Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:44:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] EQUIBIT (EQB) 📈 A P2P Decentralized Securities Platform 📈  (Read 30425 times)
johncassa

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 11:29:09 PM

The only thing i see as a problem

"EDC will retain any unsold equibits, as according to the sale’s terms and conditions."

Lets say only 400k sold

That means 600k free for the foundation.

Eg. 60℅ pre mine.

Or am i wrong, becuase the way the ico prices steep up high each level, it is like they wanted to sell as little as possible.
A hypothetical 60% pre mines is very high. Usually the pre mines is at most 10%.
I think for this hypothetical problem the Dev must find a solution.

If you are worried about the 600k premine; what about the other 21 milion coins that will be produced during mining? I am still wondering what the inflation rate will be. Look at Zcash and how that masssively declined in price due to inflation... Cant find any detailed info on the mining specs of equibits, so definately a no-go for me atm

The mining schedule is the same as Bitcoin, the mining algorithm is not the same, we will release more details as we get closer to launching the network.
We also expect to develop dedicated ASIC miners as per our roadmap, we want to release accurate info only at the right time.

Zcash has a different use case than Equibit, we decided to use a number that worked for EQBs in the long term for the specific use they have as a blank security
form that is also used for fees and access to the network. They can be blank, registered, as well as be returned to blank once registered.

We understand you guys are curious about our network and we appreciate the interest very much. Smiley
We also appreciate the support received so far, we are happy on how things are going, work on our end is progressing.

Our CEO, Chris Hoarlacher, returned from the Anarchapulco conference which was a very good event for Equibit in terms of synergies and exposure.

Our token sale is ongoing and the team is hard at work on the development and business side, getting the right parties interested in Equibit.
Stay tuned for more.

So to be clear; first years the total amount of coins mined will be 2.6 million per year like for bitcoin? Let me calculate; say 400k will be sold, this gives 3 million coins after the first year. Thats an inflation rate of 750 %, ugh... Price will decline quickly then. I'll skip this one...
Yes, I think the Dev should intervene and change something otherwise the ICO purchases stop.
I think this is the reason why the ICO sales go up very slowly.
Hi Dev, you are on holiday ... why don't reply?
You are not very active in this thread.

This does not goes well especially during the phase of ICO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
johncassa

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 05:44:23 PM

"EDC will retain any unsold equibits, as according to the sale’s terms and conditions."

Lets say only 400k sold

Eg. 60℅ pre mine.

Or am i wrong, becuase the way the ico prices steep up high each level, it is like they wanted to sell as little as possible.
A hypothetical 60% pre mines is very high. Usually the pre mines is at most 10%.

If you are worried about the 600k premine; what about the other 21 milion coins that will be produced during mining? I am still wondering what the inflation rate will be. Look at Zcash and how that masssively declined in price due to inflation... Cant find any detailed info on the mining specs of equibits, so definately a no-go for me atm

The mining schedule is the same as Bitcoin, the mining algorithm is not the same, we will release more details as we get closer to launching the network.
We also expect to develop dedicated ASIC miners as per our roadmap, we want to release accurate info only at the right time.

Zcash has a different use case than Equibit, we decided to use a number that worked for EQBs in the long term for the specific use they have as a blank security
form that is also used for fees and access to the network. They can be blank, registered, as well as be returned to blank once registered.

We understand you guys are curious about our network and we appreciate the interest very much. Smiley
We also appreciate the support received so far, we are happy on how things are going, work on our end is progressing.

Our CEO, Chris Hoarlacher, returned from the Anarchapulco conference which was a very good event for Equibit in terms of synergies and exposure.

Our token sale is ongoing and the team is hard at work on the development and business side, getting the right parties interested in Equibit.
Stay tuned for more.

So to be clear; first years the total amount of coins mined will be 2.6 million per year like for bitcoin? Let me calculate; say 400k will be sold, this gives 3 million coins after the first year. Thats an inflation rate of 750 %, ugh... Price will decline quickly then. I'll skip this one...
Yes, I think the Dev should intervene and change something otherwise the ICO purchases stop.

Hi Dev, why you do not answer? It begins to become suspicious.
Equibit (OP)

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

https://www.equibitgroup.com

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2017, 01:43:59 PM

Lets say only 400k sold

Eg. 60℅ pre mine.

Stay tuned for more.

Hi Dev, why you do not answer? It begins to become suspicious.

What's the question? We already replied in the comment above.

We are happy they way things are setup and how the sale is progressing.
There are no plans to change mining schedule at this time.

Visit our website at: https://www.equibitgroup.com/

Join our Slack community at: http://slack.equibitgroup.com/
Fobos2017

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 02:09:49 PM

Hi when pow will start and what algo ?
Equibit (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2017, 07:41:58 PM

The World Has Changed. #Equibit #Securities #Money.
Join Our ICO at: http://ico.equibit.org/

Equibit (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2017, 09:41:05 PM

BTC may have just gone down $200 but in our ICO it's still valued at $1,280 because we use a trailing 24h average!

Reserve your EQB with the Winklevoss discount at: https://ico.equibit.org #SEC #Winklevii

max.trekker

Activity: 141

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 10:52:08 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2017, 11:47:06 PM by max.trekker

Why would one invest in this project for 3usd/equibit if the mining schedule is the same as bitcoin? I mean then i would be able to mine about 1000 equibit in one week (on a regular pc) which would cost me less than 20 usd in electricity, but the ICO price for 1000 equibit is more than 30k :S. Do i have it all wrong or is the ICO price ridiculously high and will for sure plummet?
Equibit (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 12:30:21 AM

Why would one invest in this project for 3usd/equibit if the mining schedule is the same as bitcoin? I mean then i would be able to mine about 1000 equibit in one week (on a regular pc) which would cost me less than 20 usd in electricity, but the ICO price for 1000 equibit is more than 30k :S. Do i have it all wrong or is the ICO price ridiculously high and will for sure plummet?

When the network launches everyone will be able to mine, so we do expect some competition as we have received a lot of interest about the mining aspect from our supporters.

yufu571

Activity: 144

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 05:29:48 AM

BTC may have just gone down $200 but in our ICO it's still valued at $1,280 because we use a trailing 24h average!

Reserve your EQB with the Winklevoss discount at: https://ico.equibit.org #SEC #Winklevii

that makes sense. glad to invest in BTC!
DonApp

Activity: 275

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 06:22:18 AM

When the network launches everyone will be able to mine, so we do expect some competition as we have received a lot of interest about the mining aspect from our supporters.

You ignore the fact that the price will drop tremendously once mining is started. A similar situation as with Zcash will occur, which also dropped down in value significantly. Everyone who buys in this ICO will be wrecked and will be left with a huge loss. This approach is wrong and has not been thought about well enough!!!
max.trekker

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 10:12:12 AM

What you are saying is very fair for the miners, everybody will be able to mine at the same time, great! However the ICO investors will make a huge loss very fast. The fact that you are ignoring this issue and just talk about equality of the miners just confirms my (and some others in this thread) suspicion  that you dont care at all about the ICO investors.
Equibit (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 03:12:52 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2017, 03:44:29 PM by Equibit

BTW 1000 EQB at current price is $3000 not 30K, got to make sure the math is correct. Are you sure you know what you are talking about when you can't even calculate the current price? Wink

Thanks for pointing that out coin@coin.

You ignore the fact that the price will drop tremendously once mining is started. A similar situation as with Zcash will occur, which also dropped down in value significantly. Everyone who buys in this ICO will be wrecked and will be left with a huge loss. This approach is wrong and has not been thought about well enough!!!

You ignore the fact that Zcash was hyped to oblivion before it even launched by the media and their early investors. The initial price when it was first listed was seriously inflated by all of this. Right now the price is more in-line with the market value. This is what pumpers and dumpers do to a token, we don't want that to happen with EQB.

What you are saying is very fair for the miners, everybody will be able to mine at the same time, great! However the ICO investors will make a huge loss very fast. The fact that you are ignoring this issue and just talk about equality of the miners just confirms my (and some others in this thread) suspicion  that you dont care at all about the ICO investors.

See above reply.

We are happy how the sale is going and the quality of people who support us, we wouldn’t want to sell all our coins to people that don’t understand the value of EQB or our products and will just purchase to pump and dump our tokens and make a quick buck. We value supporters that are looking at the medium long term.

We appreciate there are people wanting to buy more, and certainly more are available. But at the moment the market has decided that an EQB is worth $3.13 and it would be irresponsible and unfair to our ICO buyers for the company to sell for anything less.

We are happy with our initial progress made with the $150k angel investment we received in 2015. We will be able to happily continue with what has been currently raised in the ICO, until we have more to show such as our software and tools.

Most tokens drop in value as soon as they are listed on an exchange after the ICO independently of if there is mining or not, everyone knows that. And it's due to people getting out of their positions. People that are short term speculators. We do not cater for these individuals but rather people who believes in us, understands exactly what we are trying to accomplish and see the value of our network, tools, applications.

We are here for the long run and we expect our supporters to be following suite, if you think otherwise there are plenty other tokens to buy for other projects which will do great for short term speculators.

max.trekker

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 03:56:11 PM

BTW 1000 EQB at current price is $3000 not 30K, got to make sure the math is correct. Are you sure you know what you are talking about when you can't even calculate the current price? Wink

Sorry, yes you are correct i forgot to undo the calculation from my currency Tongue, where 3k USD is 30k in my currency Wink.
max.trekker

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 04:09:36 PM

We are happy how the sale is going and the quality of people who support us, we wouldn’t want to sell all our coins to people that don’t understand the value of EQB or our products and will just purchase to pump and dump our tokens and make a quick buck. We value supporters that are looking at the medium long term.

We appreciate there are people wanting to buy more, and certainly more are available. But at the moment the market has decided that an EQB is worth $3.13 and it would be irresponsible and unfair to our ICO buyers for the company to sell for anything less.

We are happy with our initial progress made with the $150k angel investment we received in 2015. We will be able to happily continue with what has been currently raised in the ICO, until we have more to show such as our software and tools.

Most tokens drop in value as soon as they are listed on an exchange after the ICO independently of if there is mining or not, everyone knows that. And it's due to people getting out of their positions. People that are short term speculators. We do not cater for these individuals but rather people who believes in us, understands exactly what we are trying to accomplish and see the value of our network, tools, applications.

We are here for the long run and we expect our supporters to be following suite, if you think otherwise there are plenty other tokens to buy for other projects which will do great for short term speculators.

I am in for the long haul with all my investments (still hold ETH and Waves and since the beginning) but that doesn't mean that i want to buy in high. I think equibit could have some potential, but i wont invest in the ICO, i will mine and buy cheaper later.
Equibit (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 05:24:08 PM

I am in for the long haul with all my investments (still hold ETH and Waves and since the beginning) but that doesn't mean that i want to buy in high. I think equibit could have some potential, but i wont invest in the ICO, i will mine and buy cheaper later.

Thanks for getting back, we are happy either way, mining will be a big part of our network so glad to see your interest in that.  Smiley

Equibit (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 05:56:53 PM

We're building a decentralized securities platform called Equibit.

Join Our ICO at http://ico.equibit.org

VintageBazaar

Activity: 623
Merit: 279

Hope & Positivity are keys to Success

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 06:31:46 PM

20 DAYS LEFT AND STILL NEARLY 90,000 OUT OF 100,000 TOKENS LEFT ON STAGE 3...

i highly doubt we will see them all bought.

So, if this is the case... the team here gets to keep the rest, which is over 700k coins, for free.

Thats a good deal.

Believe in the impossible and make it Possible.
johncassa

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 10:34:11 PM

Some news? There are 19 days at the end of ICO.
zrunfeng

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 01:03:30 PM

Just 19 days at the end of ICO...If there is nothing news,maybe it wiil fail...
johncassa

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 06:07:23 PM

I do not understand why the dev does not try to increase ICO sales with some news?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: