Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:48:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will governments create their own cryptocurrency that will replace fiat?  (Read 39268 times)
infested

Activity: 160
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:03:55 AM

In the next 100 years, do you think Governments will create their own cryptocurrency or digital currency that will replace fiat currency, i.e. coins, paper money, the paper dollar,  etc.?

If it does happen, will it be like bitcoin or will it still represent gold like how today's money works?

They will do 100%. In fact many of them are already planing it or have already done it like Venezuela. In most cases it will be nothing like bitcoin or gold.

Btw are you seriously thinking current fiat represents gold? It actually represents dept as its printed to loan banks/corps/government/people and thats the reason its always depreciating.

If governments create their own crypto it will be exactly like current fiat. It will be based on dept and depreciating. They will print as much as they want depending their financial policy. It will actually be worse than fiat because it wont be anonymous and it will be easier to control so if you are against your government they will be able to close your accounts instantly.
TechnoBibble

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:33:56 AM

I think this is a step that is not right, if every country or government makes its own cryptocurrency, then other countries would not necessarily accept it so that it makes no difference with the ordinary currency, better a few countries join to create a cryptocurrency so that can be used globally.
justicesquadron

Activity: 215

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:02:22 PM

It is most certainly that our world has become so attached to the internet and it became a very vital thing in our lifes, every thing we do we do it with internet, so it is not a surprise that we no longer use fiat money but instead we use cryptocurrency.
weiweianll

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:15:30 PM

Venezuela is the first country to create its own cryptocurrency!
In the future, many countries will follow Venezuela to create its own cryptocurrency!
abayan

Activity: 686
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:27:48 PM

I think this is a step that is not right, if every country or government makes its own cryptocurrency, then other countries would not necessarily accept it so that it makes no difference with the ordinary currency, better a few countries join to create a cryptocurrency so that can be used globally.

We can't stop if they will create their own currency because they are making the laws and processes so it will be much easy for them to get attraction to the community or the people's who is not in crypto and don't much understand the way what makes more crypto advantages to eliminate the government hands over the money and other matters.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄           ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Aleth

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:47:17 PM

I think with the trends today that digital coins are popping out so i is not impossible that there will be different coins yet to come out and i believe that governments will create its own crypto coin like fiat money.
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:00:33 PM

Some of the countries have already done it. Russia is working at its crypto ruble, for example. Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIq9S0BqIO8
zenfo

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:23:14 PM

Some of the countries have already done it. Russia is working at its crypto ruble, for example. Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIq9S0BqIO8

For right now there are many countries that building their own coins because of chrash of economic, but about the their coins will be replace their fiat money i am doubt about it, because not all of people on countries can understand about digital currencies. If it can be happening will take long time...
campica

Activity: 645
Merit: 145

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:36:32 PM

You ask if that will happen in next 100 years, but I would say that it will happen much before. Digital currency progressing so fast, everyday you can read news about something new in crypto world, it's become better and better. I think that for 10 year from now we will use blockchain and there won't be fiat money at all.
Argoo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:05:49 PM

Of course, many states will now create and create their own crypto currency, but it will be completely centralized and therefore not similar to bitcoins. Also, I think, in future there will be a lot of combined currency, which will have signs of different types of currencies, including crypto-currencies, that is, the advantage of different types of currencies will be used.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
JustinTaner

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:23:07 PM

I think this will continue to be a contradiction, the transaction certainly becomes easier and certainly the government can control the coins in total, but I'm sure many do not agree because they are worried about not having more access.
Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:13:40 PM

Some governments have already issued their own cryptocurrency to raise fund for their economy or for faster governmental transactions. This government-made cryptocurrency will likely a centralized one instead of decentralized system to control or monitor the flow of transactions. It's already happening now and there is no need to wait that hundred years time frame.
s0beit

Activity: 556
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:19:31 PM

In the next 100 years, do you think Governments will create their own cryptocurrency or digital currency that will replace fiat currency, i.e. coins, paper money, the paper dollar,  etc.?

If it does happen, will it be like bitcoin or will it still represent gold like how today's money works?

I think that there will still be a possibility that the government could make their own currency but they can't replace the fiat that easy because there are lots of things to consider before they do it. Before they create a currency that could replace fiat, I think bitcoin would rise first.
Tukang Becak

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:36:42 PM

If the government creates cryptocurrency then I am sure that many benefits can be obtained, everyone will have the same opportunity to earn money to improve welfare.
Inikoo

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:37:42 PM

If a government makes a "cryptocurrency", it will be centralized for sure, so I would not neceserly call it cryptocurrency. Cash will dissapear for sure however, in the next century.

mia khalifa

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:53:24 PM

the government makes cryptocurrency itself I think it could happen but if the government wants to replace the fiat position and replace it to cryptocurrency it seems that it will not be able, not only that cryptocurrency created from the government should also be able to have good and useful products.
lastnumber

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:34:03 AM

The money the government creates will help them manage the economy better. Some countries have also applied Blockchain technology to their financial operations. So, governments can create their own electronic money. But that only makes trading activities more favorable, not replace Fiat. Every thing has its own value, we can not eliminate one of two things. I believe that the electronic money that the government makes can not be completely replaced by cash.
Leyss

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 03:40:05 AM

In any case, some states are already issuing their own crypto currency and will continue to do so. However, it is unlikely that all states began to use their own crypto currency. I do not think that such a national centralized crypto currency will completely replace the national types of money. Most likely, such a crypto currency will only partially replace fiat, not all the population will want to switch to crypto currency, this is technically difficult and risky. Moreover, it is not always suitable for use in all cases.
queenlaurel

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:21:29 PM

Its on a possibility that they will or maybe accept Bitcoin. Its obvious those who are at the seat of power won't want to loose in anyway, so they might create a currency to make them remain on top and still get profit off people. It is posdible.

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN www.wppenergy.io
Anaviscacam

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:02:04 PM

I do not think that the government will create their own crypto, but I do believe that they will try to centralize and regulate all the other cryptos. We already see that with banning ICO's in some countries, adding taxes and offering crypto bank accounts, they are taking some steps to this.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: