Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:21:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think are the biggest disadvantages of Bitcoin?  (Read 76708 times)
Vuizel

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:13:55 AM

I think the biggest disadvantages of bitcoin is that it is always been scammed because mostly it is traded online and also bitcoin is not yet so popular in this world that even you have many bitcoins you can only buy to a market which recognizes bitcoin.
Darwintas

Activity: 86

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:14:01 AM

I am using bit coin and is also using by almost person today due its good properties. It is very useful site which provides digital money to users  but there are some its disadvantages that its transaction process can not easily understand by an ordinary person and the fees-es are too high for beginners.
abyaby123

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:22:48 AM

Bitcoins are still only accepted by a very small group of online merchants. This makes it unfeasible to completely rely on Bitcoins as a currency. There is also a possibility that governments might force merchants to not use Bitcoins to ensure that users’ transactions can be tracked.
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 08:31:04 AM

One of the biggest disadvantages I feel is that I and most of the people consider it as an asset and hold it.  Whereas it's a currency and you're supposed to spend it. Most of us don't spend bitcoin for small things because we are afraid that the price will go up and the receiver will benefit from it and we will have a loss and second, the transaction fee is found unnecessary by some people.
Nevertheless I am happy with what I have and you cannot expect anything to be perfect in each and every aspect ,and when it comes to bitcoin it has achieved and done things no one can has ever thought of.

jsscswan

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:39:12 AM

The current disadvantage is that bitcoin can not be implemented in all aspects of life. Too long the time used for bitcoin confirmation is also one of the disadvantages for bitcoin users. I would like to see bitcoin be used for transactions in all fields from the smallest to the largest.

_____________________A I T H E O N_____________________       [   JOIN THE WHITELIST   ]
The digital ecosystem simplifying your world through A.I., robotic, and human symbiosis
██ ███     WHITEPAPER     |     TELEGRAM     |     TWITTER     |     INSTAGRAM     ███ ██
Rosberger

Activity: 93

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:50:03 AM

For the the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is simply because you cant use bitcoin in store yes there are some company accept it but not in all store unlike money you can use it in all stores if bitcoin have a many partnership it really a success
Cryptojunkiez

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:50:28 AM

I think one of the disadvantages affecting bitcoin right now is the high fees, we need to pay if we want our transactions to be confirmed faster and their is also some division in the crypto on working out whats best for the cryptocurrency because of some personal agendas tied to it. I think if they reduce the fees more people wills sell it.
Lykslyks

Activity: 258
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:15:18 AM

For me, the biggest dksadvantage of bitcoin is; it is not widely accepted. Infact, some countries are banned this kind of technology. If you want the list here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country. Second, it has no physical form. You cannot spend it ti any physical stores. Only few stores are accepting bitcoin. You need to convert it to cash in able to buy. Third, bitcoin can be lost. Just like physical.money, it can be lost. For example. You have stored your btc at your pc, but the pc crashes. Your wallet is lost and also your btc.
I agree! I read what is in the link provided. I tried searching on google the disadvantages of bitcoin cause i don't have any idea about it and according to this link: http://kryptomoney.com/advantages-and-disadvantages-of-bitcoins/  bitcoins cannot be taken away of the government easily but thay can ban it in their country. Aside from that Bitcoin prices are very volatile and increases/decreases at a very high pace.
Ducksun

Activity: 60

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:36:23 AM

I think the biggest disadvantages would be the high fees es you have to pay to sell your bitcoins because i just started and when i did my first selling of bitcoin i payed a lot of fees so i was not very happy with that.
elbimbo012

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:47:31 AM

For me biggest dis advantage of bitcoin is accessibility you can only use and access it thru online transaction if you want to purchase something in local stores you need to exchange your bitcoin to real money which may find complex to other people who seldom use the net. Second is the bitcoin value is very unpredictable it may rise high today or may deep down tomorrow.

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:38:40 PM

I think the biggest disadvantages would be the high fees es you have to pay to sell your bitcoins because i just started and when i did my first selling of bitcoin i payed a lot of fees so i was not very happy with that.
If you are not happy with that then do not stick with bitcoin. The fees in transactions are high because the miners are not working hard for a small reward and because the amount of the bitcoin user is going up, they need more reward so they can attract more people to mine bitcoin and continue supporting the blockchain. So it is very clear that it is for the bitcoin and not by just for the miners.
rohit01

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:06:07 AM

in my opinion, only one major disadvantage is high transaction fee and long waiting time for transaction. Now slowly it is gaining popularity and acceptable at many major platforms and it will give advantage to it  in fut
ViperCS

Activity: 197

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 12:09:48 PM

Since Bitcoins do not have a physical form, it cannot be used in physical stores. It would always have to be converted to other currencies. Cards with Bitcoin wallet information stored in them have been proposed, but there is no consensus on a particular system. Since there would be multiple competing systems, merchants would find it unfeasible to support all Bitcoin cards, and therefore users would be forced to convert Bitcoins anyway, unless a universal system is proposed and implemented.
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:30:12 PM

I think the biggest problem its not the bitcoin code, the biggest problem in this moment its the difficult to buy bitcoin from a safe exchange, the technical knowledge needed to set up a wallet, and the difficult to use a digital currency in the physical world.
Yes of course decentralized bitcoin is the biggest disadvantage .Apart from it many people still do not believe in bitcoin, because it is a virtual currency, I mean a crypto digital currency and has no physical structure. So peoplecannot see the volume of bitcoin.

That’s why people do not believe in bitcoin. The other disadvantage is that bitcoin is in today’s era is just an imaginary coin.
It is weird but I find this a lot, some people think that bitcoin is like the currencies that you get in those RPG games and treat it as if it is not real when in fact most of the transactions around the world are digital like, bank transfers, paypal, paying bills from your phone, credit card purchases and others.

yes thats right they dont see bitcoin as like that they know that it is just as an imaginary some think that this is not real scam or any negative thoughts about bitcoin. You can see the advantage of bitcoin if you believe on it.
It is always belief that must be taken in account while determining the advantages and disadvantages of bitcoin. If you have a strong belief in bitcoin then you are definitely getting a lot of benefits from it. If you believe that bitcoin are just a scam or fraud you can never get benefits from it. Well I believe in them and I am earning a lot of money online from them.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:17:19 PM

I think the biggest problem its not the bitcoin code, the biggest problem in this moment its the difficult to buy bitcoin from a safe exchange, the technical knowledge needed to set up a wallet, and the difficult to use a digital currency in the physical world.
Yes of course decentralized bitcoin is the biggest disadvantage .Apart from it many people still do not believe in bitcoin, because it is a virtual currency, I mean a crypto digital currency and has no physical structure. So peoplecannot see the volume of bitcoin.

That’s why people do not believe in bitcoin. The other disadvantage is that bitcoin is in today’s era is just an imaginary coin.
It is weird but I find this a lot, some people think that bitcoin is like the currencies that you get in those RPG games and treat it as if it is not real when in fact most of the transactions around the world are digital like, bank transfers, paypal, paying bills from your phone, credit card purchases and others.

yes thats right they dont see bitcoin as like that they know that it is just as an imaginary some think that this is not real scam or any negative thoughts about bitcoin. You can see the advantage of bitcoin if you believe on it.
It is a shame because most of those people can be really smart but when it comes to the economy as long as they are fine they do not are about anything else, they are completely focused on them and nothing more, that is why I cannot wait for bitcoin to go up in price and show them how mistaken they were.
King Sastro

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:58:26 PM

The cost of transfer is expensive, I hope the transfer fee can be like last year ie no more than 10k satoshi, currently average transfer fee is more than 95k and if the conversion is about $ 4. I'm worried if the cost continues to be expensive and make bitcoin like banks.

PRIMEXCOIN
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:24:51 AM

What's preventing Bitcoins from being accepted as mainstream payment forms? I'm working on a new blockchain and would like to learn what drawbacks of Bitcoin urgently need to be improved Wink
I think, the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin so far is its transaction fee and speed. This always makes me mad especially when I am in a hurry. It will take almost 5 hours for your transaction to be confirmed when you use normal fee. Also, the fee is too high, I think, considering the speed of the transaction. The fee also changes gradually. In our country, the fee usually turns lower than usual during morning and higher than usual in the afternoon.
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:58:01 AM

if i see the biggest disadvantages of bitcoin, i personally so far haven't felt the biggest disadvantages from bitcoin, yes maybe only a few and that also not too big to feel the loss.. that is at a price that is sometimes hard to predicted and easily influenced by various things. While in bitcoin transactions that i do so far it's pretty safe, and not problematic in blockchain, it's just maybe sometime i'm waiting a bit longer / pending in transaction confirmation.. but that i think it's a natural.
damnek

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:22:32 PM

In my opinion the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is universally acceptance and using in every country and every market for every product.
Most of the people are unaware about the current trend of digital currency.

In my opinion bitcoin is does not disadvantage of bitcoin because the bitcoin is use anywhere and buying for something you use bitcoin now this time bitcoin use of universally in all word and I don’t think what about disadvantage of bitcoin
Ejanend

Activity: 460
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:25:54 PM

i think bitcoin do not have any disadvantages because i use bitcoin tell now i have never faced any disadvantage of from bitcoin.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: