Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:58:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Searching "bitcoin" on Amazon every time we visit it  (Read 1582 times)
remotemass (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1117
Merit: 1016

ASMR El Salvador

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 03:40:42 PM

Let's commit ourselves, in army spirit, to always search for "bitcoin" whenever we visit amazon.
Even better. Whenever we see a search engine.

shiuuu!!..  Cool

{ Imagine a sequence of bits generated from the first decimal place of the square roots of whole integers that are irrational numbers. If the decimal falls between 0 and 5, it's considered bit 0, and if it falls between 5 and 10, it's considered bit 1. This sequence from a simple integer count of contiguous irrationals and their logical decimal expansion of the first decimal place is called the 'main irrational stream.' Our goal is to design a physical and optical computing system system that can detect when this stream starts matching a specific pattern of a given size of bits. bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166760.0 } Satoshi did use a friend class in C++ and put a comment on the code saying: "This is why people hate C++".
Mcoroklo

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 04:03:34 PM

Trust me, Amazon knows about Bitcoin ;-) I am pretty convinced the also want to implement it. However, the one thing they fear the most is their conversion rate. Adding a new payment method will, unfortunately, confuse some people.

Till Bitcoin is more known, I doubt we will see it on Amazon.
remotemass (OP)
Legendary

ASMR El Salvador

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 04:09:16 PM

Trust me, this would soon bring attention to publishers and make them more interested in publishing books about bitcoin  Cool

{ Imagine a sequence of bits generated from the first decimal place of the square roots of whole integers that are irrational numbers. If the decimal falls between 0 and 5, it's considered bit 0, and if it falls between 5 and 10, it's considered bit 1. This sequence from a simple integer count of contiguous irrationals and their logical decimal expansion of the first decimal place is called the 'main irrational stream.' Our goal is to design a physical and optical computing system system that can detect when this stream starts matching a specific pattern of a given size of bits. bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166760.0 } Satoshi did use a friend class in C++ and put a comment on the code saying: "This is why people hate C++".
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:04:52 PM

I am pretty convinced the also want to implement it.
Lol

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:10:03 PM

i went to amazon just to search it

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
BlackBison

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:21:06 PM

Of course they want to implement it if possible, as it will hurt one of their main rivals in the long run (paypal/ebay) but they are probably still concerned about the legality.

remotemass (OP)
Legendary

ASMR El Salvador

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 05:22:17 PM

i went to amazon just to search it

Please do it also every time you think about sex  Tongue

Eri

Activity: 264

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 06:03:52 PM

haha... i was checking amazon for bitcoins last night, was looking to get rid of a amazon giftcard.
jhansen858

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 12:42:39 AM

haha... i was checking amazon for bitcoins last night, was looking to get rid of a amazon giftcard.

*an amazon giftcard.

Hi forum: 1DDpiEt36VTJsiJunyBc3XtG6CcSAnsQ4p
centove

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 12:50:34 AM

The way I see it is this would be one of the tipping points.

1. Amazon starts accepting bitcoins as a payment method.
2. Amazon starts paying vendors in bitcoins.

Do I see it happening? Maybe.. But this would drive some demand for the coin that's for sure.

Give me Btc: 1BRkf5bwSVdGCyvu4SyYBiJjEjbNiAQoYd Mine on my node: http://ask.gxsnmp.org:9332/
nebulus

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

... it only gets better...

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 12:55:17 AM

Considering that Bezos prefers to dive the seas in his spare time, it is probably highly likely he does not even know what Bitcoin is. I am not going to even speculate how difficult it would be to set up a Bitcoin based payrol for a such a big company as Amazon (about 35000 employees). Amazon + Bitcoin ain't going to happen, sorry...

NikolaTesla

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 03:44:10 AM

2. Amazon starts paying vendors in bitcoins.
I would literally masturbate to that.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 03:59:06 AM

This is how i will look for a top. Ignore the price, the price is almost meaningless for assessing these things. the day amazon starts accepting bitcoin you will know we are near the top. after that id give it 1 more week for new excited capital to flow in then i would cash silver out.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
The-Real-Link

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 08:07:37 AM

Couldn't they just have prices adjust either when items are added to cart or in realtime?  Our ticker APIs do it, the exchanges do it, couldn't vendors do this too?

Oh Loaded, who art up in Mt. Gox, hallowed be thy name!  Thy dollars rain, thy will be done, on BTCUSD.  Give us this day our daily 10% 30%, and forgive the bears, as we have bought their bitcoins.  And lead us into quadruple digits
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 09:19:09 AM

i noticed more people on ebay seem to accepting bitcoin, price speculation is going to inhibit it for a while yet i think

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: