Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:14:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: You should never trust banks  (Read 60713 times)
sabray

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:03:34 PM

I don't think banks would just closed your account without further notice, i'm sure you did something that's they closed your account. You were not stating the banks side that's why it's hard to tell what really happen to your account. Why don't you ask the bank manager or the teller and why do they need to close your account?
yes it is not possible the bank closes the customer's account without confirmation first, if true bank error may give the right reason I do not blame anyone but sounds strange to me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HELLOFF

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:03:16 PM

I don't think banks would just closed your account without further notice, i'm sure you did something that's they closed your account. You were not stating the banks side that's why it's hard to tell what really happen to your account. Why don't you ask the bank manager or the teller and why do they need to close your account?
yes it is not possible the bank closes the customer's account without confirmation first, if true bank error may give the right reason I do not blame anyone but sounds strange to me.
to deal with the banking system or not, this is a private matter for everyone. But I would not blame all the banks, in all the problems of mankind. And first of all it is not worth doing them because people themselves go to the bank for loans, And after that they do not count on their opportunities, getting into debts.
Jraf95

Activity: 170
Merit: 46

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:58:25 PM

Unfortunately, currently this holds true for almost all centralized institutions. The good news is that nowadays, through the use of Bitcoin wallets, we can be our own bank.
By using banks there are clear benefits, but we do not need to have all the funds in it.
Well bitcoin wallet is good infact each user trusted  this one in order to receive some.
If we talk about banking, bitcoin is good but we dont know how the web running its unpredictable and no one gives refund if you lost in bitcoin. It better to have banks because in banks you can directly contact the bank you've  trusted because theres a man behind.
mulukey

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:06:44 PM

Bitcoin marketing and other altcoins are a good idea, but to do that is not easy. It is difficult for crypto investors to accept a bank that manages their assets as they enter the market because of its anonymity and privacy. To persuade the community to accept it is extremely difficult.
zoom_rich

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:09:35 PM

How could they keep your money? What country was this?

What did you do before hand? Were you buying Bitcoins?
MathGame

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:20:03 PM

Well, they can do it but they took all yo money??  That jist don't seem right.  Even in the US, they can close yo account but they cain't jist seize all yo assets.  Don't know what country you in, but sounds like you gotsta move.

The other thang is you can jist keep yo money unda yo mattress OR you can use bitcoin, if you can buy it.  But that'd be a pain in the ASS if you gots to do it face to face every dam time.  You could also jist try another bank an' hope they ain't as crookit.

I was astonished at first that I couldn't believe it could happen in the United States,one of the most democratic countries in the world. My experience is an egregious example of how far banks can go. They wield unlimited power and controls everything. Also banks are more fragile than we think. Global scale financial crisis happens around every ten years, and you can see how many banks will fail to fulfill their promises when the next one comes.
Well, seem like there so many bankers here, I don't like banks so there is no way I can support them. Banks sucks!
fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:07:39 AM

I trust only that banks are either government owned or if the deposits are insured by the govt .
Either be it government bank or private sector, I don't think there is any fear as nowadays banks can't run awatly with your money. All the money is being handled by a central body. I personally don't fear banks but I do fear its policies which does varies.

which I know the bank, private or government owned is already supervised by the government, in the transaction activity. so if the bank makes the fraud it is quite difficult, because it has been supervised. therefore we believe or not to the bank is up to us.
Before the introduction of crypto currency, there were people in fact all of us were having no other suitable option than that of putting their trust on banks.

With the passage of time, things are getting changed and now banks are not considered to be the best place of keeping your money safe. A lot of events happened in the past history which really shows us that banks are not that much safe as they need to be.
sizzle729

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:22:53 AM

A bank will never close your account for no valid reason at all... Give us details. How often do you transact with your bank. Did you know that you should maintain a minimum balance to your account so that it will not be charged when it falls below  the minimum required bal. There are many possibilities as to why the bank would opt to close your account. It would be better if you have monitored your transactions. But you should demand an explanation because its your money.
carodupuis

Activity: 382
Merit: 100

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency on Sexy

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:45:29 AM

anythings wrong or illegal. You explain just your side only and you did not show us the side of the bank.
Definitely. Things are not like that much bad in the side of banks as well. These are the corporations that are helping you and your country to make money and distributing it and then giving you a place to safe them. So why are people against these banks? I think three must be some misconception and misunderstanding for the people who think like this. This guy must tell about the side of banks.
Noilee

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:26:57 PM

I think you just need to get their side if whats really happen and the reason behind it. You have the right to know thing about closing that banks. They need to do is an explanation so that it will clear to you. I think the best you can do is do not trust your money to put in the banks next time. Its better to just invest in bitcoin so that its sure that your money will safe and secure and you can get or earn profit.
abayan

Activity: 686
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:02:26 PM

I think you just need to get their side if whats really happen and the reason behind it. You have the right to know thing about closing that banks. They need to do is an explanation so that it will clear to you. I think the best you can do is do not trust your money to put in the banks next time. Its better to just invest in bitcoin so that its sure that your money will safe and secure and you can get or earn profit.

I think so, especially that bank interest for the money deposited is so low. Actually trusting banks, unless strongly established, is quite a hard thing to do. When a bank is not strong and just new, do not trust is for now because it doesn’t have any name yet or maybe a big insurance if anything happens incorrectly. Besides fraud may also occur here. It is really best to just invest money in bitcoin.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄           ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
offthecuff

Activity: 238
Merit: 23

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:11:48 PM

You only have to look at the amount of scams the banks have done in the UK to small time customers to realise how bad they are, from PPI, miss selling of accounts to overcharging for loans. That's not even mentioning how the government had to bail them out at the expense of the British taxpayers.
Night_holder

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:16:47 PM

Sad story. It's unfortunate that in our time banks manage such machinations. In addition, the ordinary people suffer, that with their own hands earned these pennies
S.Sandberg

Activity: 83
Merit: 11

Found my post helpful ? click "merit" please ;)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:17:21 PM

the funniest thing about banks is that their interest rate is lower than inflation rate.

so no matter the interest rates, your bank account number will never rise as fast as prices!

banks are just a waste of time ! Smiley
Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:58:07 PM

My bank closed my account last year for no reason, and all money in my account was gone. I argued with the bank, even contacted the local government, no use. My bank just stated that "Pursuant to the CMA Disclosure and Agreement, 'THE BANK, at its discretion, may elect not to accept an account, terminate the account agreement and the account agreements of any related parties'. Both parties to the agreements have the right to end the relationship at any time and neither is obliged to provide a basis for such a decision to terminate". No single word explaing the termination was given to me. I contacted all banking lawyers online, and they were all representing the bank, not the customers. The money I lost can buy a new Mercedes. However, banks around the world now are too powerful. They are too big to fail. When you open an account in the United States, and probably also many other countries, you voluntarily give up the rights to sue the bank under their arbitrage clause. Even worse, they define the financial laws and enforce them. They can close your account, freeze and steal your property and evict you from your house. The more money you deposit into your bank account, the more you are helping the evil. I'm glad to see Bitcoin is changing all of these. Let banks die!
It's not that we can't trust banks. It's their security system that is not reliable. There has been many cases regarding atm skimming and hacking which makes people lost their trust. The good thing about bitcoin is that, i can say that i can trust in it's security because it has 2 security features both are based on cryptographic protocols which makes it hard to crack or hack.
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:17:29 PM

You only have to look at the amount of scams the banks have done in the UK to small time customers to realise how bad they are, from PPI, miss selling of accounts to overcharging for loans. That's not even mentioning how the government had to bail them out at the expense of the British taxpayers.
What particular scam you are talking, I think banks would not do that to their client as they will have to protect their
reputation to stay in the business, they are profitable so why would they do such stupid things.
In addition, bank is regulated and govern by the central bank so if they make unfair practice they will be penalized.
arlington

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:20:02 PM

Well banks are causing a lot of discomfort everywhere by taking the cream of profits of everyone and glad to see the btc rising and hope that major banks won`t take control of it.
juragane

Activity: 476

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:33:22 PM

My bank closed my account last year for no reason, and all money in my account was gone. I argued with the bank, even contacted the local government, no use. My bank just stated that "Pursuant to the CMA Disclosure and Agreement, 'THE BANK, at its discretion, may elect not to accept an account, terminate the account agreement and the account agreements of any related parties'. Both parties to the agreements have the right to end the relationship at any time and neither is obliged to provide a basis for such a decision to terminate". No single word explaing the termination was given to me. I contacted all banking lawyers online, and they were all representing the bank, not the customers. The money I lost can buy a new Mercedes. However, banks around the world now are too powerful. They are too big to fail. When you open an account in the United States, and probably also many other countries, you voluntarily give up the rights to sue the bank under their arbitrage clause. Even worse, they define the financial laws and enforce them. They can close your account, freeze and steal your property and evict you from your house. The more money you deposit into your bank account, the more you are helping the evil. I'm glad to see Bitcoin is changing all of these. Let banks die!

yes I am from the beginning of saving is not trust in the bank, although they speak openness I am sure they still keep some secrets that should not be leaked.

BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:11:33 AM

the funniest thing about banks is that their interest rate is lower than inflation rate.

so no matter the interest rates, your bank account number will never rise as fast as prices!

I think banks is not a place for investment dude isnt it? if you want to invest you can look for commodities like gold, real estate, property, etc. I think the bank is a place to keep save your money. they provide good security for you. interest is just a bonus when you save money there. btw for the problem of loan funds in bank is annoying by giving big interest. it happened to my father's debt-laden with the bank
BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:18:17 AM

I think banks is not a place for investment dude isnt it? if you want to invest you can look for commodities like gold, real estate, property, etc. I think the bank is a place to keep save your money. they provide good security for you. interest is just a bonus when you save money there. btw for the problem of loan funds in bank is annoying by giving big interest. it happened to my father's debt-laden with the bank
well, that is the profit and loss of the bank itself. well, they do it according to the agreement. besides there is a percentage in terms of lending. and from that they will take great advantage of you. I've also seen it.
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: