Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:12:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Will Kill The Income Tax  (Read 29874 times)
wxa7115

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 05:44:36 PM

Of course it will kill the income tax especially in the US where taxes are crazy and illegal.  It could make the end of the US government and the beginning of high unemployment which will be bad for everybody. There will be a lot of chaos I think.
The taxes are even higher in Europe than in the U.S. so bitcoin could benefit more to those that live in places where there are even higher taxes than the norm, the problem is the EU has already noticed this and are trying to crack down bitcoin users and their stored coins.

I think at this point the only way of getting to know who owns what in Bitcoin, is when they start forcing exchanges to release user information. Only then governments can actually find people with large amounts of coins that try to hide it from their local tax agency. It's the big fishes that they are after. I just hope exchanges will refuse these requests but I don't think they have much chances of winning against the governments.
You are right, but while they are after the big fish, these kind of announcements are also a way to scare small holders into compliance since they have no way to hire lawyers or accountants to fight against the tax agencies.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 05:50:25 PM

There is always a way to evade tax and Bitcoin is one of them, tax is not an issue in country, because people get little back from government so there is no need to do so, unless you want to go for political post.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 05:53:50 PM

I wish people wouldn't support taxation of marijuana so strongly.

Do they realize their legalized weed would be much cheaper if it wasn't heavily taxed?

Bitcoin is the same.

Smiley

I think you misunderstood the topic. It's not about taxation killing Bitcoin but rather the other way around. With Bitcoin it's easy to evade taxation, but since most people don't use it yet it shouldn't be a big problem for the governments, for a while at least.
m5city

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 06:21:55 PM

bitcoin will not kill anything, but the people who learned from bitcion and chains will make tons things, it will kills things!
bitbob82

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 08:35:58 PM

Do they realize their legalized weed would be much cheaper if it wasn't heavily taxed?

Bitcoin is the same.

Smiley

I think you misunderstood the topic. It's not about taxation killing Bitcoin but rather the other way around. With Bitcoin it's easy to evade taxation, but since most people don't use it yet it shouldn't be a big problem for the governments, for a while at least.
but i think it is already a problem for the government. because government have to turn bitcoin as legal currency first, and after that they can impost tax on bitcoin, because there is not tax on illegal thing. so if government want to impost tax on bitcoin they have to turn bitcoin as legal currency.
whizter

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 09:18:29 PM

Bitcoin is the same.

Smiley

but i think it is already a problem for the government. because government have to turn bitcoin as legal currency first, and after that they can impost tax on bitcoin, because there is not tax on illegal thing. so if government want to impost tax on bitcoin they have to turn bitcoin as legal currency.
i think it is not such a big problem for the government, if government wants they can turn bitcoin as legal currency, and then they can easily put tax on bitcoin

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.
hgmichna

Activity: 695

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 10:25:09 AM

There are other ways. Germany, for example, considers bitcoin to be something akin to shares or other things that you can trade, not as a currency.

When you buy and sell bitcoin within less than a year and make a gain, this gain is taxed in Germany. If you make a loss, you also have to declare that, but you can count the loss against future gains. If, for example, you lose €100 in one year and gain €150 in the next, you only pay tax on the €50 total gain.

This is how Germany handles it. I don't know about other countries.

Of course, some people will try to keep their ownership of bitcoins secret, but the choke point is the bitcoin exchange. All exchanges I know are reached by the OECD AEoI/CRS regulation and have to report account information to the home taxman of each customer. Some exchanges may not do that yet, but then they are breaking their own country's law.

This leaves trading on LocalBitcoins.com and on the Mycelium Local Trader, but that is slow, inconvenient, and often costly, not to mention certain risks.

I think it is a good idea to fulfill your tax obligations within reason. The bitcoin hodlers are not affected in Germany, because gains from selling after more than one year are entirely tax-free.
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2017, 10:33:17 AM

Bitcoin is the same.

Smiley

i think it is not such a big problem for the government, if government wants they can turn bitcoin as legal currency, and then they can easily put tax on bitcoin

Its not that easy to make bitcoin a legal currency when the country already have a nationalized currency. Governments can make bitcoin as an currency and based upon the transactions happening with their bank accounts in relative to bitcoin taxation can be done.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 01:40:49 PM

Bitcoin is the same.

Smiley

Its not that easy to make bitcoin a legal currency when the country already have a nationalized currency. Governments can make bitcoin as an currency and based upon the transactions happening with their bank accounts in relative to bitcoin taxation can be done.
actually the trend of people about currency is changing, people are taking interest in online shopping, the government have  to realize the fact and they should take some positive step about that, so if they can manage they will recognize bitcoin as legal currency and if they cannot do so then they will create their own crypto currency which they will do  control.
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 01:52:30 PM

For what is happening now to our generation the community in the entire world are most often used the banking system and some in some other countries they used fiat. Where those two are centralized and we know that. So I guess if times come that bitcoin will become the currency of all countries the taxes or income tax will totally disappear.
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 03:59:08 PM

For what is happening now to our generation the community in the entire world are most often used the banking system and some in some other countries they used fiat. Where those two are centralized and we know that. So I guess if times come that bitcoin will become the currency of all countries the taxes or income tax will totally disappear.
I am not sure if you understand how taxes (income or any other tax) work, because the government can collect taxes regardless if you use Bitcoin or something else and they will.

izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 04:02:31 PM

Depend on country policy for bitcoin. For example, my country still forbid bitcoin but if they still legalize, they will not affect local tax at all since bitcoin have different mechanism based on my constitution.

At least my goverment do for our people's good !

Smiley
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 04:26:15 PM

Depend on country policy for bitcoin. For example, my country still forbid bitcoin but if they still legalize, they will not affect local tax at all since bitcoin have different mechanism based on my constitution.

I think what he meant was the probability of some Bitcoin users hiding their true Income to lessen their Tax by means of Bitcoin because we all know that Bitcoin  Transactions are hard to trace. Even if your provide a Bitcoin address to the government you can create a new one in order for you to hide your income. Definitely Bitcoin can lessen the National Budget of a country.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2017, 05:05:36 PM

Agree, it depends on the country and also on the treatment of constitution. Eg: In my country bitcoin can be classified as a computer software, currency or even as a commodity under the provisions of various laws but still this assumption is debatable in the courts. I think classification also matters while determination of taxes.
abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

FOCUS

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2017, 05:27:49 PM

I think bitcoin will not kill income tax because transactions is happening online , And the government will surely make a move in order to prevent the killing of income tax. Maybe it is depending on the country.
farhaan

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 05:47:06 PM

If bitcoin is accepted world wide to buy all the things like US dollar, then only income tax can be avoided.But, it is not the case.Every time, for buying anything, we have to convert bitcoins into fiat and so we have to pay tax for the fiat converted.To my knowledge, we could recharge our mobile and hardly buy products found in some offers online produced by individual persons. It would take a long time for us to avoid income tax on our bitcoin earnings.

▄▄ ▀█▄▀█▄ ▄ ▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀  ███▀██▄▄▀
█████▀▀█ ██  ███ ██████▄▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄█ ██▌  ███▄▀██████▄▀
█████▀ ▀▄ ██▄  ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀
 ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▀▄ ▀██▄  ▀▀████████▐▌█
  ██████  ▀▄ ▀██▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▌█▀
   ▀██▀  ▄▄▀▀▄ ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ █▀▄
       ▄███▀  ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▀ ▀▄
       ▀██▀  ▄███  ▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▄ █▄
            ▄███  ▐██▌ ██▌ █▄ ▀
              ▀   ███  ███  ▀
ONSTELLAR   ▄████▄▄
  █████  █▄
 ▐██████████▄▄
 ▐███████████▀█▄
 ██████▀▀▀▀████▀
 █████           ▄▄▄▄                        ▄▄▄
▐█████▌       ▄▄███████        ▄▄████▄      ▀▀███
███████      ███████████      ████████▌       ███
███████▌    ███████▀▀▀███    ▐████   ▀▀
████████   ▐██████▌    ▀▀     ▀▀▀
█████████  ███████
▐█████████   ▀▀▀▀
  ▀██████▀
FROM THE PARANORMAL TO THE METAPHYSICAL
THE WORLD'S FIRST SOCIAL NETWORK
WHERE THE UNEXPLAINED LIVES...

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████▄
█████████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▀█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████ ████████████████
▀██████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▄██████████████▀
▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀▀▀
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
TELEGRAM
chixka000

Activity: 910

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 04:42:14 AM

If bitcoin is accepted world wide to buy all the things like US dollar, then only income tax can be avoided.But, it is not the case.Every time, for buying anything, we have to convert bitcoins into fiat and so we have to pay tax for the fiat converted.To my knowledge, we could recharge our mobile and hardly buy products found in some offers online produced by individual persons. It would take a long time for us to avoid income tax on our bitcoin earnings.

Lol, if bitcoin can be accepted in the whole world then i guess a simple peron who has bitcoin can live through his life without using fiat. Eg(shopping,coffee,hotel etc) since btc is widely accepted he can pay all those through btc now the question would be is he evading tax pays?
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 05:33:52 AM

Lol, if bitcoin can be accepted in the whole world then i guess a simple peron who has bitcoin can live through his life without using fiat. Eg(shopping,coffee,hotel etc) since btc is widely accepted he can pay all those through btc now the question would be is he evading tax pays?
It depends on the person using the Bitcoin, because it is the man's temptation to avoid and tamper his income's transparency. That is what the government is avoiding because if our world is a Bitcoin friendly worlds than I am sure that all countries will have a lesser national budget. Having a lesser national budget will equal to less development.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
wxa7115

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 06:18:45 AM

Bitcoin is the same.

Smiley

Believe me governments take notice of developments like this, it is no wonder why governments are all over tax havens and pressure them to give up banking secrecy or to raise their taxes or change their laws so you have nowhere to run, bitcoin has opened a new way to do it and it is not something they can destroy very easily.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 06:24:45 AM

Bitcoin is the same.

Smiley

Believe me governments take notice of developments like this, it is no wonder why governments are all over tax havens and pressure them to give up banking secrecy or to raise their taxes or change their laws so you have nowhere to run, bitcoin has opened a new way to do it and it is not something they can destroy very easily.
For us money earners we could really saw that tax do really affects us too much but thinking it on a good way it does really help for a nation to grow even more specially when your government using it on a proper way and not on the corrupt ones.Bitcoin could really kill income tax but it would really give effect to the economy of a certain country.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: