Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:24:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Terracoin is ALLIIIIIVEEEE  (Read 22751 times)
VforVictory

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

V for Victory or Rather JustV8

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 02:28:09 AM

So in summary what is the consensus, will the stalled coins be confirmed anytime soon?

Magic Eight Ball says "Hell no". Over eight hours to find a block on Coinotron... Unless something magical happens.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Trading
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:14:13 AM

The market takes care of most things. Even if transactions stay very slow until the problem is fixed and prevented, high difficulty might support terracoin's price, because it obviously will limit the money supply. Lets remember that there are only about 2,032,260 terracoins (it's not like litecoin that has about 16,490,000 or PPcoin with more than 27,000,000; make no confusion, I like these coins very much too). The price went up too much for high difficulty to be a serious threat. Right now, slowness of transfers is even supporting the price, because is preventing traders to sell at btc-e the coins bought at vircurex. No doubt, when they all arrive, that will put pressure on the price. But many (including yours truly) are waiting that to buy thousands of cheap terracoins.
Will the high difficulty drive away some miners? Perhaps. But I doubt that, because scarcity and its consequences on expectations of future prices will have their weight. The fact that many terracoin miners have many terracoins will also force them to keep mining to support the coin. Namecoin has much more serious problems of revenue, but despite that it is still kicking. Most people will support terracoin because of its value even if for more than a reason the slowness of transfers last or kept occurring.
If this price lasts, you will see places accepting terracoin popping up, including, for the best or the worst, a "Terramit" and a "Terra Road". At 0.008 btcs, one terracoin has more value than the green bag (1.38 USDs, with BTC at 173 usd).

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:20:59 AM

The market takes care of most things. Even if transactions stay very slow until the problem is fixed and prevented, high difficulty might support terracoin's price, because it obviously will limit the money supply. Lets remember that there are only about 2,032,260 terracoins (it's not like litecoin that has about 16,490,000 or PPcoin with more than 27,000,000; make no confusion, I like these coins very much too). The price went up too much for high difficulty to be a serious threat. Right now, slowness of transfers is even supporting the price, because is preventing traders to sell at btc-e the coins bought at vircurex. No doubt, when they all arrive, that will put pressure on the price. But many (including yours truly) are waiting that to buy thousands of cheap terracoins.
Will the high difficulty drive away some miners? Perhaps. But I doubt that, because scarcity and its consequences on expectations of future prices will have their weight. The fact that many terracoin miners have many terracoins will also force them to keep mining to support the coin. Namecoin has much more serious problems of revenue, but despite that it is still kicking. Most people will support terracoin because of its value even if for more than a reason the slowness of transfers last or kept occurring.
If this price lasts, you will see places accepting terracoin popping up, including, for the best or the worst, a "Terramit" and a "Terra Road". At 0.008 btcs, one terracoin has more value than the green bag (1.38 USDs, with BTC at 173 usd).

+1.  TRC is an excellent coin, and once this little hiccup gets sorted out, I expect more adoption. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:52:17 AM

If anyone wants to help TRC in its hour of need please, please mine it for a little while while they get the show back on the road!
roy7

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:58:02 AM

Is there a reason coins can't just have the reward adjusted dynamically instead of the difficulty of finding a new block with a static reward? Then blocks can keep flowing quickly for transactions, and just the new block reward go up/down based on the desired new coin generation rate.
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:58:41 AM

Is there a reason coins can't just have the reward adjusted dynamically instead of the difficulty of finding a new block with a static reward? Then blocks can keep flowing quickly for transactions, and just the new block reward go up/down based on the desired new coin generation rate.

Yes I think they are working on it
Naelr

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 10:15:46 AM

I wanna help Terracoin out of this ordeal.. I can't find a wallet client anywhere (only online one just don't trust that) because coinotron won't let me create an account I was going to mine p2pool but I need a client... can anyone point me in the right direction?

Naelr

Join me in hosted mining.  And always use 2 Factor Auth whenever possible.
CEX.IO hosting mining
MessyCoin

Activity: 458

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 10:23:47 AM

I wanna help Terracoin out of this ordeal.. I can't find a wallet client anywhere (only online one just don't trust that) because coinotron won't let me create an account I was going to mine p2pool but I need a client... can anyone point me in the right direction?

The official windows binaries are at http://sourceforge.net/projects/terracoin/ Smiley

Naelr

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 10:25:24 AM

thanks sir!

CEX.IO hosting mining
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 10:30:47 AM

Official client with upgrade available here http://terracoin.org/news/

Difficulty is readjusting in a few hours and the network will make a full recovery!
goemon888

Activity: 435
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 10:42:23 AM

Hi..
I have some Trc unconfirmed from Vircurex.. (20 hour ago) i need wait?
celkaris

Activity: 148

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 10:52:32 AM

Hi..
I have some Trc unconfirmed from Vircurex.. (20 hour ago) i need wait?

network lacks miners right now.
yes, just be patient, or help mining a little bit if you can Smiley
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:47:13 PM

Diff is going to drop very soon, miners will jump on, patch to adjust difficulty will have worked. TRC's back  Cool
VforVictory

Activity: 280

V for Victory or Rather JustV8

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:50:53 PM

Diff is going to drop very soon, miners will jump on, patch to adjust difficulty will have worked. TRC's back  Cool

By very soon you mean three days, right?
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:52:59 PM

I heard six hours.. but if it's three days it's better than never!
CryptoJunky

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 04:02:39 PM

The amount of time until the next diff adjustment will be dependent on just how much hashing power gets back onto TRC. If more people get back on TRC it will be shorter, if not, longer. If you hold any TRC it would probably be a good idea to help it out with a bit of mining power and help speed up the difficulty readjustment.

psybits
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 04:04:03 PM

The amount of time until the next diff adjustment will be dependent on just how much hashing power gets back onto TRC. If more people get back on TRC it will be shorter, if not, longer. If you hold any TRC it would probably be a good idea to help it out with a bit of mining power and help speed up the difficulty readjustment.

Yes, anyone holding TRC should be mining like a madman!
Naelr

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 02:44:00 AM

Yes, anyone holding TRC should be mining like a madman!

Throwing 1.6  G/hash at it right now!

CEX.IO hosting mining
CryptoJunky

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 02:52:17 AM

Naelr,

Welcome to the Terracoin recovery effort!

Naelr

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 03:06:30 AM

Naelr,

Welcome to the Terracoin recovery effort!

Hope I can help... have a few BTC invested... would like to see it turn around.

Naelr

CEX.IO hosting mining
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: