Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 08:53:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stock Market where the people are the assets  (Read 1697 times)
popovicbit (OP)

Activity: 144
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 09:33:10 PM

What do you guys think about creating a stock market where people are the assets?

I would initially limit the tokens representing people to celebrities or musicians. There can be colored coins that correspond to a known public figure. If that musician/actor comes out with a good album/movie, then their token/stock should go up in value.

I think this would be a fun use of crypto currencies and something people have not seen before.

This is just a half baked idea, but I want to get some feedback from you guys.
U2

Activity: 676
Merit: 503

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 09:47:14 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2016, 04:50:11 PM by U2

Rofl! You know what a stock is right? You own a portion of a company. You can't 'own' a celebrity or person because slavery is illegal. Go ahead and lock the thread now.
popovicbit (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 10:04:34 PM

Rofl! You what a stock is right? You own a portion of a company. You can't 'own' a celebrity or person because slavery is illegal. Go ahead and lock the thread now.

LOL!

This token would not be a legal ownership of a person.

Are you trolling me?
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 05:28:30 AM

What do you guys think about creating a stock market where people are the assets?

I would initially limit the tokens representing people to celebrities or musicians. There can be colored coins that correspond to a known public figure. If that musician/actor comes out with a good album/movie, then their token/stock should go up in value.

I think this would be a fun use of crypto currencies and something people have not seen before.

This is just a half baked idea, but I want to get some feedback from you guys.
So this is basically like "pokemon card collection" i mean the pokemons are celebrity or famous people and the cards are the coins when people in this case the fans collect or buy them the price would be increase. Sounds interesting though i never heard something like this before but if i'm not wrong there was a coin called "Trump coin" was that promoting trump or something else i don't know exactly.
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 06:05:30 AM

Looks interesting, but I still confused the coins is presenting to celebrity/musicians, it's means the celeb/musicians itself is not involved/connected to the coin? Just when they create a masterpiece, a coin/token go up value? It's not against the law?
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 09:33:57 AM

It would be better to think of it as buying and selling ownership of employees... But that's slavery lol.

Howabout team players in a team? But then you'll basically be a fantasy league. Lol.

Better luck next time bro Smiley
MartinL

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 09:52:02 AM

To stick with your stock market comparison: The incentive to owning a stock is that it gives the holder a claim to a portion of the company and any dividends. That is why a market for stocks exists and why people are interested in buying them.

What incentive does your proposed asset offer? Why would it be worth more or less depending on the performance of the person it's bound to?
senyorito123

Activity: 1764
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 10:39:21 AM

YOur idea will be good since we can follow peoples status symbol if they are popular, but i think its against the law, ita better to make it on stocks and really on companies on the said countries its because surely we can see many people would like it, and its totally acceptable by all people who's following business news, stocks on people would not be appealing just try to make a marketable aspects on wich true to life stock exchange.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

anonbit992

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

A Trader & An Investor

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 10:59:17 AM

The idea seems like one of a kind. But what if those celebrities sue you and the people involved? It looks like you are using their life and achievements to create this tokens and using it on the market. Be ready to go ahead if you don't mind facing lawsuits. I like your idea but it's risky to go ahead with.

██
                           ██████
                         █████████
                      █████████████
                    █████████████████
                      █████████████████
                       █████████████████
              ███        █████████████████
            ██████        █████████████████
          ██████████        █████████████████
       ██████████████        █████████████████
      █████████████████        █████████████████
       █████████████████        ████████████████
        █████████████████        █████████████
          █████████████████        █████████
           █████████████████        ██████
             █████████████████        ██
              █████████████████       
                █████████████████       
                 █████████████████       
                   █████████████████       
                    █████████████████       
                      █████████████████       
                       █████████████████       
                         █████████████████       
               ███        █████████████████
             ██████         █████████████████
           ██████████        █████████████████
         █████████████         █████████████████
          █████████████████        ███████████████
            █████████████████        ███████████
             █████████████████        ███████
               █████████████████        ███
                █████████████████
                  ████████████████
                   █████████████████
                     █████████████
                      ██████████
                        ██████
                         ██

●●  VISUAL STRATEGY BUILDER  ●● BOUNTY | ANN | WHITEPAPER 
●●  FOR CRYPTOTRADING  ●●●●●●●● TELEGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER 
         ALGORITHMIC TRADING | STRATEGY OPTIMIZATION | COPY TRADING
Dassi

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 12:51:16 PM

I see nothing wrong with OP's idea. At least now we have TIT coin - what's the coin for, promoting tits???
- OP's coin will make good sales because companies also pay celebs for product advertisements.
   So maybe OP can reach an agreement with the celebs.
Emerge
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 04:39:32 PM

I see nothing wrong with OP's idea. At least now we have TIT coin - what's the coin for, promoting tits???
- OP's coin will make good sales because companies also pay celebs for product advertisements.
   So maybe OP can reach an agreement with the celebs.

Yes, but its an infringement of copyrights to be saying that you have any form of ownership of a name in showbiz... Especially musicians and actors...
popovicbit (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 04:46:18 PM

So this is basically like "pokemon card collection" i mean the pokemons are celebrity or famous people and the cards are the coins when people in this case the fans collect or buy them the price would be increase. Sounds interesting though i never heard something like this before but if i'm not wrong there was a coin called "Trump coin" was that promoting trump or something else i don't know exactly.
[/quote]

Yes...very similar to pokemon cards. I imagine people trading them or buying them off of each other for fun.

It would be better to think of it as buying and selling ownership of employees... But that's slavery lol.

Howabout team players in a team? But then you'll basically be a fantasy league. Lol.

Better luck next time bro Smiley

I think the analogy to a fantasy league is a good one. People like the idea of sharing in the success of others and comparing their skills, in predicting who will do better, with their friends.

I would assume celebrities would want a piece of the action since we are using their likeness. We can give them a percentage(maybe 5%) of the total coins created based on their likeness.

I think the number of tokens created per celebrity should also be vast because I would like fans/users to purchase a large number of tokens without spending lots of money. i.e. $5 should be able to buy someone 1,000's of tokens. Obviously the price will be lower initally.
piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 03:30:09 PM

I think you can't list this coins in any exchanger because there will be nothing backing this colored coins or you are thinking of starting ICO for this one also? And i don't know why you think that the activity of celebrity or popularity of his new album/movie gonna pump the price of his individual named coin.  Roll Eyes Huh
popovicbit (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 04:59:53 PM

I think you can't list this coins in any exchanger because there will be nothing backing this colored coins or you are thinking of starting ICO for this one also? And i don't know why you think that the activity of celebrity or popularity of his new album/movie gonna pump the price of his individual named coin.  Roll Eyes Huh

I see these colored tokens similar to trading cards. There will be nothing backing them. I think the fun comes in when people realize these tokens/trading cards have a limit in number.

mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 2476

”We’ll send someone to the moon.” —DJT

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 05:04:22 PM

If it would have been existed, I would have bought lots of Donald Trump stocks.

Guess what, you can/could have already do/done that! Not every celebrity has a company in the stocks market though, there are many.

Emerge
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 05:20:56 PM

I see these colored tokens similar to trading cards. There will be nothing backing them. I think the fun comes in when people realize these tokens/trading cards have a limit in number.

Most successful trading assets in the market nowadays have actual backing and/or use in applications... Yours is just going to be a trading card game?
Without any backend at the moment?
popovicbit (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 06:37:00 PM

Can't these tokens be created in their own "eco-system"? I don't want to randomly create the "kanye coin", which already has been done, but I would like to create a separate space for these types of tokens.

I wish I had some programming skills to do an MVP.

How can the hurdle of copyright be taken care of?
arwin100

Activity: 2800
Merit: 823

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2016, 12:11:17 PM

Can't these tokens be created in their own "eco-system"? I don't want to randomly create the "kanye coin", which already has been done, but I would like to create a separate space for these types of tokens.

I wish I had some programming skills to do an MVP.

How can the hurdle of copyright be taken care of?

Just make an original one so you wouldn't complicates other peoples work and also if you don't have skills for building that, well you really need to hire people that can work for you so your project well be done according to your plan, and hiring skillef people can lessen your hassles get on how to make your projecy to be done, aswell us just do some crazy research first on how things work so you will have little knowledge about it since you are planning to build some great business ahead.

U2

Activity: 676
Merit: 503

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 04:53:27 PM

Rofl! You know what a stock is right? You own a portion of a company. You can't 'own' a celebrity or person because slavery is illegal. Go ahead and lock the thread now.

LOL!

This token would not be a legal ownership of a person.

Are you trolling me?

How is that a troll? It's a legitimate question. Do you understand what a stock is? If you own some arbitrary coin that has a celebrities name attached to it it's just some shitcoin (eg. Trumpcoin). Idiots will buy it because they feel that it's somehow attached to them but then when the shitcoin crashes because it's literally worthless they'll wonder why the celebrity status didn't make the coin more successful. It's because you don't own any asset that's actually attached to that celebrity. If you want to invest in a celebrity why not invest in one of their businesses?
BuySomeBitcoins

Activity: 434
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 06:42:28 PM

So, what is the value of a given token ?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: