Bitcoin Forum
July 20, 2024, 01:06:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think are the biggest disadvantages of Bitcoin?  (Read 76713 times)
Jessica2009

Activity: 348
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:49:06 PM

The biggest disadvantages of Bitcoin is that it is not widely used, only a few online merchants accept Bitcoin currency . Another negativeness is there is a fearful attitude that the government will stop the usage of Bitcoin. If the Bitcoin wallet is lost  it cannot be recovered ;the Bitcoin value is fluctuating constantly . when goods are purchased and if the seller don't send the promised goods the transaction cannot be reversed back. Since Bitcoin is decentralized one people believe that there is no guarantee for Bitcoin.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
Ianhadi

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:55:06 PM

in every case there is always an advantage and disadvantage over the new things that arise so the biggest losses of bitcoin is that most people do not really calculate it as a means of payment because bitcoin is a new currency for them and most people do not know bitcoin like currency for this reason I think this is the biggest loss that bitcoin has for now.
Mystika

Activity: 134

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 03:16:58 PM

based on my own view the bitcoin's disadvantage to us as its users is to have in mind that we may be inferior because bitcoin is a kind of digital currency so it is not stable or its value drops.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WORLDOPOLY ◈     ▐   FACEBOOKANN THREADTELEGRAM ┃ TWITTER ┃ INSTAGRAM           ▌    JOIN OUR ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
mung_nasib

Activity: 602

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 03:28:46 PM

The biggest disadvantage if investing in bitcoin in my opinion is the risk of capital that can at any time down so mentally very in need of traders if you want to anticipate the occurrence of such problems does not cause panic.

cmacwiz

Activity: 704
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:50:03 PM

One of the big disadvantages of bitcoin is the price instability....

its good for the "investors" and those who believe in bitcoin, but for the normal average joe, it can be too much volatility.

Another weakness is the lack of ways to easily get bitcoins in most countries...
Bitcoin is a digital currency and highly volatile in nature. So its price is always unstable. And  a disadvantage of Bitcoin. Due to this many investors looses  their hope upon Bitcoin. Another biggest disadvantage is its decentralised nature. Due to this nature it is ban in many country. Another biggest advantage of it is its digital nature. Due to its digital in nature all its information store in a hard drive and if virus attack the drive  or if data will corrupt then their is no other way to get back those data and its wallet are also hackable. Another disadvantage of it is its money transaction facility which take long processing time.  Lips sealed
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:32:26 PM

One of the big disadvantages of bitcoin is the price instability....

its good for the "investors" and those who believe in bitcoin, but for the normal average joe, it can be too much volatility.

Another weakness is the lack of ways to easily get bitcoins in most countries...
Bitcoin is a digital currency and highly volatile in nature. So its price is always unstable. And  a disadvantage of Bitcoin. Due to this many investors looses  their hope upon Bitcoin. Another biggest disadvantage is its decentralised nature. Due to this nature it is ban in many country. Another biggest advantage of it is its digital nature. Due to its digital in nature all its information store in a hard drive and if virus attack the drive  or if data will corrupt then their is no other way to get back those data and its wallet are also hackable. Another disadvantage of it is its money transaction facility which take long processing time.  Lips sealed
The bitcoin price is unstable because of the demand and supply, In fact there is  always big variation in bitcoin price, but i think that it will not continue volatile because in future when all the people of the world will accept bitcoin then it will become stable, but in current time i think that traders like variation in bitcoin price which also insure their  profit from trading.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:03:18 PM

Everyone knows that the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is the slowness of its transactions. This is a real disaster that will destroy bitcoins in the future.
diickydbo

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:07:57 PM

For the the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin is simply because you can't use bitcoin in store yes there are some company accept it but not in all store unlike money you can use it in all stores if bitcoin have a many partnership it really a success.
Jembut Ireng

Activity: 586
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:17:38 PM

I think the biggest disadvantages of bitcoin is not yet able to be used for direct transactions, I hope that promotion and number of bitcoin users continue to increase and enlarge so that all bitcoin communities become very strong and of course big football and can be used directly like ATM.
Elviragreg

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:22:05 PM

For me i think the disadvantage of bitcoin is that if you don't have proper data connection, you can not trade your bitcoin without it, and the next one was the fluctuation of the price especially if you are neophyte in trading it will be difficult for you to do it so well.
Bitcoin2009

Activity: 1050

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:37:59 PM

I think the biggest disadvantage using bitcoin is that not many people know and use bitcoin so this makes bitcoin prices very volatile, I hope that this year the development of bitcoin like a year ago so that makes users interested in using bitcoin.
potatocrasher69

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:38:33 PM

individuals are utilized to their old methods for getting things done, they would prefer as a rule not to switch and surrender utilizing banks and outsiders to work together. other than bitcoin is still new and it isn't even equipped for taking care of standard installment. we are experiencing difficulty taking care of exchanges as it seems to be, and obviously agreement can not be come to at any point in the near future.
stellaekun

Activity: 234

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:45:03 PM

some of the main draw backs of being accepted in mainstream business circle as a means of payment as follows
1.Slow speed of transactions.Merchant want instant confirmation of payments from clients,bitcoin had a lot of issues with a lot of unconfirmed transactions
2.High volatility,people want something that the value is fairly fixed as a means of payment.If there is a way to deal with bitcoin high volatility,it will be a major breakthrough in its adoption as a means of payment.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:47:58 PM

I think the biggest disadvantage using bitcoin is that not many people know and use bitcoin so this makes bitcoin prices very volatile, I hope that this year the development of bitcoin like a year ago so that makes users interested in using bitcoin.

I dont think so.  You know there were now many people who recognized and get involved in bitcoin , thats what makes him to be more volatile because of the massive demand and lesser supply that itll get from the public. many people buy and sell from time to time as well as manipulation by whales and that can cause severe fluctuations.

, I hope that this year the development of bitcoin like a year ago so that makes users interested in using bitcoin.

the development of bitcoin wont or cant possibly be back a year ago but rather itll only advance more to much newer technologies so that it can roughly improve more. Also , new updates and patch is better than old ones.
Ivo2012

Activity: 68
Merit: 19

The best way to predict the future is to invent it

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 11:54:17 AM

I think some of the things stopping it from being more widely accepted are:

* The fact that there is no central organisation or government that can control it.
* The instability of the price.
* Negative publicity about money laundry, illegal activities etc.
* It is almost anonymous because it is hard to trace the person behind a transaction
* Slow confirmation times
* Scalability

WINGS Beta is live - List your ICO for only 5000 WINGS at https://wings.ai Over $650 Million raised by ICOs with WINGS since June 2017
Eleanorjean11

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:08:36 PM

There is no need for legal protection here on BTC because legality for BTC will just make it destroy. Anonymity are directly contradicting legality so there is no way to combine that two factor. The only thing you must consider for safety issue here is always keep secrets any information about your wallet and always be nothing.
Wylie330

Activity: 258
Merit: 101

New Era of Freelancing

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:12:13 PM

Biggest advantage right now is the network itself. Its network is getting slower because of the increasing users of Bitcoin. So the tendency, in order to verify the transaction faster, you'll need to pay a higher cost. And that is not worthy of sending Bitcoin.

[ PAYPERBLOCK ] NEW ERA OF FREELANCING POWERED BY BLOCKCHAIN 
█  [ ANN ] [ Website ] [ WP ] [ Telegram ] [ Twitter ] [ Facebook ] [ YouTube ] [ Linkedin ]
coinsontheroad

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:15:10 PM

Biggest advantage right now is the network itself. Its network is getting slower because of the increasing users of Bitcoin. So the tendency, in order to verify the transaction faster, you'll need to pay a higher cost. And that is not worthy of sending Bitcoin.

Yep. That's it.

I sent LTC yesterday. It was INSTANT and the fee was a minute fraction of a BTC fee. If BTC doesn't fix this issue, it will not serve as a currency.

fitzzz

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:18:14 PM

The disadvantage of bitcoin is its slow transaction for now. Its takes minutes to receive confirmation from blockchain. The unstable price of bitcoin that can be manipulated by big investors.
summerbray

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:22:50 PM

For me the biggest advantage of bitcoin is the confirmation why we are waiting? I dont know why we need to confirmed transaction before use bitcoin.? I want instant like the other altcoin . Because sometimes many bitcoin user wait 1-2 days more before the transaction confirmed. Like me my last payouy in my signature campaign I wait 2 days before I use my bitcoin what if I need my bitcoin now. But sometimes the transaction is good but I want everyday.
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: