Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:41:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [LTC] [ANN] Physical Litecoins by CryptoVest (Project on hold)  (Read 12948 times)
matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 03:20:28 PM

Man, it almost seems like I'm never going to come up with a design that everyone likes :\

To get these made will be thousands and thousands of dollars, so I need something most people will like so I can sell a few and don't waste a lot of money.

So you guys want something that looks.. for lack of better words.. more like a coin?

Ok, back to the drawing board...
fiat coins are well made in fact. Also, we are in a world where minimalist designs prevail.

You will get it right, you just want something sharp and plain, something that when you look at you say "oh its neat" and you were able to read it all with a split second glimpse.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 04:05:28 PM

A simpler design based on your recommendations, I actually like this one the best so far: Wink

Also, notice that because I'm not making this in a 3D modeling program, my coin probably will not look as nice as the coin you guys posted earlier as an example.

After it's in its true form on a coin it will look similar... it won't actually be as colorful as this. The people making the coins will do the 3d stuff for me, I just need to give them some guidelines of a design to work off of.
matauc12

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 04:22:31 PM

A simpler design based on your recommendations, I actually like this one the best so far: Wink

Also, notice that because I'm not making this in a 3D modeling program, my coin probably will not look as nice as the coin you guys posted earlier as an example.

After it's in its true form on a coin it will look similar... it won't actually be as colorful as this. The people making the coins will do the 3d stuff for me, I just need to give them some guidelines of a design to work off of.
its your favorite, as it is mine Smiley great revise. Should update OP with this revision added for traction.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 04:28:22 PM

its your favorite, as it is mine Smiley great revise. Should update OP with this revision added for traction.

Thanks for your feedback Smiley

I think I was trying to do too much and simply didn't want to copy the Litecoin logo, but since it looks better plain and simple like this, might as well keep it that way.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:39:36 PM

This is where I'm at now... Thanks for your help guys, I want you to like them- so please keep giving me feedback!!

matauc12

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:42:27 PM

Really like those. If you want a numerical value on , perhaps a relatively small embossed number top right or left.
skull88

Activity: 683

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:12:00 PM

Great, definitely going to buy them (I'm a sucker for these physical crypto coins  Grin)

Your last design is the best, and I think it will be nice in real form, if possible also do the 1's and 0's on the side like in that 3D model.

Only the typography could be a little bit better in my opinion . I don't like the proportions of the letters, seems like they are squeezed together and the alignment isn't perfect. But I suppose because it are only guidelines the designer working on the 3d will see this too.

For the value, I think the safest is to start with a plated one with not to many coins loaded. I don't have a problem to trust you right away with a small amount. But immediately buy for example a 1oz silver one with 1000ltc loaded on it seems a little bit too much and I think most people will. So start small like casascius did, and start to think about silver ones afterwards when they are a strong and trusted brand.

...ow and don't forget to make a typo in the first batch, lol  Cheesy

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:26:10 PM

Great, definitely going to buy them (I'm a sucker for these physical crypto coins  Grin)

Your last design is the best, and I think it will be nice in real form, if possible also do the 1's and 0's on the side like in that 3D model.

Only the typography could be a little bit better in my opinion . I don't like the proportions of the letters, seems like they are squeezed together and the alignment isn't perfect. But I suppose because it are only guidelines the designer working on the 3d will see this too.

For the value, I think the safest is to start with a plated one with not to many coins loaded. I don't have a problem to trust you right away with a small amount. But immediately buy for example a 1oz silver one with 1000ltc loaded on it seems a little bit too much and I think most people will. So start small like casascius did, and start to think about silver ones afterwards when they are a strong and trusted brand.

...ow and don't forget to make a typo in the first batch, lol  Cheesy

Thanks for the kind words, I'm definitely gonna tweak the design a bit more, these are only rough drafts. The guys that make the die for the coin will make sure everything's good too. Smiley

I am definitely not an expert photo shopper... I just liked the idea of this project.. bringing physical currency to an ALT coin. Hopefully I can get the details pegged down soon.

I like your idea of starting small.. I'm beginning to realize how expensive everything will be... yikes. Definitely gonna have to start small!  Wink

Is it better with or without the numbers? (numbers are not perfectly centered yet)

Thanks matauc12 for the feedback again!
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:26:53 PM

This is where I'm at now... Thanks for your help guys, I want you to like them- so please keep giving me feedback!!

I would prefer the number to be presented as a number and not as a string, ie  "1" and not "one". Also in the opposite part I'd like it to have the number with big font in the center, and a nice font in the background (i.e. many LTC miniature fonts diagonially). Take the 2 Euro coin for instance.

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:31:25 PM

I would prefer the number to be presented as a number and not as a string, ie  "1" and not "one". Also in the opposite part I'd like it to have the number with big font in the center, and a nice font in the background (i.e. many LTC miniature fonts diagonially). Take the 2 Euro coin for instance.

It will cost about $5000 to make a really secure tamper proof custom hologram with advanced security features, so unfortunately I cannot put different numbers on them because it would cost too much (5000*7 designs.... ouch).
Hawk72

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:34:13 PM

Looks nice, I would be in for a few.

One exception, and no offense to your "name", but "CoinHoarder" is not something I'd want on a physical coin.  Casascius has a much more exotic ring to it, no problem with that on his coins.
matauc12

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:40:08 PM

I have to disagree (not that my opinion is the only good one, just don't agree). I really like the alphabetical values on the outline which is why I also suggested a numerical on the front. There is something that paradoxically give alphabetical values a minimalist look on the outline instead of simple numbers. (I guess it comes from uniformity, if there was no letters on the coin maybe all numerical would look better)
skull88

Activity: 683

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:42:17 PM

Is it better with or without the numbers? (numbers are not perfectly centered yet)
Better with the numbers, only the 100, 500 and 1000 need more whitespace.

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
matauc12

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:42:36 PM

One exception, and no offense to your "name", but "CoinHoarder" is not something I'd want on a physical coin.  Casascius has a much more exotic ring to it, no problem with that on his coins.
I understand what you mean, but at the same time I think he should value his branding. Maybe a compromise on the back instead of front? I feel that no matter the name, on the back might fit better.

Coinhoarder, this is probably very trivial,  but maybe the logo a tiny tiny bit smaller? Trying to visiualize 3d metal coin and it might remove a little extra bulk that might not be apparent 2d?
Neverest

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:48:55 PM

One exception, and no offense to your "name", but "CoinHoarder" is not something I'd want on a physical coin.  Casascius has a much more exotic ring to it, no problem with that on his coins.
I understand what you mean, but at the same time I think he should value his branding. Maybe a compromise on the back instead of front? I feel that no matter the name, on the back might fit better.

Coinhoarder, this is probably very trivial,  but maybe the logo a tiny tiny bit smaller? Trying to visiualize 3d metal coin and it might remove a little extra bulk that might not be apparent 2d?

+1 for Hawk. This is the first thing I noticed and rejected: no Coinhoarder. Nothing personal and I understand the need for marketing, but get a new, neutral name, that will still stand out as a brand, but not a negative one (hoarding is considered very negative).
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:57:26 PM

Thinks for the feedback guys, perhaps I can come up with some sort of brand name instead.
matauc12

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 07:10:05 PM

Thinks for the feedback guys, perhaps I can come up with some sort of brand name instead.
Well in light of fincen reg you might have to create an LLC so perhaps a brand name like xxx cryptocurrency (xxx being reference to something like "physical" "solid")
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 09:57:19 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2013, 11:51:44 PM by CoinHoarder

Ok, I came up with a name since you guys dont like my name..  Cry Cry

I think you guys will find it more suitable... CryptoVest

Also I cleaned up the images from earlier and reduced the font size on the numbers slightly so that 100, 500, and 1000 fit in nicely.

Let me know what you think!

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 11:56:21 PM

Any input on the latest design?

I have already contacted a coin company that's going to make the 4 lowest denomination designs at 250 coins each, this will be the first batch.

I expect to have the coins in about 2 weeks and the holograms will take about 3 weeks, so I think in about a month and a half I can have a completed product in my hands ready to sell to you guys!

I think I will auction the first one off to a good cause and something that will work well with a physical Litecoin... an Armory Clone. 100% of the auction proceeds will go into starting a bounty for an offline wallet/cold storage and an easy to use GUI interface with a LTC private key redeem feature. The winner of the auction will receive a certificate of authentication of being our first physical Litecoin minted and it will come with a nice case. I will add more to this bounty as time goes on to make sure LTC gets such a thing!  Wink

Thanks for the help with the designs! Smiley
matauc12

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 12:27:22 AM

As you probably know my state on those, they look exactly as they should.

But I can't seem to get out of my head how a NFC tag in them would be useful, but I have no idea if the foundry would be able to do that and if yes at what cost. Would go superb with the cold wallet options your are talking about, even maybe make holo obsolete (let's face it, holo is definitely the best way to do with, but because of lack of alternative). Also, if they can't be inside of the actual coin, they are merely stickers, maybe even snap on cores.

Of course, I am suggesting this with absolutely no idea about cost that it would add, and my knowledge of the functionality is somewhat limited to, but just an idea you might want to maybe tinker about at least for future revisions.

Best of luck.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: