Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:50:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alex Jones and Trump  (Read 3088 times)
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 08:02:57 PM

so who else is watching alex jones for the past 15 years LoL

its ok, you can say it - nobody will call the people in white suits  Grin

btw. i really like alex jones babble about lizard people and E.T. taking over the world (TPTB = Aliens)

nowadays you can literaly make money with shit - long live the internet.

I guess you have been watching him for longer than I because I've never heard him say anything about lizard people and E.T.  If anything, he pokes fun as such things .  He has guests who sometimes say some way-out stuff.  Even here, neither Jones nor probably most of his audience put to much stock into some of these things and, occasionally, it turns out that we should have.

The 'pizzagate' thing is shaping up to be as real as a heart attack.  Someone lamented on reddit or somewhere 'Why can't we just have a world where Alex Jones is not always right.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHHtVC75g1c

This video has been removed by the user.

Sorry about that. Dang.

And its gone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gimpeline

Activity: 555
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 08:19:52 PM

I have fairly little respect for the 'I do not listen to Jones, but...' types.  If you've only heard snippets edited together by those who are threatened by him, you probably don't have very valuable input.  I've listened to Jones off and on for a long time and the things he's been screaming from the rooftops about (police state, corporate world govt, etc) have proven remarkably on-target.  Just having some of these things in my list of hypothesis under consideration have been very valuable to me over the years, and he commonly produces items which I would not have stumbled across on my own.

Beyond that, without almost any exception that I can think of Jones' messages about how the divide and conquer techniques involving race, sexual identity, etc, are a scam that we should not fall for are universally good messages to communicate.

I do have some concerns about some of Jones' staff from time to time.  If there are establishment sponsored efforts to get a race war going (for instance), I think that Infowars would do well to catalog things in a less one-sided way sometimes.  Yes, the mainstream media (who are perfectly happy to promote scam events to the max) need a counter-balance, but it is only doing their bidding to provide a lop-sided view from the other side.

Been listening to him for many years and most of the time he is of target.
the dollar collapse didn't happen.
the Obama murder didn't happen.
The Russian attack never happen.
and so on.
If callers call in with a fantastic story that fit into his reality he never looks up the facts, he call it the truth.
On the other hand if a caller conflicts with his idea. He looks it up and it he find something wrong, like it was a boy instead of a girl that reported it, it's the story of the week
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 08:32:28 PM

The 'pizzagate' thing is shaping up to be as real as a heart attack.  Someone lamented on reddit or somewhere 'Why can't we just have a world where Alex Jones is not always right.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHHtVC75g1c

This video has been removed by the user.

Sorry about that. Dang.

Yup.  Looks like it's gone.  That's why god make youtube-dl I guess.  When a piece of info falls into the memory hole it makes it especially interesting to me.

I had anticipated a pretty good possibility that the establishment would steal the election and knew what came directly after.  Namely, an 'operation fake-news' with some real teeth and a large expansion of the memory hole.  I thus started collecting a lot more shit which I thought might be of interest.  Though it's diminishing with the Trump/Bannon win, I'm still in that mode out of habit.

BTW, for those who use youtube-dl, note that you can use the -F flag to see a lot of different formats for a particular item and -f {n} to select one.  As someone using satellite and paying a good bit for bandwidth it's pretty useful do snatch things in lower res.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 08:34:05 PM

I have fairly little respect for the 'I do not listen to Jones, but...' types.  If you've only heard snippets edited together by those who are threatened by him,

Been listening to him for many years and most of the time he is of target.
the dollar collapse didn't happen.
the Obama murder didn't happen.
The Russian attack never happen.
and so on.
If callers call in with a fantastic story that fit into his reality he never looks up the facts, he call it the truth.
On the other hand if a caller conflicts with his idea. He looks it up and it he find something wrong, like it was a boy instead of a girl that reported it, it's the story of the week

Fair critiques.  Thanks for tossing them out there.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 08:40:45 PM

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=alex+jones+extraterrestrials

btw. you dont have to be a hillary supporter while you are anti trump lol

50 shades of grey you know.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 08:50:01 PM

I can certainly understand your desire to distance yourself from the woman and I'm sure there are many many others feeling the same way.  Will it work?  Kinda depends on who gets a hold of what of the NSA's trove I suspect.

In 'other news', isn't it funny how, with under two months left, the Obama admin is quite desperate to make some structural and personnel changes at the NSA.

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2016, 09:08:24 PM

I have fairly little respect for the 'I do not listen to Jones, but...' types.  If you've only heard snippets edited together by those who are threatened by him, you probably don't have very valuable input.  I've listened to Jones off and on for a long time and the things he's been screaming from the rooftops about (police state, corporate world govt, etc) have proven remarkably on-target.  Just having some of these things in my list of hypothesis under consideration have been very valuable to me over the years, and he commonly produces items which I would not have stumbled across on my own.

Beyond that, without almost any exception that I can think of Jones' messages about how the divide and conquer techniques involving race, sexual identity, etc, are a scam that we should not fall for are universally good messages to communicate.

I do have some concerns about some of Jones' staff from time to time.  If there are establishment sponsored efforts to get a race war going (for instance), I think that Infowars would do well to catalog things in a less one-sided way sometimes.  Yes, the mainstream media (who are perfectly happy to promote scam events to the max) need a counter-balance, but it is only doing their bidding to provide a lop-sided view from the other side.

I have fairly little respect for the 'I do not listen to Jones, but...' types.
Cool. I have very little respect for cynical conspiracy theorists banking on the fears of the gullible (as well as the people that follow them).

If you've only heard snippets edited together by those who are threatened by him, you probably don't have very valuable input.
On the contrary: it's good to hear input of people outside of your echo chamber (I wouldn't post in "Politics & Society" if I thought otherwise). Circle jerking doesn't usually breed good discussions or encourage the spread of different opinions. Also, I really doubt a small Youtuber who trolls both intelligent and foolish people alike for the lolz is really threatened by a guy who clearly has a financial interest in his theories being true.

I've listened to Jones off and on for a long time and the things he's been screaming from the rooftops about (police state, corporate world govt, etc) have proven remarkably on-target. Just having some of these things in my list of hypothesis under consideration have been very valuable to me over the years, and he commonly produces items which I would not have stumbled across on my own.

Nobody's denying that a person can have both valid and ridiculous claims. However, I truly doubt he's the only one talking about such issues and in regards to the numerous political, economic and societal problems all around the world, I'd rather listen to someone who doesn't try to jam "The All-New Supercharged Brain Force PLUS™" down your throat with jaw dropping sensationalist statements like (source):
Top scientists and researchers agree: we are being hit by toxic weapons in the food and water supply that are making us fat, sick, and stupid.

I...er...hmmm.  With examples like these, it's really hard to take you seriously. I'll try though. First of all, just looking through a single page of his channel, you can clearly see that he's heavily biased for Trump (far right in general) and against Hillary (not sure about third party candidates though). Now, having biases is fine, however claiming that he's an objective news source is severely false IMO.

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 09:55:50 PM

this guy has an agenda, and an incredibly obvious one, that he'll apply to whatever he can get his hands on. i don't trust anyone like that to ever be anywhere near objective. i guess he'd probably admit that too.

the internet has allowed this type of stuff to explode. it's fine for what it is, but it doesn't do much to increase the quality of information out there. it makes more noise, and most of it's unhelpful noise.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 09:56:34 PM

I...er...hmmm.  With examples like these, it's really hard to take you seriously. I'll try though. First of all, just looking through a single page of his channel, you can clearly see that he's heavily biased for Trump (far right in general) and against Hillary (not sure about third party candidates though). Now, having biases is fine, however claiming that he's an objective news source is severely false IMO.

Fine with me if you don't.

For my part, I have for a while quite deliberately mostly gotten news from 'adversarial' sources.  For instance, I put a lot more credence into what RT says about the US than I do CNN.  Of course when it comes to figuring out about Russia, I don't put much stock in RT at all.

I offset for a known bias which is not difficult for me to do.  The sucky part is that to be fair, I have to buckle down and force myself to watch the likes of TYT which isn't always pleasant these days.

I don't believe that it is a stretch at all to suggest that TPTB and their MSM wing have 'conspiracies' to foment and utilize socio-economic issues, up to and including 'race war' if they can and need to pull it off.  Fortunately Blacks and others are not stupid and more and more of them see the game and are not falling for it.

Nor do I think it much of a stretch that TPTB would use scientific means in a systematic way to arrange the 'sort of character' (to quote Russell) that the leadership wants to be leading.

Once introduced to these theories they have remarkable explanatory power and a lot of current and historical observations fall right into place.  I thank Jones, among others, for his work in doing such introductions.

---

Infowars has been, to me, a top notch source of flat out reliable information over the 2016 election cycle.  I'm glad to see them enjoy the fruits of their labor and getting the recognition they deserve (ranked now 126th web site so they claim.)  The magnitude of the attacks by the lamestream press speak volumes about what a threat to the establishment Infowars presents.

---

As for their funding, I think it showed some real foresight (or something) on the part of Jones to decouple himself to a degree from traditional ad revenue and the like.  He would have fallen more victim to the pressures on other similar information outlets.  I just hope that Jones expands his inventory to include more shit that I want.

What I personally want is high 'Japan style' quality in items I buy even if I have to pay a lot more.  I think it a given that the U.S. has been 'destroyed by design' economically (and otherwise) by those seeking to implement a one-world Technocracy and not wanting competition of various forms from us.  If Trump follows through with his 're-industrialization' ideas then there will be some re-tooling here in the U.S.  I'd like to see the focus being on durable and quality stuff and I hope that Infowars latches on to distribution of such in order to enhance revenue.  I'd buy through them at a premium just to support their work (assuming they continue to perform.)

CoolJakeB

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 10:08:37 PM

Looking at Alex Jones' YouTube channel now, he does have nearly two million followers, and about 50,000-100,000 views per video on a daily basis. He does have a large following that is continuing to increase, especially after this Presidential election. I will continue to watch his videos but am not to keen on his conspiracy theories on the left, although I am sure a few have been proven correct after the Wikileaks scandal. Jones has been one of the vocal supporters to still prosecute and jail Hillary Clinton.
manbitcoinlover (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 06:40:41 AM

His channel boomed after the trump win and during election day and the election process. Obviously, he is benefiting from Trump's victory, if not in more sales then in
google ad-sense money. I wonder if his son and Trumps son are going to be best buds in the future.Good ole America.

Looking for Signature Campaign, PM ME!
WhiteSkinnedFREAK

Activity: 67

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 07:48:13 PM

Not sure how I feel about him. Maybe he's a shill or a reptile, who knows. Maybe he's not really white, IDK.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 01:19:35 AM

Book review on Roger Stone's 'The making of the President 2016' which I bought through Infowars.

The main reason I buy media these days is as a show of gratutude to a content generator who's material I've appreciated.  This purchase was an example.

---

The book was reasonably well written given the time constraints and the supposed health issue that Stone experienced.  Stone (or his ghost-writer as may be the case) has a readable writing style which is neither to dense nor to light for my tastes.

The book was almost without exception a simple documentation of events.  It contained very little which was especially debatable.  As such it can be reliable for reference.  Although a somewhat larger book than I thought, and the various events were covered briskly, a lot of minutia was left out including some of the most entertaining episodes.

Since Infowars was probably my main source of information from the midpoint onwards and Stone was a big player there, I sort of thought that he was more integral to Trumps campaign than the book indicates.

There was very little theory in the book.  I followed this election (and only this election) like a hawk when I started around Super Tue which made it so not much in the books content was new to me.  Of course there were reminders of little things I'd forgotten (such as Pence endorsing Cruz) so it was not a terribly exciting read.

Hopefully Stone will do a follow-up or someone else deeply involved will and it will be more encompassing of the theory and practice of presidential politics applied to 2016.  Maybe even Trump will write such a thing...I suspect he personally was more involved than anyone since Nixon.  Especially notable since he is (or was) not a professional politician.

---

One last little note which is a little bit disappointing vis-a-vis Trump.  Stone clearly has no use for Lewindowski and didn't paint a very endearing picture of the guy, but observation also indicates that he was something of an obstruction and lacking in some ways.  My guess about Trump was that he would have recognized the problem and gotten rid of it (e.g., you're fired!)  This (purported) failure is worth noting as we try to analyze Trump's performance as POTUS.

I was sort of sensing that Trump was going to get rid of Lewindowski before the 'arm grab' incident.  Since it was a bullshit incident it actually made it difficult for him to do so.  He could, however, have started Lewindowski on the fast track out and made it so he could't as easily have done the kind of things that Stone reports vis-a-vis interfering with Manafort's tasks.  I had hoped to get some more incite into Trump's thoughts (or lack thereof) about such incidents which I could only muse about when they were happening.  I guess I'll have to wait for Trump himself to write about them if he stay's 'healthy.'

squatz1
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285

Flying Hellfish is a Commie

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 03:17:53 AM

Alex Jones is one of the people who I see in two lights, he's a guy who will go out and be super straight forward about what he believes and I do like a person like that, though I'm not a fan of everything he speaks I would consider him to have a conservative bias the same way the Mainstream media has a liberal bias.

People may say that Alex is absolutely mad and is crazy and I could agree to them to a certain extent, but at least we know how insane he is compared to the people who do everything behind the curtains. He kind of reminds me of Trump when he is very outright with what he thinks and how he says things.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▀████████████████▄  ████                 █████   ▀████▄    ▄████▀  ▄██████████████   ████████████▀  ▄█████████████▀  ▄█████████████▄
              ▀████  ████               ▄███▀███▄   ▀████▄▄████▀               ████   ████                ████                   ▀████
   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████  ████              ████   ████    ▀██████▀      ██████████████▄   ████████████▀       ████       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
   ██████████████▀   ████            ▄███▀     ▀███▄    ████        ████        ████  ████                ████       ██████████████▀
   ████              ████████████▀  ████   ██████████   ████        ████████████████  █████████████▀      ████       ████      ▀████▄
   ▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀

#1 CRYPTO CASINO & SPORTSBOOK
  WELCOME
BONUS
.INSTANT & FAST.
.TRANSACTION.....
.PROVABLY FAIR.
......& SECURE......
.24/7 CUSTOMER.
............SUPPORT.
BTC      |      ETH      |      LTC      |      XRP      |      XMR      |      BNB      |     more
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 09:09:28 AM

True as long as you are not a voting citizen of the USA.  For those that are, it does reduce to a binary decision.

For anyone else, I get what you are saying.
NyeFee

Activity: 103

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 12:26:16 PM

Alex Jones is one of the people who I see in two lights, he's a guy who will go out and be super straight forward about what he believes and I do like a person like that, though I'm not a fan of everything he speaks I would consider him to have a conservative bias the same way the Mainstream media has a liberal bias.

People may say that Alex is absolutely mad and is crazy and I could agree to them to a certain extent, but at least we know how insane he is compared to the people who do everything behind the curtains. He kind of reminds me of Trump when he is very outright with what he thinks and how he says things.
What he said is not the truth? Everyone knows that Putin is a murderer. Congress confirmed it literally next day. In General, if you watch Russian TV and there are worse words to hear the Americans.
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 11:19:57 AM

Unfortunately, while initially I was supporting him because I thought that he was telling some truths it revealed that only talks about bogus conspiracy theories and I believe that he is controlled by the system itself. Also in cases where some of them he mentions are indeed truly I believe that their supporters want to see and measure the reactions of the people. More over I would like to ask if Alex Jones is Bill Hicks or not. So what is the truth? maybe alex jones is a fabricated identity?
SirPol85

Activity: 116
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 02:34:08 PM

Unfortunately, while initially I was supporting him because I thought that he was telling some truths it revealed that only talks about bogus conspiracy theories and I believe that he is controlled by the system itself. Also in cases where some of them he mentions are indeed truly I believe that their supporters want to see and measure the reactions of the people. More over I would like to ask if Alex Jones is Bill Hicks or not. So what is the truth? maybe alex jones is a fabricated identity?
Putin is a killer. There really is a lot of evidence of this. It is not possible to deny it. Trump knows it, and uses the theme of Putin's provocation. He turned politics into the controversial show.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 04:38:24 PM

I think we're all waiting to see if Trump's a total Illuminati gobot or not, so far things that stink are Goldman Sachs and Elon Musk. Jones on the other hand has been warning us that the globalists are baby eating psychopaths for years.

BitcoinPicasso

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 08:11:03 PM

What is your guys opinion on Alex Jones?

He is a very energetic fellow, straightforward and gets to the point. But can he be trusted? He openly supports Trump and hates globalists from what he says in his videos. I want to believe and support Alex Jones and believe that it is the right thing to do, but I am not sure who to trust anymore. One thing is for sure. I do not trust the mainstream media, liberal or republican,but why should I trust the non-mainstream media?

Thoughts?

I don't think Alex really knows what Trump is capable of. After seeing what he is doing and how he talks to others in his government I doubt he will last long. He seems to be making enemies of everyone that doesn't do as he wants. This can only lead to massive troubles for the US and probably the rest of the world.

As for Alex's show well, its okay I guess. I stopped watching his stuff and all conspiracy stuff for a long time now. Its just a waste of time.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: