Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:16:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin worse than drugs!!! Friends do not let friends do bitcoins :-)  (Read 3382 times)
Vladimir (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 07:53:47 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2011, 08:21:39 PM by Vladimir

Bitcoin is a horrible invention. It shall be added to a list of banned substances,because it is hugely addictive. Since I first heard about bitcoins half a year ago, I have even stopped playing computer games. All I do is build and maintain those damn mining machines. These machines have taken over my life! My house feels, smells and sounds as a datacenter, my garage can be used for shooting Matrix4 (the scenes with really bad cable management in their ships and lots of blinking light).

I even quit my job because of bitcoins and all I can think about now is bitcoins.

Beware!!!

Friends do not let friends do bitcoins :-)

Is there Bitcoin Anonymous? Maybe they could help me to go cold turkey.

Grin

-
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 08:03:27 PM

You quit your job? How much you making from bitcoins?

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Vladimir (OP)

Activity: 812

-

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 08:09:36 PM

You quit your job? How much you making from bitcoins?

Well.... I have not had a dayjob of 9to5 type, for a few years now. More accurately would be to say, I dissolved a business because of bitcoins.

-
lacedwithkerosene

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2011, 08:14:54 PM

Well Vlady, we don't offer counseling, just release, but you can always confess the extent of your addiction to the Bitcoin Addict site.

Neyo

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 08:21:40 PM

I guess at least 99 percent of people on this forum (me included) think bitcoin can only go up, and are checking the price constantly. How about "bitcoin crack", or "crackcoin" (inspired by CrackBerry)?
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 08:27:06 PM

How about "bitcoin crack", or "crackcoin" (inspired by CrackBerry)?

haha..actually 'Icecoin' has a nice ring to it too...

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
triforcelink

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 08:28:17 PM

yea... it is addicting... i put all my other goals/projects on hold because of bitcoin, now im pouring all my money into it <_< as long as bitcoin does not explode in our faces, i think we will be ok.

done

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 08:35:45 PM

Best of luck with your bitcoin addictions
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2011, 08:58:42 PM

Bitcoin is a horrible invention. It shall be added to a list of banned substances,because it is hugely addictive. Since I first heard about bitcoins half a year ago, I have even stopped playing computer games. All I do is build and maintain those damn mining machines. These machines have taken over my life! My house feels, smells and sounds as a datacenter, my garage can be used for shooting Matrix4 (the scenes with really bad cable management in their ships and lots of blinking light).

I even quit my job because of bitcoins and all I can think about now is bitcoins.

Beware!!!

Friends do not let friends do bitcoins :-)

Is there Bitcoin Anonymous? Maybe they could help me to go cold turkey.

Grin

I feel your pain my friend.

flug

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 12:06:34 AM

I'm just hooked on the idea of it, without doing any mining or trading. I can't stop thinking about its implications. Are we all sure it's not too wild to let it out of its cage?
Bazil

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 12:11:56 AM

My obsession with bitcoin is centered around me quitting my job! Tongue  I wouldn't have been as interested if I wasn't interested in quitting!

17Bo9a6YpXN2SbwY8mXLCD43Wup9ZE4rwm
Swishercutter

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 02:05:30 AM

I think that I could be addicted.  I have invested everything I can into mining, I have 4 different android apps that monitor my mining/Mtgox, I constantly check all my miners...I talk to them (beg them to keep running) and I read every article (positive or negative) about bitcoin. 

It's getting bad...I feel your pain Vlad.  I worry that someday I might be that guy clearing out a majority share of all the vid cards that come into my country (I am looking at you Vlad).  Before I found bitcoin I was starting a small business selling RepRap's...the bitcoin thing was meant to be supplemental...its becoming my main focus.  I keep hoping I will reach a point where I can just let it run...after reading some of the forum posts I think that will never happen...I will be one of those people constantly watching/changing/upgrading my computers.
triforcelink

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 10:59:37 AM

WE LOVE YOU BITCOIN!!!!!! <3

Notrem

Activity: 111

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 11:23:28 AM

I will have my machine turned off for one day, I'm so nervous Sad((

I think I'm addicted to Bitcoin !  Roll Eyes

Comepradz

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 11:25:31 AM

Since I first heard about bitcoins half a year ago, I have even stopped playing computer games. All I do is build and maintain those damn mining machines. These machines have taken over my life!

+1
Basiley

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 11:28:48 AM

hi, my name is Basiley and im BitCoin-addicted :[  *expect response of any kind*
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 02:39:13 PM

I've been geeking out over it since I finally decided to jump in and acquire some btc several weeks ago. Reading everything I can, joining this forum, annoying friends, etc.

To be fair though, considering where I live, I'm pretty hard up for intellectual stimulation....

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2011, 03:17:54 PM

I am totally addicted. It was worse when I first found out about bitcoin though. I used to lay awake at night wondering how on earth such an incredible idea could be so unknown. My late-night musings came up with so many scenarios where bitcoin changed the world and became uber-valuable, I eventually had to get involved.

Now that a lot more people agree with that view, I'm not so perplexed, and I see a lot of people implementing the very ideas I came up with.

If I didn't have a boss, wife, and kids, I'd probably be doing more with bitcoin projects myself. As it is, I just try to collect coins and make small donations to world-changing projects.

BubbleBoy

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 03:23:14 PM

I feel for you, and I believe cold turkey is the only way to go. There is hope ! Just send all your bitcoins to: 1<insert random bunch of numbers and letters here>. You might need a few tries to get the check digit right.
This way you will make sure they can't hurt anybody else ever again.

████
              ▄▄████▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
     ▄████▀▀            ▀▀████▄
   ▄████▀                  ▀████▄
  ▐███▀                      ▀███▌
 ▐███▀   ████▄  ████  ▄████   ▀███▌
 ████    █████▄ ████ ▄█████    ████
▐███▌    ██████▄████▄██████    ▐███▌
████     ██████████████████     ████
████     ████ ████████ ████     ████
████     ████  ██████  ████     ████
▐███▌    ████   ████   ████    ▐███▌
 ████    ████   ████   ████    ████
 ▐███▄   ████   ████   ████   ▄███▌
  ▐███▄                      ▄███▌
   ▀████▄                  ▄████▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀████▀▀
                ████
MIDEX
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ GET TOKENS ▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM                                # WEB ANN + Bounty <
with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers           > Telegram Facebook Twitter Blog #
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2011, 03:48:57 PM

Bitcoin is not that bad... It's the carrots you really need to stay away from.

As long as you don't become a dealer selling mining contracts you'll be fine.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: