Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:38:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is it time to start seriously talking about a $5000 BTC  (Read 7314 times)
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 09:37:33 AM

i think theres no time to talk about $5000 per btc as we all know next year will be the last price of bitcoin accept it or not bitcoin will be $1000 next year and it could be stable than other currency but if all people in the world would use and invest bitcoin i think there's a chance that bitcoin could hit atleast $1500 per bitcoin. its okay to dream but dont expect.

It wont be stable when it runs up to 5k but when its comes down and settles then it will become stable again.

Yes, indeed
It will probably retrace a bit after breaking $5k and when it leaps again it will break $10k and eventually stay up there.... Most people who are here today will have sold though so I think there maybe less fud on the threads in future because the new owners of bitcoin will be professional investors and not kids with their pocket money  Wink
quake313

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 09:40:45 AM

i think theres no time to talk about $5000 per btc as we all know next year will be the last price of bitcoin accept it or not bitcoin will be $1000 next year and it could be stable than other currency but if all people in the world would use and invest bitcoin i think there's a chance that bitcoin could hit atleast $1500 per bitcoin. its okay to dream but dont expect.

It wont be stable when it runs up to 5k but when its comes down and settles then it will become stable again.

Yes, indeed
It will probably retrace a bit after breaking $5k and when it leaps again it will break $10k and eventually stay up there.... Most people who are here today will have sold though so I think there maybe less fud on the threads in future because the new owners of bitcoin will be professional investors and not kids with their pocket money  Wink

That's the dream, aint it  Grin
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 02:06:43 PM

5000 usd price is a triviality and 3 years is a long time in crypto in general. It is realistic based on bitcoin's previous behavior to assume 5000 is achievable within months. To maintain that price for longer after the initial pump is harder one.
What I see as the most probable scenario is that bitcoin reaches ATH in the coming 6 months or so, then a breather and new ATH towards the end of 2017. Just like in 2013.
The logic behind is that the first bubble will bring bitcoin to the eyes of a lot of new people and when that bubble pops those people who followed in the sidelines (but did not buy in because it was going to crash) will create the second wave.
The longer bitcoin price is capable rising "only" 10 % a month, the higher the price will shoot.
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 10:45:42 PM

5000 usd price is a triviality and 3 years is a long time in crypto in general. It is realistic based on bitcoin's previous behavior to assume 5000 is achievable within months. To maintain that price for longer after the initial pump is harder one.
What I see as the most probable scenario is that bitcoin reaches ATH in the coming 6 months or so, then a breather and new ATH towards the end of 2017. Just like in 2013.
The logic behind is that the first bubble will bring bitcoin to the eyes of a lot of new people and when that bubble pops those people who followed in the sidelines (but did not buy in because it was going to crash) will create the second wave.
The longer bitcoin price is capable rising "only" 10 % a month, the higher the price will shoot.

Well said!
5000 is peanuts for a gold 2.0 and it will be breached within the next 2 yrs and maybe even less....
I would advise you to buy a few btc when they can still be bought for 3 digits, I guarantee that will not be possible much longer....
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 10:50:46 PM

Yes, indeed

That's the dream, aint it  Grin

I've heard from people like you  before some  back when I bought my first bitcoins for $3 people said I was crazy and I told them to buy some as well...

If you don't think  btc and xmr is the future, you're beyond help and you will be another one of those pour souls who "missed the train"  lol
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 08:00:33 PM

There is a lot of people taht got kicked out of the game last time because they didn't buy back in, now it will be the same, people will sell at around 1k, thinking we will crash hard, but we will only backtrace a bit, and they will not buy back on time so they will be left with no bitcoins while holders are going to see 3k+ next year.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 6326

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 10:53:59 PM

5000 is realistic if really _everything_ works well in the next years.

That means: if we manage to deal with the blockchain size problem (Segwit?) without a hard fork or another kind of community split, if there is more acceptance for online payments and remittances, if there is not too much volatility (speculator attacks, exchange dramas etc.), if there is no real competitor (there are some interesting alternative blockchains) and if there is not too much hostility from the politic sphere. It should also be noted that a open, liberal/libertarian dominating ideology favours Bitcoin's acceptance as an international currency, and the US particularly have moved in the opposite direction, unfortunately.

Myself I think we will hover some time more around $500-1000, with perhaps an occasional peak near the old ATH, but I think only when the blockchain/block size problem is resolved we can think of >1200$ prices.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
imbladednow

Activity: 481
Merit: 500

Woking as a binman sucks.

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 11:04:06 PM

That means: if we manage to deal with the blockchain size problem (Segwit?) without a hard fork or another kind of community split, if there is more acceptance for online payments and remittances, if there is not too much volatility (speculator attacks, exchange dramas etc.), if there is no real competitor (there are some interesting alternative blockchains) and if there is not too much hostility from the politic sphere. It should also be noted that a open, liberal/libertarian dominating ideology favours Bitcoin's acceptance as an international currency, and the US particularly have moved in the opposite direction, unfortunately.

Myself I think we will hover some time more around $500-1000, with perhaps an occasional peak near the old ATH, but I think only when the blockchain/block size problem is resolved we can think of >1200$ prices.

Not years. Next year. Mark my words.

I need crypto in my life and garbage out of it.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 6326

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 11:18:06 PM

I doubt it, but maybe you're right ... I won't cry Wink

5000 is about eight times the actual price and would mean a market cap of about 70 billion USD. An 8x multiplication happened in previous bubbles. But it is much more difficult to reach a $70 billion marketcap than a 10 billion one (the November 2013 bubble).

That only can happen next year if not only "everything works well" like I outlined in my previous post, but also there is a really strong buy hype that we've never seen before. Maybe the injection of Wall Street capital could be a possible reason. Or Trump's remittance tax, if he really implements it (and he at the same time doesn't over-regulate or even prohibit Bitcoin).

If we hadn't the block size problem I would see $5000 in 2017 as an very optimistic, but possible scenario, but taking into account the current evolution of the transaction number/blocksize statistics, for me it's almost impossible. A mass adoption necessary for $5000 would mean permanently 100.000 or more unconfirmed transactions, at any time, even with SegWit enabled.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 08:12:32 AM

The key is stability, BTC has reached $1000 before but never stabilised for a significant period of time.

If BTC stabilised over $1000, I would say it's possible, although other factors are involved and have to be considered

You're right. I wouldn't actually even say we were over $1000 before... it was mostly gox fakery.
Today's ecosystem is much more decentralized as far as price discovery.

Stability in bitcoin affected by bigger market cap of bitcoin which means we need more adopters, more merchants/stores, big companies to adopt and accept bitcoin payment.  The most factor that makes bitcoin price always fluctuate is daily trader, buy and sell. It's a common thing in bitcoin world of course, but we need to pump by increase the adoption and market cap.
DanDan

Activity: 739

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 08:14:59 AM

You must be living in a bubble or wishful thinking that shit to 1k to 5k, it is going down like a broken ship Cry. Probably betting the market is my thought. Good luck sir!

.BITSLER.                 ▄███
               ▄████▀
             ▄████▀
           ▄████▀  ▄██▄
         ▄████▀    ▀████▄
       ▄████▀        ▀████▄
     ▄████▀            ▀████▄
   ▄████▀                ▀████▄
 ▄████▀ ▄████▄      ▄████▄ ▀████▄
█████   ██████      ██████   █████
 ▀████▄ ▀████▀      ▀████▀ ▄████▀
   ▀████▄                ▄████▀
     ▀████▄            ▄████▀
       ▀████▄        ▄████▀
         ▀████▄    ▄████▀
           ▀████▄▄████▀
             ▀██████▀
               ▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄             
▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█▄▄ ▀▀▄         
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       
█  ▀▄▄  ▀█▀▀ ▄      ▀████   ▀▀▄   
█ █▄  ▀▄   ▀████       ▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ▀▀       ▀▄▄ ▀████      ▄▄▄▀▀▀  █
█            ▄ ▀▄    ▄▄▄▀▀▀   ▄▄  █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ ▄▄   ███   ▀██  █           ▀▀  █ 
█ ███  ▀██       █        ▄▄      █ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
▀▄            █        ▀▀      █   
▀▀▄   ███▄  █   ▄▄          █   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     
▀▀▄   █   ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▀▀▀▀               
              ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄     ▄█████▀             ▀█████▄
██▄▄ █████▀                ▀█████
 ████████            ▄██      █████
  ████████▄         ███▀       ████▄
  █████████▀▀     ▄███▀        █████
   █▀▀▀          █████         █████
     ▄▄▄         ████          █████
   █████          ▀▀           ████▀
    █████                     █████
     █████▄                 ▄█████
      ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
         ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       █▀▀ ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀█
     █▀▀ ███████████████████ ▀▀█
    █▀ ███████████████████████ ▀█
   █▀ ███████████████▀▀ ███████ ▀█
 ▄█▀ ██████████████▀      ▀█████ ▀█▄
███ ███████████▀▀            ▀▀██ ███
███ ███████▀▀                     ███
███ ▀▀▀▀                          ███
▀██▄                             ▄██▀
  ▀█▄                            ▀▀
    █▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
     █▄      ▀█████████▀
      ▀█▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄
            ▀▀█████
[]
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 08:31:15 AM

I would be pleasantly surprised if this does happen. In any case, I plan to retain a major portion of my bitcoin holdings till the next halving.
I guess we should be over $5000 at that point. 6x return over ~4 years is not bad at all.  Smiley

Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 09:29:03 PM

A very modest estimate - how much will it cost bitcoin after the stabilization of its value. To understand this very simple. With capitalization of 12 billion $ and volume of the currency 12 million bitcoins real price is about 1000 $ per coin. It is logical to assume that when the capitalization will take the scale of a large country (for the rest of the world, it may be a lot more), for example of the order of Russia's GDP, say 1200 billion $ and the number of 21 million coins (the maximum), then a linear increase of cost is to give  50,000 $ per coin. But in fact, it will be much more - since the dependence between market capitalization and the number of coins and cost is not linear, but exponential. I would guess that rather the final cost upon reaching 21 million coins can exceed 1,000,000 $ per coin or more - and much, much more, if we assume that bitcoin-economy will take a larger portion of global GDP, say, 10 % of the entire global economy by 2020.
hector3115

Activity: 481
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 09:56:10 PM

$5000 would take a fundamental change in how bitcoin is viewed by way more of the world. great things have been happening consistently since 2013 but one thing that hasn't really happened is a massive uptake by new people. it's growing slowly and steadily but nothing crazy. i can't see that changing any time soon so that price is out of reach for anything other than an insane run up and massive crash back down and that would be bad.

Maybe not in the Western world, but I'd say there are definitely tons of new people in India, Venezuela, etc.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 10:19:30 PM

You must be living in a bubble or wishful thinking that shit to 1k to 5k, it is going down like a broken ship Cry. Probably betting the market is my thought. Good luck sir!

$1k to $5k in a single year?  I think it is not realistic. 3 or 4 years maybe.  But it is still a probability not an actuality.  Let Bitcoin breaks $100 at a time.  That is more real than jumping over a high wall.  Who knows we are at it before we know it  Wink
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 11:34:26 PM

$5000 would take a fundamental change in how bitcoin is viewed by way more of the world. great things have been happening consistently since 2013 but one thing that hasn't really happened is a massive uptake by new people. it's growing slowly and steadily but nothing crazy. i can't see that changing any time soon so that price is out of reach for anything other than an insane run up and massive crash back down and that would be bad.

Maybe not in the Western world, but I'd say there are definitely tons of new people in India, Venezuela, etc.

It's of course great to realize growth in third world and developing countries, but these people don't add much value to Bitcoin in the way that they cause the price to go up massively. Because that's all what people here care about. For that to happen we need wealthy individuals to start using Bitcoin as a long term store of value tool. If that happens, then a price in the higher thousands range is just a matter of time.
roomfirst

Activity: 516
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 01:20:35 AM

we're at $770... $1000 coming soon.

Is it time to start seriously talking about $5000 BTC in the next 3 years?

For real ? It will never happen man, $5000 for each bitcoin is really big amount for a currency. But we never know what happen in the next 3 year. This year is really amazing for bitcoin, the price increasing so high and i'm not sure for the next 3 years.
d@nte

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 01:27:25 AM

The key is stability, BTC has reached $1000 before but never stabilised for a significant period of time.

If BTC stabilised over $1000, I would say it's possible, although other factors are involved and have to be considered

You're right. I wouldn't actually even say we were over $1000 before... it was mostly gox fakery.
Today's ecosystem is much more decentralized as far as price discovery.

Stability in bitcoin affected by bigger market cap of bitcoin which means we need more adopters, more merchants/stores, big companies to adopt and accept bitcoin payment.  The most factor that makes bitcoin price always fluctuate is daily trader, buy and sell. It's a common thing in bitcoin world of course, but we need to pump by increase the adoption and market cap.

As you said, adoption is what really brings growth, but this adoption is something that has been growing in number for a long time. It is important to remember that many people are satisfied adopting Bitcoin as a means of storing value, rather than using the functionality for micropayments as the main use.

To answer the OP, not sure about 5k for the next year... but something close to that is possible. To some it seems like an absurd number to be achieved in one or two years, but something like that was already being speculated several years ago. At that time it was an exaggeration, but we are probably closer than many people think.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 02:45:25 AM

is still very much to speak bitcoin price of 5000USD. bitcoin now be in the range 900USD up to 1000USD. still quite a long time to be able to predict the price could reach 5000USD bitcoin. we still need patience and strength to achieve that position.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 04:36:22 AM

is still very much to speak bitcoin price of 5000USD. bitcoin now be in the range 900USD up to 1000USD. still quite a long time to be able to predict the price could reach 5000USD bitcoin. we still need patience and strength to achieve that position.
When bitcoin gains strength through mass adoption, I believe we do not need patience. Yes, mass adoption and big price levels will occur simultaneously.

Some corporate employees are opting for salary in bitcoins. This kind of news were omnipresent when bitcoin was $1000+ in 2013, again we start come across. Hopefully this time many will implement process of buying/getting bitcoin regularly and that may get frequent media attraction so that new mass adoptions keep on happening.

Mass adoption will lead to exponential growth, so we do not need to wait for long to see bitcoin hits $5000 levels.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: