Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:19:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-E.com - Not Able to login! WARNING - They are not helping me!  (Read 7318 times)
Blindfolded

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:05:22 AM

what a load of FUD

there was no exploit, there was no hacks or thefts done by the exchange. it just shows that you would rather beleive the scare tactics of the troll box then to learn the actual facts of the case.

on april 4th a majority of exchanges and pools got DDOS'ed. for those that are not aware a ddos is not a hacking method to steal money. it is a method to just push so much information into a website that it lags.

BTC-E decided to disable its email servers so that more server power went into active trading.
https://btc-e.com/news/128

other exchanges have been known to temporarily remove/disable less key systems to ensure stability for the more general user.

on april 9th the email servers were switched back on
https://btc-e.com/news/131

so those that did not get emails, please don't call it an exploit. it was in the announcements from the 4th of april. so keep an eye on the announcements. they may lack english grammar but atleast they inform you better then mtgox.

i for one am a person that if something looks dodgy i will go out my way to look into it *cough* BFL *cough*  Grin but BTC-E although run by russians where most trolls stereotype them as 'russian mafia', BTC-e has done a great job when actual hacks occured last year and they dealt with it in a speedy time, without anyone losing out.

that being said. they are still a third party. so using them as a long term bank, using anyone that is not yourself as a long term bank is something you all need to think about intensively.

only put in the funds you want to play with in, the day you want to play with them. and withdraw it before you go sleep. only truly trust those people long term that you know, and are able to slap across the face with a wet fish if they deceived you.

remember its your money, no banks will bail you out. theirs no government insurance policies against loss. so trust yourself to be wise with your funds.

i have many coins but i would only keep in a few coins overnight that i deem a safe risk to add a few pennys if the orders hit. i do the same with institutional banking systems also, so its not just a bitcoin precaution.

what you will find though is shouting abuse will not get speedy results. infact they are within their rights to put your issues to the bottom of the pile if you become abusive/extortionate.

Good advice, and well spoken.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
evonymus

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:56:43 AM

BTC-e has very quick support
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:01:46 AM

This thread really needs more attention.

Something is definitely not right here

I too am locked out of my account. It happened very abruptly last night and I immediately started emailing support about it. I didn't know about the ticket system until this morning so I opened up a ticket and it took almost 8 hours to respond to it. Now after I've given my username I have waited another 5 hours and still no response.

I had roughly 5BTC in my account, not much, but at the time it was worth about $1000.

To back up just a bit, I registered my account just a few days ago, never got a confirmation email from BTC-e, had to manually request verification by emailing support, and got locked out of my account. Tried password resets in vain, locked myself out of the account several times.

If there are any BTC missing from my account we really need to get vocal about demanding payment. If exchanges keep operating like this then it will just fuel the fire of bitcoin needing more regulation to prevent stupid shit like this.
Rimas1978

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:21:02 AM

what a load of FUD

there was no exploit, there was no hacks or thefts done by the exchange. it just shows that you would rather beleive the scare tactics of the troll box then to learn the actual facts of the case.

on april 4th a majority of exchanges and pools got DDOS'ed. for those that are not aware a ddos is not a hacking method to steal money. it is a method to just push so much information into a website that it lags.

BTC-E decided to disable its email servers so that more server power went into active trading.
https://btc-e.com/news/128

other exchanges have been known to temporarily remove/disable less key systems to ensure stability for the more general user.

on april 9th the email servers were switched back on
https://btc-e.com/news/131

so those that did not get emails, please don't call it an exploit. it was in the announcements from the 4th of april. so keep an eye on the announcements. they may lack english grammar but atleast they inform you better then mtgox.

i for one am a person that if something looks dodgy i will go out my way to look into it *cough* BFL *cough*  Grin but BTC-E although run by russians where most trolls stereotype them as 'russian mafia', BTC-e has done a great job when actual hacks occured last year and they dealt with it in a speedy time, without anyone losing out.

that being said. they are still a third party. so using them as a long term bank, using anyone that is not yourself as a long term bank is something you all need to think about intensively.

only put in the funds you want to play with in, the day you want to play with them. and withdraw it before you go sleep. only truly trust those people long term that you know, and are able to slap across the face with a wet fish if they deceived you.

remember its your money, no banks will bail you out. theirs no government insurance policies against loss. so trust yourself to be wise with your funds.

i have many coins but i would only keep in a few coins overnight that i deem a safe risk to add a few pennys if the orders hit. i do the same with institutional banking systems also, so its not just a bitcoin precaution.

what you will find though is shouting abuse will not get speedy results. infact they are within their rights to put your issues to the bottom of the pile if you become abusive/extortionate.

The email thing doesn't make sense. I received a confirmation email when I confirmed my email address. Yeah different server probably but it would be changing 1 line of code to make it go through an email server that worked.

I typed my password in notepad as it was long and complex, then copied and pasted it into the change password thing... When I was about to go to bed, I thought I would log out and back in again just to make sure everything worked fine, and that's where the shit started. I know they are working on improvements and maybe I was too hard on them, but when you have a shit load of cash sitting there you do get slightly worried. I know it's only money and at the end of our life it won't mean shit, but not receiving any messages from support and when they finally sent something they made no sense.
Rimas1978

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:23:31 AM

And why are people losing money?
phr0stbyt3

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:37:40 AM

And why are people losing money?

After 24 hours I still have not regained access to my account. I can't say for sure whether I lost money or not but the way things are looking that is probably the case. Could be a major security breach @ BTC-e

Set this thread on fire until we get answers.
Flagstaff_Miner

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:47:14 AM

Went to bed last night with everything working only to wake up to not being able to log in. Ticket #126 and no response yet.

Same issue as everyone else. Invalid password and then email not on file. Does anyone have any updates?Huh?
phr0stbyt3

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:45:31 AM

I got a response today asking for my username... that was 8 hours ago. I responded within minutes. Ticket #48
libertysilver

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:45:47 AM

I too have had trouble logging into my account for several days.

Tonight I finally got in and my coins were gone.

4.77 BTC
526 PPC
306 LTC
Also NMC and DVC

I haven't sorted out the NMC or DVC yet as there were buys and sells and withdrawals
back and forth.

But Several thousand dollars total.

If there is a programmer or someone who understands the blockchain this would be helpful.
I have copies of all the records.

I have sent a support ticket.  But would really appreciate if someone who knows how
to track this down could help.  I have the withdrawal addresses.

And am familiar with this site to track down the chain of events: http://blockexplorer.com/.

Whoever is doing this, is leaving a long trail.
pindis

Activity: 187

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:23:02 AM

I have access to my account, however it was compromised, lost around 19 LTC. I know this might have been my own fault, using a bad password. However for me it seems like they should have some other sort of withdraw-confirmation too.

I'm sorry for your loss though, and I hope you get it back!
injpn

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:51:55 AM

My take on this is as follows.

1. Somehow your passwords were stolen (bot/hack/human error/bruteforce)
2. Your account was accessed and email changed
( this defeats the email verification for withdrawing/sending funds)
3. Funds were stolen and perhaps your email set back

The reason BTC-e are not able to help you is they most likely do not keep a forensic history of account changes.
So potentially they have no way of knowing what email address you signed up with and no idea of any changes performed since.

Script kiddies make a solid trading platform NOT.
Why are 180 or so bots on their server at any one time?

Speculation of course but then the last 24hrs of crypto coin have been nothing but that.

I'm pulling all LTC/BTC from them and Mt.Gox until there is a professional online platform.
Flagstaff_Miner

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:53:37 AM

Im finding out I was compromised as well. They got off with 43.75 BTC...

Here's what I can find. My hacker was from Australia. This info is reference for others.

IP: 110.175.137.253
Transaction ID: d5fb1cd954390f19b64a75b3af5ba30868df6dfa629b8e147bd05739c9fbf809
BTC Wallet Address: 1EfYahxF46qNJsM2fB6STrWfR8pBR9yg6v

Sent another Ticket to BTC-E, We'll see how this goes.
pindis

Activity: 187

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:06:50 PM

Im finding out I was compromised as well. They got off with 43.75 BTC...

Here's what I can find. My hacker was from Australia. This info is reference for others.

IP: 110.175.137.253
Transaction ID: d5fb1cd954390f19b64a75b3af5ba30868df6dfa629b8e147bd05739c9fbf809
BTC Wallet Address: 1EfYahxF46qNJsM2fB6STrWfR8pBR9yg6v

Sent another Ticket to BTC-E, We'll see how this goes.

Good luck man. Seems the guy only posted one transaction with that address Sad This is what's hard about the Anonymous part of btc/ltc. 
avulhop

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:40:51 PM

Don't. Leave. Money. In. Exchange. Accounts.
phr0stbyt3

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:49:26 PM

Having your account breached and password changed mid-trading session really makes it hard to withdraw funds. 4 out of 5 doctors agree.
If you can come up with a creative way to initiate a withdrawal after your account has been breached/changed you would be a septillionaire.

On another note I started a unifying thread for this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=173354.0
EvilLizardApparel

Activity: 133

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:44:23 PM

Having your account breached and password changed mid-trading session really makes it hard to withdraw funds. 4 out of 5 doctors agree.
If you can come up with a creative way to initiate a withdrawal after your account has been breached/changed you would be a septillionaire.

On another note I started a unifying thread for this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=173354.0

Everyone who has posted about their account being hacked, please atleast copy your post to the thread phr0stbyt3 created so we can have a compiled list of all accounts affected, for people to see.

bradmurmz

Activity: 205

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 05:22:08 PM

I too had the exact same thing happen to me while I was logged in and trading. All of the sudden I was logged out and could not log back in and my email was changed.

I lost 200 BTC!!

Something very strange is going on as support only immediately responded to me after I posted their IP address to them which I found accessing MY WEBSITE in my server logs! A few minutes after I threatened to go to the media with this they were researching my name and poking around on my website which I have a clicktale style recording of, the IP address of course is from Krasnoyarsk Russia. I have a correspondence with them on their support forms and in mid conversation they went back to ignoring me.
sharkbyte093

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:41:01 PM

Tried responding to the other thread, but... another forum with irritating time-based/post-based restrictions...

Same issue. Locked out of my account.

Password doesn't work.
Password recovery doesn't work. Never receive email.
No idea on status of funds inside my account.

Contacted BTC-e support 8 hours ago on http://btcecom.freshdesk.com/support/. No response.
Contacted on Skype. No response.
Contacted by email. No Response.

Pretty frustrating...

scalar33

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:45:43 PM

I  had problem with btc-e also, somehow my password got changed, and i never changed it.  also the reset password function wasnt working, i had to contact support to get it fixed

62 Posts  BTC: 12UByjpZgQMV1j8Hg8KQuztGbmfb2aD5HM
bradmurmz

Activity: 205

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 06:24:35 PM

You guys were "hacked"... sounds like the exact same thing that happened to us. I'm working on a press release... People need to know about this, btc-e has done nothing to help any of us. PM me to get involved....
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: