Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:12:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] EQUIBIT (EQB) 📈 A P2P Decentralized Securities Platform 📈  (Read 30425 times)
Geekphazm

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 09:02:10 AM

Saw this thread in the Iconomi thread  Grin Same as Iconomi?

It can't be same, it is an electronic equity system, Iconomi is a financial profit share platform, it is different and targets on different market. This project looks better, I hope not overbought.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DISPERADO

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 09:48:36 AM

I don't think that without escrow the investment amount will be high. If only from bct-newbies that read nothing, and hope for freebie. These type of investors like to participate in "black holes", like Lithium or Taskie Wink. So let's wait for information.

Jorgeminator

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 12:34:35 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2017, 12:44:41 PM by Jorgeminator

I don't think that without escrow the investment amount will be high. If only from bct-newbies that read nothing, and hope for freebie. These type of investors like to participate in "black holes", like Lithium or Taskie Wink. So let's wait for information.
Have you even read the information available yourself? There's a great whitepaper and the ICO terms are already set. You're too stuck in the Altcoin universe. I find it hard to believe a company which has raised $150,000 and is valued at $3 million would need an escrow.

ICO T&C: http://equibit.org/equibitico.pdf
Equibit (OP)

Activity: 104

https://www.equibitgroup.com

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2017, 07:45:07 PM

Have you even read the information available yourself? There's a great whitepaper and the ICO terms are already set. You're too stuck in the Altcoin universe. I find it hard to believe a company which has raised $150,000 and is valued at $3 million would need an escrow.

ICO T&C: http://equibit.org/equibitico.pdf

Thank you for this comment.

I agree with the opinion above, without escrow investing in unclear candy wrappers willbe dangerous. And the price is too overstated. The actual cost will be determined by the market. And, most likely, the price will be x10 less then ico-prices.
That's my worry too. An escrow really is a must and if I'm not mistaken the ico price is about $2. I'm interested but I'm gonna check this out from the sidelines.

If he doesnt have an escrow, its safe to left him negative ratings. Everyone who comes up with a newly made wonky coin should at least have an escrow if he / she wanna people to take him / her seriously.

OK, so ico beginning soon, and we will wait for a putative escrow.

also equities are a highly regulated area in the financial world, the idea is good, but the result incertain;

will the stocks traded already trade on a classical bourse, or will they be entirely different stocks ?

We envision that companies who have already IPO/ITO'd can release a different class of shares on EQB.

I agree with the opinion above, without escrow investing in unclear candy wrappers willbe dangerous. And the price is too overstated. The actual cost will be determined by the market. And, most likely, the price will be x10 less then ico-prices.

That's my worry too. An escrow really is a must and if I'm not mistaken the ico price is about $2. I'm interested but I'm gonna check this out from the sidelines.

If he doesnt have an escrow, its safe to left him negative ratings. Everyone who comes up with a newly made wonky coin should at least have an escrow if he / she wanna people to take him / her seriously.

Details about why we aren't using Escrow can be found here: http://equibit.org/post/ico-escrow-agent/

Why are you not using escrow? is this similar to ICONOMI?I think not using an reputed escrow is the reason this has not gain many investors.

We appreciate your feedback.
Escrow has been used for decades by companies raising funds because the logistics of doing it all themselves was nightmarish. Escrow agents specialize in getting through all of the investor paperwork, collecting investor funds, and making a lump-sum distribution to the company when the offer closes. It’s always been about getting companies capitalized in the most efficient way. Escrow agents have no responsibility or duty to do your due diligence, and they won’t. Nor will they do anything to drive a project forward and deliver, that’s what CEO’s do. EDC has built the infrastructure needed to collect purchaser information and payment and so the primary purpose of using an escrow agent has already been dealt with.

Further details about why we aren't using escrow can be found here: http://equibit.org/post/ico-escrow-agent/

Visit our website at: https://www.equibitgroup.com/

Join our Slack community at: http://slack.equibitgroup.com/
houseo

Activity: 180
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 07:59:41 PM

These questions may have been lost in the escrow talk...

I guess the question is, of the 22M EQBs how many will a company want to sign for a distribution? I mean rather than buying and signing hundreds or thousands of EQBs, why not just buy 1, sign it, and then distribute 0.00000001 to everyone instead. Seems like a cheaper way to do business.

The Equibit team will not have any EQB individually, as per the terms and conditions of the sale they are not allowed to hold any.
There will be 1M premined and the remaining unsold portion of EQB will go to the company EDC, and EQB will also be mined on the blockchain.

How is your CEO pre-selling EQB on the side at various tech meetups?
Equibit (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2017, 08:19:47 PM

Would be interesting if iconomi invests in equibit.org

Without escrow investment in any ICO would be risky no doubt they are talented persons but we need security first for our invested money. Better ask for escrow before make any investment.

Is this true? There is no escrow? If so, can you please elaborate on why this is?

I was planning to invest but without escrow I think I wont

Though we respect the use of escrow - when we look at what escrow really is, it doesn't make much sense for a startup like ours to do this when we've previously raised a successful seed round.

From our blog post: "Investors want escrow because they think the company can’t be trusted. Companies use escrow as a tool to gain trust, but there are better ways. Having a great and experienced team. Working with the right business partners (you’re judged by the company you keep) and demonstrating a passion for your product and commitment to delivering it are all far greater indicators of trustworthy team. Needless to say, if escrow is the only thing standing between you and buying an ICO, you shouldn’t be buying it."
See the rest of the blog post here http://equibit.org/post/ico-escrow-agent/

Without escrow investment in any ICO would be risky no doubt they are talented persons but we need security first for our invested money. Better ask for escrow before make any investment.

We certainly recommend anyone considering participating in an ICO to do their own due diligence, we believe in being transparent which is why we've released full details on our previous fundraising.

In truth, escrow does no guarantee that the project will be successful as escrow agents do not provide due diligence. There have been many projects that have used escrow which have failed.

We believe in having a solid team with previous experience, a well thought out development plan, strategic business partners, and following through on our commitments.

Is this true? There is no escrow? If so, can you please elaborate on why this is?

I was planning to invest but without escrow I think I wont

yeah too risk if we invest on some project without trusted escrow member from this forum because safety first
i suggest you to use escrow for this ico, goodluck

For more details about why we chose not to use escrow please see this link: http://equibit.org/post/ico-escrow-agent/

Why are you not using escrow? is this similar to ICONOMI?I think not using an reputed escrow is the reason this has not gain many investors.

We are not like iconomi. And we are not using escrow for the reason that we have  built the infrastructure needed to collect purchaser information and payment and so the primary purpose of using an escrow agent has already been dealt with.

This project is trading plaform, right?

This is a trading platform, issuing platform, and investor relations platform in one. The main value proposition is that we allow companies to release their shares in a decentralized fashion on the blockchain and be able to manage this process from issuing to investor communications themselves.

Equibit (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2017, 08:26:50 PM

These questions may have been lost in the escrow talk...

I guess the question is, of the 22M EQBs how many will a company want to sign for a distribution? I mean rather than buying and signing hundreds or thousands of EQBs, why not just buy 1, sign it, and then distribute 0.00000001 to everyone instead. Seems like a cheaper way to do business.

EQBs function like a blank stock certificate before they are signed, after they are issued by a company they would then be assigned a value. Because EQBs are divisible it would allow someone to buy 1, sign it and then distribute 0.00000001 worth to everyon. This is possible.

The Equibit team will not have any EQB individually, as per the terms and conditions of the sale they are not allowed to hold any.
There will be 1M premined and the remaining unsold portion of EQB will go to the company EDC, and EQB will also be mined on the blockchain.

How is your CEO pre-selling EQB on the side at various tech meetups?

Thanks for the question, our CEO has been meeting privately with individuals - some through meetup and other networks to talk about the value of EQB. We can share that he has been successful in raising interest in the ICO through these avenues.

kryptopojken

Activity: 767
Merit: 532

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 09:04:00 PM

So what happens if 2 people send btc at the exact same second? Considering the fact that distribution is linear and pretty limited
Jorgeminator

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 09:07:54 PM

As the project seems to have attracted a lot of attention and interest already, there is likely a large number of people wanting to participate in the ICO, is the ICO platform ready for a rush of buyers, hardware wise? A crashing platform could stir up feelings among potential buyers.  Smiley
logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2017, 09:32:55 PM

As the project seems to have attracted a lot of attention and interest already, there is likely a large number of people wanting to participate in the ICO, is the ICO platform ready for a rush of buyers, hardware wise? A crashing platform could stir up feelings among potential buyers.  Smiley

This is the clone of R3D. Made by the same people and is likely to follow its destiny. If ure not aware R3D was a bittrex ico capped at 1K btc that came a cropper and resulted in a refund. This one will come down the same pipe. Chime in and put ur money where ur mouth is, u will incur a loss and wont ever recover from it.

sanchicharro

Activity: 95

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2017, 10:09:45 PM

This is the clone of R3D. Made by the same people and is likely to follow its destiny. If ure not aware R3D was a bittrex ico capped at 1K btc that came a cropper and resulted in a refund. This one will come down the same pipe. Chime in and put ur money where ur mouth is, u will incur a loss and wont ever recover from it.

Proof?
Jorgeminator

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 10:13:30 PM

Proof?
Just FUD, ignore it.

So what happens if 2 people send btc at the exact same second? Considering the fact that distribution is linear and pretty limited
They have most certainly implemented measures to prevent that from even being a possibility.
sanchicharro

Activity: 95

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2017, 10:53:30 PM

Really like to know about the distribution/roadmap of the coin Smiley
rekcahxfb_foundation

Activity: 350

CrowdWiz

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 10:57:12 PM

There is doubt in my head about this ico.

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
█▀▀▀███████   ▄████████▀▀▀█
██▄   ▀████▄▄▄▄█████▀   ▄██
█████▄   ▀███████▀   ▄█████
████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
▀██████████▄   ▄███████████
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
██▄   ▀█ ███▌ ▐████   ▀████
█████▄    ██▌ ▐███▄▄ ▐█████
████████ ▄██▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
████████▄███▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE FIRST OF ITS KIND
SELF-GOVERNED ECOSYSTEM

╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
JOIN THE ICO - 18th OCTOBER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
█▀▀▀███████   ▄████████▀▀▀█
██▄   ▀████▄▄▄▄█████▀   ▄██
█████▄   ▀███████▀   ▄█████
████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
▀██████████▄   ▄███████████
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
██▄   ▀█ ███▌ ▐████   ▀████
█████▄    ██▌ ▐███▄▄ ▐█████
████████ ▄██▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
████████▄███▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

candrammm

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

research > buy on dip > and HODL

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 05:35:04 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2017, 05:59:12 AM by candrammm

if indeed the term non refundable applied as written in points 14 on ICO T&C: http://equibit.org/equibitico.pdf

14. All Purchases of EQB Are Non-Refundable
ALL PURCHASES OF EQB ARE FINAL. PURCHASES OF EQB ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
BY PURCHASING EQB, THE  PURCHASER  ACKNOWLEDGES  THAT  NEITHER  EDC  NOR  ANY  OTHER  OF  THE  EDC  PARTIES  ARE REQUIRED  TO  PROVIDE A  REFUND  FOR  ANY  REASON,  AND  THAT  THE  PURCHASER  WILL  NOT  RECEIVE MONEY OR OTHER COMPENSATION FOR ANY EQB THAT IS NOT USED OR REMAINS UNUSED

how if that all 1M coin is already sold out, but there is still more incoming funds collected at the end of the ICO?

while we know the number of coins in a limited distributed and sold at fixed prices which have been defined per stage so that total number can not be changed by adjusting the number of participants and total funds collected in the end of the ICO,

are this any excess funds will be non-refundable too?
bitcoinsforall

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 06:38:13 AM

if indeed the term non refundable applied as written in points 14 on ICO T&C: http://equibit.org/equibitico.pdf

BY PURCHASING EQB, THE  PURCHASER  ACKNOWLEDGES  THAT  NEITHER  EDC  NOR  ANY  OTHER  OF  THE  EDC  PARTIES  ARE REQUIRED  TO  PROVIDE A  REFUND  FOR  ANY  REASON,  AND  THAT  THE  PURCHASER  WILL  NOT  RECEIVE MONEY OR OTHER COMPENSATION FOR ANY EQB THAT IS NOT USED OR REMAINS UNUSED

how if that all 1M coin is already sold out, but there is still more incoming funds collected at the end of the ICO?

while we know the number of coins in a limited distributed and sold at fixed prices which have been defined per stage so that total number can not be changed by adjusting the number of participants and total funds collected in the end of the ICO,

By reading this..looks like a perfect scam !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
alicex

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 06:41:46 AM

this project can not be trusted, he just wanna sell but nothing giving , investors will lost their money if you buy them.
Dlugina23

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 08:45:54 AM

In site can also paste Twitter and fb account to collect the free coins?
Equibit (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 09:34:28 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2017, 09:52:00 AM by Equibit

There is doubt in my head about this ico.

We strongly recommend reading the material available on our site and understand it, learn what is Equibit about first, if in doubt do not contribute.
We have also added a FAQ on the ICO page: https://ico.equibit.org/.

There won't be any excess funds as if and when the last token is sold no more contributions will be accepted.
Our ICO site is setup in a way to prevent this from happening.

this project can not be trusted, he just wanna sell but nothing giving , investors will lost their money if you buy them.

Not sure what you mean, contributors will receive EQBs for their contributions.

In site can also paste Twitter and fb account to collect the free coins?

We don't have bounties for social media, translations or signatures for the moment. If things will change in the future we will make announcements.

Equibit (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 09:49:49 AM

If you are in Washington DC on January 31st you are welcome to join the Equibit Launch Party!

More info: https://www.meetup.com/BitcoinDC/events/236831327/

Join EDC in celebration of the launch of the Equibit (Equibit.org) Initial Coin Offering. Held at a to-be-disclosed location in Washington D.C., attendees will enjoy hors-d’oeuvres, drinks and get to meet the executives and senior management. CEO Chris Horlacher will also be giving a talk about the promise of Equibit and its potential impact on the capital markets industry.

EDC is building Equibit, the world's first peer-to-peer equity marketplace and a complete platform for issuers to manage their investor relations without the need for depositories and transfer agents. Equibit allows issuers to use cryptocurrency tokens, called 'equibits', to authorize and disseminate their shares. It also includes a secure, P2P communications system allowing for private messages and polls to be instantly sent to individuals and groups on the network. A public component of the communications system allows for the announcement of bid/ask type messages, in the same vein as an open outcry trading pit but on a global scale. Investors can designate and revoke proxy rights with a simple click of their mouse. Equibit also includes trading passports, an ingenious way of handling the KYC issues currently faced by blockchain technology. Private issuers and investors can quickly join vetted communities on the network, gaining easy access to pools of capital and investment opportunities in an environment that maintains compliance with securities laws over exempt distributions.

EDC is also the creator of the world's first Supernode. A cryptocurrency node capable of transacting on both Bitcoin and Equibit and performing all cryptographic operations in hardware rather than software. It is certified FIPS 140-2 Level II compliant by NIST and the CSE, offering unrivaled security over private keys, and incredible speed for enterprise. Functionality is delivered through an API, making integration with existing financial applications easy.

Equibit White Paper at Cornell University: https://arxiv.org/abs/1612.06953

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: