Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:59:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think are the biggest disadvantages of Bitcoin?  (Read 76698 times)
ICObox

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:59:51 PM

I think that the high fees are the main obstacle for the massive use of crypto currency. In some countries, you have to pay very large fees when buying a crypto currency or when withdrawing cash. This discourages business and makes it impossible to use crypto currency in everyday life.
the only disadvantage in the present time is the transaction fee, with the passage of time the transaction fee is increasing i hope that this problem will solve on preyority bases which is really creating confusion for the new users.

I hope so too!

But I can not agree that the only problem is fees for internal transactions. In some countries, the cost of entering bitcoin can reach 10-20%. This is the fault of dishonest and greedy exchangers. And if you then have to pay high internal fees, the economic sense of investing in the world of crypto currency is lost!
So the fees are a global problem, not just the problem of internal transactions. We need rules of the game that establish the maximum possible margins - or something like that.
Lizzie_Girl

Activity: 332
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:08:16 PM

I think the biggest disadvantage and maybe the only one is the fact that in certain countries there are very few places to spend bitcoins. Other then there I don't really see anything negative about it ? If you really want you can say the fees but they are not there bad I feel it's justified to keep the blockchain moving well.

For people who don't have access to my place to spend Bitcoin should try spending as much as they can online and saw inf the rest for when bitcoin takes off.
liliiaolivia2017

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:30:22 PM

Of course it's lack of predictability, anonymity, and inability to verify who makes payment, there are no guarantees of protection against hacking and hacking bitcoins in the network.
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 06:37:38 PM

I think the biggest disadvantages of bitcoins is fees transaction, bitcoins will be difficult to adopt be currency
because if we send the money should there are no fees must be paid,
bitcoins right now just can be considered as digital asset and not currency, still there are issues on bitcoins
must be fixed for better.
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:04:44 PM

I think the biggest disadvantages of bitcoins is fees transaction, bitcoins will be difficult to adopt be currency
because if we send the money should there are no fees must be paid,
bitcoins right now just can be considered as digital asset and not currency, still there are issues on bitcoins
must be fixed for better.
There are a lot of issues in bitcoin. It does not become perfect yet. The transaction fee is a common reason and the confirmation time is also. Other than this we have many issues in bitcoin. We can not get back if you lose our bitcoins in any wallet and there is no support from anyone if we send bitcoins to the wrong address. or if anyone hacks our bitcoin account we don't know how to get back that account. Becasue no customer service like this many issues.
alexnikon911

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:26:29 PM

A strong enough disadvantage in bitcoin is the lack of an opportunity to understand who makes payment and also the absence of a transaction passes banks, and taxes and also anonymity is a means to financing terrorists or forbidden goods.
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:23:03 AM

the big disadvantge of bitcoin for me is that it is not accessiable by everyone and it can't be used in our every day lives, sure it is still new and people are still not fimalliar with, but for us the people who already use it and know about it need places so we can use them.
stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1293

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 06:57:56 AM

the big disadvantge of bitcoin for me is that it is not accessiable by everyone and it can't be used in our every day lives, sure it is still new and people are still not fimalliar with, but for us the people who already use it and know about it need places so we can use them.
The disadvantages you see is not that big to hindrance the success, with time passes by the development shall continue.
One day you will see bitcoin will be widely accepted and it would not be possible if we will not support it now.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Armstand

Activity: 626

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 07:07:52 AM

The disadvantages you see is not that big to hindrance the success, with time passes by the development shall continue.
One day you will see bitcoin will be widely accepted and it would not be possible if we will not support it now.

That's why even there are problems like delays and transaction fees btc been troubled too, I still left portion of my savings left since we all knew that btc pump and dump scheme may always happen, we might tell it will pump again like it did before.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:47:05 AM

That's why even there are problems like delays and transaction fees btc been troubled too, I still left portion of my savings left since we all knew that btc pump and dump scheme may always happen, we might tell it will pump again like it did before.
If you are just using your bitcoin to buy things that you don't really need or to get some cash from it and use it on wants instead of needs then you really need to stop that kind of habit because it will just make you broke and you are right that bitcoin is experience some pumps and dumps but we will just lose the opportunity if we will sell our bitcoin so the best thing to do is to just hold at least 70% of our bitcoin and keep it on a safe wallet.
Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 10:03:37 AM

I think that the high fees are the main obstacle for the massive use of crypto currency. In some countries, you have to pay very large fees when buying a crypto currency or when withdrawing cash. This discourages business and makes it impossible to use crypto currency in everyday life.
the only disadvantage in the present time is the transaction fee, with the passage of time the transaction fee is increasing i hope that this problem will solve on preyority bases which is really creating confusion for the new users.

Added to this is too long to confirm the transaction that got 1week to confirm. Also the volatility of bitcoin price that its not yet acceptable in any worldwide now.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 10:08:55 AM

Probably we all share the same opinion, fees and confirmation time are bigest issues at the moment. But the problem is also that Bitcoin still isn't widely adopted as a payment method and I would also add reduced anonimity for users. But these things could be improved and Bitcoin needs to adjust.

I think the segwit integration will be a solution for most of our problems with BTC right now. An increase in Block size was really needed and it is a good decision in my opinion. I just hope people will understand the change and adopt BTC in life.

You have to understand that SegWit is still too far fetched right now. It requires 95% of the miner network to signal for SegWit activation but there's only around 30% of them that supports it. An increase in block size surely will help but we can't control the miners. And even with the UASF, they will not just change their mind so easily.

People dislike change. As a matter of fact, they despise it. It's only normal that people aren't embracing bitcoins even when they know about it and that they know it's the future of the currency. People will carry on with their lives without it. People only change when they believe that the change they are doing will be worth it. Converting all your fiat into bitcoins is such a huge change in life since you're putting your money at risk. There's still no way to assure that bitcoin is never going down.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 10:12:07 AM

Added to this is too long to confirm the transaction that got 1week to confirm. Also the volatility of bitcoin price that its not yet acceptable in any worldwide now.
Making friends with someone that is good at mining Bitcoin will allow them to make a bunch of transaction go through much faster than normal.
Another easy route for fast confirmations could be using ViaBTC's transaction accelerator.

Low transaction fees are the least of my issues with Bitcoin because Bitcoin can break really easily.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Joshua101101

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

https://saturn.black

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 10:13:57 AM

For me, the most important shortcoming of bitcoin is a too long transaction and a high commission if you use small amounts.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
liliiaolivia2017

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 10:30:35 AM

As for me at Exchange rate fluctuations
Lack of guarantees
Unpredictability
State bans (different countries are differently related to the bitcoin payment system and at any time can introduce all kinds of prohibitions on its use)
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 10:37:30 AM

The biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is a very slow spreading it in the world. This could contribute to a large number of suggestions for earnings in bitcoins. At the expense of the residents of the third world who can't find a decent income in their home countries.
mdzahed134

Activity: 2156
Merit: 259

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 10:42:27 AM

bitcoin price is suddenly up & down I think it's is disadvantages it's my personal opinion.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
NanaLelyakova

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 11:29:33 AM

Biggest disadvantage that I can see with bitcoin is its long confirmation to the users that makes everyone irritated, which we do not want, waiting for more than 24 hrs., and the price volatility, which we really need most, and one factor of every currency, but we cannot deny that fact that the value of it is unstable and turns to up side down. But the progress of bitcoin is really good, for sure, once these problem solved by the developer I guess, we will have more users and more registrant. And one more thing, I guess, it is not all about bitcoin disadvantage but the user itself.
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 08:39:33 PM

I will try to count all that come to my mind.

1-) The transaction speed is very slow.
2-) Blockchain network is very busy.
3-) Transaction fees are very high. This is horrible!

Most worrying things I guess.
I think the main disadvantage of bitcoin is that this is completely anonymous it could be used I terrist activity or another illegal activity and most other advantage these days it very beginning of bitcoin so it ha problems like fees problem tranxition speed etc but this is not the essue in future we can handle this.
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 08:54:08 PM

bitcoin price is suddenly up & down I think it's is disadvantages it's my personal opinion.

well i do not think that the price sudden fluctuation is the disadvantage of bitcoin, i you think such that so i think you can change this disadvantage into useful for yourself and it is very simple, everyone takes benefit from price fluctuation of bitcoin like buying bitcoin at low price and selling at high price.
 i think the present problems with bitcoin is high transaction fee and slow speed of transaction because now a days people are very tensed from them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: