network.

The profile server “will enable any user to discover another user’s profile and establish a device-to-device connection directly between them,” an accompanying press release states.

Fermat is gaining attention within the Swiss cryptocurrency scene, having attracted partnerships from the country’s new government-backed Crypto Valley Association, which recently set up in the town of Zug.

One of its participants, iprotus’ Søren Fog, will even connect his Blockchain projects to the IoP in the future.

Luis Molina, Fermat CEO, says:
“Developing a global community is crucial to building a decentralized platform such as the Internet of People. We have seen a significant growth in interest from countries, states and metropolitan regions across the world since the Chapter network was established in November 2016 increasing our local chapters by over 20 month on month.”

Link to Article:

trader19
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2017, 02:47:48 PM

Media: Global Blockchain Project FERMAT Announces Partnership With Bitcoin Suisse AG

Fermat, is one of the new kids on the block in regards to blockchain technology. It is an anticipated decentralized and blockchain-enabled open source project developing the Internet of People, and it has some exciting partnership news.

Today Fermat announced a partnership agreement with Bitcoin Suisse AG, a Swiss financial service provider, broker, and wealth manager, specifically geared for crypto-financial assets.

This agreement will allow Fermat stakeholders to purchase IoP tokens with any fiat currency for the first time.

Getting its start back in April of 2016, Fermat is building an infrastructure with an open social graph, direct access channel to people and direct device to device communication. Fermat’s graphchain tech allows both a global mapping of everybody with verified proof of how they are related, in addition to how people to people and company to people interactions without being put through intermediaries. This is often referred to as the Internet of People, a revolutionary vision from the mind of Luis Molina. It serves to eliminate all unnecessary intermediaries resulting in cheaper transactions.

The IoP has an integrated cryptocurrency, and tokens are currently traded via Bittrex. This partnership agreement will allow [....]

continue reading:

galaxiekyl
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1113

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 04:00:46 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2017, 04:30:30 AM by galaxiekyl

hi fermat project..i came across the site by loss of temp and i read some line of this big project..its really a great project but that i couldt not decrypt in totality..and finally I came across on the part wich interested me..i wanted just to know if i could mining some token but it seems that its not really open publicly..so i I left my trace in the doc maybe someone will contact me..I like the organizational side may be less the exclusive side. .pending that i'm listed or rejected i will learning more of all that.

PS:maybe yu know nexus project..it is great project also of décentralization of internet and world access at communication without third peoples..i think that some point are similar..and these project can revolutioned world of communications p2p.
trader19
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 11:31:04 AM

Introducing Redtooth

It is like Bluetooth but with a global range enabling the pairing of devices over the internet.
Redtooth is the name of our client-side technology that we are starting to build these days. This is the technology that runs on end user devices and facilitates device-to-device connections. It uses the several services of the IoP including the Profile Servers, STUN and TURN servers, LOC and CAN networks, etc. It is essentially an IoP client library that helps IoP connected apps to manage all the low level protocols needed to interact with [.....]

continue reading:

trader19
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 11:40:30 AM

Update: IoP Full Nodes

IoP Full Nodes are a set of components of the Internet of People infrastructure packaged together and run by the Fermat community.

As of today, an IoP Full Node contains 4 components:
1. IoP Token Server (IoP Core): The software that processes IoP token transactions and stores them on a blockchain. It also runs our governance system that processes Contribution Contracts.
2. Profile Server (PRO SRV): The software that hosts the IoP open social graph and stores it on a graphchain.
3. Location Based Network Node (LOC NET): The software that creates a p2p network of nodes based on their geolocation. It allows other services to be geolocalized.
4. Content Address Network Node: (CAN NET): This software creates a p2p network of nodes that manages an index of information managed by other IoP servers. Initially it manages an index of Profiles.

The list of components will eventually grow as we release more of them. In the short term / middle term we should be including:
  • Proximity Server (PXY SRV): This software allows people to share their location and allows other people to find them.
  • Reputation Server: This component manages people’s reputation within the system.
  • Stun & Turn Server: These servers enable device to device connections.
Until now, we have chapters running only the IoP Token Server in order to mine IoPs. Since we’ve released the other 3 components a few weeks ago the IoP Full node containing all the components is being installed. It is important for the project that every chapter runs an IoP Full node. By doing so we will be able to test the other 3 components on a large scale. There are features that can only be tested once we have more than 100 IoP Full nodes, such as the clustering of nodes into neighborhoods.
Also, deploying more than a 100 nodes makes us hit a nice milestone and our infrastructure start to be considered by entrepreneurs for connecting their apps to it. Running a full node today will not cause an overhead to your computer as mining do. Most of the time these components will sit idle doing nothing until the day the first apps get connected.
Later in the future, mining licenses will be active only if a full node with a good reputation is running. You can refer to these plans in the IoP whitepaper. In the meantime we will check this manually. So be sure to install a full IoP Node on the computer or server that you are using for mining. The project doesn’t need chapters mining without running the whole infrastructure provided by the IoP Full Node. The whole mining scheme is designed exactly for this, as an incentive to run the decentralized infrastructure. So let’s go and install 200 IoP full nodes and show app devs that we are ready for the show!
Thanks to Amadeo Charlé for the editing.

original article:

Mgrover

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 12:29:30 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1846962.new#new

Indian traslation (Hindi)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: