Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:05:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is being told to people in High Schools about Bitcoin  (Read 9673 times)
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 11:34:17 PM

Over here, I can say to the best of my knowledge, nothing is being said about bitcoin in high school even in the university, only few people who are into online business can say something satisfactory about bitcoin. The question is who will even teach about bitcoin in our high schools when bitcoin just started getting popular in 2010 and the teachers in our high school have had their education in the 1990s or 1980s in and more importantly the syllabus is their constitution which in this case the issue about bitcoin is definitely missing.
Blockchain is an innovation of the modern world, and the old teacher did not even know what it is. Therefore, to study the case we need to have to teach a new generation of teachers. It will take a little time it is not yet. While bitcoin it enough, I think.

I don't see the need for it to be taught in high school besides who will entrust a high school student with several thousands of dollars? Are we parents willing??? I guess the answer will be a big "NO" so we should rather be circumspect so that our actions would not make the kids/teens money conscious. I would suggest that we introduce them to it after their first job, be it after high school or whiles in the college.
soham

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 04:22:53 AM

Bitcoin is being taught at high schools? That is surprising. However, narrow minded people will always explain bitcoin in the same way the professor did.

Bitcoin is suitable for such people, who can accept dynamic environment and ready to accept new things. Bitcoin is not for all, only few can adopt he technology and not everyone is capable to invest in such a dynamic coin.

▄████▄       
██████       
▀████▀       
▀██████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▄▄█████  ▄██████████████████▄
▄██████▀██  ████████████████████
▄█████▀    ▀  ████████████████████
▄█████▀         ███ ████████████ ███
██████▀          ███ ████████████ ███
███████           ███ ████████████ ███

▄████▄                  ███████   
██████                 ▄██████     
▀████▀                ▄█████▀     
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄    ▄█████▀       
▄██████████████████▄  ██▄ █████▀         
████████████████████  ██████▀▀           
████████████████████  ██████▄             
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                       
  [    |    ████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███            ▀████████
███  ███████  ▄  ▀██████
███           ██▄  ▀████
███  ███████  ████▄  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
  ] 
FACEBOOK  )   (  TWITTER  )
  SUBSCRIBE NOW!!! 
INSTAGRAM  )  (  LINKEDIN  )
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2017, 11:18:19 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2017, 02:55:33 PM by deisik

Over here, I can say to the best of my knowledge, nothing is being said about bitcoin in high school even in the university, only few people who are into online business can say something satisfactory about bitcoin. The question is who will even teach about bitcoin in our high schools when bitcoin just started getting popular in 2010 and the teachers in our high school have had their education in the 1990s or 1980s in and more importantly the syllabus is their constitution which in this case the issue about bitcoin is definitely missing.
Blockchain is an innovation of the modern world, and the old teacher did not even know what it is. Therefore, to study the case we need to have to teach a new generation of teachers. It will take a little time it is not yet. While bitcoin it enough, I think.

The Bitcoin blockchain technology has been around only for some years (and these are still in single digits), so it wouldn't be very wise overall to teach something which hasn't yet fully established itself. I refer to high (and below) schools, obviously. In this sense, schools are conservative, and it is actually a good feature or quality since they should give basic but solid knowledge before anything else...

Bitcoin certainly doesn't belong to this category of things

I'd rather say it should be studied at universities as part of economic or computer sciences classes

Vikingr

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 01:22:35 PM

If the syllabus of the schools of any country are up to date and they accept the involvement of new technology and bitcoin technology then they will add the lesson of bitcoin in their books and even the older teachers will also learn about bitcoin and will teach to their students.
Rockie1234

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 01:43:07 PM

My suspicions are that people don't bring bitcoin up very much. I imagine it would only come up in a very specific class like economics and business, who in their right minds would randomly bring it up to random uninterested teenagers?
It's been a while since I was in high school...
onelove2111

Activity: 254

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 08:02:03 PM

My suspicions are that people don't bring bitcoin up very much. I imagine it would only come up in a very specific class like economics and business, who in their right minds would randomly bring it up to random uninterested teenagers?
The school is just a few to mention cryptocurrency and in particular about bitcoin, and will need more practical training, but it is a very expensive piece of equipment and need a good funding for schools.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 08:23:02 PM

The school is just a few to mention cryptocurrency and in particular about bitcoin, and will need more practical training, but it is a very expensive piece of equipment and need a good funding for schools.
Do you really think it would be that much important that schools and colleges must teach about bitcoin ecosystem. I guess if it is true, then government policies will not allow that (only national fiats will be supported by any government and their text books).

Yes, people need to know about bitcoin on their own interest. In this digital world, it is highly possible to hear and know about bitcoins in few clicks.
ananas99

Activity: 632

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 09:03:08 PM

Do you really think it would be that much important that schools and colleges must teach about bitcoin ecosystem. I guess if it is true, then government policies will not allow that (only national fiats will be supported by any government and their text books).

Yes, people need to know about bitcoin on their own interest. In this digital world, it is highly possible to hear and know about bitcoins in few clicks.
Educate children in school is not just. Even if today suggest such a possibility, apart from the special school program and need more staff, who will be able and will be able to teach the students in the school.

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▐▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▐▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▐▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▓▓▓▌    ▀▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌        ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓              ▐▓▓▓
      ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
.Money Transfer and Investment.
...Instagramhugeb Facebook hugeb Twitter hugeb Youtube ...

█▄                                     ▄▄▌
     ██▄██▄▄                                ▄███▄█
     ▀▀█▄█▄██▌▀▄                       ▄▄█▀█ ▄███▀
     ▐█▄█▀▀█▀██▄█▀▄                 ▄█▀█▄██▐▀▀█▄▄█
       ▀▀█████▀█████▄              ██▌███▀█████▀▀
      ██▀█████████ ██▄▄▄▄██▄▄█▄█▄▄█████▄▄▀█▄█████▀
     ▐████ ▄▄██████▐███▀▀▀████▀▀▀███▄██████▄▄▀████
       ▀ ███▄█████████▐▄▀▀   ▐█▀▐▐██████▀█▄███▀▀▀      ▌
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▐█▀█▄ ▀  █▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
          ▄██▐█▀ █▀██▄██▌      ██ ▄█▄▐█ ▀█▐█▄
              ▄█▐ ▀▀▀▐ █ ▌█▀█▌▌▐██ ▀▀ ▀▐█▄
                      ▀▐ █ █▄▄▌▐
                       ▄ ▄██▐█
                    ▄██▌▄  ▄  ▀▄▀██
                     ▄████ ▌███▀██
                       ██▌█▌█▌██▌   
                          ▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN OUR VISION TODAY
FOR A BETTER WORLD TOMORROW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
     █   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ██████
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
     █              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
boybugs18

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 09:22:27 PM

let just dont mess with the education highschool are having right now because these bitcoin things(internet of things) must be taught or be a self taught to people who are curious about it . Bitcoin is complicated but highschool kids doesnt need this at their age/time they must learn how to survive this world or much better to teach them how to save money so that it would not be a problem in their future.

MASKNETWORK.
    Decentralized social trading network that rewards users  |   JOIN ICO
    Assets | Binary Options | Leveraged Markets - Trade and get paid !!!
PeRo

Activity: 1040
Merit: 538

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 09:27:03 PM

Teachers will be teachers - acting like they know everything and they think they know about something they never used or experienced. They think that if they are teaching students a subject they know everything. I can see that the teacher does not have a clue about Bitcoin.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
salemon

Activity: 179

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 09:52:48 PM

Teachers will be teachers - acting like they know everything and they think they know about something they never used or experienced. They think that if they are teaching students a subject they know everything. I can see that the teacher does not have a clue about Bitcoin.
Bitcoin is a very narrow focus and to know about it enough information or you need to learn or practice in this area. A modern schools do not have teachers who have at least one experienced with bitcoin.
salemon

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 09:56:23 PM

Bitcoin is a very narrow focus and to know about it enough information or you need to learn or practice in this area. A modern schools do not have teachers who have at least one experienced with bitcoin.
Holly-Dolly

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:09:33 PM

My children is not possible to be interested in bitcoin. Based on the fact that the teaching in schools today, the study is not an easy task. Therefore, for the children it will be very difficult.
farl2web

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 10:32:29 PM

The question of schooling according to bitcoin is very relevant, but we must note that those teachers are supposed to be taught in school, and their teachers need to teach more. This case is very long perspective.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 02:42:02 AM

There is not much of a point in debating with someone that does not even have their fact straight, the teacher is just parroting whatever he heard on TV instead of researching the facts himself, if he did then he will go and buy bitcoin immediately.
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 02:47:54 AM

There is not much of a point in debating with someone that does not even have their fact straight, the teacher is just parroting whatever he heard on TV instead of researching the facts himself, if he did then he will go and buy bitcoin immediately.
The narrative got invented from main media, get used to that. What bitcoin country lacks the most is leaving the echo chamber, reaching people outside over there.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 09:22:12 AM

His teacher is one of the people I call as the "Non-Believer". People usually like that at first when you tell them about bitcoin. They usually tell negative things because they haven't experience how great it is! But I'm pretty asure that his teacher will conduct another research aout bitcoin and I will not be surprise that He will use it also Smiley
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 11:38:03 AM

Bitcoin is being taught at high schools? That is surprising. However, narrow minded people will always explain bitcoin in the same way the professor did.

Bitcoin is suitable for such people, who can accept dynamic environment and ready to accept new things. Bitcoin is not for all, only few can adopt he technology and not everyone is capable to invest in such a dynamic coin.
First of all bitcoin is not taught in high schools in my country because t is not much established in my country but as my country is neutral to bitcoin and is not against bitcoin so I believe that in the coming future it will added as a chapter in mathematics or computer subjects to teach about it to the students and will help them to adopt it and use it for themselves.
Tanic

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 11:44:30 AM

I think that was just an opinion of concrete professor in that school or I don't know. I think in the case of bitcoin, especially when we are talking about education of somebody, it is kind of not fare to take just one negative position. All that that we heard about bitcoin here is just lie and not correct at all. Bitcoin have many sides to talk about and to teach kids about.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 11:49:13 AM

bitcoin is currently developing a vast sector. it seems there is no specific way to tell bitcoin among schools. bitcoin growing and expanding rapidly on the internet. anyone who accesses the internet will recognize bitcoin quickly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: