Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:37:25 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think are the biggest disadvantages of Bitcoin?  (Read 76708 times)
endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 11:07:14 AM

i think the biggest disadvantages of bitcoin :
bitcoin can be controlled up and down in the floor . This is a difficulty of a trader .
Currently the price stands between 5k to 6k so it is easy for traders who don't expect much margin of profit.
Yes Bitcoin can be used for buying illegal drugs etc thats why Some Govt put it Ban.

It's a Cryptocurrency newly built for Digital people, so after 1 to 2 years we all can know about it, since in this year a lot of changes occured in prices.

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:09:30 AM

The biggest disadvantages bitcoin has for now I think is the slow time of confirmation of transaction. Sometimes it takes hours or more just because there are too many transactions but I really hope transactions would be faster soon so that we can enjoy bitcoin more. I think if bitcoin transactions are real time no matter how many people use it for transaction daily, people might consider it to be used as replacement for credit cards.

I cannot say that this is the disadvantage of it.  You already answered the reason behind the slow transaction is that there are too many transaction build up.  I guess it is just normal even on remitting money abroad, it takes like hours before someone on the other part receives the money.  So basically it is not really a disadvantage.  It would be called disadvantage if you do not know how to be patient.  Maybe you should atleast withdraw your money earlier before the time you need it.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:37:11 AM

What's preventing Bitcoins from being accepted as mainstream payment forms? I'm working on a new blockchain and would like to learn what drawbacks of Bitcoin urgently need to be improved Wink
Although the advantages of bitcoins are very promising, it still have some disadvantages. First, bitcoins have an unstable value, that's why some of investors hesitate to invest because they're afraid of losing. Bitcoins are also vulnerable, it's safe for now because these are still hard to trace but what if the time will come that hackers find a way to robbed our bitcoins. Another thing, bitcoins are not yet fully accepted by others, it only means that there's still a possiblity that it will become valueless
Ultegra134

Activity: 1596
Merit: 785

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:37:32 AM

The biggest disadvantages bitcoin has for now I think is the slow time of confirmation of transaction. Sometimes it takes hours or more just because there are too many transactions but I really hope transactions would be faster soon so that we can enjoy bitcoin more. I think if bitcoin transactions are real time no matter how many people use it for transaction daily, people might consider it to be used as replacement for credit cards.
Slow confirmation times is one of them, but not really a major issue. When the demand/usage is increasing, the transaction fees also increase, which is one of the most major issues of Bitcoin. Thus, using it for transactions becomes unprofitable and unapprochable. Price volatility isn't really an issue, it's one of the "features" of cryptocurrencies.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:40:07 AM

What's preventing Bitcoins from being accepted as mainstream payment forms? I'm working on a new blockchain and would like to learn what drawbacks of Bitcoin urgently need to be improved Wink
i think the number one disadvantage of bitcoin is it being alive only in the internet or online. yeah we know the bitcoin is really useful int he internet because it has faster transaction in every negotiation and have an expensive value. but what if there's no electricity ? we know that the basic requirement to acquire or to used the bitcoin is internet and we know that we can't access or used internet if have no electricity i hope that they make a plan or way to make bitcoin not only in the internet but in real life
finom.io

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 11:45:15 AM

I think that major disadvange is that it's too slow.
Some of the other cons mentioned in the post like being used on black market etc apllies not only to bitcoin but to fiat money and gold at some point.
Volatility is natural for every new kind of assets, so it will probably change later.
RavenHood

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:52:54 AM

In my opinion the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is limited, limited by 21 million. The other disadvantage of bitcoin is the price of it; sometime the prices are so low that your investments are losing and still difficult to sell.
dutchkay

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:02:11 PM

Bitcoin transaction speed is way too slow. check out our traditional bnks and compare the speed of transaction with that of Bitcoin , if they can match that , they we are close of being accepted officially globally. Everyone is not using Bitcoin now and the network is like this, imagine where by everyone floods it and what will happen.
Giebaymax

Activity: 549
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:04:11 PM

the disadvantage is probably when we sell at a low price and by that time the price has increased in just a few days and that's what I often feel  Grin
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:06:47 PM

In my opinion the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is limited, limited by 21 million. The other disadvantage of bitcoin is the price of it; sometime the prices are so low that your investments are losing and still difficult to sell.

If bitcoin was not limited, then bitcoin will have zero value at all. It's unlimited, therefore it doesn't have value or it doesn't have much value. You are either being sarcastic or plainly looking at things the wrong way. The price of bitcoin is a disadvantage how exactly? The people who started out on bitcoin a couple of months ago have already doubled, tripled, or ten-fold their money. So how is bitcoin being a good investment a bad thing? That's the cycle. Bitcoin might be of high price today but if you buy today, you're going to earn some profit in the future just like everybody else.

Yes, sometimes the price is low but you have to deal with it. You simply have to think that the price will go back up and that it's not mandatory to sell. It's okay to hold your bitcoin for a long time and it's probably the best way to maximize your earnings from holding bitcoin.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

asebaby

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:04:52 PM

Lack of Awareness and understanding,many people are still unaware of what BTC is all about,so such ones needed to be educated about Bitcoin.
Risk and Volatility is also another disadvantage.
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:31:44 PM

the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is that a few people belive that the price will go to the moon, it does this since from start
Didle1938

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:54:53 PM

Nicely probably I think about the problem of price on each transaction. It will most likely slowly and gradually make individuals not use bitcoin, since even small transactions have big chunks. I consider which is the only drawback of bitcoin
drlukacs

Activity: 854
Merit: 253

l0tt0.com

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:10:28 PM

Slow confirmation times is one of them, but not really a major issue. When the demand/usage is increasing, the transaction fees also increase, which is one of the most major issues of Bitcoin. Thus, using it for transactions becomes unprofitable and unapprochable. Price volatility isn't really an issue, it's one of the "features" of cryptocurrencies.
Because we need to spend some money to "bribery" the miners, if you do not raise your fees, the miners will ignore your transaction and choose other transaction paid them high fees to work first. You must to remember have not place has not such thing here.

WHIRLWIND
|
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄         █
     ▄▄██▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄        █A
    ▄██▀▄██▀▄▀▀▀ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄     █
   ███ ██▀▄▀     ▄▄▀▄▄ ▀█▄   █
  ███ ███ █        ▀▄ █▄ ██  █
  ███ ███ █         █ ██ ██  █
  ███ ███ █        ▄▀ █▀ ██  █
   ███ ██▄▀▄     ▀▀▄▀▀ ▄█▀   █
    ▀██▄▀██▄▀▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀     █
     ▀▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀        █
        ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  No Fee    Ultimate Privacy  
ANONYMITY
MINING CAMPAIGN
MIX NOW
|
SiDtHeBeSt

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:18:55 PM

Well, one of the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin would be that not alot of people know about it yet, of course many people are getting to know about bitcoins but still it will take time for more people to accept bitcoins as payment. Also bitcoins prices aren't that stable that might be another disadvantage(if the price falls) for the people investing into bitcoins.
Kamote_1102

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:22:56 AM

Bitcoin is not yet stable. You need to trade it with real money and it has a fee. You cannot use it instantly when you want to buy something. And of course, some countries are not allowing bitcoin. And the value of bitcoin changes every time.  Investing in bitcoin is a risk too. And Bitcoin can be used to some illegal activities. And since it’s a digital currency, that means it can be hacked or scammed too. Well, that’s only my point of view.These are the disadvantages I know about Bitcoin.

Faxmate

Activity: 1071
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:21:52 AM

I think a number of things.

• The fact that nobody can control it.
  • The instability of the price.
  • The inability to charge crazy bank like fees for using it.
  • The fact that it is almost anonymous.
  • It wasn't created by 'them'.
  • Still a new technology, unproven.
  • Has received a lot of negativity, bad press & illegal happenings.

These are just a few that come to mind right now.

Additionally, not everybody has the access to bitcoin, some countries are banning as well. Also, people must have skills and should be  alert when it comes to online scamming etc. Also one must have access to the internet. As well as it's worth is not stabilized.
Well in my opinion I think there are two disadvantages of bitcoin first thing is it need internet and second thing is it has no physical shape which is I think a big disadvantage of it because there are a lot of people who are demanding for his physical shape and there are a lot of people who want to join bitcoin but they don’t have internet.
Beareonetu

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:32:46 PM

i think a single of the drawbacks influencing bitcoin appropriate now is the higher fees  we need to shell out if we want our transactions to be confirmed more rapidly and their is also some division in the crypto on operating out whats best for the cryptocurrency simply because of some individual agendas tied to it
Lumen111

Activity: 504
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:50:48 PM

Bitcoin-coin of the information society.
As for any information, the speed and cost of transmission are appreciated.
At the moment, these are the drawbacks of crypto-currencies.
saif.shaikha

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

"The Best ICO with Best ROI:: Cube"

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:53:28 PM

I think awareness about bitcoin is still very low and it is difficult to understand for normal users as atleast a basic understanding of technology is needed before people can use it.

In addition the volatility of the bitcoin price and negative publicity of government crackdown is holding bitcoin back.

Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: