Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:02:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH, ETC, ZEC then what ?  (Read 2823 times)
maxmad_x

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

It takes a lot to build but not much to lose

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 04:04:16 PM

yep. its gonna be ugly once ETH mining stops.
ETCseems to be holding price for now and they have diffused the difficulty bomb so probably will keep the same. So yeah, Zclassic, ZEC, ETC, XMR, lbry, Silk are going to be coins left for mining

Profitability will likely be half to less than half of what we see now. That means any gfxcard that uses high power/hash ratio will take a hit. Anyone who has got higher cost of electricity will take a hit first. So basically all the miners are in for a bad time. Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Quarknet

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 05:37:48 PM

ETCseems to be holding price for now and they have diffused the difficulty bomb so probably will keep the same. So yeah, Zclassic, ZEC, ETC, XMR, lbry, Silk are going to be coins left for mining

Profitability will likely be half to less than half of what we see now. That means any gfxcard that uses high power/hash ratio will take a hit. Anyone who has got higher cost of electricity will take a hit first. So basically all the miners are in for a bad time. Sad

When the ETH stops PoW, it will be a dead coin like the XRP or NXT. It will not have support from the miners.
Assanger

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 08:40:36 AM

When the ETH stops PoW, it will be a dead coin like the XRP or NXT. It will not have support from the miners.

That is right. Most PoS coins are not in good shape.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 09:31:23 AM

Me personally, I have been sticking to the other algos.  They have been steady and consistent payment.

Then again;  I don't do it like most of you seem to.  I do a direct mine->Exchange->wallet.  I do not hold coins, only BTC.  The rewards from mining this way are reliable, and when BTC jumps in price, I usually notice the altcoin rig payouts decrease 1-3 weeks later.   So all in all, the price of the altcoins, is being correlated to BTC in my eyes; and the pattern is pretty simple to see.  You just have to watch how people are acting on it and understand why the price is swinging as it is.   Sometimes you reap the benefits of pumps, and it's seen in a graph of my earnings now and then.... They were so big once I emailed the pool operator to make sure the pool didn't make an error and screw him out of some $$$, but the logs showed why.... just an abnormal buy price.

Still to this day, to me, ETH is just a rudimentary compiler and script/code storage system piggybacked on the concept of digital tokens like BTC.   Complete garbage in the scope of the sense.   I've never mined ETH/ETC, only bought and sold a few times during the scares and made a few dollars.  Nothing special.  Seeing how people have been with their software as well;  especially centered around ETH and a few others; I am very disappointed in that side of the community as well.  Purely showing how selfish and self-centered some people can be when the digital currency concept is openness and community support.  Now it's feeling like most other C++/programming forums where people ask for help, and get shamed and trash talked for asking a very basic question;  unacceptable behavior.   (I will add that the BTC developer fighting about changing the code and trying to expand the network capability debate is also in this realm in my eyes).

I have tried mining Equihash, but the payout was less than my nvidia cards mining on Lyra2v2 by far....  I haven't had any incentive to restart the miner and at-least reach a minimum payout from NH.

As far as CPU, I have been getting pretty good payouts from xevan.  The wattage/profit factor is garbage.. pretty much negative, but I don't run CPU miners where I have to pay for the electricity.... so it's a win/win concept.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
Quarknet

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 03:05:52 PM

Me personally, I have been sticking to the other algos.  They have been steady and consistent payment.

Then again;  I don't do it like most of you seem to.  I do a direct mine->Exchange->wallet.  I do not hold coins, only BTC.  The rewards from mining this way are reliable, and when BTC jumps in price, I usually notice the altcoin rig payouts decrease 1-3 weeks later.   So all in all, the price of the altcoins, is being correlated to BTC in my eyes; and the pattern is pretty simple to see.  You just have to watch how people are acting on it and understand why the price is swinging as it is.   Sometimes you reap the benefits of pumps, and it's seen in a graph of my earnings now and then.... They were so big once I emailed the pool operator to make sure the pool didn't make an error and screw him out of some $$$, but the logs showed why.... just an abnormal buy price.

Still to this day, to me, ETH is just a rudimentary compiler and script/code storage system piggybacked on the concept of digital tokens like BTC.   Complete garbage in the scope of the sense.   I've never mined ETH/ETC, only bought and sold a few times during the scares and made a few dollars.  Nothing special.  Seeing how people have been with their software as well;  especially centered around ETH and a few others; I am very disappointed in that side of the community as well.  Purely showing how selfish and self-centered some people can be when the digital currency concept is openness and community support.  Now it's feeling like most other C++/programming forums where people ask for help, and get shamed and trash talked for asking a very basic question;  unacceptable behavior.   (I will add that the BTC developer fighting about changing the code and trying to expand the network capability debate is also in this realm in my eyes).

I have tried mining Equihash, but the payout was less than my nvidia cards mining on Lyra2v2 by far....  I haven't had any incentive to restart the miner and at-least reach a minimum payout from NH.

As far as CPU, I have been getting pretty good payouts from xevan.  The wattage/profit factor is garbage.. pretty much negative, but I don't run CPU miners where I have to pay for the electricity.... so it's a win/win concept.

I do the same. The bitcoin is the king.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: